PDA

View Full Version : Beta footage v4.49 by JG4_hanseat showing the 110-C6 in action

Mysticpuma
Oct-29-2017, 08:24
Footage showing the 110-C6 ground and sea attack using Mauser 30x184 Hochbrisanzgranate loadout.
Flown on the test server, hanseat mentions that in the footage he attacked an already dead tank with the different ammo.
Footage is of beta so some features may change before final release.

PC Specifications:
Intel core i5 @ 3.4 ghz
16Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 970

Game settings at High or Very High

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWu1u2iVKJU&feature=youtu.be

rel4y
Oct-29-2017, 08:39
New favorite Bf110 for sure! Hopefully the rc gets smooth through testing. :)

69th_Zeb
Oct-29-2017, 09:02
I have to take back everything I said about the scenery. Everything is looking so good.

That was some nice airmanship too!

RCAF Rob
Oct-29-2017, 12:30
"there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,"

David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty
31 May 1916

While the scenery is beautiful and the explosions are spectacular they are worrying. While the fuel trucks would explode from a 30mm hit, no contest, a RN destroyer would not be significantly damaged by even the entire loadout from the 30 x 184mm round, it just dosen't carry enough explosive and it certainly would not sink as a result. So either the 30 x 184 round is significantly OP or the destroyers are too weak, I suspect a bit of both. The evidence in favour of it being the 30mm round being OP is the tanks. While it is theoretically possible for the 30 x 184 round to penetrate the tanks armour, that would be the AP round which would cause spall and may hit the ammo and cause an explosion but for the most part even a high velocity 75mm round rarely caused a tank to explode immediately. Back to the destroyer, they routinely continued to fight after multiple 5in or 6in shell hits that were intended to sink a ship after penetrating the armoured hull. Is this new 30mm still being refined?

DerDa
Oct-29-2017, 13:03
That's maybe, because the ship attacked is no destroyer, as far as I see.

Mysticpuma
Oct-29-2017, 13:06

31 May 1916

While the scenery is beautiful and the explosions are spectacular they are worrying. While the fuel trucks would explode from a 30mm hit, no contest, a RN destroyer would not be significantly damaged by even the entire loadout from the 30 x 184mm round, it just dosen't carry enough explosive and it certainly would not sink as a result. So either the 30 x 184 round is significantly OP or the destroyers are too weak, I suspect a bit of both. The evidence in favour of it being the 30mm round being OP is the tanks. While it is theoretically possible for the 30 x 184 round to penetrate the tanks armour, that would be the AP round which would cause spall and may hit the ammo and cause an explosion but for the most part even a high velocity 75mm round rarely caused a tank to explode immediately. Back to the destroyer, they routinely continued to fight after multiple 5in or 6in shell hits that were intended to sink a ship after penetrating the armoured hull. Is this new 30mm still being refined?

DM has been tweaked since this video....but we still like to share beta testing footage :)

Vlerkies
Oct-29-2017, 13:40
Crikey, some heavy hitters coming for 4.5.

Requesting a transfer to rear guard base :)

Catseye
Oct-29-2017, 13:40
DM has been tweaked since this video....but we still like to share beta testing footage :)

I'm curious to know if AP/He 20mm Hispano cannon round(s) will explode fuel tanks?

ATAG_Snapper
Oct-29-2017, 13:58
I'm curious to know if AP/He 20mm Hispano cannon round(s) will explode fuel tanks?

They’ll blow fuel bowsers (at 1:18) :

https://youtu.be/7SeLJUGKQ5c
https://youtu.be/7SeLJUGKQ5c

1lokos
Oct-29-2017, 14:02
That's maybe, because the ship attacked is no destroyer, as far as I see.

Yes, is a M 1935 (class) Minensuchboot (http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww152/whirlybirda2a/reduxlw/reduxlw001/malta2008_zpsbbb1b8fb.jpg). :D

Strange, the thing is technically a "minesweeper", but could lay 30 mines. :whacky4:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-29-2017, 14:04

31 May 1916

Please note this is an early Beta.

