PDA

View Full Version : 109 Pilots, a helping hand for those who choose it :)

Mysticpuma
Nov-04-2017, 17:34

:)

(Optional via aircraft choice)

farley
Nov-04-2017, 18:00

As one who flies red i feel i must say

Darn it..... :D

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-04-2017, 18:18
Only available for E-4/E-4B/E-4N.

BOO
Nov-04-2017, 18:51
Ah but we will have the Beau and nearly 6000 rounds of .303

Wont kill em with all that metal but it'll damn well deafen em as it pings off it!

IIJG27Rich
Nov-05-2017, 01:18
I better use it because I never see anyone anyway:)

Gromit
Nov-05-2017, 04:47

Wont kill em with all that metal but it'll damn well deafen em as it pings off it!

might as well put a brief case behind you if it's a beau firing, 20mm ap is going right through that!

BOO
Nov-05-2017, 04:51
The Doc recently posted on the Aussie Beaus had a great quote

I paraphrase

"I once met a bloke who claimed a Beau straffed him. I said "it couldnt have been a Beau...you're still here""

Gromit
Nov-05-2017, 04:57
No way I would install that, it wont stop anything fired from a deflection angle and leaves you blind behind, you have more chance of needing it if you install it lol!

BOO
Nov-05-2017, 06:30
No way I would install that, it wont stop anything fired from a deflection angle and leaves you blind behind, you have more chance of needing it if you install it lol!

Armour is fer sissys!!

Gromit
Nov-05-2017, 06:33
Armour is fer sissys!!

Like Spits and 109's then really :-P

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-05-2017, 06:37
Like Spits and 109's then really :-P

Soo wanna shoot you down in my moth now....

I might even learn to fly for this.... :D

ATAG_Scones
Nov-05-2017, 06:38

6000 rounds of ear piercing .303! :-)

Teetwo
Nov-05-2017, 08:13
Nice!

BOO
Nov-05-2017, 08:27
Soo wanna shoot you down in my moth now....

I might even learn to fly for this.... :D

are you prioritising this over art classes?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-05-2017, 14:09
This armour will not protect from 20mm rounds at normal firing ranges... none of the WWII pilot armour would stop a 20mm... or even a .50 cal.

It will stop .303's... at least for a while.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-05-2017, 14:22

Yeah, while you can still hear anything. I don't want to imagine the noise of 50 303's hitting a metal plate right behind your ears :)

Gromit
Nov-05-2017, 15:05
are you prioritising this over art classes?

A trip to Specsavers be more useful!

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-05-2017, 16:44
A trip to Specsavers be more useful!

You bitch!!

:D

ATAG_Scones
Nov-05-2017, 17:04
'Seas and Gromit are turning into Vincent van Gogh and Paul Gauguin. :D

'Seas, don't be cutting your ear off!

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-05-2017, 17:20
'Seas and Gromit are turning into Vincent van Gogh and Paul Gauguin. :D

'Seas, don't be cutting your ear off!

Have no fear... Not even to spite my face. :salute:

Hyperus
Nov-05-2017, 17:54
Will it be possible to take the upper part off? Like in BoS?

Maru
Nov-05-2017, 18:29

The only thing I got from this picture is that Spiritus is now playing Clod.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-05-2017, 18:30
Will it be possible to take the upper part off? Like in BoS?

No, its all the headrest or nothing.

dix
Nov-06-2017, 06:02
the E-4N is getting it, brilliant!:doh:

GERMANWOLF
Nov-06-2017, 14:18

(optional via aircraft choice)

very good !!!:)

VO101_Tom
Nov-06-2017, 14:55
the E-4N is getting it, brilliant!:doh:

E-4/IDDQD from now :devilish:

just kidding, since this headrest have extra weight, and it protect only the head, but nothing else, it had more value IRL than in CloD (you know, lack of refly options back then...).
But if the CloD pilots feel comfortable behind this 8mm plate, they can choose this (mission makers should include it). The difference of the new "_Late" version 109s is only this head armor plate (with extra weight).

DerDa
Nov-07-2017, 02:31
Extra weight affects the performance of any aircraft.
Unluckily in CloD all of us pilots have the same weight.

Would it be possible to add, let's say, 15kg for all blue pilots, because beer and bratwurst have so much more calories than tea and cookies?

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-07-2017, 03:21

Would it be possible to add, let's say, 15kg for all blue pilots, because beer and bratwurst have so much more calories than tea and cookies?

Good idea.

And minus 5kg for red due to all the hot air we are fed in the officers mess.

BOO
Nov-07-2017, 03:47
The pilot's make up bag flying around the cockpit of a spitfire in violent moves would be a nice touch...

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-07-2017, 05:52
The pilot's make up bag flying around the cockpit of a spitfire

That would lend a futher -2kg :

We use a diatomic hydrogen based brylcreem...

"For that extra lift and boost" (tm)

BOO
Nov-07-2017, 07:24
That would lend a futher -2kg :

We use a diatomic hydrogen based brylcreem...

"For that extra lift and boost" (tm)

only -2KG? are you sure?

I know the comfort blanket supplied as an introductory gift by the Rotol corporation don't weigh much but, man, that vanity mirror.........

ATAG_Vampire
Nov-07-2017, 08:25
You would have to add a little bit for a 'stiff upper lip' and heavily starched underpants. :D

o7 :salute:

BOO
Nov-07-2017, 08:34
I find the heaviest weight in my spitfire is the sure knowledge that Jeepy is going to take all my superior speed and firepower and turn my technically advanced airframe and engine into swiss cheese with his crappy G50!

That's gotta be a least a metric tonne.

