PDA

View Full Version : Blitz and Windows 10

alpine
Jan-16-2018, 18:28
Windows updated on me the other day and caused quite a bit of chaos. I have installed CLOD Blitz from steam twice and no joy.

When I click the blitz icon on my desktop or go into teamspeak to join the server all I get is the graphic in the attachment.

Have tried a number of other suggestions but can't even get out of the starting gate, btw its a 64 bit system, old graphics card but prior to Christmas, ran well enough to keep me entertained for years.

Any basic suggestions gratefully accepted. Don't think I'll be able to do much about win 10, I'm stuck with it.

Cheers

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-16-2018, 18:50
Possibly DirectX issue? I can't really see the error behind the Blitz logo. Have you tried reinstalling DirectX files?

alpine
Jan-16-2018, 19:01
Possibly DirectX issue? I can't really see the error behind the Blitz logo. Have you tried reinstalling DirectX files?

I have, that was my first thought too, currently have direct x 12.

alpine
Feb-14-2018, 14:03
I have, that was my first thought too, currently have direct x 12.

Have tried a number of solutions, no joy. Made the mistake of trying to upgrade my video card the other day. Too rich for my blood. Might have to wait until the bit coin mining craze bubble whatever bursts. For now, I'm grounded...

Scrodes
Mar-02-2018, 13:37
Have tried a number of solutions, no joy. Made the mistake of trying to upgrade my video card the other day. Too rich for my blood. Might have to wait until the bit coin mining craze bubble whatever bursts. For now, I'm grounded...

I have this same issue and it's infuriating. I'm running Windows 7 though.

If you run dxdiag.exe it will show that you have Directx 11, but if you click on the display tab it will (likely) show your ddi as 10.

The usual remedy for this would be to update your video card drivers.

I have updated mine and can't get it to detect anything other than ddi 10 - which is apparently what causes the issue.

To make matters even more infuriating, I can't join any of the rooms via Hyperlobby (For 1946) It won't let me double click any of the active rooms.