PDA

View Full Version : New Year Wish

Buff
Dec-29-2017, 14:21
Please fix Blitz so that it will recognize my Thrustmaster T16000M v. 1.0. This is the older version of the T16000.

I have only 3 games on Steam: Warthog, CLOD and CLOD Blitz. Steam recognizes the JS. The JS works fine on the first two games listed but not on Blitz. :(

I've tried all suggested remedies with no results.

Buff

PreyStalker
Dec-29-2017, 17:29
Hi Buff,

I use the T16000m V1 too and I have no problem with Blitz.

Try the usual things I guess, unplug and plug back in, check drivers etc.

I'm no expert I'm afraid but just thought you should know there's nothing wrong with Blitz and this stick.

Prey

:thumbsup:

Buff
Dec-29-2017, 18:00
Hi Buff,

I use the T16000m V1 too and I have no problem with Blitz.

Try the usual things I guess, unplug and plug back in, check drivers etc.

I'm no expert I'm afraid but just thought you should know there's nothing wrong with Blitz and this stick.

Prey

It's good to hear that your's is working OK. However, I've tried everything you mentioned plus deleting and reinstalling Blitz. I've updated the drivers from Thrustmaster.

So if there's nothing wrong with Blitz, then what what could be wrong? What would be different between CLOD and CLOD Blitz if the JS works with CLOD and not with the Blitz version?

I posted a previous thread in general discussion outlining my problem and tried everything suggested and none solved the problem.

Therefore something is amiss.

Are there other settings that can be made to the game? I'm going to keep pressing this until it works.

ATAG_Colander
Dec-29-2017, 18:32
I have that joystick too and it works fine.
One detail however is that I do not use any special drivers from Thrustmaster, I let windows use it's own.

PreyStalker
Dec-29-2017, 19:21
If it helps, I use the standard Windows driver too

ATAG_Colander
Dec-29-2017, 19:38
Just for good measure I just installed the drivers from here:
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t16000m-en/

Everything works normally to me with them too.

ATAG_Torian
Dec-30-2017, 01:25
Just clutching at straws here but u haven't just copied and pasted your controls .ini over have u cuz it won't work.
So there is nothing detected when u map ur axes in the in-game controls setup ?
Tried different usb ports ?

FWIW...usually a good idea to post system specs in any "My.....doesn't work" thread.

ATAG_Pattle
Dec-30-2017, 07:33
Good luck Ruff.

Hope you get sorted soon mate.

Hope some red bod out there hasnt got a voodoo doll in the shape of your stick, and getting revenge on you for the countless kills you get in your trusty 109!

BOO
Dec-30-2017, 08:42
Good luck Ruff.

Hope you get sorted soon mate.

Hope some red bod out there hasnt got a voodoo doll in the shape of your stick, and getting revenge on you for the countless kills you get in your trusty 109!

Buff mate.....BUFF :)

Buff
Dec-30-2017, 17:42
Still not working.

Here's what I've tried so far:
Went the Thrustmaster site to update driver - no change
Currently Windows 10 is supplying the driver - no change
Uninstalled and reinstalled Blitz - no change
Uninstalled CLOD - no change
Current config - Blitz only, Warthog - JS works in warhog, not in Blitz
Steam recognizes JS, Steam is up to date
Running Win 10 64 bit current update, 32 gb ram, decent vid card

So, if the JS works in CLOD but not Blitz, what could be the difference? This should be a significant clue.
I've asked if there is some setting to change, no answers to that question.

Kling
Dec-30-2017, 18:55
do you have a softclub folder somewhere from the old game?
You would find it here C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\1C SoftClub

Buff
Dec-30-2017, 19:23
Dusted off my old ms sidewinder precision 2. Same results - works in Warthog but not in Blitz.

Frustrating.

I haven't found any Steam or Blitz settings that made a difference.

Kling
Dec-30-2017, 20:41
You cannot get either stick to work in Blitz??? I use the MS sidewinder FF2 stick perfectly fine.
Check steam controller setting??

Buff
Dec-30-2017, 21:17
You cannot get either stick to work in Blitz??? I use the MS sidewinder FF2 stick perfectly fine.
Check steam controller setting??

I've checked steam controller setting to the best of my knowledge, Steam shows that it sees the JS under settings, controller, general controller settings

PreyStalker
Dec-31-2017, 05:26
Hi Buff,
There is a difference in the way Blitz recognises joysticks compared to CLOD. The bindings actually show as " T16000m + key/axis you chose". It doesn't just say "Joystick1 + ...."

Yesterday, I swapped the usb port and when I went back in game I'd lost all my joystick bindings. I had to go in and redo them again.

Never had that in CLOD. Blitz seems more sensitive to usb changes. Are you plugging in directly or through a usb hub ?

Do your inputs show up in Windows Devices/Game controller settings/callibration ?

Do you have another usb device plugged in that may be interfering ?

Just some thoughts but keep trying, sounds like a software issue somewhere.

