PDA

View Full Version : Two new videos from Beta testing v4.49 - lighting and particle effects shown

Mysticpuma
Nov-02-2017, 13:59
Blenheim Hunting by JG4_ Karaya - Beta v4.49 footage IL2 Cliffs of Dover

Footage captured by JG4_Karaya in Beta v4.49 showing a selection of the new effects coming in Patch v4.5
Almost there.....final beta testing expected to start on November 5th :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bwbCe3Ycjk&feature=youtu.be

IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover computer simulation of a Beaufighter IF intercepting Luftwaffe bombers attacking London in 1940. Using Team Fusion Simulations Beta v 4.49.
Footage shows the lighting effects in Beta v4.49 testing.

Description:

IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover computer simulation of a Beaufighter IF intercepting Luftwaffe bombers attacking London in 1940. Using Team Fusion Simulations Beta v 4.49.
Footage shows the lighting effects in Beta v4.49 testing.

Description:

After reading many accounts of Beaufighter 1F pilots intercepting marauding Luftwaffe bombers over England and the Channel during 1940, I thought I'd give it a go myself. I dug out the old 032 Single Mission and opened it up in FMB. Changed the Hurricane NF to the Beaufighter NF, eliminated the clouds and changed the default time of 21:00 hours to 03:30 hours to get a hint of predawn glimmer in the night sky for visibility sake. Knocking out object icons in the Realism settings was tough -- it is HARD to spot contacts, even when they are bracketed with flak. I found the best technique was to look for them overhead against the slightly-lit sky, since it was impossible to make out their presence against the black terrain.

Note that features are subject to change before final release.

Note that features are subject to change before final release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzzSop90BwE&feature=youtu.be

dhyran
Nov-02-2017, 14:23
Nice!

DUI
Nov-02-2017, 14:40
Nice ones, thanks!

What is it with the rough gunsight of the Bf 110? Was the quality of the optics that worse than the still very precise gunsight of the Beaufighter?

Archwarder
Nov-02-2017, 15:35
The fire power on that thing is scary.

Oh and how to evade MysticPuma: Dive slightly so he can't see you in his gunsight anymore :)

baronWastelan
Nov-02-2017, 16:02
Why the big rush to get this update done?

Mysticpuma
Nov-02-2017, 16:55
What is it with the rough gunsight of the Bf 110? Was the quality of the optics that worse than the still very precise gunsight of the Beaufighter?

Been changed for the next beta already :)

ATAG_Vampire
Nov-02-2017, 19:39
Thanks for posting MP.

The early morning Beaufighter intercepts were great to watch and with the lighting very atmospheric. Looking forward to using the 'Beau' in this role. :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

69th_Zeb
Nov-02-2017, 21:00
Heck yes! I thought the early morning Beaufighter footage was awesome. I didn't think it was that dark and having the radar operator made it feel close enough -even if onboard AI was not available.

Superduper. 2 weeks now.

HurricaneHarvest
Nov-03-2017, 03:32
Could blenies be thrown around the sky like that ? didn't look realistic .. too fast

Apart from that, looking great.

MightyBouff
Nov-03-2017, 07:08
Could blenies be thrown around the sky like that ? didn't look realistic .. too fast

I think the AI got a bit excited there, I've not seen a player through shapes like that in a blennie.

Teetwo
Nov-03-2017, 08:20
Nice, thanks for posting this.

1lokos
Nov-03-2017, 08:40
I think the AI got a bit excited there, I've not seen a player through shapes like that in a blennie.

This behavior is caused due some AI has set with "Ace" skill - result in that unrealistic I/F-16 roll. Until TF look at CloD AI, mission makers should not used this "Rookie" and "Ace" skill, that result or in dumb "drones" or "Tie Fighters". :-P

This QM -014 - Bomber Intercept - Calais - has both:

Skill2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Skill3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

buster_dee
Nov-03-2017, 09:59
Thanks for taking one for the team (landing into the sun). Wonderfully atmospheric. In RL, that radar would be exasperating, as max and min range were barely useful, and ground control would be in your headset getting you back on the target you have just lost for the 4th time. Basically, the observer lost the target about the time a pilot was just visually acquiring. I guess what I'm saying is that the implementation I'm seeing bows to history while keeping it playable. I really like it.

rel4y
Nov-03-2017, 10:11
Looks very nice indeed. Now it must really be two weeks, be sure!

Thank you sokol for the explanation. I didnt know that it was caused by setting AI to Ace.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-03-2017, 14:46

The Blenheim had very low wingloading and was overall a light aircraft for a bomber.