PDA

View Full Version : Turning off in cockpit shadows

Dandrew
Dec-17-2017, 16:59
Hey everyone -does anyone know if there is a way to turn off in cockpit shadows on 4.5?? There was a box in video settings on 4.3, but for some reason they seem to have got rid of it!! - I don’t have a great machine and forcing to have them on makes the game unplayable as my laptop graphics card can’t handle them!!

Dandrew
Dec-17-2017, 18:34
Is there something in the conf file I can change??

♣_Spiritus_♣
Dec-17-2017, 19:06
Right now no. What are your specs?

Dandrew
Dec-17-2017, 19:17

Not great at all - I have a 2.8ghz i5 6th gen laptop processor, and a Nvidia 940mx (2gb gddr5). Although these aren't great, version 4.3 ran at 30-50fps using medium/high settings at 1080p (with cockpit shadows turned off), now I get 15 at 720p - low, so unplayable sadly. :(. I think even with shadows turned on I used to get 40fps at 720p - so I wonder if the changes have made it to heavy for my gpu - shame as I really enjoyed online!

Dandrew
Dec-18-2017, 12:48

Found a solution!! - For some reason my machine was running the game off integrated graphics automatically. All I have had to do is force it to run of my decidated GPU, and now getting much better FPS (dare I say better than before the patch!!)

Kling
Dec-18-2017, 12:54
Found a solution!! - For some reason my machine was running the game off integrated graphics automatically. All I have had to do is force it to run of my decidated GPU, and now getting much better FPS (dare I say better than before the patch!!)

Great! Nice to hear!!

Dandrew
Dec-18-2017, 17:42
Great! Nice to hear!!

Looks like they've done a great job! - Would still be nice to have back the 'turn off shadows' feature though! (for those of us running off laptops!) to eek out a few more FPS.

=FI=Murph
Dec-18-2017, 18:48
Funny, I don't remember that being an option before.

Fresh Giant
Dec-18-2017, 20:37
Funny, I don't remember that being an option before.

originally there was an option to remove all shadows in general but they got rid of it for some reason.

Robo
Dec-20-2017, 02:46

Could you please explain how you did that? I'm having problems getting the game to run at more than 5 FPS. The old game used to run at 60 FPS on the highest settings and I cant understand why 4.5 lags so much even on the lowest settings.
Intel core i7 2.6GHz x 8 CPUs
Nvidia 960M 4GB
8 GB RAM

Artist
Dec-20-2017, 04:12
There's a setting somewhere in Nvidia Control Panel to *force* usage of the card. A squad mate had the same problem. Sorry, can't reach him now for details.

Robo
Dec-20-2017, 04:14
There's a setting somewhere in Nvidia Control Panel to *force* usage of the card. A squad mate had the same problem. Sorry, can't reach him now for details.

OH! got it, thanks! game works beautifully now

Artist
Dec-20-2017, 05:53
OH! got it, thanks! game works beautifully now
Ah! Good to know. Could you make a screenshot of what you changed where? It could help others, who have the same problem.