The rounds are not too strong... the explosive etc. has been calculated very carefully.

A smaller ship taking hits from a shell of this size will take serious damage.

However, the Minesweeper/Corvettes are a little too weak in their ability to sustain hits... sinking could be possible, but not likely from one single aircraft and one burst.

For that reason, damage models are under review.

ZG26_Sir_Racha
Oct-29-2017, 15:04
Hmmmm that is a beauty if I have ever seen one

dix
Oct-29-2017, 20:30
pretty cool footage, i'm loving the new look of the scenery, and damaging ships is seriously intriguing
kinda scared to see a vehicle destroyed in a single shot, but what i'm more curious about, since i really couldn't say from the video.. did the fuel truck explosion caused any damage to the nearby vehicles? even if it didn't, would\could it?

1lokos
Oct-29-2017, 21:28
did the fuel truck explosion caused any damage to the nearby vehicles? even if it didn't, would\could it?

In early CLoD this happen, a exploding vehicle can throw another away, not sure in actual versions.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-29-2017, 22:29
In early CLoD this happen, a exploding vehicle can throw another away, not sure in actual versions.

This happens in most recent versions too.

dix
Oct-30-2017, 04:01
This happens in most recent versions too.
Is that a yes to my question? Or it just moves vehicles away without dealing any damage to them?

69th_Stoic
Oct-30-2017, 18:05
I love that ships are now susceptible to gun/cannon fire. There is so much gun cam footage of shipping being strafed and yet that hasn't been well represented in CLoD up to this point. I understand of course that DMs still need a bit of tweaking here and there, but I just wanted to say thanks for adding this into the game. Also - the explosions look awesome.

1lokos
Nov-02-2017, 10:46
@ Mysticpuma.

In other forum are a "conspiracy theory" that German planes DM is intentionally "nerferd" in CloD (British version of '46 Russian "bias"). :D

So, despite your non-collaborative X-52 :joystick: ;-), do a video shooting with C-6 in German planes and British planes and Beaufighter shooting in British and German planes. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-02-2017, 10:53
@ Mysticpuma.

In other forum are a "conspiracy theory" that German planes DM is intentionally "nerferd" in CloD (British version of '46 Russian "bias"). :D

So, despite your non-collaborative X-52 :joystick: ;-), do a video shooting with C-6 in German planes and British planes and Beaufighter shooting in British and German planes. :thumbsup:

Due to the nature of conspiracy theories and the nature of those who subscribe I very much doubt any evidence (ever) will alter the view of the theorists.

More likely they wil just alter their theory to suit an altered conspiracy :D

ATAG_Colander
Nov-02-2017, 10:55
No matter what is done, there will always be those who think their favorite side has been nerfed and done on purpose.

BOO
Nov-02-2017, 11:49
whoa!! - there are people who think their favourite aircraft/side is nerfed deliberately?

Well I never....

When did all this start........?

Gromit
Nov-02-2017, 12:42
whoa!! - there are people who think their favourite aircraft/side is nerfed deliberately?

Well I never....

When did all this start........?

The moment their favourite plane didn't turn out to be the uber machine they think and demand it should be!

BOO
Nov-02-2017, 13:02
I'm shocked

DerDa
Nov-02-2017, 13:07
I fly red.
So, naturally the red planes are all nerved!

But I am German.
So, naturally all German planes are nerved!

Wait a minute ... :stunned:

Maybe I am nerved!
This sim is totally biased against me! Me personally!!! Just look at last months stats ... :grrr:

ATAG_Colander
Nov-02-2017, 13:54
I knew it!! the derda FM is wrong!!!

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-02-2017, 14:01
I knew it!! the derda FM is wrong!!!

Undoubtedly.. after all.... he turns up to all the Highseas Tours !