PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Technical Data readily available for modders.

Catseye
Dec-29-2012, 14:32
I recall reading in a post by Bliss that ATAG had a great interest in establishing the correct flight models for all aircraft in COD.

I just came across this link and although I'm pretty sure most modders have a source for inputting flight data I thought I would post this for the ATAG guys to have a look at.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/

I was quite taken aback by the differences in some of the SIM flight characteristics compared to the RL data. Some not even close.

Hope it is of help.

If I had the know-how, other than substituting figures utilizing Kegetys file, I'd love to dig into this area of the sim but alas, there are others with greater skills than I who can do a better job. (But I would surely like to be a closed beta tester if Bliss and the boys choose to go that route.) :)

Cheers

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-29-2012, 15:28
This is an excellent website, Cats; lots of data! I know IvanK did exhaustive research and is working closely with Colander & Co on fixing ALL the FM's.

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-29-2012, 18:53
VERY nice ...... thanks :thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-30-2012, 04:11
I recall reading in a post by Bliss that ATAG had a great interest in establishing the correct flight models for all aircraft in COD.

I just came across this link and although I'm pretty sure most modders have a source for inputting flight data I thought I would post this for the ATAG guys to have a look at.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/

I was quite taken aback by the differences in some of the SIM flight characteristics compared to the RL data. Some not even close.

Hope it is of help.

If I had the know-how, other than substituting figures utilizing Keygettys file, I'd love to dig into this area of the sim but alas, there are others with greater skills than I who can do a better job. (But I would surely like to be a closed beta tester if Bliss and the boys choose to go that route.) :)

Cheers

Hi Catseye,

Everything helps! :thumbsup:

There is quite a bit going on that I can't talk about but I have no doubt that everyone will enjoy historical FMs / Altitudes / etc., when the 1st patch is ready. We have assembled some very talented folks (minus me :D) and some stuff already happening is mind blowing on many fronts.

Here's a little bone to throw out for everyone. The clouds are 9500m to give you an idea.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1253&d=1356045783&thumb=1

I will try to throw out some cryptic allowable info from time to time in this part of the forums about the work these talented folks are doing. I can't really say more, other than this sim is far from dying, IMO it's really just gonna get started.

il_corleone
Dec-30-2012, 07:20
Good luck to all! bliss i cannot see the photo you post! i need to see it! ahahaha, good luck to the "copmany" and thanks for the info Catseye, lots of info, its useful for my as a ww2 plane adict! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-30-2012, 08:07
Good luck to all! bliss i cannot see the photo you post! i need to see it! ahahaha, good luck to the "copmany" and thanks for the info Catseye, lots of info, its useful for my as a ww2 plane adict! :thumbsup:

+1

I'm dying to see the photo too....I'm already salivating on my iPad!!!! (Ewwwww!)

Pavlov Snapper :D

Catseye
Dec-30-2012, 12:19
I will try to throw out some cryptic allowable info from time to time in this part of the forums about the work these talented folks are doing. I can't really say more, other than this sim is far from dying, IMO it's really just gonna get started.

This is so very encouraging!

Cheers

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-30-2012, 14:23
:geek: thanks please keep us informed , an 71st will be happy to test , keep up the great work , salute

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-30-2012, 15:07
Sorry gents, maybe it was this one:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1224&d=1355728938

Or maybe it was this one:

http://s017.radikal.ru/i438/1212/ce/ae2b383ccb63.jpg

Or maybe this one:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1253&d=1356045783

il_corleone
Dec-30-2012, 15:54
Mother...

of..

GOD....

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

but i can only see the middle one.... but its enough! KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING WORK!

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-30-2012, 17:02
I see only the middle photo, too, but I like it!!!

I double dog (:stunned:) dare Bliss to post this over in the new IL2 BOS Forum "just for general interest". :devilish:

Uh, just kidding. Really! :D

Tvrdi
Dec-30-2012, 17:17
Veery nice Bliss. Will you make a collision model for trees?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-30-2012, 17:48
Here you go. 1rst and 3rd images.

Let me remind you all that this is a very much work in progress and these screen shots are old so don't take the instrument readings for granted. They are there just to show some the new things we are working on.

And please! do not start asking us to "do this", "fix that" or "you should do this X way"

il_corleone
Dec-30-2012, 17:56
wwo! incredible!

Atag Colander dont worry, i think we dont care about the do this, fix this, x way, becose you are doing it perfect in every way so, Congrats to all, Hope to see new wip images every week or something, do you plan this guys? like a wip day at week or something? Salute!

