PDA

View Full Version : is there an existing mod/script that provides AI ground activity on airfields ?

Silver
Jan-11-2013, 07:32
is there an existing mod/script that provides AI ground activity on the players airfield ?

eg, supply trucks driving around or repair crews, jeep with local comander going on inspection, maybe even some folks on bicycles riding around ?

i know CoD can do this, but for cpu/gpu load reason this was not activated early on

is it possible to have some sort of script or mod for this ? ideally you would only want to have this activity on the airbase that is visible to the player at the time, rather then load all bases with unseen/unneeded activity that becomes a major drain on pc resources

ideally you would also want AI aircraft and supplies being flown in etc, but that might be a bit much to ask for initially. eg, forward airfields in ww2 were resupplied mainly by air with fuel, munitions and ground crew equipment which could be modded. and rear located airfield had fresh fighter aircraft flown in regularly to resupply squadrons, and had other aircraft with personnel and supplies land/takeoff at various times

it would be great if we could gradually bring the map alive, but i realize for the online server this might be cp/gpu drain. i am keen however to try and create a CoD world with a number of AI routines (both civilian and military) bringing the map alive, eg civilian cars and buses on roads, military convoys by road and rail, military resupply planes, and unarmed/armed military supply planes etc

anybody looked into this or have some positive idea's ?

ATAG_Slipstream
Jan-11-2013, 07:46
I've seen plenty of scripts that do this kind of thing in offline campaigns, I haven't got any scripts and can't point you to any at this time, but I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

With the Clod scripting engine pretty much anything is possible, and if it isn't, you can usually work around it. The only limitation is CPU/GPU cycles, and adding 1000's of objects on an online environment would obviously be overkill.

This is why Clod is still light-years ahead of its game.

Salmo
Jan-11-2013, 10:02
There are vehicles driving around airfileds & elsewhere endlessly (until destroyed) in my Operation Sunlight (MP) mission on ATAG server 1

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-11-2013, 10:25
There are vehicles driving around airfileds & elsewhere endlessly (until destroyed) in my Operation Sunlight (MP) mission on ATAG server 1

Which mission is sunlight?

ATAG_Slipstream
Jan-11-2013, 10:34
Which mission is sunlight?

The one where the radar contacts appear on the mini-map :thumbsup:

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-11-2013, 11:45
The one where the radar contacts appear on the mini-map :thumbsup:

This has been removed from rotation though, has it not?