PDA

View Full Version : Blitz patch now live - December 28, 2017

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 09:00
All,

A new patch is live and should be getting to your installation folder.
The patch addresses the following:
1.- Server lag.
This is the fix that has been running on the ATAG server for a week now.

2.- Driving wheel crashes.
This was identified as a bug on the microsoft side when trying to apply joystick axes force feedback to the wheels. As a workaround this issue, the device is being identified now by any of the following two things:
a.- If the USB device informs windows that it is a "driving" device.
b.- If the device description text contains "wheel" (this is a safety measure in case the device is not properly reported as a "driving device".
If any of those two are true, the device will be skipped when selecting a FF device. Note that there might be wheels out there that do not match any of the two conditions which would make the test fail and the issue to happen.

Besides preventing the crash, this has another advantage. The game picks the first FF device available and assumes it is the joystick. If the wheel is first on the list, by skipping it, the next device should be the joystick and FF should work on it.

EDIT: If you have one, I would like to hear if your wheel issue is now gone and all is working properly.

ATAG_Lewis
Dec-28-2017, 09:49
Thanks Col...Yo da man!

~S~

PreyStalker
Dec-28-2017, 11:22
Great news!

Do we need to do anything at our end ?

I just checked Steam and nothing happened.

Does Steam Cloud need to be on ? Mine is off.

Thanks

Prey

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 11:23
Great news!

Do we need to do anything at our end ?

I just checked Steam and nothing happened.

Does Steam Cloud need to be on ? Mine is off.

Thanks

Prey

In theory it should be automatic (as long as your steam is not in offline mode). Is a small update so you probably didn't even notice it applied.

Stardog765
Dec-28-2017, 12:42
Great job!

Thanks for your hard work all.

Vlerkies
Dec-28-2017, 13:28
Properly efficient trouble shooting and solution.
Impressed also steam got it out so fast.
Good job!
:salute:

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 13:30
Properly efficient trouble shooting and solution.
Impressed also steam got it out so fast.

Still, no confirmation from anyone :)

electraguard
Dec-28-2017, 13:54
You guys do great work. Thanks for doing all this!

Kling
Dec-28-2017, 14:09

I think its because they don't know they have it installed... ;)

Vlerkies
Dec-28-2017, 14:18
I think its because they don't know they have it installed... ;)

Well it was quick little band aid via steam.
I flew for a few hours after the update on steam, there were no negative comments, notably a few positive ones saying looks like the lag issue is sorted.

From my perspective, certainly no UFO's or warping like just after the release, and I am sure if there was folks would be making some noise.

TonyD
Dec-28-2017, 14:36

Game starts and runs perfectly with my FF wheel connected. Thank you!

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 15:05
Game starts and runs perfectly with my FF wheel connected. Thank you!

Thanks!

TWC_NINja
Dec-28-2017, 15:27
Launched CloD with Logitech G27 plugged in and it WORKS!!!

Thanks for the great work.

TWC_NINja

jjohnson241
Dec-28-2017, 16:15
Hi,
What Version Number should appear on the Opening Splash Screen if the 12-28 patch is installed?

I just tried CLoD Blitz via Steam and the Version Number is still 4.5.0

Thanks

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 16:16
The version number didn't change.
Think of it as any windows update which doesn't change the windows version :)

jjohnson241
Dec-28-2017, 16:19
OK, How then do we verify that the patch installed?
Thanks

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 16:23
OK, How then do we verify that the patch installed?
Thanks

Unless you have steam set to "offline mode" you should have it as it is automatic.
If you still want to make sure, see the modified date of the "maddox.dll" located on the "GAME_INSTALL\parts\core" folder. Should be from when it updated.

jjohnson241
Dec-28-2017, 16:35
I had steam set to automatic update but there was nothing in Steam that indicated that an updated had been pushed.
I checked the .dll as you suggested and it did in fact reflect an update today at 1430 hrs.

Just a suggestion; updating the version number, in this case to perhaps 4.5.1, is a good way to insure that your "customers" receive and can verify receipt of your product.
Please consider that in the future.

Thanks for your help and congratulations on Blitz, it's really fine work.

Fresh Giant
Dec-28-2017, 18:27
this would be nice if you guys actually fixed the problem with the shadows.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 18:33
this would be nice if you guys actually fixed the problem with the shadows.

Sorry but, what problem with the shadows?
Not being able to turn them off is not a problem.

Fresh Giant
Dec-28-2017, 18:35
Sorry but, what problem with the shadows?
Not being able to turn them off is not a problem.

it is a problem considering it would fix my, and others fps. I shouldn't be able to have fancy cockpit shadows if i'm allowed to turn the game into basically polygons.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 18:37
it is a problem considering it would fix my, and others fps. I shouldn't be able to have fancy cockpit shadows if i'm allowed to turn the game into basically polygons.

So by that logic the game should run on a 8086 with an Hercules video card?

Fresh Giant
Dec-28-2017, 18:40
So by that logic the game should run on a 8086 with an Hercules video card?

I'm just saying I can run BOS and DCS with no problem because I have the option to turn it off, and I can still use high settings graphics. Can't say it with this stupid problem. I get the point, it took a while but come on if your excuse is that they game must look pretty why is this possible? it's inane.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-28-2017, 18:43
I'm just saying I can run BOS and DCS with no problem because I have the option to turn it off, and I can still use high settings graphics. Can't say it with this stupid problem. I get the point, it took a while but come on if your excuse is that they game must look pretty why is this possible? it's inane.

BOS and DCS are two great games so I hope in the near future they don't update it so you will need a better system.

TonyD
Dec-29-2017, 03:55
All,

2.- Driving wheel crashes.
This was identified as a bug on the microsoft side when trying to apply joystick axes force feedback to the wheels...

Is this a temporary work around until MS fixes their bug? I enjoyed the feedback that my wheel vibrations gave me, even though I had no axes mapped to it, as I don't have a FF stick. Not essential, but definitely adds to the immersion.

Baffin
Dec-29-2017, 10:24
Quit complaining!

TFS' ATAG Collander has corrected a problem for some of our players. That's a GOOD thing!

If you make valid, objective observations with your criticisms, he might be able to correct yours, too. Be constructive! :respect:

ATAG_Colander
Dec-29-2017, 10:28
Is this a temporary work around until MS fixes their bug?

Doubt that will ever happen. This is the old directinput 8 which they don't support anymore.
They moved to XInput (because of the Xbox) which has many issues with force feedback devices (as in not supported by many).

TonyD
Dec-29-2017, 12:23
Doubt that will ever happen ... directinput 8 ...

Cool, thanks. I did assume as much but had to ask. It is working very well, so great job guys.

Blitzen
Dec-30-2017, 10:49
Thanks for the tip!:thumbsup:

guiseppe
Jan-04-2018, 18:27
Gentlemen,

Congratulations on the Blitz update!

Heart felt thanks for all your hard work, thanks for feeding our passion for the battle of britain...greatly appreciated...

Humble Request:

Can you improve the weather to include cloud layers and this "ambiance" of dark sooty sinister British weather to look like this classic painting:

Mesaverde256
Jan-04-2018, 23:41
Howdy all, new here since the Blitz update as had so many problems before that. WOW what a game it is now and you guys are doing amazing things here with the modded campaigns etc. Hope to see some of you up there!

electraguard
Jan-11-2018, 17:56
I have been playing this since it was released and have had almost no problems. Just some occasional stutters in some campaigns. You guy did and excellent job. This game is actually fun to play now, not aggravating!

Von Pepofen
May-02-2018, 14:42
Can someone help me to add bombs on a campaign misiĆ³n?