PDA

View Full Version : PS Gameplay Changes for this Weekend

ATAG_Vampire
Jun-08-2018, 04:24
Another video from Luetin describing latest Dev gameplay changes for this weekends play testing.

https://youtu.be/K1baAw6kb1A

Have fun chaps and as they used to say in the 1st Airborne "Whoa Mohammed". :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jun-08-2018, 07:22
I'll definitely be chucking a few FRAGS this weekend! :idiot:

ATAG_Vampire
Jun-12-2018, 06:11
Anyone get the chance to take part in the play test this weekend?

If so how did you get on? :thumbsup:

Dai-San
Jun-12-2018, 12:43
I played a few rounds, unfortunately I didn't see any other people in the ATAG TS channel.

Was pretty meh tbh, dunno if it's just that the novelty has worn off but the gfx seemed worse and apart from that I didn't notice anything different.

9./JG52 Sturm
Jun-12-2018, 13:02
I personally think that the hedgerows should not be such a playground for infantry. At least some movement/sound penalty is needed. Didn't play the first weekend, was pretty enjoyable. Saw some dodgy looking vehicle movement. Played in some poor teams, so literally had no chance of winning a defending map. Would have been ridiculous with like a 30 min add on per flag like it was first test weekend.

ATAG_Ribbs
Jun-12-2018, 14:35
I played a few rounds as well. My client updated twice, then I was able to see the server list. Like Sturm said some wierd vehicle movements, especially while riding in them. I still suffer from horrible enemy identification. Still haven't figured that out. And it still gets me killed quite frequently. Very frustrating. Also hit detection seems a bit shall I Say " Hit and Miss" had 2 enemy run right in front of me. I shot point blank in the back of one and no kill. Shot again and killed that guy. Shot a third time. Thought I landed another kill shot but the guy fired back and killed me. I was in the PS Ta channel while I was playing.

ATAG_Vampire
Jun-12-2018, 16:00
Thanks for the update guys.

I am sure there are still lots of bugs for the Devs to iron out.

The more I see PS gameplay the more I am convinced you (we) need to get our own section organised. Communicating is paramount as is teamwork. The Logistics section seems to be a very important element and the placement of MSPs/FOBs as well. The Loggie section use of mortars looks very interesting.

Hopefully when the next play test weekend is up I can get to participate again. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jun-12-2018, 18:17
I agree..we can all huddle in the bushes..and giggle like school girls.. :)

ATAG_Ribbs
Jun-12-2018, 18:24
I have figured out that finding some height to get out of the almost claustrophobic ground cover helps. Finding a good " kill zone" is Paramount. So often I feel like I'm just running towards the gunfire..not really knowing where the front lines and firefights are. Not a real good strategy..but has produced some comedic hectic firefights.. haha. All in all I feel like the real diamonds in this game haven't shown yet. The sounds are so amazing that I could just hide and listen to them. The planes straffing and bombing.. artillery exploding around you. To ricorchets... And suppression fire affecting your vision. All great stuff!

ATAG_Scones
Jun-12-2018, 18:39
I played a few rounds, unfortunately I didn't see any other people in the ATAG TS channel.

Was pretty meh tbh, dunno if it's just that the novelty has worn off but the gfx seemed worse and apart from that I didn't notice anything different.

Well, who was I talking to in the PS Teamspeak channel if it weren't you?

ATAG_Scones
Jun-12-2018, 19:25
You'll have to make sure to get on a good squad, chaps.

When I spawned in on one occasion the squad was firing at each other and giggling like school girls. Then the tank driver reversed over me. I know it's only early days but generally there is no communication, and therefore no organization - it's all chaos! Why do people put their money into something like PS and not play the game as it should be played and the developers want it to be? Maybe these problems will be ironed out with time - don't hold your breath!

It's not getting off to a good start, is it?

:salute:

ATAG_Flare
Jun-12-2018, 20:02
You'll have to make sure to get on a good squad, chaps.

When I spawned in on one occasion the squad was firing at each other and giggling like school girls. Then the tank driver reversed over me. I know it's only early days but generally there is no communication, and therefore no organization - it's all chaos! Why do people put their money into something like PS and not play the game as it should be played and the developers want it to be? Maybe these problems will be ironed out with time - don't hold your breath!