VO101_Tom
Nov-07-2017, 10:14

Jaa, und they could pull more G because of their größer power? That would be not so gut, Ja? :D

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Nov-07-2017, 13:48
This armour will not protect from 20mm rounds at normal firing ranges... none of the WWII pilot armour would stop a 20mm... or even a .50 cal.

Will it stop flak and shrapnel? I don't know how the fragmentation in game works so if you have moment I'd like to know. Can armour piercing bullets go through first hit or is it hit points then it disappears from a DM point of view and then pilot hit points?

I had some ideas about pilot size. A bigger guy is stronger maybe has more hit points and can pull tighter. The downside would be he blacks out first. A small guy has a performance increase and can pull not as tight but can hold it longer as he can withstand G forces. I saw the performace in man size in gocarts. I had to ram my buddy a lot to win because I'm a big boy. He was faster so I rammed him, a lot. Having a little pilot variety might be too much work but could be neat to see how minor differences like that play out in combat.

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-07-2017, 13:54
Will it stop flak and shrapnel?

Assuming it has had two or more coats of anti-flak paint on it. Hell !.... why not?

EDIT:

Just joking with you !

It does look very very restrictive to the normally superb field of view from the 109.

I don't fly the 109 much... but I think that would be a huge thing to get used to.

VO101_Tom
Nov-07-2017, 19:00
I tested this headplate couple of times, checking the 6 is not so worse (with TrackIR, 6DOF). The only area which is quite limited is the 6o clock high.

@smokejumper. This is only a headrest plate. It was screwed to the canopy frame, everything below the pilot's shoulder is same vulnerable than any other 109 pilot. The AAA explosion much larger than a pilot's head, very unlikely you would notice any difference if you are in the explosion sphere. You will die anyway.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-07-2017, 19:25
109 pilots should enjoy their choice now... ;) ...with the 109E-7's and F models, there will be no choice to have the armour or not.

Re. size of the pilot and ability to withstand G Force:

According to a WWII pilot I know, (20 victories) ...smaller pilots withstood high G's better because their mass was more compact, shorter legs etc. so less distance to pump the blood and smaller volume of blood to pump. He was very short, 5' 6", and he said he could pull more G's without blackout than the larger pilots in his Squadron.

=vit_unit=
Nov-08-2017, 07:21
109 pilots should enjoy their choice now... ;) ...with the 109E-7's and F models, there will be no choice to have the armour or not.

Why is there no choice to have armour or not? Is it going to be with armour only? :recon:

deep
Nov-08-2017, 08:29

According to a WWII pilot I know, (20 victories) ...smaller pilots withstood high G's better because their mass was more compact, shorter legs etc. so less distance to pump the blood and smaller volume of blood to pump. He was very short, 5' 6", and he said he could pull more G's without blackout than the larger pilots in his Squadron.

Even more true with today's aircraft performance. I knew an F-18 pilot who said the same thing. He was quite short also.

VO101_Tom
Nov-08-2017, 09:09
Why is there no choice to have armour or not? Is it going to be with armour only? :recon:

No.
Currently we can't add this as selectable option, like the weapons. That need more coding (I can not speak in the name of coders, but very likely will solve for TF5.0. 109F and all Rüstsatze variations would be nightmare with the current method).
We can add as new aircraft type in the game menu. All "_Late" 109 only difference is this headrest plate.
The pilots have a choice, use the regular E/4... or use the E/4..._Late. (of course, mission makers should add the "_Late" versions to the airfield spawn point).

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Nov-08-2017, 09:43

Would pilot variety be something to add in future? Might be neat to have initial turn differences and holding the turn ability. Pilot hit point differences etc. It would probably end up all the fatties in bombers and little dudes in fighters. :P

Gromit
Nov-08-2017, 10:09
Reds can opt for the Douglas Bader option, with no legs he could pull more G's than anyone! :P

IIJG27Rich
Nov-08-2017, 10:20
Take more hits too

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-09-2017, 04:22
Why would you need to look behind you anyways? The gun sight is in the front of the cockpit! :shoot:

ATAG_Highseas
Nov-09-2017, 07:19
Would pilot variety be something to add in future? Might be neat to have initial turn differences and holding the turn ability. Pilot hit point differences etc. It would probably end up all the fatties in bombers and little dudes in fighters. :P

and everybody lying about their weight.

I only eat celery and I only drink water with upwards moving mega-lift (tm) bubbles. :)

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-09-2017, 19:28

This would give naked pilots an unfair advantage :D

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Nov-09-2017, 22:09
and everybody lying about their weight.

I only eat celery and I only drink water with upwards moving mega-lift (tm) bubbles. :)

If we're going to be honest I'd need to slide that bar up to just fits on cockpit size.

This would give naked pilots an unfair advantage :D

Actually loled! We going to get you back in the skies bud? I feel like I've not seen you up in a bit. Heavy has made a reappearance. It's weird to fight with him on blue but he did nuke me out of my Spit seat last week for old times sake.

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Nov-12-2017, 20:44
Actually loled! We going to get you back in the skies bud? I feel like I've not seen you up in a bit. Heavy has made a reappearance. It's weird to fight with him on blue but he did nuke me out of my Spit seat last week for old times sake.

As soon as this dag-gawn blitz edition comes out!

ATAG_Ribbs
Nov-22-2017, 12:22

Speaking of that..it would be neat if there would be a distinctive "ping" sound, as I'm sure there would have been if the plate stops a round behind the pilots head. Would be an eerie sound and let you know it's working..:thumbsup:

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Nov-23-2017, 12:45
I like that idea if it was possible.