PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz is now public and available on Steam :)

Mysticpuma
Dec-14-2017, 13:33
IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz is now public :)

+++++PLEASE RENAME YOUR CURRENT IL2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER FOLDER INSIDE THE 1CSOFTCLUB FOLDER BEFORE DOWNLOADING+++++

We would like to begin this announcement by saluting 1C Games for their willingness to trust Team Fusion with the valuable commodity which is the "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" Source Code.

Thank you Nikolay Baryshnikov and Jason Williams.
Our second vote of thanks must go to the CLIFFS OF DOVER community... without your loyal support and enthusiasm Team Fusion would not be in the position we are in today, with the opportunity to have fun with our favourite game and hobby.
We hope "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover - Blitz" will meet the communities expectations... it is not a full game... only a patch, with a few new aircraft and features, but if the reception is positive, it will lay the groundwork for Releases which will be a lot more substantial and exciting. And it will be the solid foundation for further development of this game engine.

The process which has led up to this Release has been more difficult and challenging than expected. Although we now do have access to the Source Code, we lack the guidebooks and technical manuals of the original development team, lost in the years after the project was originally shut down. Progress still requires a lot of testing and educated guesswork. :) The good news? The creation of TF 4.5 was a huge learning experience and with that experience and the new found knowledge, we will progress more quickly towards the completion of TF 5.0.

I would also like to personally thank each and every member of Team Fusion for their contributions. I am proud to be a member of this team. You can find the TF member names in the Game's credits.

Mike "RAF74_Buzzsaw"

Readme for v4.5

README -LITE-
IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover - BLITZ
Additions and changes to original game.

Additional new Aircraft

Flyable:

Bf-109E-1B (early Fighter-Bomber)
Bf-109E-4N (DB601N engine and 100 octane fuel)
Bf-109E-4/E-4B and E-4N versions with added armor for fuel tank and pilot
Bf-110C-2
Bf-110C-4_Late
Bf-110C-4B (early Fighter-Bomber)
Bf-110C-4N (DB601P engines with 100 octane fuel)
Bf-110C-4NJG (Nightfighter)
Bf-110C-6 (heavy 30mm Cannon armed version)
BlenheimMkIV_Late (twin gun rear turret and extra bombload)
BlenheimMkIVF (heavy Day-Fighter)
BlenheimMkIVF_Late (twin gun rear turret and extra bombload)
BlenheimMkIVNF (Nightfighter)
BlenheimMkIVNF_Late (twin gun rear turret and extra bombload)
Spitfire Mk-I-100 octane
Hurricane DH-520-100 octane
HurricaneMkI-NF (Night-fighter)
Hurricane MkI-FB (Fighter-Bomber)
Beaufighter Mk IF
Beaufighter Mk INF (Night-fighter)
DH-82A-1 (Field Mod armed Tiger Moth)
DH-82A-2 (Czechoslovakian armed Tiger Moth)
DH-82A (Battle of Britain Tiger Moth version with bomb carrying capacity)

Non-flyable:

Sunderland added bomb capacity
BlenheimMkIF (heavy Day-Fighter)
BlenheimMkINF (Night-fighter)

Maps

- New Autumn and Winter Maps
- New Textures, trees, hedges, runways and terrain for all maps
- Perspective from altitude corrected to provide accurate views of rivers and terrain
- Additional historical landmarks
- Additional spline road types & more cow types for Full Mission Builder
- Elimination of original map bugs including:
- "Swimming Pools" in France
- Non- historical golf courses changed to farming.
- Dull water off Querqueville, dry rivers at Le Havre, Bradwell, and Barneville
- Airfield 'holes' at Hawkinge, Melville, Coquelles, Westhampnett, and Lympne flattened
- Added missing hangers to various French Airdromes

Codework

- Game upgraded to 64 bits and DX11
- Tree collisions enabled
- Distant Clouds enabled, 'Popup' effects reduced
- Contrails enabled
- Target dot view through cloud bug eliminated
- Game controllers naming change to address the Windows 10 re-ordering issue
- Rendering optimizations to increase FPS
- Reduced crash generating bugs.

Sound

- Updated existing aircraft engine sounds to historically accurate sound SFX
- Added Hercules engine SFX
- Added DB601N engine SFX
- Updated MG and cannon SFX including new Hispano and Mk-101
- Updated Explosion and hit SFX
- Added new flak sounds
- Added new day/night environmental ambience

Ships

- New Corvette, Tanker and Hospital ship types
- More accurate ship damage modeling

Aircraft Visibility

- Close and Distant aircraft visibility improved to provide more realistic combat environment
- Elimination of the 'Disappearing Aircraft' bug

Reflections

- Added reflections from the sky and clouds to all aircraft surfaces
- Added reflections to canopy glass surfaces.
- Lowered the whitening effect from sun reflections in the propeller.
- Increased reflectiveness for distant glass surfaces to improve spotting

Cockpit Graphics

- Countless historically accurate improvements and additions to aircraft cockpit graphics

Blackout Effects

Hi-G Blackout effects revised to reflect actual pilot experience
Aircraft Skins

- New historically accurate skins for all aircraft types

Visual Effects

- Updated smoke/explosion particle effects
- Updated weapon particle effects
- Updated engine/vehicle particle effects
- Updated environmental particle effects

Flight Modeling and Aerodynamics

- All aircraft types have historically more accurate aerodynamics including:

- Aerofoil characteristics corrected to historical
- More accurate aircraft dimensions and control surface operation
- Lift, Drag and Stall behavior improved
- Hi-speed Compressibility effects on maneuver introduced

Engine and Overheat modeling

- Engine physics revised to give accurate horsepower generation throughout the altitude range
- Overheat and engine wear provide full range of engine damage from player mis-use

Weapons Modeling

- All weapons types checked for accuracy and historical effectiveness
- AI gunner bugs eliminated

Damage Modeling

- Comprehensive damage revision of all aircraft types to reflect their construction and to provide more realistic combat results
- Maximum Aircraft G loading introduced

AI Aircraft Behaviour

- All AI aircraft types Flight/Damage and Engine modeling upgraded to Flyable standards
- AI Landing and Takeoff bugs eliminated

Player controlled Vehicles and AAA Artillery

- Many Vehicles and Artillery now can be player controlled

Game loading Screens

- New Hi definition game loading screens

Printable Extras

- Air Force bases of CLIFFS OF DOVER - detailed maps of the battle area
- Working German World War 2 mechanical flight computer, the Dreieckrechner DR-3

Please see the new Beginner's Guide at the 1C forums for instructions on installation and tips to get flying faster.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32997-beginners-guide-il2-sturmovik-cliffs-dover-blitz-faq/

DRock
Dec-14-2017, 13:40
Wow, I thought we'd get a two week warning, but I'll take it.lol

Thanks to Team Fusion members. You guys have already done an amazing thing with this sim.

