PDA

View Full Version : BOO has just uploaded Holliwood Moths - 11 WW1 inspired Skins!

BOO
Jan-07-2018, 12:30
Skins Available Here>>> https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=179

In homage to every Havard that became a Zero or Fw190, every Taufin or Buchon that interloped as a Bf109 and every Yak 52 that (unsuccessfully) tried to look like the nose of Tom Hardy’s Spitfire, I give you…

BOO’s Flying Circus!! – a collection of 11 First World War inspired skins that are 100% guaranteed (in true Hollywood style) NOT to make the moth look anything like the aircraft it’s supposed to portray even at a 100 paces!!

IN THE BLUE CORNER..

Edelweiss – Based on a 1917 Jasta 1 Albatross that may or may not have had such loud purple wings!! Truth is, I saw a colour plate of it and figured “what the hell”. The flower was inspired by one or two Albatross rebuilds doing the airshow circuit today.

Mothatross – Based on the type of colour scheme any self-respecting Albatross would be see out in. Lozenge wings and nice big gothic crosses.

The Baron – C’mon what WW1 sink pack doesn’t have the big red one!? – Big gothic crosses on White squares for that extra Holliwood pizzazz!!

The Lozenge – An all over lozenge camo pattern with a shooting star emblem. Based on a Fokker D. VII from Jasta 16b but without the blue nose.

Udet – Based on Ernst Udet’s Fokker D. VII with his candy stripe upper wing and the legend” Du doct nicht” (loosly translated as “not you” or perhaps “no you don’t”) on the tail.

IN THE RED CORNER

Albert’s Girl – Inspired bt an SE5a flown by Albert Ball VC, DSO & 2 bars, MM in 1917 with a distinctive red nose art and sash.

Eddie’s Bird – Based on Eddie Rickenbacker’s 4 tone Spad XIII and complete with the famous “hat in the Ring” of the 94th Aeros.

Georges Stork – George Guynemer’s Sapd VII inspired this skin. Guynemer was one of France’s top scoring aces until his untimely death in Sept 1917.

Moose Moth – Based on Canada’s most highly decorated son, William George “Billy” Baker VC, DSO & Bar, MM & 2 bar’s Camel. Complete with the heart and arrow emblem he carried on his tail and those distinctive white stripes.

Navy Moth. A scheme inspired by a 10 Squadron (Naval) “A” flight Camel from 1917 with its distinctive black and white banded nose.

The Prancing Horse – Based on a Spad XIII fown by aristocratic ace and gentleman Francesco Baracca and carrying his family’s coat of arms. This coat of arms was later presented to a young Italian Motor racing nut by Baracca’s mother…….. and its graced every Ferrari since.

The skins are already sorted into folders. So all you need to do is unzip the file “Holliwood Moths”, double click on it and then copy and paste the folder “Skins” into your Documents/1C Softclub/IL Stirmovik Cliff of Dover/Paintschemes Folder (do not open the paint schemes folder just paste into it).

Both blue and red skins will be available in the A1 and A2 version. Note that the A2 3D model is different from the regular moth and A1. This means many skins made of the original model will not fit well on the A2. Most skins in this pack differ in their layout between the models to ensure a decent result.

Acknowledgments

I would like to thank the Academy, my agent, my parents. the producers, all the other nominees and Checkmysix for his template, TFS (Major Setback?) for the Default skins on which all the skins were hung, the internet for providing inspiration, the Lozenge pattern, the Gothic markings, the Hat in the ring and Edelweiss emblems and last but not least Jester for his IL2 1946 layered weathering template that I upscaled.

ATAG_Lewis
Jan-07-2018, 18:49
This looks like a whole world of fun...Just imagine...Dogfighting with these against the red baron and his crew...

Good job Bluto!

...Lew...

ATAG_Scones
Jan-07-2018, 19:14
Wow, Boo!

Excellent work, mate!

:salute: