PDA

View Full Version : Why No MKIIB????

Knight
Dec-05-2017, 05:55
Hurricane MKIIB flew in the latter part of November 1940, the Mark II Series 2 was given additional firepower by the inclusion of 12 .303 machine guns mounted in the wings. This version was known as the Hurricane IIB.

Now if the modeling is not done I can understand, but I love to fly the Hurricane more then the spit and the firepower and second stage engine would be nice to get an edge back to RAF other then the MKIIB spit.

The one thing that I have always had an issue with was the firepower of axis single-engine fighter is by far better. I do like the damage model and am encouraged that guys will not be able to fly vented forever, even on the allied side of things.

However back on point as this sim grows into north Africa it would be nice the see the MKIIB also flying over England prior to the 5.0 patch.

Thanks for your consideration.

Vlerkies
Dec-05-2017, 06:02
See list in TF5.0 post

Here is the list of flyable aircraft for TF 5.0... please note these are goals... not guarantees.
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25345&p=269552&viewfull=1#post269552

Gromit
Dec-05-2017, 08:45
Knight I believe the 12 gun fitment was on series II production, That started in Oct 1940 but when deliveries to Squadrons started I'm not sure but it may well be it was in frontline use from early 1941.

DerDa
Dec-05-2017, 09:07
There were a lot of fascinating planes in 1940 that I would dearly love to fly.
But there is only so much a bunch of unpaid enthousiasts can do in their spare time.

Just be patient ... and maybe a bit thankful.

BOO
Dec-05-2017, 09:50
November is outside of the period that the Clod planeset is centred around - July-Sept 1940.

ATAG_Flare
Dec-05-2017, 10:12
November is outside of the period that the Clod planeset is centred around - July-Sept 1940.

Well then the G. 50 and BR. 20 are outside that time period as well. They only flew over England starting in October.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-05-2017, 10:19
Well then the G. 50 and BR. 20 are outside that time period as well. They only flew over England starting in October.

Good point. They will be removed then.

Mysticpuma
Dec-05-2017, 10:26
TFS have not only fixed dozens (if not hundreds) of bugs, adds new features and effects as well as new flyable aircraft, for free, even though we weren't obliged to, for v4.5

V5.0, our first paid for add on will have the IIB and multiple new aircraft, if the community want to thank TFS for sticking with this project through many years and many hours of their own free time being invested, then please grab v5.0 when it is released and enjoy flying the IIB and IIC (and maybe a few other surprises). I know the team will appreciate your support and thanks :)

Cheers, MP

Gromit
Dec-05-2017, 10:26

:doh:

1lokos
Dec-05-2017, 10:36
Well then the G. 50 and BR. 20 are outside that time period as well. They only flew over England starting in October.a

Good idea, they are much "broken" and irrelevant in B of B history. :D

BOO
Dec-05-2017, 10:41

but they were used in the fall of France and were presumably included in the original game as a sub set for this along with the 87 oct and DH propped RAF types. And I was of course talking about the hurri II as new content not existing stuff.

All that said "Blitz Edition" doesn't exactly give the impression its about the BoB period I guess.

PhoenixCNE
Dec-05-2017, 12:19
The blitz ended in may of 41 no? Why must cliffs of dover always be stuck in BoB? In short Blitz edition should not just be about BoB imo.

*I didn't mean anything by this other than why nitpick if something isn't exactly in a specified time frame? all should be happy the game is expanding period

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-05-2017, 13:00
At this point we are taking the aircraft up to the end of October... and we are only using those aircraft which were present in substantial numbers.

TF 4.5 is a free update... we are not charging for it, we have included quite a number of new flyable types, but at the same time we are not prepared to hand over unlimited numbers of new types all without any charge. The creation of a new type requires many hundreds of hours of work from many different people.

stuey
Dec-05-2017, 13:05
Hurricane MKIIB flew in the latter part of November 1940, the Mark II Series 2 was given additional firepower by the inclusion of 12 .303 machine guns mounted in the wings. This version was known as the Hurricane IIB.

Now if the modeling is not done I can understand, but I love to fly the Hurricane more then the spit and the firepower and second stage engine would be nice to get an edge back to RAF other then the MKIIB spit.

The one thing that I have always had an issue with was the firepower of axis single-engine fighter is by far better. I do like the damage model and am encouraged that guys will not be able to fly vented forever, even on the allied side of things.

However back on point as this sim grows into north Africa it would be nice the see the MKIIB also flying over England prior to the 5.0 patch.