It's not getting off to a good start, is it?

It's a recurring theme with all of the realistic military FPS games (Project Reality, Squad).

1. Small playerbase doesn't have enough people playing, wants a bigger playerbase.

2. Efforts are made to increase the playerbase.

3. New players start playing, causing the core playerbase to be frustrated about low skilled teammates.

4. New players realise that the game is harder than they thought and it's not all like Call of Duty or Counter Strike, so they quit.

5. Return to 1.

69th_Zeb
Jun-12-2018, 22:26
If the test weekends go on to no end, it would be great to set a Saturday time ~8PM GMT/1PM Pacific with you guys. I noticed someone was on with me on TS but I failed to notice till later when I was done.

I found some decent folks the first weekend. I'm not really into the FPS thing, but I really enjoyed it. Some guys were good at leading and training. Some, like on the Steam ghetto forum, lacked magnanimity, and I would certainly hope none of them ever enter service in my country! ha Also some young kids were getting pushed around a lot, which was ironic given that many in uniform at that time were unreasonably young (Germany late in the war, for example).

Would be great to get at least three of us in a tank. I have enjoyed that part the most. Having the MG, gunner, and driver working together is good fun. Some you can have a fourth on the turret watching for bad dudes.
I got on one team which was excellent and was maneuvering well with the commander. ....Maybe it's me and my Blenheim-isms. The fighters can go fight outside I guess.

-Z

ATAG_Ribbs
Jun-13-2018, 08:56
Zeb we gotta get together and wreak some havoc brotha!

I'm good at leading..........
Everyone to certain death.. :-P

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-13-2018, 09:34
I spent a bit on it, mostly to get familiarized with whats required did get some Time in a tank. although when I stopped to switch to gun position someone entered the driver position and ran off into a ditch

ATAG_Vampire
Jun-13-2018, 10:44
There looks like enough of us in here, who are interested enough, to form a decent section.

I am sure we can do something together, even with the time differences.

Picking a server with serious players looks like a must. How we go about that I don't know. Avoiding the problems of being (in my case) a 'noob' to this kind of FPS and upsetting the 'core player base' and involved with the Battlefield player mentality group will not be easy I suspect. Still we all have to start somewhere.

I am away in France at the moment but depending on the dates for the next play test weekend I am sure we can put something together.

Thoughts anyone? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-13-2018, 11:00
Im certainly up for that, I live in Arizona (Pacific time zone). but can be very flexible

ATAG_Scones
Jun-13-2018, 16:48
It's a recurring theme with all of the realistic military FPS games (Project Reality, Squad).

1. Small playerbase doesn't have enough people playing, wants a bigger playerbase.

2. Efforts are made to increase the playerbase.

3. New players start playing, causing the core playerbase to be frustrated about low skilled teammates.

4. New players realise that the game is harder than they thought and it's not all like Call of Duty or Counter Strike, so they quit.

5. Return to 1.

As may be gathered from my last post where I vented my spleen, I was rather irked on the last play test. But despite this, I really do want PS to be the game it promises to be.

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-13-2018, 17:04
I am away in France at the moment

In France?!

Traitor !

Quick everyone... call him a really mean name (using the internet)

Come on... let it all out...

OK FINE....

I wil start it off then.

You Rotter!

(see.. it's easy... )

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-13-2018, 17:07
(for the avoidance of doubt I really like France too !)

just ribbing ATAG_Vampire

so...

can a i get a raise on "Rotter" ?

:)

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-13-2018, 17:26
FROG TART !! ewwww. that felt good:goofy

ATAG_Vampire
Jun-13-2018, 18:24
FROG TART !! ewwww. that felt good:goofy

I like a bit of Frog Tart to brother. They taste really good........!

There's my personal favourite.....TARTE AUX POMME, also TARTE TATIN, TARTE AU CITRON.

All very tasty!!!! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jun-13-2018, 21:18
just ribbing ATAG_Vampire)

Did someone call me? :D