PDA

View Full Version : KeyCaptcha installed

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-01-2013, 19:17
After spending weeks of dealing with relentless spam, I've installed a new anti-spam to the forums. It's an interactive puzzle solving thingy, so if a robot is gonna register, it at least must be a smart one :D

Hopefully the spam will go way down.

Thanks everyone who continues to report spam posts. It's much appreciated! :salute:

ATAG_Slipstream
Jan-01-2013, 19:51
Nice work Bliss,

I seen a guy spamming the hell out of here the other day. Snapper must have his house alarm rigged to the report button because he was on within seconds and had it all cleared up again.

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-01-2013, 21:04
Thanks to all of you that reported the various spam attacks -- including you, Slippy! :thumbsup: (Actually, I do get an email notification when one of you report it.) Thanks to Recoil, I can now use my iPad or even my iPhone with his nifty website. Most of my spam clean ups have been done from the road this way. Even more importantly, I can first ban the spam 'bot immediately to stop him cold from posting any more threads & posts.

:shoot:

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-01-2013, 21:12
Snapper,

If you click on a spam post, then under moderation you should have the option to "delete posts as spam". This will bring up another window asking if you want to delete all of the user's posts (this is the key!) and makes it simple. Then obviously, click the ban and be done with the bot.

But if you ban beforehand I think you will be deleting all their posts manually (which is a pain).

Just FYI....