PDA

View Full Version : 4.5 Blitz Single Player Excessive pitching up

\Hawk/
Dec-24-2017, 11:05
Don't know if it's just my rig or my "new" JS-(Logitech Extreme 3d Pro), but in single mode i always have to trim nose down.

Is this Historic accuracy or is my system/game glitched?
:recon:

ATAG_Colander
Dec-24-2017, 11:28
One word: Trim.

The planes are trimmed for cruise speed by default. higher speed = pitch up, lower speed = pitch down.

You have to assign a trim up/down key and use it constantly.

=FI=Murph
Dec-24-2017, 12:31
I fly mostly RAF, most Hurricanes. I always need to trim nose down. In fact, I usually put in a couple of clicks of right rudder and four to six clicks nose down before takeoff roll. Once I'm up and have have the gear up and RPMs set, I will add enough nose down trim to keep her in a climb at about 210-220 IAS. Always watch the airspeed rather than the climb rate. That way you keep a good flow of air over the radiators and will still be in a decent energy state when you reach your desired altitude.
Use boost cut-out until you reach about 15,000 ft, after that it's not doing you any good. I wish we had the version of the Hurri that used a two-stage supercharger, but I don't know when those entered service? I'd rather have that than any cannon-armed frankenstein.
I love the Hurricane, she's a good, steady, gun platform. Don't be afraid to use the trim. If you're trying to line up a gun solution and the nose keeps moving around, keep adding trim and she'll steady out.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Dec-24-2017, 16:56
All aircraft are trimmed slightly nose up so the natural state is a climb.

I have it on very good authority from numerous experienced pilots this was the case historically.

\Hawk/
Dec-27-2017, 09:38
I fly mostly RAF, most Hurricanes. I always need to trim nose down. In fact, I usually put in a couple of clicks of right rudder and four to six clicks nose down before takeoff roll. Once I'm up and have have the gear up and RPMs set, I will add enough nose down trim to keep her in a climb at about 210-220 IAS. Always watch the airspeed rather than the climb rate. That way you keep a good flow of air over the radiators and will still be in a decent energy state when you reach your desired altitude.
Use boost cut-out until you reach about 15,000 ft, after that it's not doing you any good. I wish we had the version of the Hurri that used a two-stage supercharger, but I don't know when those entered service? I'd rather have that than any cannon-armed frankenstein.
I love the Hurricane, she's a good, steady, gun platform. Don't be afraid to use the trim. If you're trying to line up a gun solution and the nose keeps moving around, keep adding trim and she'll steady out.

Thanks for the mondo detailed and much needed advise.

I was just wondering as in previous clod and different JS, never had this problem.

Thanks anyway.

SD_MBen
Dec-27-2017, 11:23
One word: Trim.

The planes are trimmed for cruise speed by default. higher speed = pitch up, lower speed = pitch down.

You have to assign a trim up/down key and use it constantly.
Nice to know!
Thanks.
Ben