PDA

View Full Version : Manual?

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-26-2012, 14:26
Is there enough support here to try to create a more comprehensive manual for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover since no one else has really made a true one for this game?

My idea is to comprehensively cover each aircraft individually with the follow criteria:

-A historical overview of the aircraft and it's use
-Variants in Game
-Specs of aircraft in game
-Start up procedures
-Pre-Flight checklists (for things like course setters/ engine warmth/ suggested flaps etc.)
-Take off tips and such
-In flight guides (The auto pilots, gyro compasses, trim, etc)
-Weapon use (Bomb sites, gunner controls, gun sights, ammunition for the guns, etc.)
-Landing tips and such
-Engine shut off procedures for <rr and full stop procedures

That would be for aircraft and then a general purpose guide for flying aircraft and a basic guide of bombing tactics and fighter tactics and possibly something on the mission editor.

Aircraft Sign Up list (you have to be comprehensive in your covering it):

Red:
Spitfire:
Hurricane:
Blenheim:

Blue:
BF-109E:
BF-110C:
He-111H/P:
Ju-87B-2:
Ju-88A-1:
Br. 20:
G.50:

Basic overview of flying:
Fighter Tactics:
Bomber Tactics:
Mission Editor Guide (Please include something basic about triggers and scripting):

As a side note, I'll be writing any leftovers which will most likely be the Br. 20 and possibly the G. 50.

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-27-2012, 00:22
You mean like this?

You know as soon as I figure out how to DELETE a post I wont have two of them. :goofy

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-27-2012, 00:25

You mean like this? I do not believe it was ever finished so it might be a place to start ....

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-27-2012, 08:45
I'll check that out Chief but if I remember which one it is correctly, I found the format to be a little confusing and me not be completely up to date.

I looked at it and it was what I thought it was. I personally think it is possible to do better than that because it is slightly confusing and doesn't cover really everything that I'm wanting to cover.

Also, it doesn't have the two italian aircraft, Br. 20 and G. 50

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-27-2012, 11:32
Well good enough. Things always have room for improvement. Don't know what I can contribute on the tech side but I'm a fair hand with graphics so let me know if I can help. :thumbsup:

71st_AH_Eagle
Dec-27-2012, 17:08
Thanks Chief. Please also check your inbox.

MajorBorris
Jan-08-2013, 08:27
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?764-Ju-88-Tutorials

1lokos
Jan-13-2013, 16:28
The Russian guys started a good manual here, but like CLoD is unfinished (and outdated due patchs)...

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=73297

Sokol1