Catseye
Dec-30-2012, 18:02
Let me remind you all that this is a very much work in progress and these screen shots are old so don't take the instrument readings for granted. They are there just to show some the new things we are working on.

Just saw this part of your post as I was really checking out the instruments on the Spit and my jaw hit my keyboard. :stunned:

So, now I've recovered and will wait for what develops.

Thanks.
Cats . . .

ATAG_Naz
Dec-30-2012, 18:08
WOW! I am gobsmacked!

Fantastic to see this, thanks for giving us a snippet of news and thanks very much for your work on this guys. Brought a huge smile to my face. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Naz (IIJG53_Opfer)

ATAG_Colander
Dec-30-2012, 18:32
And please! do not start asking us to "do this", "fix that" or "you should do this X way"

Atag Colander dont worry, i think we dont care about the do this, fix this, x way

uh?

Hope to see new wip images every week or something, do you plan this guys? like a wip day at week or something? Salute!

Again...

ATAG_Bliss
Dec-30-2012, 19:23
But I would surely like to be a closed beta tester if Bliss and the boys choose to go that route. :)

Cheers

Hi Catsye,

If you're serious about helping test please get a hold of Ivank or Buzzsaw via PM. It's very long hours, boring, and the pay sucks :D

Gorgon14
Dec-30-2012, 19:32
Fuck me runnin' that's some great stuff!:thumbsup:

Ctrl e
Dec-30-2012, 19:35
Fantastic work guys.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-30-2012, 20:05
Hi Catsye,

If you're serious about helping test please get a hold of Ivank or Buzzsaw via PM. It's very long hours, boring, and the pay sucks :D

hmmm very nice an bliss all 71st will help test or what ever ya need m8

wuffman
Dec-30-2012, 22:15
hmmm very nice an bliss all 71st will help test or what ever ya need m8

I second that motion

il_corleone
Dec-31-2012, 07:02
Sorry to that colander, nevermind, you are doing very good job! thanks!

XE9O
Dec-31-2012, 09:09
~S~ The 71st is excited and will help if needed

XE90

Ohms
Dec-31-2012, 17:39
Thx for keeping the dream alive(yes i am a lonely middle aged married man, the only thing I have left are dreams)

Salute Ohmie:)

Marco
Jan-01-2013, 12:58
My first post on this forum. I am a person of few words, but Holy Sh*t Guys - those pics are incredible!! :stunned:

Keep up the excellent work and Happy New Year to all - looks like it could be a good 'un! :)

~S~

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-01-2013, 17:30
Hey guys. If you want to help with the FM testing get ahold of Ivank or Buzzsaw. They are running the show on that end of things.

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-02-2013, 21:23
:stunned: Sweet baby Jesus!! Long live CLOD!!....Or BOM..what ever you want to call it is fine with me!! haha S!

71st_AH_Eagle
Jan-06-2013, 10:33
May I post these to the IL-2 BoS forums and start a discussion about it? Also, I think the sequal will start okay at first but it will grow and may end up being the true sequel to the old IL-2 while I personally believe the IL-2 CloD engine is a generation ahead but is too advance for it's own good.

Hopefully we can add back old features of this game that existed.

S!

Eagle

TheVino3
Jan-06-2013, 19:31
May I post these to the IL-2 BoS forums and start a discussion about it?

Your funeral :salute:

ATAG_Colander
Jan-06-2013, 19:37
May I post these to the IL-2 BoS forums and start a discussion about it? Also, I think the sequal will start okay at first but it will grow and may end up being the true sequel to the old IL-2 while I personally believe the IL-2 CloD engine is a generation ahead but is too advance for it's own good.

S!

Eagle

Eagle,

Please leave the other forum for the other game and this forum for this mod.

Colander.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-06-2013, 20:16

S!

Eagle

We are not competing with BoS, we are simply improving CoD.

We have no interest in provoking an controversy or causing anyone to 'take sides'. This is not about which Simulation is 'better'. This is not a competition.

We hope BoS has every success and is a wonderful sim when it is published in approx. 2 years(?), in the meantime we are just doing what we can to provide a more enjoyable experience in CoD.

No one in this forum should be comparing or criticizing BoS to CoD, there is no point in doing so, in fact it is counterproductive to our efforts here.

BoS is a different Simulation, which deals with an entirely different historical experience, the East Front in 1942, and will no doubt do a superb job of presenting that experience and those aircraft.

We are focused on this Sim, which just happens to be about the experience in the air during 1940's Battle of Britain. Quite a different subject.

End of story.

71st_AH_Eagle
Jan-06-2013, 22:54
Eagle,

Please leave the other forum for the other game and this forum for this mod.

Colander.

Will do such.

S!

Eagle