PDA

View Full Version : Torpedoes???

Squashman
Dec-22-2017, 12:45
First order of business is to thank TFS for this splendid upgrade and praise their work in transforming Cliffs of Dover. My experience of the download and gameplay has been seamless and smooth, with zero problems. Very professional - great work and well done team.
My comment, however, as the title suggests, concerns the absence of torpedo ordnance in player controlled aircraft. I hope I'm not alone in thinking the addition of this facility would be a great feature in such a realistic and immersive simulator.
Currently, of course, we have the He 115 B2, with torpedo carrying capacity and watching their performance against Channel convoys is amazing and devastating (though perhaps not entirely historical)
So, the question I humbly ask is, are there any plans to provide player controlled torpedo carrying aircraft, especially as we now have a very interesting and presumably, in the future, expanding fleet of ships?
I think I'm right in believing that some marques of the Beaufighter and the Junkers 88 carried torpedoes, so we have existing potential platforms, not to mention the possible conversion of the He115 to flyable. :thumbsup:
What does TFS and the community think?

regards
Squashman

Mysticpuma
Dec-22-2017, 13:56
Torpedoes work but the current plane set didn't carry them during the time period that Blitz covers (apart from the HE-115). Future releases will include Torpedo carrying variants :)