Also, thanks to 1C Company and ATAG for helping Team Fusion.

Cheers.:thumbsup:

Lorena
Dec-14-2017, 13:45
thanks for all the hard work and effort to make this happen!

ATAG_Lolsav
Dec-14-2017, 13:48
This is how it appears on Steam

https://s7.postimg.org/9oynog4kb/Blitz.jpg

Best of luck on installation lads. Have fun!

Baza
Dec-14-2017, 13:57
Mine is downloading as we speak. But I can see a new icon has arrived on my desktop. So which one do I use, the original IL2 CLoD, or the new Blitz?

It looks as though it's a new game, even though it claims to be a patch in the install instructions. If so, does that mean we need both versions to remain installed?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-14-2017, 13:58
Mine is downloading as we speak. But I can see a new icon has arrived on my desktop. So which one do I use, the original IL2 CLoD, or the new Blitz?

It looks as though it's a new game, even though it claims to be a patch in the install instructions. If so, does that mean we need both versions to remain installed?

New Blitz.

BlueBirdX
Dec-14-2017, 13:59
I can't download / install it
Help, please.

dragon9
Dec-14-2017, 14:02
Thanks for all your efforts TFS. Keeping the sim alive and well. Looking forward to 5.0 so we can pay you for your hard work.
Once again SALUTE! :salute:

:thumbsup:

cheers
dragon9

dragon9
Dec-14-2017, 14:10
I can't download / install it
Help, please.

Find game in library
IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz then double click and hit install. Or right click install.

ATAG_Freya
Dec-14-2017, 14:12
+++++PLEASE RENAME YOUR CURRENT IL2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER FOLDER INSIDE THE 1CSOFTCLUB FOLDER BEFORE DOWNLOADING+++++

Remember to do some reading before you get trigger happy!

Thanks TFS!

~S~

BP_Lizard
Dec-14-2017, 14:51
Downloading it right now. I renamed the 1CSOFTCLUB folder as instructed. Also, it created a new game folder named IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz. Is this correct? Thanks.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-14-2017, 14:55
Downloading it right now. I renamed the 1CSOFTCLUB folder as instructed. Also, it created a new game folder named IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz. Is this correct? Thanks.

You don't need to create the new game folder, installer will do it.

SamJoDo
Dec-14-2017, 14:59
Great job and MANY thanks to ALL involved!!

LuseKofte
Dec-14-2017, 15:17
Thank you for this, I am very grateful. I hope to enjoy many hours with COD now.
Will the Wellington come with version 5.0? I must have misunderstood, I am not complaining, just wondering.

ATAG_Ribbs
Dec-14-2017, 15:30
The Wellington is scheduled for 5.0.. yes

BP_Lizard
Dec-14-2017, 15:45
Mine wouldn't launch and just crashes.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-14-2017, 16:20

What are your system specs?

And are you running any programs under CoD?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 16:22

System requirements:
1.- 64 bits Windows
2.- DirectX 11 compatible system and video card.

So, 32 bits system or DX10 only card = crash at startup.

Remon
Dec-14-2017, 16:25
System requirements:
1.- 64 bits Windows
2.- DirectX 11 compatible system and video card.

So, 32 bits system or DX10 only card = crash at startup.

Windows 10 64 and RX 580 here and it still crashes on launch.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 16:27
Windows 10 64 and RX 580 here and it still crashes on launch.

Ok, need more information. Let's start with the simple one:
What is the full crash message?

Remon
Dec-14-2017, 16:33
"Launcher has stopped working"

Nothing else. Is there a crash log somewhere?

BP_Lizard
Dec-14-2017, 16:41
Mine is :
"Launcher has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

System specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

And thanks for the assistance.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 16:54
Mine is :
"Launcher has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Please click on the "details" button of the error and let us know the full message. It could be something as simple as permissions on a folder (try running it as admin)

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 16:54
"Launcher has stopped working"

Nothing else. Is there a crash log somewhere?

Please click on the "details" button of the error and let us know the full message. It could be something as simple as permissions on a folder (try running it as admin)

BP_Lizard
Dec-14-2017, 17:01
No details, unfortunately. Just the typical Windows dead end. :D

https://i.imgur.com/caSJIGk.jpg?1

Remon
Dec-14-2017, 17:02

No details button, and tried already running it as admin. Nothing.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 17:08
No details, unfortunately. Just the typical Windows dead end. :D

Typical.

Ok, those errors are also stored in the windows events database. You can look at them through the event viewer. How to open:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766401(v=ws.11).aspx

Once open, select "application" on the left and look for errors on the right. Something like this:

The error bellow will have the information I was asking for.

The game does have a log that can be enabled by editing the .ini file on the "my documents\clifs..." folder, searching for "LOG=0" and changing it to "LOG=1".
This will enable the logging for the game but there is no guarantee that the game will have time to write anything to the log before the crash happened. This is why I ask for the full error first.

Edit: I should put this and other posts on a sticky so I don't have to write the same thing 10 times :D

ATAG_EvangelusE
Dec-14-2017, 17:16
There are two folders in the 1csoftclub folder one being the MOD folder. I take it both can be renamed to preserve the original install?

Also, not sure from what I have read if pasting my original controls Ini copy will work or do I need to reassign all HOTAS assignments?

Thanks for all the hard work.

BP_Lizard
Dec-14-2017, 17:19
Ah. Thank you, thank you. Here it is:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 12/14/2017 2:03:36 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
Faulting application name: Launcher64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59c99be6
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f775f
Faulting process id: 0x500
Faulting application start time: 0x01d375275eb62c5b
Faulting application path: E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 61cf597a-8388-4c13-aa20-ac0dee9b3c06
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-12-14T22:03:36.853286200Z" />
<EventRecordID>7777</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-4E7UA34</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Launcher64.exe</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>59c99be6</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>10.0.15063.608</Data>
<Data>8274fd8b</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>00000000000f775f</Data>
<Data>500</Data>
<Data>01d375275eb62c5b</Data>
<Data>E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>61cf597a-8388-4c13-aa20-ac0dee9b3c06</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 17:19
There are two folders in the 1csoftclub folder one being the MOD folder. I take it both can be renamed to preserve the original install?