Thanks for your consideration.

the mk11b wasnt out till the beginning of 1941 the mk11a series1 was out in oct and the mk11a/2 came out at the end of 1940 which did have 12 guns but not many and also mostly 8 guns

Blackc5
Dec-05-2017, 13:37
At this point we are taking the aircraft up to the end of October... and we are only using those aircraft which were present in substantial numbers.

TF 4.5 is a free update... we are not charging for it, we have included quite a number of new flyable types, but at the same time we are not prepared to hand over unlimited numbers of new types all without any charge. The creation of a new type requires many hundreds of hours of work from many different people.

thank you TFS and I will buy 5.0 as soon as it hits the street, has pricing been decided on? I would not mind paying in advance if it will help?

Mysticpuma
Dec-05-2017, 13:40
Need to get v4.5 out very, very soon then we will take some time out, regroup and hit the ground running. Once we have details of pricing the community will know, trust us on that, cheers, MP

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Dec-05-2017, 16:14
Channel a/c DLC! Take my money!!! :)

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Dec-05-2017, 17:31

Thanks!

Can you delete the map as well, I get tired of crashing into the ground

:goofy

Continu0
Dec-06-2017, 01:45
Need to get v4.5 out very, very soon then we will take some time out, regroup and hit the ground running. Once we have details of pricing the community will know, trust us on that, cheers, MP

If somehow possible, let people who can and want to pay more than the normal price for a game, pay more. be it trough scarfs for pilots.... ;-)

Knight
Dec-07-2017, 18:19
Sorry not worth it have a good one!!!!

=FI=Murph
Dec-07-2017, 19:04
Well I was going to warn you not to let the door hit you in the ass, but I think that would actually be rather amusing.Byeee.

Werwolf
Dec-08-2017, 20:21
Committed to buy 5.0. If we don't support ourselves, who?

=FI=Murph
Dec-10-2017, 03:40
I don't understand, Werewolf. Somebody comes along demanding a plane type that was never promised for this patch. Creating a new plane costs skill, time, and money from a team of people that still have no prospect of being paid for their work until the release of the NEXT complete game some time in future and after much, much, more additional work.
He then rather petulantly announces that all this is just not worth his precious attention (he must be someone very important) and that the is taking his toys and going home.
I'm not part of the development team, just another enthusiastic player who's gotten many hours of fun out of all this. What's my motivation to be nice to this jerk?

BOO
Dec-10-2017, 04:00
What's my motivation to be nice to this jerk?

Because you're a good man and he's probably a guy you could have a beer with in real life :)

S!

BOO

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-10-2017, 04:38
Don't mind if I do.

I'll have another two of these... And some pork scratchings.

Who's round is it again?

Gromit
Dec-10-2017, 06:35
I doesn't matter what's in the patch, the server will be full for a few weeks whilst players come in with expectations, when they are not met they will whine and bitch and leave again, in six months time the population on the servers will decide how successful the patch is!

But the forums going to be a right old laugh with all the foot stamping children crying about why they can't get 5 kills per sortie, it won't be their lack of skill of course!

=FI=Murph
Dec-10-2017, 12:48
I just want to know why I won't be getting my jetpack powered grizzly bears with laser pulse guns! Everyone knows there is a cocktail napkin somewhere with a drawing of the prototype, circa 1940.

BOO
Dec-10-2017, 16:27
I just want to know why I won't be getting my jetpack powered grizzly bears with laser pulse guns! Everyone knows there is a cocktail napkin somewhere with a drawing of the prototype, circa 1940.

because TFS have given priority to my monkey gunners in propeller hats (I think the propeller hats were Ribb's idea or maybe Highseas's - true collaborative community based development)

and look.... I know we cant have everything. The robot ASR sharks wont be till 5.0.

.............I know..........5.0!!

HurricaneHarvest
Dec-11-2017, 03:05
because TFS have given priority to my monkey gunners in propeller hats (I think the propeller hats were Ribb's idea or maybe Highseas's - true collaborative community based development)

... that sounds like a defiant !! WOO-HOO! :thumbsup:

Btw, the Boulton Paul P94, 12 x 303 mg fighter was offered in 1940

ATAG_Ribbs
Dec-11-2017, 12:57

Give Seas a few minutes im sure he can whip up a prototype sketch in his prefered medium..

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-11-2017, 16:28
Give Seas a few minutes im sure he can whip up a prototype sketch in his prefered medium..

Like this you mean?

ATAG_Ribbs
Dec-12-2017, 11:06
Do I need to say more

ATAG_Ribbs
Dec-12-2017, 11:10
Hey Seas I think you slightly misunderstood he was talking about the jetpack model grizzly bears that came out early 1940 not the rocket powered grizzly bears that came out in late June of 1941

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-12-2017, 11:39
Hey Seas I think you slightly misunderstood he was talking about the jetpack model grizzly bears that came out early 1940 not the rocket powered grizzly bears that came out in late June of 1941

I was doing a post-modern / pre-past twist on the theme... jet packs as such are soooo 1999 dont you agree?

another voluvon Ribbs?

gotta love an art show eh?

erm.. I mean exhibition.

ATAG_Ribbs
Dec-12-2017, 13:37
Of course Seas..I see it now.. It's like Everytime I look at it I see something new in the details. Blending the early 3 toed version of pre 1940 G-bear..with the post 1941 photon dual clip pulse pistol developed by the SS flying circus. Not really sure how I missed it before....

=FI=Murph
Dec-12-2017, 17:57
I think it was a field modification. That throws a lot of people off.

Knight
Dec-13-2017, 06:44
Interesting I am Judged by someone who does not even know me. The request I made for a progression of the hurricane to stay in line with fighting off blue. If one takes in any historical account it was back and forth in development. The Hurricane that does fit would be the MKIIA but again it would help the allieds and in this game dictator and yes Gromit you are right we will fly what ever they give us. The sad thing is stop using the FREE bullshite because most of us diehard players would have paid at least 50 for this fix and the few gifts given What I am a little upset about is you are putting bombs on a MKI which did not occur until the MKIIB which I was looking forward to getting because the 12 303 would have been nice to be able to damage a 109 to the point I can engage the second. This ability has been nothing but BLUE for ages. I would have taken a merlin XX engine and gotten a boost at alt and suffered with 8 303's. Again I do not know nor have I flown with most posting except maybe Gromit andhave enjoyed his company on coms. The issue is with a dictator brewing and people leaving the team because it is no longer TEAM. Anyway the thing that is bothering me is in the single seat fighter catagory the brits are still stuck in limbo when the Hurricane MKIIA would have been nice also a MKIIB Spit. to wait another 5 to 6 years before getting another hurricane to fly is just Bollocks! Also you are putting to of my favorite planes together MKIIB and MKIIC the sad thing is I will perfer the MKIIC until they nuter the 20mm when the other side complains LOL! Anyway to see another single seat fighter with ONE Engine would have been nice. Anyway from the DICTATOR YOU WILL FLY WHAT WE GIVE YOU!!!!! So cheers Gomit and heres to another 5 years before we see an upgrade in a HURRICANE!!!!!!

ATAG_Colander
Dec-13-2017, 09:32
Just like pilots back then, we will all fly what is available to fly.

=FI=Murph
Dec-13-2017, 10:46
So, go design your own game. You'll show us. This is entertainment software, it is not about you. Lighten up a little.

=FI=Murph
Dec-13-2017, 17:44
No kidding, I'm ready to let this go.

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-13-2017, 18:09
Ok ok.. I will pull the cracker with you.

More sprouts anyone?

Knight
Dec-13-2017, 18:45
Again MURPH I do not know you and yes I have designed a Hurricanes from the ground up to fly in the CFS 3 Game and had hoped in the Mediterranean Air War created for that game. I also have done my research on the plane. As for Colander, Sir yes I will probably stay with 4.312 Classic, because from what the word is 4.5 has not really had any real testing. So basically your releasing a buggier game the Vanilla. Now I will load both AND I WOULD HAVE PAID FOR 4.5, so money if you would realize has never been the issue so stop using its FREE!! Sad thing if it is buggy no one will fly rubber banding planes. Last Do not rush it and if it needs more work I will wait till next year , but consider a MKIIA which was historical.

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-13-2017, 19:00
Man.

Listen to yourself.

And then maybe put a sock in it.

ATAG_Deacon
Dec-13-2017, 19:01
and yes I have designed a Hurricanes from the ground up to fly in the CFS 3 Game and had hoped in the Mediterranean Air War created for that game.

Well then why not add your skills to Team Fusion and build what you're asking for?

Problem solved...

Edited for grammar.

ATAG_Snapper
Dec-13-2017, 19:17
Figured I’d better end this discussion before it goes downhill....

:salute: