PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Log Book

Screamadelica
Nov-18-2017, 03:56
A possible option for the future maybe.
I found that having a pilot logbook similar to the DCS or Desastersoft style makes the whole single player experience a bit more meaningful and immersive.
If you are trying to keep your pilot alive and survive as many missions as possible, it changes your flying style dramatically.
It would be great to be able to create a logbook within the main game that kept track of hours flown, combat results, etc as well as being able to give your pilot a more personal identity.
Just an idea.
Scream.

ATAG_Vampire
Nov-18-2017, 04:45
Found a hard copy RAF pilots logbook here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-RAF-Pilots-Logbook-King-Crown-Version-Exact-Copy-/322846716097

Looks just like the real thing. Not cheap though. :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

Mysticpuma
Nov-19-2017, 13:43
Have you clicked on "Extras" in the Main Menu and clicked "Statistics" ? Lots of info. there :)

Screamadelica
Nov-22-2017, 05:26
Thanks MP. :salute:
No lack of statistics in the game.
I guess what I'm talking about is the ability to create a personalised pilot's logbook. DCS does this rather well. As a single player it allows you to create your own character, and as your hours and sorties completed accumulate, you really would like to come back alive.
This can be enhanced with things like an old pilot and pet dog photo, you don't want Rover sitting all alone at the Mess door.....
The other advantage is that single missions all add to your logbook, so it helps link everything together.
It all adds to the immersion and you definitely fly with a different attitude if invulnerability is set to off.
Scream.

Baffin
Nov-25-2017, 07:00
Just use a real logbook. (Cheap or Free) -Quick link to the Airplane Owners & Pilots Association:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2012/december/18/logbook-apps :hpyflying:

FAE_Cazador
Nov-26-2017, 15:04
Have you clicked on "Extras" in the Main Menu and clicked "Statistics" ? Lots of info. there :)

Funny, my In-game Statistics Page shows me having flown Axis planes like Stuka, Bf-110, and others for more than 50 hours each. Planes that I've never flown (appart from just some minutes for testing), because I'm mostly a RAF pilot Off and online. I'm sure they'are screwed, so I can't trust on them. Is there a way of resetting these in-game Stats to 0?

EDIT: nobody use CloD at home but me, I'am pretty sure! :)