PDA

View Full Version : Highseas Tour VII: Part DUH!!

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-08-2018, 20:50
MONDAY 22 January 20:00 UK Time

It's Tour VII Part DUH!

We continue from Shoreham.... up the River Adur, west an bit and down the River Arun, check out Arundel Castle before we head to Ford for the HIGHSEAS TRAVELLING AIRSHOW !

(by which I mean mass catastrophe)

I guess we ought to honour tradition and include a mulitiple scream for the sky and simultaneos bailout....

After that it's on with the Tour, round the Isle of White with some chat an banter, and then up Southampton Water to Stone Henge.

and if anyone is still hungry for more... well... there is always the 21 million gun salute back at Buckingham Palace... but as ever it's a school night... so... we will see

Original Post follows:

OK... So we only actually got as far as Shoreham.

So... looks like we have to have Tour VII: Part Duh!!

We will continue along our merry little way... but LO !! ... what is this I see just west of Shoreham?!

Oh my oh my... its Ford !

Once again... we attempt to take to the skys... and actually get to Stone Henge... but this time with another "Ford Fiesta" Airshow to navigate on the way.

(but we are going to see Arundell Castle before it decends into chaos this time)

I hope

and maybe we start an hour earlier next time !!

Details will follow :salute:

ATAG_Laser
Jan-09-2018, 01:26
Great fun last night seas,

Thanks for organising these tours buddy.

I have taken vids, so hopefully get those processed and to youtube as soon as time allows.

Already looking forward to the next installment :salute:

DerDa
Jan-09-2018, 02:25
'So... looks like we have to have Tour VII: Part Duh!!'

YES PLEASE!!!

'and maybe we start an hour earlier next time !!'

YES PLEASE!!!

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-09-2018, 02:56
Another good tour (part of) last night.

Had to leave before getting to Shoreham but many thanks Seas and all who participated. The camaraderie and fun to be found in our community never ceases to amaze me.

Long may it continue.

Here's to Part DUH!!! :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

Retemataeng
Jan-09-2018, 03:20
Yes, it was a blast.
My first time in the Moth and the Spit and I enjoyed both, especially the Spit.

Top "achievements":
- destroyed more british planes than ever before in my 109
- did more damage to London than any bombing raid cold

:)

Thanks to everybody, especially those who gave the hints, that allowed me to get off the ground.

And of course I will be in Part 2 if time permits.

No.119_Bruv
Jan-09-2018, 09:19
If I'm not working or otherwise engaged on the date and time forthcoming I'll be there for sure!

ATAG_Scones
Jan-09-2018, 10:15
Thanks to 'Seas for putting on the event, and to all who took part.

Exceedingly good fun! What brilliant way of bringing members of the community together.

Part Duh! oh, yes!

:salute:

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-09-2018, 11:01
Great stuff as usual, Seas!

One of the things that was brilliant was listening to the new guys getting so excited and reminding us all (as if we needed it) that this is such a brilliant sim! I also really enjoyed flying the new (and surely improved?) Tiger Moth.

Thanks for organising....sorry I had to leave early. My ground crew required a little 'maintenance!' Ha ha! :thumbsup:

Retemataeng
Jan-09-2018, 12:18
Great stuff as usual, Seas!

One of the things that was brilliant was listening to the new guys getting so excited and reminding us all (as if we needed it) that this is such a brilliant sim! I also really enjoyed flying the new (and surely improved?) Tiger Moth.

Thanks for organising....sorry I had to leave early. My ground crew required a little 'maintenance!' Ha ha! :thumbsup:

Being one of "the new guys", I fully agree with your statement. I am not only new to CloD, but also to flight sims in general. And CloD *is great:
- great community, that has been very welcoming to me and just a bunch of great chaps to spend time with
- great selection of war time period and planes, depicted from a time, when opponents where more or less evenly matched, although different in capabilities. Thus, no "batlle rating", "matchmaking" and FM tweaks.
- many servers, missions, lobby maps and stuff to play and practice.
- just "enough" realism and complexity, to make the game accessible but not a stupid arcade thing.

That being said, I'm here to stay. This is going to be a new hobby for me - just as anticipated.

Kayo
Jan-09-2018, 12:53
Oh, great news. Another chance for me, hope this time I can make it.

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-09-2018, 13:03
Being one of "the new guys", I fully agree with your statement. I am not only new to CloD, but also to flight sims in general. And CloD *is great:
- great community, that has been very welcoming to me and just a bunch of great chaps to spend time with
- great selection of war time period and planes, depicted from a time, when opponents where more or less evenly matched, although different in capabilities. Thus, no "batlle rating", "matchmaking" and FM tweaks.
- just "enough" realism and complexity, to make the game accessible but not a stupid arcade thing.

That being said, I'm here to stay. This is going to be a new hobby for me - just as anticipated.

Sounds exactly like where I was 2 years ago !

Hit in the face with WHOAAAA!!!!!!!!

amazingly it doesn't wear off !

:thumbsup:

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-09-2018, 13:17

Great stuff, Retemataeng! Another bullseye for Highseas and his Tours! Fantastic that you are having such a good time! See you around! Salute! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-09-2018, 13:17
Why hang around eh... ?

Let's get this thing done before February hits !

First post updated with info.

Retemataeng
Jan-09-2018, 13:58
Great stuff, Retemataeng! Another bullseye for Highseas and his Tours! Fantastic that you are having such a good time! See you around! Salute! :thumbsup:

Yes, right on the spot. Stuff like the tour last night are exactly my kind of humor and I enjoyed every minute. In terms of community, I need to give credit, where credit is due - the guys from JG4 have been very helpful in getting my through my first steps and still are by flying with me and giving instructions. This all adds up.
Likewise, the wealth of resources available on their website and of course here is immensely valuable for newbies like me. Not to mention the effort, the TF team is putting into the game.
The game does have a long, hard and steep learning curve. Having fun while getting through this keeps you going.

Ah, and by the way: 22.1 looks promising, I think I will make it :salute:

LuseKofte
Jan-10-2018, 12:11
Sorry could not attend the one last monday, I simply could not get my system to work, late at home from work, so there where just no time and energy for a flight. However I like to attempt being there this time

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-11-2018, 11:55
Hello LuseKofte.

Sorry you missed last Monday but real life comes first.

Hope you can make it for Part DUH! It is great fun and a good way to meet other pilots.

See you on the 22nd January, 20:00 hrs UK Time and normally on ATAG server 2. :thumbsup:

LuseKofte
Jan-11-2018, 12:11
Kind of lazy, I am about to decide for a new PC and gotten a bit lazy with my old. I fell asleep on the chair after dinner whne home two hours before the event. Outside in wet snowdrift and wind for 12 hours get to you when back in the heat, getting too old for my job apparently :grandpa
What have life come to? sleeping before flying :S

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-11-2018, 13:35
Sorry could not attend the one last monday, I simply could not get my system to work, late at home from work, so there where just no time and energy for a flight. However I like to attempt being there this time

I was actually late myself after a spot of Computie-Calamitie....!

ZeroXIII
Jan-15-2018, 05:16
Missed out on part 1 but count me in on this one, always love a good AirHighseas tour.

LuseKofte
Jan-16-2018, 02:23
Sorry for not attending yesterday, Got the flu

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-16-2018, 02:45
Sorry for not attending yesterday, Got the flu

That's ok.... Its not until next Monday!

rontaila
Jan-18-2018, 08:24
Can you find a place for a newcomer?:recon:

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-18-2018, 10:14
Hi rontaila!

Just turn up on the server at the stated time, say 'Hi' on TS and come and have some fun.

All are welcome.

Look forward to meeting you online. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-18-2018, 10:21

Yeah... definately !

Just rock up at 21:00 ! :salute:

Retemataeng
Jan-18-2018, 11:43

Absolutely. I'm a newbie to CloD and flight sims in general, just barely being able to fly a 109. I have never been in a Tiger Moth, Hurri or Spit before and the guys quickly got me off the ground by telling me the most basic procedure possible. Once you're off the ground, the fun starts.

And trust me, fun it is! Just join - the chaps are a delightful bunch and the event worth every minute.

By the way, "landing in an orderly manner" is DEFINITELY not part of the event :P
You'll wreck more planes than ever before. Which is kinda the whole point of the event.

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-18-2018, 11:51
A
You'll wreck more planes than ever before. Which is kinda the whole point of the event.

No it isn't !!

It's a cultural event based around the exploration and enjoyment of the English Countryside culminating in a flyby of Stone Henge... a homage if you will to the ancient as viewed from the present (1940).

Oh and also the bit when we get to Ford and simultaneously perform our own one man airshow presentations...

:D

Retemataeng
Jan-18-2018, 12:20
No it isn't !!

It's a cultural event based around the exploration and enjoyment of the English Countryside culminating in a flyby of Stone Henge... a homage if you will to the ancient as viewed from the present (1940).

Oh and also the bit when we get to Ford and simultaneously perform our own one man airshow presentations...

Oh, then I got it all wrong and have to apologize. Must have been "cultural and language differences". Being German, that can happen.

Or, to quote The Greatest(TM)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!"

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-18-2018, 13:20
Oh, then I got it all wrong and have to apologize. Must have been "cultural and language differences". Being German, that can happen.

Or, to quote The Greatest(TM)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!"

The very soundtrack to my life !! :D

EDIT: The first bit... not the eels !!

Bonditaria
Jan-18-2018, 17:54
No it isn't !!

Highseas or High Seas, its "Stonehenge" not "Stone Henge". Cultural event my arse.

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-18-2018, 18:28
Highseas or High Seas, its "Stonehenge" not "Stone Henge". Cultural event my arse.

You is like well too pedanty to be like turnin up on one on my tours an that.

Innit tho?

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-22-2018, 10:14
So... 8pm then.

Fingers crossed on the map. Plan is still tge dame. Fly out of shoreham.... Go see arundel castle via the River Adur and the River Arun...

Then its an airshow at Ford... And then Beufighters to the Isle of White and the demolition of Stone Henge.

Not sure who tweaked the map last time out... But do feel free to bend it into shape again!:doh:

DerDa
Jan-22-2018, 11:54
So its 8 pm in HighSeasLand ...
or in Timbuktu as well, as far as this goes.

Which would mean 10 in the evening if I was in Ankara.
Or 1:30 in the Night at Dehli ... just after lunch at Albuquerque ...
or 10 am at Bora Bora where I feel I should be now.
But then I would have to start my breakfast in the hammock and would miss the tour.

So I stay at home and will be there at nine ... or maybe viertel Zehn :D

LuseKofte
Jan-22-2018, 12:07
What plane will we be flying.

OOOo Beufighters , got it

farley
Jan-22-2018, 12:11
Seas, Seas, Seas.......

Please arrange your tours so they will be at 2000 for all of us.

Some can't make it at that hour because we work, and others, like Pattle for example, need their beauty sleep and so can't get up.

You are obviously a person of great power and influence, so speak to the greater power and have the time zones tweaked so we can all have a go at a tour.

Thanks in advance for taking care of this untimely matter in a timely fashion.....

I will be there at 2000 my time (and after you are done with your fixing, all of our time), and expect to see it starting then! At the moment it's only a five hour difference, so surely you can set that up.:D

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-22-2018, 13:11
What plane will we be flying.

OOOo Beufighters , got it
yeah... starting in fighters... then switching to beaus after the "air show"

farley
Jan-22-2018, 14:55
Can't make it:ind:, but have fun ya'll:thumbsup:

Kayo
Jan-22-2018, 17:24
Thanks for today, great show!

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-22-2018, 18:14
Thanks for today, great show!

Glad you enjoyed it !

We only just stopped...

hit London all over again ! :salute:

ATAG_Scones
Jan-22-2018, 18:42
Thanks for organizing the event, Seas.

And thanks to Vamps for providing some target practice by way of the Ju 88 bombers.

Had a blast!

Some of the scenery was amazing.

Shame about the stuttering, which happened now and then; the event was nonetheless great fun.

PhoenixCNE
Jan-22-2018, 19:39
Thank you all, couldn't be a more welcoming bunch! Thank you to Highseas as well for going through the trouble to organize things .... err unorganize things .. whatever. Had a good ole time, now maybe I'll know which direction to head when locations are called out on coms. Plus I finally had TS notifier working so got to put some names to voices lol. Hope to fly with you all again soon!

DerDa
Jan-23-2018, 02:23
Thanks again for a great evening!
Apart from the usual fooling around, attacking the bombers with all those Beaus was a quite impressing sight to see.
Maybe next time we should have some ground target and a dozen Beaufighters all line abreast just for the fireworks ...

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-23-2018, 03:13
Another fun filled Highseas Tour.

Thanks for DISorganising it mate. Hehe!

Great to see some new pilots taking part and also many of the regulars. Thanks for participating guys and hope to see you all on the next one. :thumbsup:

LuseKofte
Jan-23-2018, 12:19
Great event, got disconnected a couple of times, last one made me quit for the night

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-23-2018, 12:33
Bad luck with the disconnects Lusekofte but glad you were able to make it and enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Laser
Jan-23-2018, 15:20
Yes, it was another fun night on server #2 last night.

Thanks again seas for organising these events.

Your sightseeing tours are evenings I always look forward to participating in, and I am sure that goes for many others too.

Also, thank you Colander for flipping the map on server #2 to one that was more suitable for the tour.

I will be sure to upload a video or two when I get the chance to edit/ upload my Ntrk footage :salute:

LuseKofte
Jan-23-2018, 16:14
I appreciate every oppurtunity to fly the Beufighter without getting shot down, but 2 out of 3 attempts on hangar fly through ended in a burning pile . I have some sort of driver issue I cannot figure out, or more correctly not bothered with. I am about to buy a new rig, so not motivated. Anyway Time to fly decrease , any opurtunity is a pleasure, even with disconnect.
I hope one day I can deddicate myself to this, join a squad and do real flying. I am dead man flying these days in multiplayer

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-23-2018, 16:26
I appreciate every oppurtunity to fly the Beufighter without getting shot down, but 2 out of 3 attempts on hangar fly through ended in a burning pile . I have some sort of driver issue I cannot figure out, or more correctly not bothered with. I am about to buy a new rig, so not motivated. Anyway Time to fly decrease , any opurtunity is a pleasure, even with disconnect.
I hope one day I can deddicate myself to this, join a squad and do real flying. I am dead man flying these days in multiplayer

Dead man flying !! Ha ! Yeah... me too !!

It's good to just wing up on occasion and just mess about.

Enjoy the planes as planes. See a bit of countryside. Just basically relax and have a bit of fun with it.

Pure combat all the time is perhaps not the best for morale... unless you are an ace... and I am most certainly not that. !!

Retemataeng
Jan-24-2018, 06:08
I enjoyed the flight quite a bit. Hooling around the airfield, flying for sightseeing some of the modelled sites (and bombing/strafing them) was great fun.

Best of all, I start getting a clue about flying the Spit in a proper manner, including correct prop pitch/throttle management.

I am already looking forward to the next event ;)

rontaila
Jan-24-2018, 08:29
Seas ,thanks for the opportunity to fly together, it was fun and we met a part of those who knock us over the canal

Dan & Sebi:thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-24-2018, 09:18
Seas ,thanks for the opportunity to fly together, it was fun and we met a part of those who knock us over the canal

Dan & Sebi:thumbsup:

Was good to have you chaps along for the ride :salute:

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-24-2018, 11:40
Well done, Seas! these Highsea's Tours are now an established part of ATAG life.

I love the way that they encourage new lads to come and fly and find out 'how we tick.' I think you're right in that the intensity of combat flying can be discouraging for new pilots getting on team Speak for a first time. They may feel that they don't want to interrupt vets when they are in full cooperation mode. I've often just kept quiet myself because the channel is obviously busy and lives are at stake!

And all the new chaps coming on the Tours have been brilliant guys and assets to the Community...so hat's off to Seas! Salute!:thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-24-2018, 17:43
I shamelessly asked Laser if he got this footage:

https://youtu.be/mCD9-LWetN4

Cheers Lase! :salute:

ATAG_Laser
Jan-24-2018, 18:13
Glad I managed to find it for you mate :thumbsup:

Will upload some more footage from the tour when I get the chance.
Bear with me though chaps, got a busy few days ahead :salute: