PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 COD, BOM, BOS and other on sale

Tumbler
Feb-15-2018, 17:42
They're celebrating Chinese new year with some nice discounts. I might even consider BoS...

Battle of Moscow - 50% OFF
Battle of Stalingrad – 50% OFF
Cliffs of Dover BLITZ - 25% OFF (Steam, website)
All Rise of Flight content is 66% OFF both on Steam and ROF website.

https://il2sturmovik.com/informburo/0c5a56eaca0c4a66b666528c5bc62987/ff9d00bdbfab592db0a7a527789cc5b0/

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Feb-15-2018, 22:45
Hmm that might be just what would get me to get BoS... considering most heavily at the moment.

ATAG_((dB))
Feb-16-2018, 05:16
Do it Kiwi it's fun

Tumbler
Feb-16-2018, 05:31
Do it Kiwi it's fun

How do COD en BOS compare?

DerDa
Feb-16-2018, 06:09
How do COD en BOS compare?

Basically just a matter of taste.
Both have their own strenghts and are owned by the same company, so there is no sense in fighting about which one is 'better'.
BoX has a somewhat simpler start up procedure (just press 'i' and the rest is done automatically by the game). FM, DM, landscape and effects are very good with both, some like BoX better, some CloD.

I own CloD and BoS but never use BoS. Personally I don't like the FM in BoX and I have no interest in the Eastern front (wouldn't know which side to fly for). And CloD/ATAG community is just something very special. But again: these are just my personal preferences.
If you can afford it get them all and try for yourself :)

ATAG_Highseas
Feb-16-2018, 06:30
Basically just a matter of taste.
Both have their own strenghts and are owned by the same company, so there is no sense in fighting about which one is 'better'.
BoX has a somewhat simpler start up procedure (just press 'i' and the rest is done automatically by the game). FM, DM, landscape and effects are very good with both, some like BoX better, some CloD.

I own CloD and BoS but never use BoS. Personally I don't like the FM in BoX and I have no interest in the Eastern front (wouldn't know which side to fly for). And CloD/ATAG community is just something very special. But again: these are just my personal preferences.
If you can afford it get them all and try for yourself :)

I'd echo that. BoS is a great flight sim.

But I spend all my flight time over the channel.

It's the theatre I'm most interested in, and has the planes I'm most interested in.

Also I only really play multiplayer and it's where my buddies fly... so thats a huge part of it.

I do intend to get the WWI offering that is on the 1C horizon though... thats a plane set I'm also keen on !

with the current special offers though.... its a great time to buy.

1lokos
Feb-16-2018, 10:32
BoX has a somewhat simpler start up procedure (just press 'i' and the rest is done automatically by the game).

Ironically this represents ONE action less than in CloD (turn fuel ON, press 'I'), and more ironically in Bo'X all animations relative to engine start procedure is modeled, e.g. primer fuel, set levers, turn on circuits, etc... :stunned: In a improbable hypothesis of in the future they want introduce a "complex engine start" is just matter to program commands for player interact.

SharkBait
Feb-16-2018, 10:46
Ironically this represents ONE action less than in CloD (turn fuel ON, press 'I'), and more ironically in Bo'X all animations relative to engine start procedure is modeled, e.g. primer fuel, set levers, turn on circuits, etc... :stunned: In a improbable hypothesis of in the future they want introduce a "complex engine start" is just matter to program commands for player interact.

I would actually love that. I'm sure it won't be difficult for them to allow us to go through the start-up procedures, if everything is modeled already. I know engine start-up procedures are not that special once you know how to do them and have done them dozens of times, but for some odd reason I'd like having the option. This is partly why I'm enjoying DCS right now (and the fact that I can fly the P-51... though when IL-2: Bodenplatte comes out and they allow us to do the start-up procedures myself, I'm sure I'll get sucked right in).

Arthursmedley
Feb-16-2018, 20:53
Good fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl7nSWoiP8&feature=youtu.be

ATAG_Freya
Feb-16-2018, 22:29
Was there a Ju-52 for this? I can't seem to find any info about that, as well as how/where to get the kuban stuff?

No.401_Wolverine
Feb-16-2018, 23:29
Was there a Ju-52 for this? I can't seem to find any info about that, as well as how/where to get the kuban stuff?

There is a Ju-52. All can be had from the website:

Ju-52 is here: https://il2sturmovik.com/store/collector-planes/

Kuban is here: https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-kuban/

ATAG_Freya
Feb-16-2018, 23:43
I wasn't clicking 'store' :doh: Still learning to use the internets..

Now I see it. Holy cats Bodenplatte, plate, whatever!! That looks interesting. To say the least.

TY
~S~

ATAG_SKUD
Feb-17-2018, 01:28
In a improbable hypothesis of in the future they want introduce a "complex engine start" is just matter to program commands for player interact.

Hopefully not too improbable...This would be cool:thumbsup:
:salute:
Skud

Arthursmedley
Feb-17-2018, 05:17
Was there a Ju-52 for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SNJwK8Lfc

Tumbler
Feb-17-2018, 08:28
[...]
Holy cats Bodenplatte, plate, whatever!! That looks interesting. To say the least.
[...]
Good remark! Nearly forgot "Note: On Steam, customers must first purchase Battle of Stalingrad if they wish to purchase Battle of Bodenplatte."
https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/

Bought BoS right away! Looking forward flying the Tempest or Thunderbolt and strafing ground targets!

ATAG_Freya
Feb-17-2018, 10:23
Good remark! Nearly forgot "Note: On Steam, customers must first purchase Battle of Stalingrad if they wish to purchase Battle of Bodenplatte."

Bought BoS right away! Looking forward flying the Tempest or Thunderbolt and strafing ground targets!

Except that on steam, all I can find available is the base game (BOS) and BOmoscow, and some extra a/c. No Ju52/kuban/or any mention of bodenplatte. So my next question is - if someone has just BOS through steam, can the stuff bought direct from the site 'store' (not steam) jive with the steam install? Or is this like DCS where we should have avoided using steam in the first place..?

PreyStalker
Feb-17-2018, 10:42
I added the Yak 1b collector plane from the store yesterday and it appeared in my BOS game.

The BOS game was bought on Steam.

Kuban and Bodenplatte aren't officially released yet and are only available from the store. I would imagine the content is just added to your base game in the same way the collector plane was.

Prey

Tumbler
Feb-17-2018, 10:44
Except that on steam, all I can find available is the base game (BOS) and BOmoscow, and some extra a/c. No Ju52/kuban/or any mention of bodenplatte. So my next question is - if someone has just BOS through steam, can the stuff bought direct from the site 'store' (not steam) jive with the steam install? Or is this like DCS where we should have avoided using steam in the first place..?
Hmm dunno. As far as I know, BoS is the base game and BoM, BoK and also BoB are additional packages.

Although the wording below seems to suggest a stand-alone version could also be available.
“IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Bodenplatte is part of the IL-2 Great Battles series and can be played as a separate stand-alone product or be integrated with other Great Battles titles such as Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow or Battle of Kuban. Combine all titles to create one big WWII air-combat simulation with both Eastern and Western Fronts depicted.

Note: On Steam, customers must first purchase Battle of Stalingrad if they wish to purchase Battle of Bodenplatte.”

BoB is not yet released, testing starts in spring this year (yeah that could be June), no word of the actual release. Preorder is possible, giving also access to this early access (open beta).
“Buy now and take advantage of our Pre-Order discount ($10 OFF) and get guaranteed admission to the Early Access program and fly these planes as soon as they are ready! Early Access is scheduled to begin Spring 2018.”

Arthursmedley
Feb-17-2018, 11:12

You can mix and match stuff bought from the Store or from Steam. Don't buy it from anywhere else though. Advantagesof buying from the store instead of Steam? As you know, only BoS, BoM and some collector planes available from Steam at the moment as Steam only has stuff that has been officially released.

Everything else can be found on the website store pages. Game updates are released on Steam slightly later than through the store exec and if you buy through Steam then Valve gets to keep around 30% of the transaction. Thats 30% that dosen't go to the devs to plough back into game development.:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkdMivwqFU

Tumbler
Feb-17-2018, 14:20
You can mix and match stuff bought from the Store or from Steam. Don't buy it from anywhere else though. Advantagesof buying from the store instead of Steam? As you know, only BoS, BoM and some collector planes available from Steam at the moment as Steam only has stuff that has been officially released.

Everything else can be found on the website store pages. Game updates are released on Steam slightly later than through the store exec and if you buy through Steam then Valve gets to keep around 30% of the transaction. Thats 30% that dosen't go to the devs to plough back into game development.:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkdMivwqFU
Ah, just read the store page it bit more carefully, and BoS, BoM and also future BoK and BoB will be standalone games if you buy them in the Il-2 store? You only need BoS as a base game if your purchase everything on steam?

ATAG_Freya
Feb-17-2018, 20:41
So...lets say someone wanted to log in to the store, but couldn't remember their password. Then that someone was persistently taking guesses at it for say 8-9 times then when they finally clicked 'forgot password' the site wouldn't load for them - AT ALL. Do you think that the BOS site would then block said persons IP and not allow that forum or store page to even load on the browser? And if they did, would they let that person in again? I ask cause I have this friend who just wanted a ju-52 to fly...:D

?

Arthursmedley
Feb-17-2018, 21:30
?

Oh dear.

'Fraid I have no idea whether the site would ban by IP for something like that. I would imagine the best way for your (cough) friend to proceed would be to try the reset password option the following day - after rebooting his pc.

If this brings no joy then I'd contact support here

https://il2sturmovik.com/support/

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Feb-18-2018, 00:21
Bit the bullet and got BoS. Download now 500MB in out of 6.64GB... which has taken an hour already. :dazed!:

ATAG_Freya
Feb-18-2018, 20:52
Oh dear.

'Fraid I have no idea whether the site would ban by IP for something like that. I would imagine the best way for your (cough) friend to proceed would be to try the reset password option the following day - after rebooting his pc.

If this brings no joy then I'd contact support here

https://il2sturmovik.com/support/

OK - 24 hour lockout, it seems. All good now :thumbsup:

Tumbler
Feb-19-2018, 03:44
Bit the bullet and got BoS. Download now 500MB in out of 6.64GB... which has taken an hour already. :dazed!:
Got myself BoS Premium and enjoyed a spin in the Fw-190! The price was in dollars, which is really nice now here in Europe :) Downloading took forever indeed and need to configure all key mappings. But strafing moving ground targets was really nice!

Tumbler
Apr-02-2018, 17:24
And again some nice discounts:

Bos - 16,99 USD
BoM - 24,99 USD

And some plane on sale. Sadly not the Spitfire MkVb