Let us know if you get it fixed

:salute:

ATAG_Pattle
Dec-31-2017, 06:59
Buff mate.....BUFF :)

Thats funny. I should wear my glasses more! :doh: Literally. Sorry Buff. Being mistaken for Ruff is a compliment.

ATAG_Nudge
Dec-31-2017, 07:10
Thats funny. I should wear my glasses more! :doh: Literally. Sorry Buff. Being mistaken for Ruff is a compliment.

Should have gone to spec savers!

Buff
Dec-31-2017, 21:44
Hi Buff,
There is a difference in the way Blitz recognises joysticks compared to CLOD. The bindings actually show as " T16000m + key/axis you chose". It doesn't just say "Joystick1 + ...."

Yesterday, I swapped the usb port and when I went back in game I'd lost all my joystick bindings. I had to go in and redo them again.

Never had that in CLOD. Blitz seems more sensitive to usb changes. Are you plugging in directly or through a usb hub ?

Do your inputs show up in Windows Devices/Game controller settings/callibration ?

Do you have another usb device plugged in that may be interfering ?

Just some thoughts but keep trying, sounds like a software issue somewhere.

Let us know if you get it fixed

Prey Stalker,

Neither the Thrustmaster T16000M nor the MS Sidewinder Precision 2 show-up in Device Manager game devices. I've assumed this is just a Windows 10 thingy.

I'm plugging directly into the computer case USB ports, and have tried all of them. Right now I'm relying on Windows to recognize the JS's and they are working on other games. Running the Thrustmaster driver update doesn't result in the JS showing up in Device Manager.

In Blitz under Controller Settings, Axis, for elevator, etc., the table rows are blank concerning the presence of a joystick for either one of the two that I've tried. And of course, there is no indication of control input movement when tried.

But, both JS's operate fine in other games that I have.

Still hoping for a solution ...

PreyStalker
Jan-01-2018, 07:42
Hi Buff,

It seems strange that the joysticks don't appear in Devices.

I just plugged my T16000 into my girlfriend's Windows 10 laptop and it installed itself without problems.

First I got a message saying Windows was preparing the T16000 set up.
Then, I got a message saying set up complete.

The joystick now appears in

Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers / T.16000M

If this isn't happening automatically on your pc, maybe you need to manually check for new hardware somehow.

If you've disabled a lot of background services, check the new hardware and usb services are running.

Hope this helps

Let us know

Prey

Buff
Jan-01-2018, 12:57
Hi Buff,

It seems strange that the joysticks don't appear in Devices.

I just plugged my T16000 into my girlfriend's Windows 10 laptop and it installed itself without problems.

First I got a message saying Windows was preparing the T16000 set up.
Then, I got a message saying set up complete.

The joystick now appears in

Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers / T.16000M

If this isn't happening automatically on your pc, maybe you need to manually check for new hardware somehow.

If you've disabled a lot of background services, check the new hardware and usb services are running.

Hope this helps

Let us know

Prey

Prey,

The latest version of Windows 10 doesn't show Control Panel anymore. But, going into settings under Devices that is labeled Bluetooth, printers and mouse - there both JS's are shown! I thought that this was strange especially since Device Manager label includes game controllers.

However, this doesn't solve my problem. Windows does recognize the JS's, and so does Steam, Warthog and CLOD, but not Blitz!!??

At this point I'm at the end of my rope.

Does this rerouting of where the JS's are listed impact Blitz's ability to find them?

Buff

Stormrider
Jan-01-2018, 13:26
Prey,

The latest version of Windows 10 doesn't show Control Panel anymore. But, going into settings under Devices that is labeled Bluetooth, printers and mouse - there both JS's are shown! I thought that this was strange especially since Device Manager label includes game controllers.

However, this doesn't solve my problem. Windows does recognize the JS's, and so does Steam, Warthog and CLOD, but not Blitz!!??

At this point I'm at the end of my rope.

Does this rerouting of where the JS's are listed impact Blitz's ability to find them?

Buff

you can still get the control panel in win10:Windows key + R, type "control" and click enter. for your joystick, Windows key + R, type joy.cpl and click enter.

PreyStalker
Jan-01-2018, 14:19
Prey,

Windows does recognize the JS's, and so does Steam, Warthog and CLOD, but not Blitz!!??

Buff

That's a good question.

My expertise exhausted, over to the wizards at Team Fusion...........

Topgum
Jan-01-2018, 17:13
Hi Buff,
try this, maybe that helps

http://www.versecast.org/forums/m/9857145/viewthread/24229000-fixing-t16000m-target-script-editor-windows-10-81-bug/post/last

I used this to solve the TARGET-Issue I have since I am running Win10. Perhaps your problem has got something to do with the powermanagement?
:salute: Tg

Vlerkies
Jan-02-2018, 02:23
typing 'usb game controller' into the search box should bring up the setup, are you seeing your devices there?

https://i.imgur.com/FahU3T0.jpg

Buff
Jan-02-2018, 16:29
Hi Buff,
try this, maybe that helps

http://www.versecast.org/forums/m/9857145/viewthread/24229000-fixing-t16000m-target-script-editor-windows-10-81-bug/post/last

I used this to solve the TARGET-Issue I have since I am running Win10. Perhaps your problem has got something to do with the powermanagement?
:salute: Tg

Thanks for the response, however the suggested change didn't work.

