PDA

View Full Version : Post Scriptum Release - What to Expect

ATAG_Vampire
May-12-2018, 13:15
Good video from Luetin explaining what to expect from Post Scriptum.

https://youtu.be/W-sA0zZB5so

o7 :salute:

ATAG_Ribbs
May-16-2018, 20:46
I'm thinking we need to put together a squad for this!.. Seas can be the human shield!:D

ATAG_Highseas
May-17-2018, 08:13
Seas can be the human shield!:D

I can't see that working particularly well.

I'm a pretty two dimensional character.

If I turn sideways you will have nothing much to hide behind.

ATAG_Knuckles
May-17-2018, 10:35
im up for a squad. and you all can hide behind me im crippled and can't run

ATAG_Highseas
May-17-2018, 16:43
im up for a squad. and you all can hide behind me im crippled and can't run

I can run.

But I can't hide.

Unless (as mentioned) I turn sideways

We'd be awesome... !!

:D

ATAG_Scones
May-17-2018, 18:22
Vamps, Knuckles, Ribbs, and 'Seas - what a fantastic squad!

You guys are going to have a blast!

My interest is piqued and I'm wondering how many ATAG members are putting squads together for this.

ATAG_Knuckles
May-17-2018, 19:15
Question: Do we even need a specific Squad. or just a designated team speak Chanel or will Post Scriptum have its own in game comms?

ATAG_Ribbs
May-17-2018, 23:36
I think our biggest hurdle is time zone differences. We never get to fly together so I'm not sure how we could team up in this game..haha @ Knuckles... I don't think you have to have a squad but it will help.

ATAG_Highseas
May-18-2018, 03:35
I just pre purchased. Let the freestyle mayhem roll!

:salute:

ATAG_Knuckles
May-18-2018, 09:26
any new info on release. originally state th 18th. then the 23rd ??

ATAG_Highseas
May-18-2018, 09:30

I will see your 23rd and....

raise you...... 5

28th....

ATAG_Knuckles
May-18-2018, 09:55
I will see your 23rd and....

raise you...... 5

28th....

Agreed

ATAG_Vampire
May-18-2018, 10:46
Vamps, Knuckles, Ribbs, and 'Seas - what a fantastic squad!

You guys are going to have a blast!

My interest is piqued and I'm wondering how many ATAG members are putting squads together for this.

Hi Sconsey,

I don't know about 'fantastic' being the word to use. Haha!

Although I do believe Seas is practicing his special 'Ninja' technique in readiness.

Are you looking to get PS then Sconsey? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
May-18-2018, 10:56

I think it will later rather than sooner.

The Devs are upgrading from 'Offworld Core A10' to 'Core A11' and experiencing some probs. Vehicle behaviour has become unpredictable and some players have experienced FPS drop.

I do believe the fourth weekend in May has been mentioned. This is 26th/27th, so 28th might be right. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
May-18-2018, 11:10
Question: Do we even need a specific Squad. or just a designated team speak Chanel or will Post Scriptum have its own in game comms?

The basic setup is based around a 9 man squad.

1 x Sqauad leader. (Sten gun)

6 x Riflemen. (Lee Enfield No.4) or 4 x Riflemen, 2 x Bren gunners?

2 x Medics. (Lee Enfield No.4/Pistol)?

Alternatively the squad could just have one medic and have a Light AT man with a PIAT (Projectile Infantry Anti-Tank).

One of the Riflemen might also carry a Grenade Launcher attachment for his Lee Enfield.

I think there has to be a certain number of squads in game before any Armoured team can be formed.

Have a look and see what you like. If someone has experience of 'Squad' they might be a good pick for Squad Leader.

As for comms I don't know if PS uses TS or Discord in game. Anybody know? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
May-18-2018, 11:18
Can you lone wolf it as a bit of an idiot?

It's just that I've been practicing...

Edit:

Tell you what.

I will bring the sandwiches.

I've got powdered egg and cress or... erm... plain cress.

ATAG_Vampire
May-18-2018, 11:56

Edit:

Tell you what.

I am really looking forward to Private Highseas and his airborne catering. :D

Who is bringing the paper doilies and bottle of Chardonnay? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Scones
May-18-2018, 12:16
Hi Sconsey,

I don't know about 'fantastic' being the word to use. Haha!

Although I do believe Seas is practicing his special 'Ninja' technique in readiness.

Are you looking to get PS then Sconsey? :thumbsup:

Hello, Vamps,

I've prepurchased but getting on a squad is another matter. Reserve me a place. I'll take on any position but I'm not ready for leader!

I see the weekend's playtest has been compromised due to Offworld A11 upgrade complications. Do you think it will be released before the end of May?

I don't know how comms are going to work. Teamspeak, Discord, or ingame?

Has anyone here used Discord?