Also, not sure from what I have read if pasting my original controls Ini copy will work or do I need to reassign all HOTAS assignments?

Thanks for all the hard work.

Blitz uses the non-MOD folder so you can leave your "-MOD" folder alone.
The joystick naming has been changed to help with the W10 reordering issue so you will have to remap your controls.

hemorad
Dec-14-2017, 17:24

I downloaded before I got the message to rename 1SOFTCLUB folder--it downloaded without a problem. Does it matter what you rename 1SOFTCLUB folder? Do I need to rename the folder and re-install Blitz?
It does not appear to have any control settings holding over from my earlier COD installation--it that expected?
After setting up the Blitz version, can the old version be deleted?

Thanks,

Hemo

Edit: I see someone else answered the question about remapping. Looks like I have some work to do.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 17:26
I downloaded before I got the message to rename 1SOFTCLUB folder--it downloaded without a problem. Does it matter what you rename 1SOFTCLUB folder? Do I need to rename the folder and re-install Blitz?
It does not appear to have any control settings holding over from my earlier COD installation--it that expected?
After setting up the Blitz version, can the old version be deleted?

Thanks,

Hemo

You can rename the folder to whatever name you want. The idea is to make the game re-create it and it's contents.
The controls are not compatible as the naming changed.
YEs the old version can be uninstalled if you don't want to play it anymore.

IIJG27Rich
Dec-14-2017, 17:46
Looks great but not seeing my Logitech extreme 3d pro stick...other wise everything is tackatyboo :thumbsup:Windows 7

ATAG_Dave
Dec-14-2017, 18:20

I only have one folder in the 1csoftclub folder, its the -MOD one

does that mean i should rename it or just leave it as is and install the new patch? (it is the 'il2-blah de blah' folder within the 1csoftclub folder we need to rename ? not the 1csoftclub folder itself??)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-14-2017, 18:25
I only have one folder in the 1csoftclub folder, its the -MOD one

does that mean i should rename it or just leave it as is and install the new patch? (it is the 'il2-blah de blah' folder within the 1csoftclub folder we need to rename ? not the 1csoftclub folder itself??)

Hello Dave

You can just leave the -Mod folder and the game will create a new folder in 1C SoftClub. Later you can copy and paste things if you want.

ATAG_Dave
Dec-14-2017, 18:30
Hello Dave

You can just leave the -Mod folder and the game will create a new folder in 1C SoftClub. Later you can copy and paste things if you want.

Thanks Buzzsaw - and thanks for all your and the rest of TFS hard work, cant believe you guys did all that in two weeks ;)

S!

IIJG27Rich
Dec-14-2017, 18:30
Hmm I uninstalled everything maybe that's why it won't see my joystick:recon:

Blitzen
Dec-14-2017, 19:09
Which folder holds my keystrokes so I can import them into Blitz? What other things should I be transferring from my old Mod install before deleting it?
It has taken a long time but its here & am I thankful- a check will be in the mail!:thumbsup:

Woop
Dec-14-2017, 19:14
Anyone got InjectFX working?

Artist
Dec-14-2017, 19:21
Hi Blitzen,

Which folder holds my keystrokes so I can import them into Blitz? What other things should I be transferring from my old Mod install before deleting it?
You have to re-setup your keystrokes for blitz anew. Sorry for that, but there was no other possibility. Whatever missions, dashboard pics, or skins you've created (and are stored in Documents/1C SoftClub/il2 cliffs of dover - MOD) you can copy.

IIJG27Rich
Dec-14-2017, 19:26
Right..I have to click on the "change" button Willby!

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 19:33
Ha! is that an MG in the back?

whurst1
Dec-14-2017, 19:46
I installed Blitz early and did not hear about the renaming of 1C Softclub file, "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover". Will this effect anything? It seems to run fine. Also, in task manager it is only showing 32 bit. Do I need to do something to make it run 64? My os is 64 bit win10 home. Thanks in advance for any help and to TF for the wonderful update.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-14-2017, 19:48
I installed Blitz early and did not hear about the renaming of 1C Softclub file, "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover". Will this effect anything? It seems to run fine. Also, in task manager it is only showing 32 bit. Do I need to do something to make it run 64? My os is 64 bit win10 home. Thanks in advance for any help and to TF for the wonderful update.

Regarding removing the folder, not necesarily will cause an issue but it could and at a minimum you will not hear the new background music.

Regarding the 32 bits, seems like you are not running blitz. You should be running "Launcher64" and not "Launcher".
If you see "Launcher" running, you are running the old game.

IIJG27Rich
Dec-14-2017, 20:40
Ha! is that an MG in the back?

Hey maybe...Colander with an old guy like me you play this game for years and years and you don't make any changes to it you tend to forget what makes it tick I went in to set up my stick again and it took me about two hours to figure it out...Thus "The Absent Minded Professor" pic.:doh: Going to the pub for a beer:salute:

=vit_unit=
Dec-14-2017, 22:34
I’ve heard people have problems with free track or such devices. With TrackIR everything is good. But analog devices don’t see the game. Any solution?

IIJG27Rich
Dec-14-2017, 22:52
only one problem left..Custom skins don't seem to work

ToReRo
Dec-14-2017, 23:17
Thanks Buzzsaw - and thanks for all your and the rest of TFS hard work, cant believe you guys did all that in two weeks :-)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-14-2017, 23:18
I’ve heard people have problems with free track or such devices. With TrackIR everything is good. But analog devices don’t see the game. Any solution?

Solution is to install 64 bit version this software... google 64 bit Free Track.

erich
Dec-14-2017, 23:32
hi everybody, i am trying to run the game and always have a message to my screen " the LAUNCHER stop working ". Can someone help me please??

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-14-2017, 23:53
hi everybody, i am trying to run the game and always have a message to my screen " the LAUNCHER stop working ". Can someone help me please??

Thanks for your note.

Did you read the Beginner's Guide and follow the instructions?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32891-new-beginners-guide-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-dover-blitz/

Do you have a 64 bit operating system and a DX11 compliant video card?

Did you disable your anti-virus or create an exception for the Blitz edition 64 bit .exe?

Did you disable the Steam Overlay?

If you are still having problems, please read the below thread and post your crash logs:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32903-suggestions-those-crash-problems/

pilot183
Dec-15-2017, 00:37
warning to anyone who had 30fps before the patch: you will lose at least 10 of your frames in this update

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-15-2017, 00:39
warning to anyone who had 30fps before the patch: you will lose at least 10 of your frames in this update

Not if you set up your PC correctly.

TWC_Flug
Dec-15-2017, 00:53
Never thought we'd see the day. But it's installed, running, and I've even shot down a few a/c with a Beaufighter!

Congrats to the entire TF team for a job well done.

ATAG_Laser
Dec-15-2017, 01:19
I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all at TFS , and of course IC games, for your hard work and dedication in working on this patch and getting it out there for us all to enjoy.

I look forward to getting Cliffs of Dover Blitz downloaded and trying it out, in particular the Beaufighter.

Christmas just come early for us :)

blueredblue
Dec-15-2017, 02:04
thank you to the guys who made this possable, as a new flyer i probably will never see alot of the changes that you have made, however trees now hurt alot and that beaufighter is brutal ,almost feel sorry for the 111's
just need a mosquito to add to the beaufighter and hurricane and im complete, we can get rid of those tarty spits then :)
well done guys, heres to the next update!!!

Screamadelica
Dec-15-2017, 03:37
A huge thank you and congratulations to everyone at Team Fusion.
You have truly kept the dream alive.
Time to install....... :salute:

ATAG_Septic
Dec-15-2017, 05:28
I have so far experienced no problems at all!

My PC is long in the tooth now but seems to be handling it all very well.

I've been running the Blackdeath.trk and playing some single player and so far it is a brilliant patch.

Magnificent effort chaps!

With gratitude,

Septic.

AtomicP
Dec-15-2017, 07:00
I only got around to downloading and installing and I'm certain it will be amazing, so I do want to express my gratitude to all involved.

Thank you!!!

FS~Fenice_1965
Dec-15-2017, 07:40
Thank you TF ! I still have to have my first ride with the BLITZ edition, but you deserve a big THANK's in advance.

ATAG_Scones
Dec-15-2017, 07:43
I would like to thank Team Fusion for their time and their work on 4.5.

I hope the roll-out goes well.

Unfortunately, I didn't read 'Mystics post before downloading so I didn't rename the IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder.

I have a few questions before I continue with reassigning my key mappings and evaluating the game.

Why does the folder need to be renamed and what problems might I run into, not having renamed it before downloading Blitz?

Could the folder be renamed after downloading and then the integrity of the game files checked in Steam?

What should I do?

:salute:

Kling
Dec-15-2017, 07:54
I would like to thank Team Fusion for their time and their work on 4.5.

I hope the roll-out goes well.

Unfortunately, I didn't read 'Mystics post before downloading so I didn't rename the IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder.

I have a few questions before I continue with reassigning my key mappings and evaluating the game.

Why does the folder need to be renamed and what problems might I run into, not having renamed it before downloading Blitz?

Could the folder be renamed after downloading and then the integrity of the game files checked in Steam?

What should I do?

Is your game running fine?

ATAG_Scones
Dec-15-2017, 08:05
Is your game running fine?

Thanks for getting back, Kling

It seems to be; but I haven't put much time into testing it because I'm still trying to reassign my keys.

I have two folders in the 1C Softclub folder now - one has 'MOD' appended to it.

What are the potential problems I might run into?

ATAG_Eshark
Dec-15-2017, 08:14
Wow Wow Wow
I just want to thanks TF for their diligence and hard work Blitz is a work of art I had a small issue of the game freezing at start up. But after uninstalling the old cliff's of dover and the 1Cclub folder it stopped probably a clash somewhere, mirror not working I can live with that given the improvements ,that merlin engine sound is to die for after flying this kind of sim for more years than I care to mention this is the best merlin engine sound I have experienced by far thanks guys
Eshark

Kling
Dec-15-2017, 08:15
Thanks for getting back, Kling

It seems to be; but I haven't put much time into testing it because I'm still trying to reassign my keys.

I have two folders in the 1C Softclub folder now - one has 'MOD' appended to it.

What are the potential problems I might run into?

There is no issue with having the folder with the "MOD" appended to it! ;)
The game will no longer use that folder as the game is no longer a modded game but rather an official game now. Nothing in there will be looked at anymore by the game! You will not tun into any problems!
BUT you can take the user.ini from the "MOD" folder and put it in the non MOD folder if you want to bring over your personal ammo belts and convergence etc etc.

ATAG_Scones
Dec-15-2017, 08:40
There is no issue with having the folder with the "MOD" appended to it! ;)
The game will no longer use that folder as the game is no longer a modded game but rather an official game now. Nothing in there will be looked at anymore by the game! You will not tun into any problems!
BUT you can take the user.ini from the "MOD" folder and put it in the non MOD folder if you want to bring over your personal ammo belts and convergence etc etc.

Will I be able to move my key bindings over?

Thanks again,

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-15-2017, 08:41
No.

you have to rebind them all.

Only once mind !

DRock
Dec-15-2017, 09:48
Will I be able to move my key bindings over?

Thanks again,

Most settings can be restored, but everyone must remap their joysticks.

Simply copy and paste your confuser.ini and user.ini from your MOD folder and replace the existing files in the new il-2 blitz folder. That will restore ~90% of your previous settings.

rontaila
Dec-15-2017, 13:01
A huge thank you to everyone at Team Fusion.
You have truly kept the dream alive.:IAG:

Topgum
Dec-15-2017, 13:40
Congratulation for the release of the Blitz and the huge amount of improvements and features. Thank you for hard work which you did with great endurance, talent and competence which keeps a dream alive.
:)
I will wait a little bit before I get the patch though (having a little bit peripheral issues and Win10 already).

Here my system specs:

i7-3770K @ 3,5 GHz 8GB RAM GTX 680 Win10x64 (I am still quite a newbie with the OS)

Will I have a huge fps impact? I am running 4.312 actually 30-40 (limited) on 2.560 x 1.080 , settings high pretty fine.

I am a little bit concerned for my 14 years-old-RL-pilot-mate. I sold him last week brothers gaming-PC from 2010 ? latest Intel-Quad core CPU @ 3 GHZ 4 GB RAM GTX 560 TI Win7 professional. (My broth ran CLOD on HD pretty fine at the time, can't say something precise about his fps, maybe +30?)
My mate is very interested to try out CLOD, but what can he do with his rig and TFS 4.5 ? Will it be playable, considering using medium settings & system tweaking? Now, there'll be no longer a way for him as non-CLOD-owner to run the TF 4.312, right? Or, couldn't I copy my installation to him in some way?

Thanx again,:salute::salute::salute:

TG

ATAG_Scones
Dec-15-2017, 14:08
No.

you have to rebind them all.

Only once mind !

I thought it would be once several times ago - oh, what a PITA!

ATAG_Scones
Dec-15-2017, 14:23
Most settings can be restored, but everyone must remap their joysticks.

Simply copy and paste your confuser.ini and user.ini from your MOD folder and replace the existing files in the new il-2 blitz folder. That will restore ~90% of your previous settings.

Joystick axes done, I'm on to the buttons now. Getting there - slowly.

Essex
Dec-15-2017, 16:32
Thank you TF.

HurricaneHarvest
Dec-15-2017, 19:37
Thanks TF team ... downloading now.

pilot183
Dec-16-2017, 02:57
Not if you set up your PC correctly.
the system requirements on the steam store have increased no amount of someone setting up their PC right is going to change that
:thumbsup:

dburne
Dec-16-2017, 07:40
Big congrats guys! What a milestone achieved with this first official release!!

Very exciting times ahead! I personally am waiting on version 5 with hopefully VR support, and really looking forward to it. I know it will take some time to get there, but will be so worth the wait for me.

charlie19
Dec-16-2017, 08:04
Umm...what happens if I installed without renming the folder first? Can I just rename it and re-install?

rince77
Dec-16-2017, 08:07
Bravo guys,well done, looks absolutely fantastic.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

=gRiJ=Aty2
Dec-16-2017, 10:52
Congratulations, I´m a very happy player now, i have a really COD very work 100%, thank you, thank you, thank you

i hope 5.0 for buy why you need all money the world to work like now time

bye

Topgum
Dec-16-2017, 10:54
Congratulation for the release of the Blitz and the huge amount of improvements and features. Thank you for hard work which you did with great endurance, talent and competence which keeps a dream alive.
:)
I will wait a little bit before I get the patch though (having a little bit peripheral issues and Win10 already).

Here my system specs:

i7-3770K @ 3,5 GHz 8GB RAM GTX 680 Win10x64 (I am still quite a newbie with the OS)

Will I have a huge fps impact? I am running 4.312 actually 30-40 (limited) on 2.560 x 1.080 , settings high pretty fine.

I am a little bit concerned for my 14 years-old-RL-pilot-mate. I sold him last week brothers gaming-PC from 2010 ? latest Intel-Quad core CPU @ 3 GHZ 4 GB RAM GTX 560 TI Win7 professional. (My broth ran CLOD on HD pretty fine at the time, can't say something precise about his fps, maybe +30?)
My mate is very interested to try out CLOD, but what can he do with his rig and TFS 4.5 ? Will it be playable, considering using medium settings & system tweaking? Now, there'll be no longer a way for him as non-CLOD-owner to run the TF 4.312, right? Or, couldn't I copy my installation to him in some way?

Thanx again,:salute::salute::salute:

TG

Hi again,

is there anybody out there who can answer my questions? MP? Buzz?

I met the pilot boy this morning in the hangar for winter A/c-maintenance and he is peppering me how to buy a new CLOD via Steam and running it on 4.3. I can't tell him and I don't want to make him wasting 10 € for a game which is maybe unplayable for him with 4.5. Consider also that those who are young and short by money are maybe important for the future for Flight simulation and TFS.

Thanks a lot,

TG

farley
Dec-16-2017, 12:43
Since the release of 4.5 there have been quite a few bugs found, problems that have come up with frame rates, inability to get into the sim, set peripherals etc.
In spite of these problems, I would still like to take a moment to once again thank TF for all of their hard work to make this the best WWII flight sim available.

The bugs will be sorted out I'm sure, and all will be well in the end.

I especially want to thank all those who have spent hours answering questions and helping those who have questions and concerns since the release; there have been many, including Buzzsaw, 1lokos, Boo and many others who have certainly addressed a heck of a lot of questions here.:thumbsup:

One of the things that makes this the great community that it is, is the effort people put into helping each other, and that has certainly been evident over the past couple of days.

So hat's off to those who have been working hard to put out the fires, and to those struggling with issues for hanging in there and not giving up on this great new release. It must be a bit discouraging to TF members who, I'm sure have been looking forward to the release, if for no other reason than to be able to a break from it! But with the dedicated team that they have, I am sure that all of the major problems will be dealt with in good time, and will all be able to celebrate this beast named Blitz

Thanks again to everyone out there who are helping those in need here.... :salute:

sirjohnluke
Dec-16-2017, 13:32
I am soooo pleaaaaased....

ATAG_Rush
Dec-16-2017, 18:21
Well done chaps. Amazing updates to the sim. Thanks for all your hard work. :bravo::alcohol::go:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-16-2017, 21:03
Hi again,

is there anybody out there who can answer my questions? MP? Buzz?

I met the pilot boy this morning in the hangar for winter A/c-maintenance and he is peppering me how to buy a new CLOD via Steam and running it on 4.3. I can't tell him and I don't want to make him wasting 10 € for a game which is maybe unplayable for him with 4.5. Consider also that those who are young and short by money are maybe important for the future for Flight simulation and TFS.

Thanks a lot,

TG

Hello TG

I'd recommend your young friend holds off for a while with 4.5 and just runs 4.312... that is unless he has a good PC.

We are working on finding solutions as fast as we can.

Topgum
Dec-17-2017, 08:13
Thank you Buzz for your reply and TF for your efforts to help us and especially the fly-boy, I'll keep him updated. So, I got you right, there is a way to run 4.3, but I have still no idea, how to install a fresh Clod and getting the former patch, is it still available on Steam, or is this part of the solution you are seeking for?

TF is best:thumbsup:

TG

Barraclough
Dec-17-2017, 09:09
Hi RAF74_Buzzsaw

Hereby I send you the data you asked for plus two Windows Eventslogs

tasklist to big (31.5kB) Will try to split and send in later
Salut
Barraclough'

onlyforbrian
Dec-17-2017, 10:37
[QUOTE=Mysticpuma;293297]IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz is now public :)

We would like to begin this announcement by saluting 1C Games for their willingness to trust Team Fusion with the valuable commodity which is the "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" Source Code.

