PDA

View Full Version : How is wingman AI in 4.5?

radial madness
Dec-21-2017, 16:05
I've been watching the ATAG development of CLOD with great interest since abandoning the game years ago for reasons we have all experienced. It's exciting to see such a potentially wonderful sim get deserved new life! Since I am still playing IL-2 1946 (P-47 and FW-190 campaigns currently) it will be fantastic to get something totally new and modern (from a graphics/sound perspective).

My reservation as an SP guy is: do the CLOD wingmen follow instructions at least as well as in IL-2 1946? Your comments are most welcome and I look forward to a great 2018 flight sim experience! Happy Holidays to all.

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-21-2017, 16:11
I've been watching the ATAG development of CLOD with great interest since abandoning the game years ago for reasons we have all experienced. It's exciting to see such a potentially wonderful sim get deserved new life! Since I am still playing IL-2 1946 (P-47 and FW-190 campaigns currently) it will be fantastic to get something totally new and modern (from a graphics/sound perspective).

My reservation as an SP guy is: do the CLOD wingmen follow instructions at least as well as in IL-2 1946? Your comments are most welcome and I look forward to a great 2018 flight sim experience! Happy Holidays to all.

Not sure on the actual qustion... I don't do a lot of single player.... and when i do its purely recreational or tsting stuff out.

There seem to be some hickups affecting a not inconsiderable percentage of teh player base, though i myslef have hand not major issues... and the map... wow!.

It's just stunning.

dip your toes into Multiplayer at some point if you can... i bet you will be pleasently surprised !

and either way... Have Fun !!

:salute:

1lokos
Dec-21-2017, 16:23
Short answer: CloD AI is the same of previous versions and far away for IL-2'46 latest versions.

But AI gunner are now more effective, a bug in their "aiming" was corrected.

AI Wingmans:

The Wingman follow your commands for change formation and distance in formation - if they are in your visual range.

If are not, they will follow mission waypoints and maybe catch you near home base, or if arrive there first land under tower control, in the following order:
6-5-4-3-2-1

1 is the leader - so you are the flight leader (1) you await tower clearence to land or will make AI crash.
In urge to land first, foll remaining AI wingmans ordering then spread formation and then changing formation, meanwhile land fast.

AI Wingmans in dogfight:

AI follow you command for engage targets (Tab-5-5) that are in your visual range
If the they have ammo to do this will confirm in the radio - all at same time, resulting in cacophony. :P

I they don't have more ammo - Rookies spray all their ammo in one burst, they remain in silence.

In SP/Campaign missions you - as leader, need engage Autopilot briefly for AI "see" you and tower give clearence for take off.

Are a legend that if you - as leader, take-off and do a pattern circuit around runway the AI will follow you without need this "autopilot cheat"... Never see someone confirming this.

Is this, all other radio commands included in CloD release - that on't work in release, was "sweep under rug". :doh:

Other "peculiarity" - If you are the leader and take a engine damage, your radio stop work and you can't "talk" with AI or with tower.

radial madness
Dec-21-2017, 18:37
1lokos,

That is exactly the information I was looking for regarding the wingman AI. It looks like SP (at least for me) will have to wait a bit longer until 5.0 is released. Not too big a deal since my lovely wife bought me a GTX 1080 for Christmas and DCS A-10C is waiting to try it out! CLOD does look beautiful from what I have seen so deferred gratification will be the order of the day. Thanks for the responses. They are much appreciated.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-21-2017, 19:31
...all other radio commands included in CloD release - that on't work in release, was "sweep under rug". :doh:

Hello Sokol

Actually the AI commands are being worked on now, but were not available for 4.5 release. Not '...swept under rug'.

We are very aware of the issues, but it was not possible to get these changes implemented for 4.5.

YoYo
Dec-22-2017, 01:47
I play SP mostly and agree, I didnt notice any changes of behavior of AI wingmen in 4.5.
They are stupid as they was :thumbsup: