PDA

View Full Version : which desastersof campaign to buy first?

BOO
Dec-19-2017, 12:50
3000hrs in I figure its time to try SP.

I assume these are amongst the best (or are there better?)

If so which one should I put some Euro on?

Not to fussed about which faction I fly

All suggestions welcome

ATAG_Slot
Dec-19-2017, 13:43
Hi Boo
[I would hold off purchase for a bit as I can't get my Wick v Dundas to work with 4.5 Blitz.]
Something to do with the move to 64 bit and it being a 32 bit install.

FWIW It was great in 4.312 and had really hard realism settings and I am gutted i can't get to to work.
Not sure what support is like as the website has gone a bit sparse too.

Hope this helps

EDIT
Great news, just d/l a fix from ATAG_Colander posted at the top of the forum which has fixed the Desastersoft file by recompiling as 64 bit.

I can confirm its now working and have restarted the 111 campaign.

Another example of fantastic TFS dedication and great work.
They deserve even more thanks.

BOO
Dec-19-2017, 18:03
It was the fix that got me thinking :-)

I went for Dundas v Wick - 17 euro seems a very fair price considering the content.

I know that perhaps 4.5 may have given the gunners uber ability but I can live with that.

Shame the anthrodoofer setting is still a detectable thing in the realism settings - with all those snipers have a 25% penalty added to your already tough career because of a goofy setting is just a buggeration :)

S!

BOO

fury1ord
Dec-19-2017, 18:33
FIGHTER ACES! ADOLF GALLAND - THE EXPERT is my choice because of "Bloody Foreigners" :)

YoYo
Dec-20-2017, 19:22
Few my reviews, but sorry its in Polish, try to use google translator:

http://yoyosims.pl/fighter-aces-adolf-galland-expert
http://yoyosims.pl/fighter-aces-helmut-wick-vs-j-c-dundas

I have also Channel battles. Whole set is the best! I liked Galland also...

Rapier07
Jan-29-2018, 01:06
Channel Battles, I just did the fix today for 4.5 and moved everything over. See the thread from Buzzsaw. Just wanted to say thanks and shout out. I can pick missions or play the campaign. Other threads are on the IL2 forum. Just remember, you start from the single mission folder just like a customer mission rather than the menu screen. Really like the historical missions Me 109 and Me 110. DesasterSoft thumbs up:thumbsup:

sevenless
Mar-08-2018, 05:47
I really like Wick vs. Dundas, though I have to say they are pretty hard if you are somewhat of a flightsim novice like me.

Installation went smoothly with renaming the steamfolder "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz" to "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" for installing them and later renaming it back to "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz". Then copy over the TF Fix which solves the 32bit dll problem.

Thanks to the folks in this forum to fix them for BLITZ!