PDA

View Full Version : Just returned and tried the update

Mastiff
Dec-28-2017, 00:08
I returned and followed the instructions to install the new up date,

1. I deleted the 1csoft folder

ran the update and now the game will not start.

Stig1207
Dec-28-2017, 00:31
You're not supposed to the delete the folder, but rename it to something- anything, else.

Art-J
Dec-28-2017, 01:18
You're not supposed to the delete the folder, but rename it to something- anything, else.

... which from game's point of view equals deleting (guide mentions deleting or renaming anyway), so that's not the source of the problem.

Mastiff, you'll have to be more specific than that, post some crashlogs and whatnot. Browse through this and other subsections of the forum, there are quite a few posts on the subject of launcher crashes.

Mastiff
Dec-28-2017, 01:18
well it's gone reinstalled still same issue. disabled defender, avast reinstalled still same issue.

the game no longer starts after reinstalling. it won't even make a 1csoft folder.

so something is definitely wrong with the windows 10 1706 Fall CE version.

this is the 3rd game that will not run on this version of windows 10.

the other games Battlefront Afghanistan and Shock force.

it fails after the point of come sorte of VC distribution install from steam.

how do I Get a Crash report if there is no documents folder now?

1lokos
Dec-28-2017, 08:16
I install BLITZ in middle of this Windows 10 1706 Fall CE update, no issues.

Assure that you select in STEAM library

"IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz" and not "IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover".

Rename the previous "Documents\1C- MOD" folder has no relation, this is just additional precaution for keep safety player custom files, BLITZ don't use the same folder.

In fact what is advisable is rename the folder "Documents\1C- MOD...IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" case player keep "vanilla" version of CloD installed.

SIA_Sp00k
Dec-28-2017, 08:24
Are you clicking on the old desktop icon by any chance'?

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 09:04
If you have a wheel, try the game update that was just published.

Baffin
Dec-28-2017, 09:50
I returned and followed the instructions to install the new up date,

1. I deleted the 1csoft folder

ran the update and now the game will not start.

If you deleted it in windows, isn't it stored in your recycle bin?

Kling
Dec-28-2017, 10:33
Are we talking about TF4.5 Blitz that came out in mid December or the update/hotfix that came out today?

Mastiff
Dec-28-2017, 13:52
I have no wheel,

I do not see this in the library: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33108&d=1513593892

I only see my IL-2 Sturmovik cliffs of Dover install.

I have tried to see it (Blitz version) any other way and it just doesn't show up.

this is an originale steam bought game.

so not sure why steam isn't seeing the blitz version.

so when I down loaded the update the first time I thought it was an upgrade not a full blown install, so now it's no longer there.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 13:54
Strange. If you have the original you should automatically have the Blitz version.
Please PM Buzzaw with a screenshot of your library so he can contact 1C and see if there's an issue.

Mastiff
Dec-28-2017, 13:56
Strange. If you have the original you should automatically have the Blitz version.
Please PM Buzzaw with a screenshot of your library so he can contact 1C and see if there's an issue.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 13:59
Question:
Did you buy it on Steam or did you get it as part of some bundle?

If it was part of a bundle, maybe they missed it and haven't added Blitz to it.

Just as reference, you can see the bundles here:
https://steamdb.info/app/754530/subs/

Mastiff
Dec-28-2017, 14:30
Question:
Did you buy it on Steam or did you get it as part of some bundle?

If it was part of a bundle, maybe they missed it and haven't added Blitz to it.

Just as reference, you can see the bundles here:
https://steamdb.info/app/754530/subs/

no the original release, from steam pre-ordered.

the problem is I cant even get the original released version to work now on this windows 10 1706 Fall CE version any longer, I click the play button it tries to install VC redist something unable to see it goes by so fast and just quits.

JG4_Qetzalcoatl
Dec-28-2017, 14:52
Just an idea:

Search "Blitz" in the steam shop. Select the game there, but don´t purchase it again. Just check the "Blitz" shop-website. Maybe it is listed as still purchased there and you have the option for simply download it now. That´s the way how i got it.

1lokos
Dec-28-2017, 15:14
You are looking in your FAVORITES in STEAM, BLITZ is not there - because was not installed nor classified, look in GAMES.

Mastiff
Dec-28-2017, 15:32
You are looking in your FAVORITES in STEAM, BLITZ is not there - because was not installed nor classified, look in GAMES.

thanks bro, that's what I found out before you posted, I forgot about the other games library, all good now...

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 15:33
HAHAHA good catch! :)