PDA

View Full Version : Hosting a closed map

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-14-2013, 11:17
Hi all,

Is it possible (aka is it easy) to host a map online so that a few squad mates can join me, without setting up a ded-server?

If the answer is "yes" can someone direct me to an online tutorial or something?

Thanks,
me.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-14-2013, 11:52
Hmm, I just fonuid this thread over at banana. Is the information therein still current?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28060

Has anyone else tried this? Does it work?

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-14-2013, 13:28
I've never hosted "in-game" so I can't help you there, but it's fairly easy start your own dedicated server and join it/have others join it.

1.) make a launcher shortcut with "-server" on the end of the properties/target line

2.) for easy sake, place your mission in the 1cSoftClub root folder (same spot as your confs.ini)

3.) start the server and type "missLoad name_of_your_mission" (without the .mis) on the end

4.) type battlestart and your mission is live

You can even eliminate all the typing with a simple .batch file to start your mission as well.

Also - you need to make sure the right ports are open and figure out the IP for others to connect to. The server will not show up in the list for a while.

And you can run a dedicated server and join the server from the same machine as long as you start the dedicated (-server) 1st.

Sorry I can't help with the "in-game" hosting.

ATAG_Headshot
Jan-14-2013, 13:44
In game hosting is pretty easy actually. Just make sure your router has port forwarding set up for your computer. I think the default port is 27015. They may be able to find you in the server list or you may have to give them your IP address and they can join direct.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-14-2013, 14:07
thanks guys.

Now I just gotta work out how to building the training mission I want ;)

ATAG_Slipstream
Jan-14-2013, 14:28
There's a handy little guide here to get you started

http://www.airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewcategory/103-fmb-tutorial-missions

~S~