Thank you Nikolay Baryshnikov and Jason Williams.
Our second vote of thanks must go to the CLIFFS OF DOVER community... without your loyal support and enthusiasm Team Fusion would not be in the position we are in today, with the opportunity to have fun with our favourite game and hobby.
We hope "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover - Blitz" will meet the communities expectations... it is not a full game... only a patch, with a few new aircraft and features, but if the reception is positive, it will lay the groundwork for Releases which will be a lot more substantial and exciting. And it will be the solid foundation for further development of this game engine.

The process which has led up to this Release has been more difficult and challenging than expected. Although we now do have access to the Source Code, we lack the guidebooks and technical manuals of the original development team, lost in the years after the project was originally shut down. Progress still requires a lot of testing and educated guesswork. :) The good news? The creation of TF 4.5 was a huge learning experience and with that experience and the new found knowledge, we will progress more quickly towards the completion of TF 5.0.

I would also like to personally thank each and every member of Team Fusion for their contributions. I am proud to be a member of this team. You can find the TF member names in the Game's credits.

Mike "RAF74_Buzzsaw"

Readme for v4.5

README -LITE-
IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover - BLITZ
Additions and changes to original game.

Additional new Aircraft

Flyable:

Bf-109E-1B (early Fighter-Bomber)
Bf-109E-4N (DB601N engine and 100 octane fuel)
Bf-109E-4/E-4B and E-4N versions with added armor for fuel tank and pilot
Bf-110C-2
Bf-110C-4_Late
Bf-110C-4B (early Fighter-Bomber)
Bf-110C-4N (DB601P engines with 100 octane fuel)
Bf-110C-4NJG (Nightfighter)
Bf-110C-6 (heavy 30mm Cannon armed version)
BlenheimMkIV_Late (twin gun rear turret and extra bombload)
BlenheimMkIVF (heavy Day-Fighter)
BlenheimMkIVF_Late (twin gun rear turret and extra bombload)
BlenheimMkIVNF (Nightfighter)
BlenheimMkIVNF_Late (twin gun rear turret and extra bombload)
Spitfire Mk-I-100 octane
Hurricane DH-520-100 octane
HurricaneMkI-NF (Night-fighter)
Hurricane MkI-FB (Fighter-Bomber)
Beaufighter Mk IF
Beaufighter Mk INF (Night-fighter)
DH-82A-1 (Field Mod armed Tiger Moth)
DH-82A-2 (Czechoslovakian armed Tiger Moth)
DH-82A (Battle of Britain Tiger Moth version with bomb carrying capacity)

Non-flyable:

Sunderland added bomb capacity
BlenheimMkIF (heavy Day-Fighter)
BlenheimMkINF (Night-fighter)

Maps

- New Autumn and Winter Maps
- New Textures, trees, hedges, runways and terrain for all maps
- Perspective from altitude corrected to provide accurate views of rivers and terrain
- Additional historical landmarks
- Additional spline road types & more cow types for Full Mission Builder
- Elimination of original map bugs including:
- "Swimming Pools" in France
- Non- historical golf courses changed to farming.
- Dull water off Querqueville, dry rivers at Le Havre, Bradwell, and Barneville
- Airfield 'holes' at Hawkinge, Melville, Coquelles, Westhampnett, and Lympne flattened
- Added missing hangers to various French Airdromes

Codework

- Game upgraded to 64 bits and DX11
- Tree collisions enabled
- Distant Clouds enabled, 'Popup' effects reduced
- Contrails enabled
- Target dot view through cloud bug eliminated
- Game controllers naming change to address the Windows 10 re-ordering issue
- Rendering optimizations to increase FPS
- Reduced crash generating bugs.

Sound

- Updated existing aircraft engine sounds to historically accurate sound SFX
- Added Hercules engine SFX
- Added DB601N engine SFX
- Updated MG and cannon SFX including new Hispano and Mk-101
- Updated Explosion and hit SFX
- Added new flak sounds
- Added new day/night environmental ambience

Ships

- New Corvette, Tanker and Hospital ship types
- More accurate ship damage modeling

Aircraft Visibility

- Close and Distant aircraft visibility improved to provide more realistic combat environment
- Elimination of the 'Disappearing Aircraft' bug

Reflections

- Added reflections from the sky and clouds to all aircraft surfaces
- Added reflections to canopy glass surfaces.
- Lowered the whitening effect from sun reflections in the propeller.
- Increased reflectiveness for distant glass surfaces to improve spotting

Cockpit Graphics

- Countless historically accurate improvements and additions to aircraft cockpit graphics

Blackout Effects

Hi-G Blackout effects revised to reflect actual pilot experience
Aircraft Skins

- New historically accurate skins for all aircraft types

Visual Effects

- Updated smoke/explosion particle effects
- Updated weapon particle effects
- Updated engine/vehicle particle effects
- Updated environmental particle effects

Flight Modeling and Aerodynamics

- All aircraft types have historically more accurate aerodynamics including:

- Aerofoil characteristics corrected to historical
- More accurate aircraft dimensions and control surface operation
- Lift, Drag and Stall behavior improved
- Hi-speed Compressibility effects on maneuver introduced

Engine and Overheat modeling

- Engine physics revised to give accurate horsepower generation throughout the altitude range
- Overheat and engine wear provide full range of engine damage from player mis-use

Weapons Modeling

- All weapons types checked for accuracy and historical effectiveness
- AI gunner bugs eliminated

Damage Modeling

- Comprehensive damage revision of all aircraft types to reflect their construction and to provide more realistic combat results
- Maximum Aircraft G loading introduced

AI Aircraft Behaviour

- All AI aircraft types Flight/Damage and Engine modeling upgraded to Flyable standards
- AI Landing and Takeoff bugs eliminated

Player controlled Vehicles and AAA Artillery

- Many Vehicles and Artillery now can be player controlled

Game loading Screens

- New Hi definition game loading screens

Printable Extras

- Air Force bases of CLIFFS OF DOVER - detailed maps of the battle area
- Working German World War 2 mechanical flight computer, the Dreieckrechner DR-3

Please see the new Beginner's Guide at the 1C forums for instructions on installation and tips to get flying faster.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32891-new-beginners-guide-il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-dover-blitz/[/QUOTE

Hi.... I kept my Cliffs of Dover..no matter what anyone says..I love it...but I'm 71 years old and I now get a bit confused at following directions... my ICclub folder is in my documents (no biggy) and in it I have two folders "Cliffs of Dover" and "Cliffs of Dover Mods" from your earlier mods... I changed the name of the ICclub folder to "Cliffs of Dover Blitz"... and the Cliffs of Dover folder inside to "cliffs of Dover Blitz"... I started the download on Steam... but it seems to be downloading your upadta to Program files x86/Steam folder... am I doing this right? Can you please help me with further instructions if it's wrong? thanks in case I miss your answer here, my email is onlyforbrian2@gmail.com

=FI=Murph
Dec-17-2017, 12:14
Onlyforbrian, yes that sounds about right. The game itself needs to install to your program files x86/steam/common/Cliffs of Dover folder. The 1C Softclub folder is created by, updated by, and used by the game each time it runs.

farley
Dec-17-2017, 13:20
Is there a quick way to see who, how many, and which map is running now? "Home" and "Running mission briefs" on the main page do not do it now.
Do we have to go into the server to see?

Me lazy, and that's just so much work..... (And the TF folks think they have it rough....):D

I do have one complaint! I was planning on getting a lot done around the house this w/e, and have spent all of my time here reading threads and sorting out the sim........ And now the w/e is almost over, the house is still a mess, haven't shaved or showered since Thursday, the cat's box needs cleaning, my boss wants reports..... and I'm still finding a need to come here every five minutes to watch all of the dramas unfold...... and, living in Canada, I don't think there is anyone I can sue for my loss of productivity, and the mental anguish......

Oh the humanity.......:ind:

electraguard
Dec-17-2017, 15:32
It works great. So much better than the original. You guys did a great job. Do the old campaigns work with this and, if so, do they have to be installed again?

Oersted
Dec-17-2017, 18:18
Brilliant work TF, onwards and upwards, thank you, tak, grazie, merci, danke, obrigado, Dank U!

BoxinKangaroo
Dec-17-2017, 18:59
This is great! love all the work and dedication you guys did!

DAZZA1
Dec-18-2017, 07:03
Hi and thanks to all concerned for your hard work in getting 4.5 up and running:thumbsup:

One question please...is it possible to install the historical skins from MOD to 4.5?....just copy and paste to folder I guess?

Thank you.

ZonedOut
Dec-18-2017, 23:05
Thank you Team Fusion! Long awaited. Very nice work.

72AG_Storm
Dec-19-2017, 13:55
Прекрасная работа парни. Успехов в ваших трудах. жду обновлений.

TWC_Flug
Dec-19-2017, 17:42
It's great to see this released, and so many improvements. I've really been enjoying flying in 4.5 and think it will only get better from here as the servers adapt to the features and improvements of 4.5.

electraguard
Dec-19-2017, 20:45
Is there a way, or will there be a way, to increase the volume of the incoming radio voice above the engine noise in the single player mode?

Thanks,
Alan

Bimbo
Dec-21-2017, 09:31
Astounding work by all involved.
Never thought that i would still by playing this game
so many years later. It just gets better and better.

sin
Dec-21-2017, 15:59
why Blitz(4.50) disables the composition of the "Aero" desktop and how can I cancel it? win 7x64 ultimate
4.312 all good!

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-21-2017, 16:15
why Blitz(4.50) disables the composition of the "Aero" desktop and how can I cancel it? win 7x64 ultimate
4.312 all good!

It's deliberate... and newley coded.

Cliffs now automatically disables it (and re-enables it when you quit) to give your graphics card the lowest impact possible at launch.

Its an advantage not a negative.

Windows 7 only but the way.

milanG
Dec-21-2017, 16:44
Remember to do some reading before you get trigger happy!

Thanks TFS!

~S~

rename like.... "few pink elefants" or :DDD
no one says how exactly to rename.

BOO
Dec-21-2017, 16:52
rename like.... "few pink elefants" or :DDD
no one says how exactly to rename.

What you rename it isnt important.

sin
Dec-21-2017, 17:02
It's deliberate... and newley coded.

Cliffs now automatically disables it (and re-enables it when you quit) to give your graphics card the lowest impact possible at launch.

Its an advantage not a negative.

Windows 7 only but the way.

This is a disservice!
I have to switch to the Desktop and manually turn on "Aero"! This gives me the opportunity to have a vertical synchronization with unlimited for 60 fps (with disable V-sync in settings into the game)
with "Aero" I have 120-150 fps +V-sync !!!

How to disable it? I want the game not to disconnect "Aero"

seacondor
Dec-21-2017, 19:47
Lots of good things in this patch. I like the Beaufighter. That is a big help. I just need to mention a couple of things.
When will we be getting real new ships? Those ones updated in the patch are not real new ships. The British never used a M35 minesweeper and called it a corvette.
I have seen real new ships shown along time ago.
The other issue that seems to have been left out of this patch is the lack of bombing on the AI Do 17z and Ju 88. I tried both these in my mission and neither bombed the
target like in the old version. The He 111 works well.

Hurricane
Dec-22-2017, 08:06
Deleted

charliedunne
Dec-22-2017, 10:28
That's great news. Thank you a lot for your effort and congratulations about your relationship with 1C Games

Topgum
Dec-23-2017, 09:36
Hello again,
finaly I took the decision to install the famous patch though I havn't fixed all my controller/Win10 issues - can't wait anymore :D But where I have to install the steam libary? I have chosen Steamapps/common/Cliffs of Dover folder but Steam is saying "Steam couldn't create a libary folder in there". Or do I have to chose the "1C Soft Club" folder? I am confused about the libary-thing which is normaly in the "Steamapps"-direction, right?
Thank you in advance for help. :salute:

PS::doh: Guess, I am the fool of the hill asking that Question :D

PPS: OK, it's Christmastime :signs5:: merry X-mas !

Beamslam
Jan-09-2018, 08:57
Thanks! Already flew a few test missions, all seem to we working fine. But had trouble to get the sim recognize my flightstick Evo Force. Started pulling hair, then read somewhere that by changing usb port it might do the trick, and voila! it worked :-)

electraguard
Feb-16-2018, 09:11
This morning Steam installed an update and now the game doesn't work. Every time I try to play it I get them message Access denied 0x5. I can find nothing in Steam help to explain this.

What do I have to do to fix this?

♣_Spiritus_♣
Feb-16-2018, 09:36
This morning Steam installed an update and now the game doesn't work. Every time I try to play it I get them message Access denied 0x5. I can find nothing in Steam help to explain this.