I don't think anyone is going to be ready for Seas - he's a very resourceful individual. His 'Ninja' technique sounds interesting. Is that the one in which he turns sideways and takes on the appearance of Eva Braun? :D

:salute:

ATAG_Scones
May-18-2018, 12:24

Edit:

Tell you what.

Lone wolfing is my forte but a one-man squad isn't going to cut the mustard! :D

ATAG_Ribbs
May-19-2018, 07:51
I read they do have Voice over IP..with proximity decrease..or something like that. The closer you are the louder and vice versa. Sounds cool. I'm going to have to recruit some NA brethren..to fight along side or I will be Lone wolfing it I think.. haha

ATAG_Flare
May-20-2018, 21:15
I have about 50 hours in "Squad" and a bunch more in "Project Reality" (what Squad was based on, similar game.) Not an expert but if I get PS I'll be happy to be a squad leader if you want.

ATAG_Ribbs
May-20-2018, 22:35
And you're close to my time zone! :thumbsup:

BOO
May-21-2018, 12:36
Can I play too?

As part of the British contingent.

I had a nice (read very glinty) pistol for Seas to wave as a (very temporary) leader.

Another tactic id like to develop (other than sending Seas to see what all the louds bangs are about) is the "Don't put that tent there" tactic. It totally pre-occupied the Nazi at Duxford last year so I'm reasoning it may have a similar effect on his grandad....allowing us to sneak round the back as he diligently patrols the area on his bike.....

ATAG_Knuckles
May-21-2018, 14:34
look forward to having you Boo ,Certainly hope that because we are discussing putting a "Squad" together. that people think its an ATAG only thing cause it certainly isn't just as our server. is not just an ATAG thing

BOO
May-21-2018, 16:25
Without sounding overly schmaltzy about stuff the tag in front of the names in this forum I'm almost blind to. I just see a bunch of decent chaps and chappesses.

I think anyone would be hard pushed to call ATAG a closed group or elitist for sure!! (although they never let me in even though I sent Lewis flowers and pictures of his name carved into my arm with a fountain pen (bonus point if you can get the song that's ripped from) every day until the regrettable court order)

Vlerkies
May-21-2018, 16:44
Played lots of Arma, had Squad installed for a long time but never really had time for it since I bought it. Can hardly find time to fly a wee bit these days but try keep my ear to the ground.

Been keeping an eye on PS though, it has the potential to be pretty darn cracking.

ATAG_Knuckles
May-21-2018, 17:15
Without sounding overly schmaltzy about stuff the tag in front of the names in this forum I'm almost blind to. I just see a bunch of decent chaps and chappesses.

I think anyone would be hard pushed to call ATAG a closed group or elitist for sure!! (although they never let me in even though I sent Lewis flowers and pictures of his name carved into my arm with a fountain pen (bonus point if you can get the song that's ripped from) every day until the regrettable court order)

THE SMITHS
Rusholme Ruffians

ATAG_Highseas
May-21-2018, 19:54
I sent Lewis flowers and pictures of his name carved into my arm with a fountain pen

I did it with a pair of compasses into my forehead.

so...

just saying...

ATAG_Highseas
May-21-2018, 20:01
Played lots of Arma, had Squad installed for a long time but never really had time for it since I bought it. Can hardly find time to fly a wee bit these days but try keep my ear to the ground.

Been keeping an eye on PS though, it has the potential to be pretty darn cracking.

Its definately time thats the issue.

I maybe get a couple of hours on a cuople of nights. used to be more but i kinda have other stuff that demands more of my attention right now.. so....

I've been absent from the sky for more weeks than i care to count....

got up tonight... and then my stick went mental... still got me a 0.09 of a kill though...

(yeah... I know !!! 0.09 !! thats almost 0.091)

ATAG_Highseas
May-21-2018, 20:04
THE SMITHS
Rusholme Ruffians

yeah.. i was gonna say...

but i have an aversion to Morrisey.

His voice to my delicate ears is like having your whole head drilled out for an amalgam cavity filling.

ATAG_Ribbs
May-21-2018, 20:09
I can run.

But I can't hide.

Unless (as mentioned) I turn sideways

We'd be awesome... !!

I'm not sure how I missed this gem... roflmao

Silent135
May-21-2018, 21:29
Also have "Squad" installed , havent had much time to play it but its got lovley landscape graphics, ingame comms and brutal firefights. If Post Scriptum is along the same lines, which it looks to be, then im keen :thumbsup:

BOO
May-22-2018, 11:01
Ive just watched an explanation of "Offensive" and the rules.

I had what I call a "Brian Cox"

Its that point where you know all the words that are being said but can no longer understand the sentences they are forming...

The overall impression im left with is that i will die and be shouted at a lot.

ATAG_Highseas
May-22-2018, 11:46
Ive just watched an explanation of "Offensive" and the rules.

I had what I call a "Brian Cox"

Its that point where you know all the words that are being said but can no longer understand the sentences they are forming...

The overall impression im left with is that i will die and be shouted at a lot.

Not by me you wont...

And I'm not gonna be playing with anyone shouty. Shouty people are stinkey and have uglyness for their faces.

BOO
May-22-2018, 15:15
Not by me you wont...

And I'm not gonna be playing with anyone shouty. Shouty people are stinkey and have uglyness for their faces.

Listen, if the dude is pointing in the opposite direction of the gunfire, he can shout at me all he wants!

ATAG_Vampire
May-23-2018, 05:08
Listen, if the dude is pointing in the opposite direction of the gunfire, he can shout at me all he wants!

This is your section leader BOO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpOiTwVg_UU

Remember don't be 'idle on parade' mate. lol

BOO
May-23-2018, 08:13
This is your section leader BOO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpOiTwVg_UU

Remember don't be 'idle on parade' mate. lol

...I'm also likely to follow any bloke who's survived long enough to reach an age he can grow a convincing moustache....

ATAG_Vampire
May-23-2018, 08:32
...I'm also likely to follow any bloke who's survived long enough to reach an age he can grow a convincing moustache....

Here's another clip of your hero BOO.

Remember what I said about being 'idle'!!

https://youtu.be/DgmD54_-Qgc

ATAG_Knuckles
May-23-2018, 09:21
Hey Guys be gentle with me I cry easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgI-qbrWVo

ATAG_Highseas
May-23-2018, 10:32
You will be ok.

It's illegal to bully people in the work place nowadays...

Segrent Majors are now mainly on "here you go dear, white two sugars... just how you like it" duty.

EDIT.

Poor old Dawson eh... he looks really sort of unhappy...

BOO
May-23-2018, 10:34
I'm just thinkin about Seas instilling some of that good ole British army discipline whilst the rest of us stand about sniggering and pointing...

ATAG_Highseas
May-23-2018, 10:42
Right...

That's enough of that chaps.

Now... everybody gather round.

Pink wafer anyone? no?...

Tiffin?

OK... so... the enemy are over here... represeneted by this packet of Jammie Dodgers

and this is us here, reperesented by these macaroons.

so... when I say "Talley Ho!" you must all follow me at your best run, towards the Jammie Dodgers and try not to get your nuts shot of.

Now simmer down simmer down... !

Mental note: Next time use french fancies for us instead of macaroons.

and....

TALLEY HO !!!!

ATAG_Ribbs
May-23-2018, 19:14
Raises hand in the back....Sir..what's a Jammies Dodger?.. Macaroons? Are they Grey and Black furry animals? What in tarnation!

ATAG_Highseas
May-24-2018, 02:34
Yeah... I can see how that may have got a bit lost intraslation.... :D

Jamie Dodgers are a two layer biscuit (cookie to you) with a jam (ruberised strawberry paste in this particular case) layer between the two.

A macaroon is a small biscuity cake made from a baked almond paste typically adorned with a lone almond on top.

BOO
May-24-2018, 04:25
Raises hand in the back....Sir..what's a Jammies Dodger?.. Macaroons? Are they Grey and Black furry animals? What in tarnation!

As a former colonial "volunteer" in the Royal Highseas Bullet Catching Regiment you have no need to burden yourself with such detail. All you need to know is that you'll be up front, standing bolt upright and straining your ears to follow orders shouted from an unseen and distant location most of the time...

.. gentleman, back to the Pvt Ribbs sweepstake I'll have £5 on 28 seconds......

ATAG_Scones
May-24-2018, 07:06
The rubberized jam in a Jammy Dodger shows through a centralized window in an outer layer as a very conspicuous heart shape, which is visible for miles!

Seas, please leave them out of the picnic baskets or this could turn into Operation Target Practice! :D

ATAG_Highseas
May-24-2018, 17:23
The rubberized jam in a Jammy Dodger shows through a centralized window in an outer layer as a very conspicuous heart shape

I simply must instist that you put yourself forward for the Army's "Cake Buscuit and Sweetmeats" examination.

We need chaps like you in the ranks. Eh?!

One's that know their Garibaldi's from their Flapjacks

Thats how we will win this war what!

Yes sir !

Now... gather round chaps... I have a rather minty idea.

Meet me after eight and I shall explain.

Dai-San
May-25-2018, 05:23

I shall jolly well be there to hear this exciting development and shall bring my trusty Baton. If you have yours with you we could Match Sticks

ATAG_Scones
May-25-2018, 07:31
I simply must instist that you put yourself forward for the Army's "Cake Buscuit and Sweetmeats" examination.

We need chaps like you in the ranks. Eh?!

One's that know their Garibaldi's from their Flapjacks

Thats how we will win this war what!

Yes sir !

Yes, sir!

But the medical worries me somewhat.

Despite that, I have complete confidence that I will be found suitable by the various interviewing boards of the Cake, Biscuit, and Sweetmeats Connoisseurs for acceptance into the biscuit assault squad.

Yes, sir!