PDA

View Full Version : Request for Players: Lag Fix test for TF 4.5: ATAG Server 1 Saturday 23 1600 GMT

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-22-2017, 21:26
Hello All

We expect to have a Lag Fix available for testing on ATAG Server 1 on Saturday.

We were able to successfully test this on ATAG 2 on Friday with 35 players... we would like a larger test on Saturday.

We expect to have the fix installed on Server 1 by Saturday at 1600 GMT/1100 US EST/0800 US PAC

Just show up and fly normally on the server.

Please use your normal Network connection speed.... 56 k is not necessary. LAN connection is fine.

Hoping we can see a good turnout.

Please observe for significant lag effects.

Thanks to all :salute:

ATAG_Colander
Dec-22-2017, 22:01
Or test now if you want. I just put it in server 1.

X-sing fingers and toes.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-22-2017, 22:21
We are still looking for a big turnout at 1600 GMT Saturday.

Maximum numbers allowable on the server have been changed to 101. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-22-2017, 22:28
Good job...Yeeharr!

Baffin
Dec-22-2017, 22:30
Or test now if you want. I just put it in server 1.

X-sing fingers and toes.

Worked very well! I maintained a Spitfire with about 6' of wingtip overlap with a Blenheim... fully controllable!

There was one instance of rubber banding as I approached the bomber (about a 2 ship length shift), but only one. The longer I flew on his wing, the more stable it seemed to become.

OUTSTANDING!

ATAG_Septic
Dec-22-2017, 22:34
Had a go on the server 2 test for a while. Formation flying with friendly bombers, no warping. Attacking enemy bombers seemed fine but I didn't linger close for long!

Fingers crossed chaps.

ATAG_Ezzie
Dec-22-2017, 23:55
Just flew for 1 1/2 hrs on New Dawn Fades with only a teensy bit of rubber banding noticed once but it was of the type encountered on 4.321 from time to time. Did random checks of my ping and it was withing normal Oz limits.

Thanks for all the hard work on this TFS - fingers crossed this has nailed this issue.

Ezzie

ATAG_Freya
Dec-22-2017, 23:56
Had an instance of lag while in just-about-firing-position vs a spit. Otherwise very smooth on other engagements (even @ low alt with heavy flak). Noticed that smokes (burning statics at airfields etc) really took the fps down to near choppy levels. Heavy flak but no smokes = no problems. i7_2600@3.4/1060_6gb/16gb_rams

:salute:

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-23-2017, 00:10
Good for me....I flew for an hour on the Isle of white map...50+ players when I joined...No rubberbanding at all...FPS seemed better....and the game seemed to run smoother from spawning...

Great job...Its very flyable and playable...real good work...~S~

Will read the posts tomoro and see what folks say...

gonk
Dec-23-2017, 02:02
Super human effort considering most of us are getting fatter at this time of year... too much food and beer... :).

Thanks for all the hard work everybody... and Happy Festivus... :)

ATAG_Marlow
Dec-23-2017, 05:50
This is fantastic news for everyone! How the hell TFS have found the time to tackle this at this time of year is beyond me! I'm fully into Christmas Family duties now......... but I'm cheering you guys on 'in absentia!' Outstanding! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mysticpuma
Dec-23-2017, 06:06
I understand ACG are having a very large turnout for a test on the 56K modem fix, which is planned but was before this solution. Is it possible that they can have the fix sent to them to give us a larger player base feedback?

TWC_Brett
Dec-23-2017, 06:22
Previously for me, the rubber-banding and odd behaviour had made it unplayable.
However, just been on ATAG#1 for a good two hours and all was perfectly smooth with no issues! Great work!

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-23-2017, 06:36
The test is still on for 1600 GMT. We are hoping for close to 100 players to establish whether the standard of 4.312 is met.

ACG members are welcome to join the test on ATAG 1. :thumbsup:

Once we establish it is working as intended then we will certainly make it available to the public. :salute:

Baffin
Dec-23-2017, 09:07
Some other servers have provided Cliffs of Dover games that play on the last version, v4.312. The games work normally without interfering with each other so I encourage players to try them out in order to compare the old with the new. Our memories trick us into believing that it was "so great back before CLoD Blitz", when it just ain't so! In my opinion, the new "Blitz" version is clearly superior to the old version, now that TFS has minimized the "Space Shifting" known as "Rubber banding.

