PDA

View Full Version : MY mouse stopped controling things.

MD_Gunshy
Jan-07-2013, 15:09
I was reassigning some keys in the in game controls tab with my joystick and all of a sudden my mouse no longer moves anything around. Ive tried everything. Perhaps there is a left mouse assignment key somewhere that I cant find. Any help would be greatly appriciated.:thumbsup:

Thanks, Gunny

IonicRipper
Jan-07-2013, 16:05
Did you make a save of the original controls before you started playing with them? I remember doing the same mistake the first time. Let me know by PM if you need, i saved a copy of the stock controls.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-07-2013, 17:05
So the mouse won't move in the menu section, in game, or both?

In game do u see the mouse pointer? F10 toggles it I believe.

MD_Gunshy
Jan-07-2013, 18:34
i can bring my curser over to the controls and they will highlight but for example, fuel cock or radiator will not open. This happened while i was reassigning my trigger to the cannon and machine gun. When i turn off steam cloud, the mouse works but i would to reassign all my keys. Very strange thing though, when i scroll all the way down to the bottom of the aircraft tab in control section, where it says mouse control, I cannot input "left Mouse" as the hot key. I can use any key but my mouse.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-07-2013, 18:52
i can bring my curser over to the controls and they will highlight but for example, fuel cock or radiator will not open. This happened while i was reassigning my trigger to the cannon and machine gun. When i turn off steam cloud, the mouse works but i would to reassign all my keys. Very strange thing though, when i scroll all the way down to the bottom of the aircraft tab in control section, where it says mouse control, I cannot input "left Mouse" as the hot key. I can use any key but my mouse.

Strange - so it sounds like you've lost your left mouse click while in game? But you can use it on the controls screen right?

MD_Gunshy
Jan-07-2013, 19:03
yes, it works no problem everywhere else. When I turn off steam cloud, start up the game, it will work but at a loss of all my other controls, cant seem to be able to change the "mouse control" to left mouse in controls menu under aircraft.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-07-2013, 19:23
Ok - this should be an easy fix.

1st - make a copy of your controls config then change the name of it. Gunshy.ini for example. That way steam cloud can not touch your controls. When you go back into game you should be able to "load" your newly copied/edited controls named Gunshy.ini or whatever you call it.

2ndly - I've attached my controls config. Search inside that config and make sure you have all the same mouse instances that I do. Just use a search for "mouse" within the file and make sure you have the same instances of the mouse that I do.

Let me know if that works for you!

MD_Gunshy
Jan-08-2013, 00:39
Thanks for all your help. Seems that now I have all the controls back but now i dont have any cockpit view and my planes are all miss shaped as if im in very low detail mode. My f1 key no longer puts me in the cockpit. I've reverified integrety and still no joy. I will keep playing around must be something simple.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-08-2013, 00:47
:pcsux:

Bummer! Well one thing you could always do as well: move your control configs completely out of the game folder. Then you can start the sim and it will rebuild the default one's for you with the default key bindings. You may be able to look at the default compared to your modified controls ini and see your problem, or you may just have to rebind everything :(

MD_Gunshy
Jan-08-2013, 00:51
Thanks for all your help. Seems that now I have all the controls back but now i dont have any cockpit view and my planes are all miss shaped as if im in very low detail mode. My f1 key no longer puts me in the cockpit. I've reverified integrety and still no joy. I will keep playing around must be something simple.

Strange, my pilots are gone, you know the ones that u can change their pants,hat,jacket....ect the figures, they are gone along with my cockpit and why the 2 d planes all of a sudden:(

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-08-2013, 00:53
Hmm - go to steam/games library/ right click on IL2COD/ properties/ verify integrity of game files. Then restart the sim.

ATAG_Headshot
Jan-08-2013, 07:37
Strange, my pilots are gone, you know the ones that u can change their pants,hat,jacket....ect the figures, they are gone along with my cockpit and why the 2 d planes all of a sudden:(

I had this happen to me as well. All my controls got reassigned, then I got the 2d planes and no textures etc. I hate to say it but the only way I got it going again was to fully uninstall the game then start with a fresh install and redo all the controls and settings from scratch. Apparently this has something to do with the steam cloud. It's better to just turn off steam cloud and manually save your profile.

VO101_Tom
Jan-09-2013, 05:08
Guys, if the controls suddenly stop working, but seems nothing wrong, the first thing you need check the anthropomorph control under the realism settings. If you fly online, this option switched off, but offline, if you set "full realism" ON it will be "on".

This settings simulate, that the pilot have two arm, and able to operate only two thing in the same time. The problem is the PC controllers give many false signals, which ruin the whole system.

MD_Gunshy
Jan-09-2013, 06:28
Well thanks to all your suggestions. I finally got sorted after trying all your recomendations. I ended up doing a system restore and that straightened everything out. Thanks again. Now if i could only finish a mission on ATAG and view my debriefing without the debriefing screen locking up my game to where i have to restart, Id be gin:D:D:D