PDA

View Full Version : What is the current plan for VR?

Cdrseabee
Apr-09-2018, 10:47
Couldn't find anything posted recently.

Thanks

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-09-2018, 10:56
We'd like to have VR but will not delay the release of 5.0 for it. If it happens to be ready when 5.0 is ready, then it will be included. If it isn't ready, then it will be released as something like 5.1 or something similar.

Cdrseabee
Apr-09-2018, 11:01
OK. Will Blitz be in VR with 5.0/Tobruk?

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-09-2018, 11:54
Yes once VR is implemented it will work in the entire game, be it on Tobruk or the channel.

Blitzen
Apr-16-2018, 11:31
VR has been so good in BoX ..but I am really waiting for it to be working here for the new Mods as well...I'm just sayin'...:thumbsup:

Stickshaker
Apr-27-2018, 10:02
I liked the original CoD very much, but I only fly in VR now (I don’t even have a proper monitor for simflying any more), so I am eagerly awaiting Blitz with VR. When reading this post, I was wondering what the ‘showstoppers’ are for VR in Blitz. Plans for VR have been around for some time, but to me it seems like it keeps slipping further into the future. It was not even mentioned in the two-part series about Blitz in PC Pilot. Is VR simply a low priority or are there roadblocks? I think I am wondering whether VR in Blitz is a certainty that will come eventually, or just an option that may or may not make it into the sim.
Best regards,
Stickshaker

♣_Spiritus_♣
Apr-27-2018, 11:33
Will take a ton of code work, optimization, and also checking the 3d cockpit models and correcting some if needed, which is not an easy task. We still want to do it and it is still planned, but we won't delay 5.0 for it.

Stickshaker
Apr-27-2018, 15:10
Thank you, S_M. I had no idea that it involved so much rework.