My passion is close formation... Thunderbirds - Red Arrows close. The old clod permitted maybe five foot wingtip spacing before shifting prevented further closure. Yesterday, I was one of the first to put Colander's initial "fix" to the test and felt so much in control with significant wingtip overlap, that I considered trying to touch the wing of Red}{awk's Blenheim with that of my Spitfire! (Reconsidered to avoid collision effects: his fist and my nose!) As user numbers increased, my satisfaction did not diminish at all. It ain't perfect, but its awfully good!

As you compare the two versions, take notes for the TFS developers... Be specific and include all the conditions you can to enable duplication of the problem. Only a couple of days of complaining about "Rubber Banding" was necessary before this watershed change was made yesterday. We ARE the Beta testers!

My main gripe remaining is RAF Fighter ground handling, and TFS is aware that turning is not quite perfect yet. By comparing versions, I can recommend (my preference only) that they make Blitz handle like v4.312 does on the ground. If we continue to troubleshoot with them, this game will be the touchstone for those that follow.

Remember, we need to fix the technical issues first, not the fact that you can't fly a Corsair in North Africa yet. Once TFS has this simulator working properly at +99%, the preferential features can be considered for addition later.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

ATAG_Colander
Dec-23-2017, 10:38
87 people on the server right now and I was told everything is smooth.
Anyone with a different experience?

No.119_Bruv
Dec-23-2017, 10:45
its looking real good 80 odd in and I dont see any of the rubber banding. Maybe isolated lag on certain players but that is normal. Well done team on getting that fixed so quickly. :thumbsup:

69th_Zeb
Dec-23-2017, 10:54
93 plus furball and the furball was smooth as butter for me! Great work guys.

*Edit:
I think the ground handling is better in the new. Given that drum brakes won't do much good above walking speed other than be sticky on landing. The conventional gear, drum-braked aircraft I've worked on from that era (US made) behave just the same....until retrofitted with disk brakes.

Maybe the British designs were different, but I can't imagine much so.

ATAG_Septic
Dec-23-2017, 10:58
No warping at all!

Running at 3840, which is fantastic on my now ageing system.

Spent a good while in formation with another Beaufighter and flew around some busy combat. I had an almost imperceptible and occasional stutter when first closing on another aircraft, nothing of concern.

Magnificent effort Colander!

with gratitude,

Septic.

Mysticpuma
Dec-23-2017, 11:08
This is great to read, appreciate everyone jumping in and helping.

Not many software releases are perfectly smooth and for those long at reverting back to v 4.312 because of this frustrating issue, of-course we apologies for the PIA, but bugs are buhs, at-least it looks like this is rectified.... Phew!

ATAG_Colander
Dec-23-2017, 11:11
Server at 100 players now and so far seems like is behaving.
Wonder if we need to bump it to 150 players max now :)

Edit:
Changed the max to 200. Will come into effect on the next mission.
Let's see if we have enough people to reach it :D

69th_Zeb
Dec-23-2017, 11:15

Do it, then if it starts lagging again, more of the snowflakes will leave. :getaway:

Stardog765
Dec-23-2017, 11:15
Great job all!

I havent started flying online yet but great to see you all getting it all fixed up for me when I do :)

Merry Christmas!

Maru
Dec-23-2017, 11:20
So far so good, I have been chased by 5 109s and they were following me smoothly without any teleports..

Well done Team Fusion!

DRock
Dec-23-2017, 11:45

Edit:
Changed the max to 200. Will come into effect on the next mission.
Let's see if we have enough people to reach it :D

101 seems to be stable.

Although the server only reached 80-, 200 seems to be causing crashes.

can we try 150?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-23-2017, 11:56
Crashes?

DRock
Dec-23-2017, 11:59
Crashes?

Several of us can't join. I have launcher crashes everytime I join. Others are having all sorts of issues.

