PDA

View Full Version : Strange install development

Barraclough
Dec-16-2017, 09:28
Good day to every one on the Forum

Early Wednesday evening I clicked the Steam pictogram on my laptop, having in mind a bit of quiet tinkering with objects and planes in CLOD Mods mission builder when I saw to my big and happy surprise that my gamelist on Steam had been changed: Cliffs of Dover Blitz was announced, ready for install!! Flabbergasted, peace of mind gone I without hesitating inmediatly pushed the installstrip. Rather rash and stupid of course in afterthought; I ought to have have realised there would be helpfull download instruction on the TF-Forum, there always is. But I did'nt, I started the download and did so without renaming CLOD Mod.

But now comes what I would like to tell you: Starting the installation I got automatically this announcement: "You have to pay 17.24 euro" Rather strange this as I have CLOD Mod on my laptop based on the old vanilla Cliffs of Dover copy bought from Steam and well paid for. Nevertheless as I wanted this Blitz version dearly I started the pay procedure that arrived on the screen. But now I was informed that I could not buy Cliffs of Dover Blitz as a I had already the CLOD Mod version.
This obviously being a no-through road I tried a fresh install. The pay instruction did'nt go off now and the game was downloaded at first site normally but when pushing the start button I got this short flash on the screen.
Now I think at my first try the Blitz version was just released, and the download procedure was in its early stages for this "You have to pay 17.24 euro announcement never came back later on by other attemps to install the game. But perhaps it had brought about a disruptive effect on this later attemps.
Several times I deleted the download and tried again but no luck: can't get Blitz on my laptop (Asus ROG G752VY), not with ClOD Mod renamed, not with the suggestions mentioned thus far on the TF-Forum and that's a depressing thought.
I can buy it either, I would be happy to pay for it for I just love CLOD and this TF- team, the men who did this tremendous job of making the game really playable, making people happy.

Contacting Steam about a my problem does'nt work: can't get it answered in Steams menu of existing, frequent questions. They simply refer me to the game producers.
Trying to get Blitz under a new account seems a bit unfair and maybe illegitimate.

So here I am. Can somebody help out a person rather at the end of his tether.
Barraclough

=FI=Murph
Dec-16-2017, 11:14
First of all, you really need not have done anything at all with the MOD folder, people are being encouraged to back it up since some stuff such as missions and skins can be saved there and moved over to Blitz later. Blitz will not call on or use the MOD folder at all, so no worries there.
However, you did not share you laptop specs, and this may be the problem. A minimum requirement for this new version of the game is that you be running a 64 bit version of Windows, win7 or later. Also you MUST be using a DX11 compatible graphics card. Both are needed since the game's Launcher.exe is now 64 bit, and the new graphics use DX11. If your laptop doesn't meet both of these minimum requirements, it won't start.
There is some consolation for you in that you can still download and re-install the 4.3 version and use it even if you have both installed. At least you'll have something to do until you can afford a hardware upgrade. You'll probably have trouble finding a server that still uses 4.3, but you never know.

Barraclough
Dec-16-2017, 13:31
First of all, you really need not have done anything at all with the MOD folder, people are being encouraged to back it up since some stuff such as missions and skins can be saved there and moved over to Blitz later. Blitz will not call on or use the MOD folder at all, so no worries there.
However, you did not share you laptop specs, and this may be the problem. A minimum requirement for this new version of the game is that you be running a 64 bit version of Windows, win7 or later. Also you MUST be using a DX11 compatible graphics card. Both are needed since the game's Launcher.exe is now 64 bit, and the new graphics use DX11. If your laptop doesn't meet both of these minimum requirements, it won't start.
There is some consolation for you in that you can still download and re-install the 4.3 version and use it even if you have both installed. At least you'll have something to do until you can afford a hardware upgrade. You'll probably have trouble finding a server that still uses 4.3, but you never know.

Thanks for your reply =FI=Murph
Specs from my laptop are:
DirectX 12; Windows 10 64- bit; Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU; 2.60GHz; 16.0 GB RAM; NVDIA GeForce GTX 980M

Hope that this information helps
Barraclough

=FI=Murph
Dec-16-2017, 17:25
Well your specs look more than adequate to me. Hopefully someone will come along here with a solution for you. Are you running any sort of overlay software such as TS Overlay or Steam Overlay? If so, try disabling them. Check the properties of your Launcher.exe and basically everything else associated with the game such a joystick software, and make sure everything is set to run as administrator. That's all I can think of offhand, good luck.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-16-2017, 17:33
You should be able to get Blitz for free.

There was a glitch with Steam in the initial few hours of the release, which was corrected. At that time people were asked to pay.

Now you should be able to simply click on the release and it will start downloading.

Is the Blitz game listed in your available games?

Good day to every one on the Forum

Early Wednesday evening I clicked the Steam pictogram on my laptop, having in mind a bit of quiet tinkering with objects and planes in CLOD Mods mission builder when I saw to my big and happy surprise that my gamelist on Steam had been changed: Cliffs of Dover Blitz was announced, ready for install!! Flabbergasted, peace of mind gone I without hesitating inmediatly pushed the installstrip. Rather rash and stupid of course in afterthought; I ought to have have realised there would be helpfull download instruction on the TF-Forum, there always is. But I did'nt, I started the download and did so without renaming CLOD Mod.

But now comes what I would like to tell you: Starting the installation I got automatically this announcement: "You have to pay 17.24 euro" Rather strange this as I have CLOD Mod on my laptop based on the old vanilla Cliffs of Dover copy bought from Steam and well paid for. Nevertheless as I wanted this Blitz version dearly I started the pay procedure that arrived on the screen. But now I was informed that I could not buy Cliffs of Dover Blitz as a I had already the CLOD Mod version.
This obviously being a no-through road I tried a fresh install. The pay instruction did'nt go off now and the game was downloaded at first site normally but when pushing the start button I got this short flash on the screen.
Now I think at my first try the Blitz version was just released, and the download procedure was in its early stages for this "You have to pay 17.24 euro announcement never came back later on by other attemps to install the game. But perhaps it had brought about a disruptive effect on this later attemps.
Several times I deleted the download and tried again but no luck: can't get Blitz on my laptop (Asus ROG G752VY), not with ClOD Mod renamed, not with the suggestions mentioned thus far on the TF-Forum and that's a depressing thought.
I can buy it either, I would be happy to pay for it for I just love CLOD and this TF- team, the men who did this tremendous job of making the game really playable, making people happy.

Contacting Steam about a my problem does'nt work: can't get it answered in Steams menu of existing, frequent questions. They simply refer me to the game producers.
Trying to get Blitz under a new account seems a bit unfair and maybe illegitimate.

So here I am. Can somebody help out a person rather at the end of his tether.
Barraclough

Barraclough
Dec-17-2017, 06:51
Thanks RAF74_Buzzsaw and =FI=Murph for explanation and suggestions.

Nevertheless game still will not start.

Integrity valuation files in Steam: allright, no changes
Will upload the data you asked for under : "Those who have Crash problems" and also faultmension in Windows Eventlog . (Don't know how to open in Cliffs of DOVER under [Console] the LOGFILE=logs.txt)

Barraclough

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-17-2017, 17:16
Thanks RAF74_Buzzsaw and =FI=Murph for explanation and suggestions.

Nevertheless game still will not start.

Integrity valuation files in Steam: allright, no changes
Will upload the data you asked for under : "Those who have Crash problems" and also faultmension in Windows Eventlog . (Don't know how to open in Cliffs of DOVER under [Console] the LOGFILE=logs.txt)

Barraclough

I would recommend doing a complete uninstall.

Then please check this thread for programs or issues to avoid:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27381&p=294849#post294849

Then try another install.

Barraclough
Dec-21-2017, 09:26
Hi RAF74_Buzzsaw

I’m sorry to pester you with a quote of my message; you have already read this message and partially answered.
””Starting the installation I got automatically this announcement: "You have to pay 17.24 euro” I think at my first install try the Blitz version was just released, and the download procedure was in its early stages. This "You have to pay 17.24 euro announcement did’nt come back by a second try or later attemps to install the game. But perhaps it had brought about a disruptive effect on these later installs””

Could this perhaps be the reason of not getting Blitz started?

Several times I deleted the download and tried again but no luck: can't get Blitz on my laptop (Asus ROG G752VY) not with the suggestions you mentioned thus far on the TF-Forum.

Specs from my laptop are:
DirectX 12; Windows 10 64- bit; Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU; 2.60GHz; 16.0 GB RAM; NVDIA GeForce GTX 980M

Barraclough