Try this pleasE:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28306&p=305251&viewfull=1#post305251

electraguard
Feb-16-2018, 11:07
Try this pleasE:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28306&p=305251&viewfull=1#post305251

I did all that and still have the problem.

♣_Spiritus_♣
Feb-16-2018, 11:19
Check out post 4 in this thread?

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/2592234299571095513/

electraguard
Feb-16-2018, 12:17
Check out post 4 in this thread?

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/2592234299571095513/

It still doesn't work. I keep getting this same error. The game worked fine before this update.

electraguard
Feb-17-2018, 06:40
It still doesn't work. I keep getting this same error. The game worked fine before this update.

Okay, I fixed this problem. Steam also updated another game and when I tried to run it I got the same error message. So, I figured something changed and remembered that I updated my video card driver that morning. I rolled back the driver and restarted my computer and I no longer get that error message for either game. The other game loads and runs ok but Blitz does not run.

When I select run, I get the 'Running' message for a few seconds it goes away and nothing happens. I have reverified the files in Steam and that didn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and that didn't work. Is there some file or folder someplace I have to delete?

SIA_Sp00k
Feb-17-2018, 07:20
Okay, I fixed this problem. Steam also updated another game and when I tried to run it I got the same error message. So, I figured something changed and remembered that I updated my video card driver that morning. I rolled back the driver and restarted my computer and I no longer get that error message for either game. The other game loads and runs ok but Blitz does not run.

When I select run, I get the 'Running' message for a few seconds it goes away and nothing happens. I have reverified the files in Steam and that didn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and that didn't work. Is there some file or folder someplace I have to delete?

If you post the card and driver it may help the next bloke who comes along with the same issue. Tried a registry or driver cleaner for the newer driver?

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

♣_Spiritus_♣
Feb-17-2018, 09:24
Any overlays or 32bit programs running? Sounds like a conflict.

electraguard
Feb-17-2018, 09:49
If you post the card and driver it may help the next bloke who comes along with the same issue. Tried a registry or driver cleaner for the newer driver?

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I have a Radeon 7750 and had the problem after I updated the driver from 18.2.1 to 18.2.2. I ran the display driver remover which did remove all the AMD Radeon stuff then I reinstall 18.2.1 but I still have a problem with Blitz. I am back to the original error access denied 0x5. All the other games I start in Steam run fine. So, I am going to uninstall/reinstall Blitz again and see what happens.

electraguard
Feb-17-2018, 18:07

I have tried everything to fix this and nothing works. It is not my video card driver, there is no other game interference and I have tried everything Steam and suggestions here and nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both CLOD and CLOD Blitz many times include once with the CLOD CD I have and nothing lets the either game run. After uninstalling I have deleted the associated directories in My Documents and in the Steam Common folder but after the re-install both games show how many hours I have played. That tell me there is a folder some place that contains this data and, maybe, some other history that is keeping it from playing now. I can not find such a folder, not even in the appdata folders . I really enjoyed playing CLOD Blitz as it never failed or crashed liked CLOD did. Is there some place I can get a non-steam version of CLOD Blitz? I will be happy to pay for it. I have run out of ideas as to how to fix this. All the other Steam games I have play fine.

katschmarek
Feb-17-2018, 18:23
Antivirus maybe? Did you try running the game as administrator?

Edit: NVM, I see you fixed the "Access is denied" issue.

After you start the game and it doesn't do anything, start task manager and kill Launcher64.exe, from the Processes list. Then try launching it again.

electraguard
Feb-17-2018, 20:38
Antivirus maybe? Did you try running the game as administrator?

Edit: NVM, I see you fixed the "Access is denied" issue.

After you start the game and it doesn't do anything, start task manager and kill Launcher64.exe, from the Processes list. Then try launching it again.

I use PCMatic and I turned it off in the start up and then reboot. PCmatic is not running but it still doesn't work work. I tried running as the administrator and not. Still didn't work. The "access denied 0x5" still comes back from time to time. Both Clod and Clod Blitz now say it is running when you select play but the 'running' message next to the game name in the list only lasts a few seconds, then changes to some else and goes away and nothing happens. What 'running' changes to before it disparages, I don't know because it happens too fast.

The game never starts and, therefore, never show up when/if I start task manager via crl/alt/delete. The only thing that shows up is Steam bootstrap.

I still believe there is a cache in some folder that needs to be cleared but I can't find it.

Also, IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad works fine.

katschmarek
Feb-18-2018, 05:51
I use PCMatic and I turned it off in the start up and then reboot. PCmatic is not running but it still doesn't work work. I tried running as the administrator and not. Still didn't work. The "access denied 0x5" still comes back from time to time. Both Clod and Clod Blitz now say it is running when you select play but the 'running' message next to the game name in the list only lasts a few seconds, then changes to some else and goes away and nothing happens. What 'running' changes to before it disparages, I don't know because it happens too fast.

The game never starts and, therefore, never show up when/if I start task manager via crl/alt/delete. The only thing that shows up is Steam bootstrap.

I still believe there is a cache in some folder that needs to be cleared but I can't find it.

Also, IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad works fine.

There was also this issue some weeks ago, where due to a Steam update the game failed starting. Not sure if you already tried this:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28130

You could also try renaming the following folder and then try starting:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

electraguard
Feb-18-2018, 08:31
There was also this issue some weeks ago, where due to a Steam update the game failed starting. Not sure if you already tried this:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28130

You could also try renaming the following folder and then try starting:

Turning off beta testing didn't work and I don't understand your renaming. You can use a '\' in a folder name. Are you saying to added a folder named \il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover in the 1C SoftClub folder?

I am going to try rebooting in the safe mode and see if it runs in there.

katschmarek
Feb-18-2018, 09:33
No, I meant renaming the bolded folder:

to something else, so the game creates a new, clean folder on start-up.

electraguard
Feb-18-2018, 11:26
No, I meant renaming the bolded folder:

to something else, so the game creates a new, clean folder on start-up.

I FOUND THE PROBLEM BUT NOT THE ROOT CAUSE. I REBOOTED IN THE SAFE MODE AND THE GAME WORKED. SO THERE IS SOME PROGRAM OR DRIVER THAT WAS INSTALLED RECENTLY THAT IS INTERFERING WITH THE GAME START UP. AFTER i DETERMINE WHAT IS CAUSING THE INTERFERENCE I WILL POST IT HERE.