69th_Zeb
Dec-23-2017, 12:01
Is that cache related? Reminds me that I haven't cleared it since install. Maybe that's been fixed?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-23-2017, 12:03
Several of us can't join. I have launcher crashes everytime I join. Others are having all sorts of issues.

I see 90 people connected right now.
Please post the recent dmp files on your cppcrash folder.

DRock
Dec-23-2017, 12:04
92/200 and seems to be stable. I joined just fine now.

For now, no complaints on TS.

DerDa
Dec-23-2017, 12:07
At 18:00 some minor rubberbanding and a 3 sec lag when flying over Isle of Wight.
(With lots ...LOTS of flak and much too many 109s :D

DRock
Dec-23-2017, 12:12
I see 90 people connected right now.
Please post the recent dmp files on your cppcrash folder.

23_12_17__11_07_55_2804_22.dmp
23_12_17__11_19_15_1204_576.dmp

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-23-2017, 12:28
93 plus furball and the furball was smooth as butter for me! Great work guys.

*Edit:
I think the ground handling is better in the new. Given that drum brakes won't do much good above walking speed other than be sticky on landing. The conventional gear, drum-braked aircraft I've worked on from that era (US made) behave just the same....until retrofitted with disk brakes.

Maybe the British designs were different, but I can't imagine much so.

We may have used biscuit tins rather than drums.

and custard creams instead of brake shoes.

what of it?

:D

ATAG_Colander
Dec-23-2017, 12:39
23_12_17__11_07_55_2804_22.dmp
23_12_17__11_19_15_1204_576.dmp

I need more than the file names :D

You will need to zip them to post it here.

Vlerkies
Dec-23-2017, 12:48
Was really good this side Colander. As good as 4.3

Sea Lion on Map rotation crashed (or you guys did a reset maybe) other than that it is day and night compared to a week ago with upwards of 80 players in the map.

Much happiness!

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Dec-23-2017, 13:10
I totally forgot about the network configuration. Is there anything we need to change client side in the options?

Vlerkies
Dec-23-2017, 13:17
I totally forgot about the network configuration. Is there anything we need to change client side in the options?

Set it to what you like NS, default was lan, no longer need to have it at 56k setting as asked for by TFS a day or so ago. (that request was rescinded)

Vlerkies
Dec-23-2017, 13:28
Seems the player list is working again as well

Happy days

(edit: although those stats havent updated in a number of minutes)
Player stats updating, not time left.

rel4y
Dec-23-2017, 13:50
Nice! I had only one instance of rubber banding. But my fps dip into the 40s and I sometimes get heavy stutters over GB mainland for some reason. All in all great work TF!

DRock
Dec-23-2017, 14:29
major frame rate drop over IoW.

92/200 players

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-23-2017, 14:35
major frame rate drop over IoW.

92/200 players

To what? and how long for...

Im making chicken stock right now... but... i gotta know dammit !!

Baffin
Dec-23-2017, 14:50
87 people on the server right now and I was told everything is smooth.
Anyone with a different experience?

Anything more than that causes rather severe fore and aft shifting within 30 ft of lead aircraft. Some aiming problems as well.

TWC_Flug
Dec-23-2017, 15:17
Just spent a couple of hours on the ATAG server with 90+ players, then 100+. This is the Blitz everyone was looking forward to & hoping for. Thanks guys.

Tibsun
Dec-23-2017, 15:25
It's awesome now! Most of the time pefectly smooth.

Only minor things now, people reporting now have longer waiting time at loading screen / joining server / loading mission at 90+

And minor micro rubberbands/stutters but probably duo to poor perfomance fps drops on client side of the lagging plane.

Cassius
Dec-23-2017, 15:50
Crashes?
No crashes.
2 hours long 4 x He111 & One 109 Raid from Plumetot to Ford, Upavon and Theville landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRQepoLLxE
Attack Ford ~43:00 (https://youtu.be/DTRQepoLLxE?t=2578)
Attack Upavon ~1:20:20 (https://youtu.be/DTRQepoLLxE?t=4816)
The lags were during the flight.
Bug with the big part of ground at water ~1:42:20 (https://youtu.be/DTRQepoLLxE?t=6144)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-23-2017, 15:51
Saw 120/200 when I was on the server.

There were fps drops when a lot of aircraft were in the same area... which happens a lot in the Isle of Wight mission over the island. But that was the same in TF 4.312.

But I saw no significant rubber banding or lag jumps.

Personally I would limit the server to 100, same as 4.312.

Overall I would say we are back to the standard of 4.312. :thumbsup:

Vlerkies
Dec-23-2017, 15:55

There were fps drops when a lot of aircraft were in the same area... which happens a lot in the Isle of Wight mission over the island. But that was the same in TF 4.312.

Thank you for your efforts and TFS and Colander!
+100 was fine.

Maru
Dec-23-2017, 15:57

How about limiting the spawning until a certain amount of aircrafts leave the spawn point?
That will make people spawn somewhere else which will remove the fps drops.

No.119_Bruv
Dec-23-2017, 17:11
Was really good this side Colander. As good as 4.3

Sea Lion on Map rotation crashed (or you guys did a reset maybe) other than that it is day and night compared to a week ago with upwards of 80 players in the map.

Much happiness!

further to what vlerkies said there was an anomaly with a map reset this afternoon. We were playing fine with 80+ then the map ended. A new one came up and after around 10 minutes or so of everyone connecting the pings went weird again and people in the lobby reported no server in the list. Eventually it kicked me out. So either that was you guys playing around in the background or something to do with colander upping the server limit to 200?

Hamble scramble then came up fine for the full duration of the map, peaked at 119 players there is something about that magical number and also the French one came backup after reset without issue.

It does look like whatever the fix was has cured the server wide rubber banding, the other reports of lag or fps slow downs is most likely normal behaviour for intense battles with flak etc. My rig is by no means a super computer but everything felt good and smooth. So fingers crossed that is the last of the server side issues and players can now sit back and enjoy all of the hard work!

Perfesser
Dec-23-2017, 17:31
I had a couple of instances in the first hour of the test of framerates dropping from the 80's to 5 frames for 3 or 4 seconds. I had just taken off from Shoreham en route to IoW, one friendly nearby...

Vlerkies
Dec-23-2017, 18:58
Pretty darn good!

To TFS, may your children have wealthy parents :D

Pretty loaded servers, more so today than normal, and performance inline at the very least with 4.3.
Compared to last weeks release this is light years ahead, massively better.

Thx.

TWC_Flug
Dec-23-2017, 20:48
FYI on the ATAG server earlier today, when the server crashed and everyone was trying to re-enter at the same time, I jumped in, too. But with so many people coming in at once it was taking a while to get through the 'percent screen' so I stepped away from the computer for a while. When I came back it said "launcher64.exe crashed". So, just for your entertainment, Colander, here are the recent .dmp files. (From this and a couple of other things in the past few days it looks like.)

JG4_Widukind
Dec-24-2017, 02:39
Frame Drop:
I have to say that on the Isle of Wigh Map. (arround 90 Player)
Problems with the Frame Drop.
I do not know what that could mean sometimes I have 80Fps at the same place and then again to Spawn 25Fps- new connekt back to 80Fps. Special this was on Isle of Isle of Wigh Map on Bembridge but still on other Maps too.
Normally, I do not see the FPS, for me mus the game with the respective settings run smoothly.
Can it be that the cache fills too fast ?? and then it is overcrowded?

Warp:
I fly with high settings and pseudo screen 2550x1440 144Hz without V sync, if everything runs normally I have an average of 50low -120high frames.
Please watch the video you can see it well in the last few minutes.
We were heading north from Theville.

https://youtu.be/587vZnqaEEw

Specs:
Game Setings:high
Nvidia 1080GTX
AOC 2k Monitor
16GB Ram
Gigabyte Motherbord 1 Yeahrs old
Win 10
Intel i7 Core

Cassius
Dec-24-2017, 06:03
I confirm that Widu said about Warps. I saw the video.
We got the same all the way, but need to say those little movements known like stutters was not at all. Only long moving - Warps.
Thanks