So far it seems safe to conclude that the problem is with Blitz because the joysticks mentioned above work with other Steam games.

The version of Windows that I'm using is:
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1709

1lokos
Jan-02-2018, 20:48
Buff

When you go to controls and try map some axes (Options > Controls > Axes tab).

Are some joystick name write there?

You can post a screenshot of this controls page (PrintScreen and past in Paint)?

https://www.justflight.com/support/il2-cliffs-of-dover/15e7fd7

BTW - If you are not used to TARGET forget this, is not required to joystick work in games. Is good if know well how use, but a evil if not.

People answering this topic. OP inform in their first message that joystick are OK and working in other games, so is not drivers or TARGET issue, is game detection issue.

Buff
Jan-05-2018, 17:18
Buff

When you go to controls and try map some axes (Options > Controls > Axes tab).

Are some joystick name write there?

You can post a screenshot of this controls page (PrintScreen and past in Paint)?

https://www.justflight.com/support/il2-cliffs-of-dover/15e7fd7

BTW - If you are not used to TARGET forget this, is not required to joystick work in games. Is good if know well how use, but a evil if not.

People answering this topic. OP inform in their first message that joystick are OK and working in other games, so is not drivers or TARGET issue, is game detection issue.

1lokos,
No, there isn't a joystick name listed in Options, Controls, Axes tab and there is no response to any manual joystick inputs. Blitz thinks there isn't a joystick present, nothing listed.

I'm thinking it has to be a game issue, possibly due to the version of Windows I'm using and the difference in recognizing a joystick between CLOD vs CLOD/Blitz version. Or, some setting that I've not found, but I've tried everything. Or, is there something wrong how the files are setup on my computer? Very frustrating!

=FI=Murph
Jan-05-2018, 17:46
I don't see your specs listed. What version of Windows are using, since you mention it?

Buff
Jan-06-2018, 19:06
I don't see your specs listed. What version of Windows are using, since you mention it?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1709

Buff
Jan-07-2018, 22:20
I'm happy to report that I found the problem and the joystick is now working. After uninstalling and reinstalling Blitz and checking out for joystick function it became apparent that the basic joystick controls were assigned to the keyboard so that the joystick was not listed under controls, axis settings. I have no idea how the settings got into this mode.

Thanks to all who reached out to help me.

Buff

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-07-2018, 23:03
I'm happy to report that I found the problem and the joystick is now working. After uninstalling and reinstalling Blitz and checking out for joystick function it became apparent that the basic joystick controls were assigned to the keyboard so that the joystick was not listed under controls, axis settings. I have no idea how the settings got into this mode.

Thanks to all who reached out to help me.

Buff

That is so strange, Buff. Thanks so much for posting this. So by your description above, when you uninstalled then reinstalled BLITZ the joystick X & Y axis appeared properly in the correct axis setting section?

I will sticky this thread as it might well help other players that run into this glitch.

Buff
Jan-08-2018, 14:38
Here's how I finally managed to get the joystick mapped.

After new install of Blitz the joystick wasn't mapped in Controls, Axis. The joystick wasn't listed and didn't function although listed in Steam. Further it wasn't possible to map anything on the joystick to a function.

I found by mapping a keyboard key to one of control functions, ie, up key to the elevator control, under axis and save, I then could clear that and reassign to the joystick. Then other controls could easily be mapped to the joystick directly. However I haven't been successful in mapping the hat button yet. Not sure what view control to map it too.

I have no idea why this is the case.

Buff

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-09-2018, 08:29
Here's how I finally managed to get the joystick mapped.

After new install of Blitz the joystick wasn't mapped in Controls, Axis. The joystick wasn't listed and didn't function although listed in Steam. Further it wasn't possible to map anything on the joystick to a function.

I found by mapping a keyboard key to one of control functions, ie, up key to the elevator control, under axis and save, I then could clear that and reassign to the joystick. Then other controls could easily be mapped to the joystick directly. However I haven't been successful in mapping the hat button yet. Not sure what view control to map it too.

I have no idea why this is the case.

Buff

That’s an easy “fix” (once you know how), but why it was necessary in the first place defies explanation. Kudos for figuring it out and sharing with us here. :salute:

I use TrackIR, so I’ve set my joystick hatswitch to UP (0) = POV 30, DOWN (180) = POV 90, LEFT (270) = ZOOM IN, and RIGHT (90) = ZOOM OUT. I have the center top joystick button progammed in the Naturalpoint (ie TrackIR) software to Center the TrackIR since it frequently goes slightly out of kilter when violently panning around. I have an easy-to-access button on my throttle likewise programmed in the Naturalpoint software to pause TrackIR. I find it handy when lining up a target in my gunsight to first hit Center TrackIR, then immediately hit Pause TrackIR to stop the gunsight from “wandering” as you’re trying to keep it on target. Everyone has their own little techniques, of course, probably all better than mine! :D