PDA

View Full Version : A little FMB advice

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-14-2013, 14:31
Hi all,

I'm looking to set up a quick 2-base (1 red, 1 blue) mission for multiplayer on the steppe map that has ALL aircraft types from each team (red = allies/ blue =axis) available for up to 10 players to spawn into, on the ground.

I've tried a few ideas to get this built. But to no success yet.

I've tried spawning in a Spit 2a with 2 flights of 6 but when I spawn in I cannot start an engine.
In another attempt I tried spawning a few separate individual aircraft objects, but at the menu I cannot select which one I want to fly, it just defualts to the only aircraft with the "player" bx checked.

Can anyone help me resolve this?
Happy to meet on coms sometime if that's easiest.

Ta.

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-14-2013, 14:39
Hi all,

I'm looking to set up a quick 2-base (1 red, 1 blue) mission for multiplayer on the steppe map that has ALL aircraft types from each team (red = allies/ blue =axis) available for up to 10 players to spawn into, on the ground.

I've tried a few ideas to get this built. But to no success yet.

I've tried spawning in a Spit 2a with 2 flights of 6 but when I spawn in I cannot start an engine.
In another attempt I tried spawning a few separate individual aircraft objects, but at the menu I cannot select which one I want to fly, it just defualts to the only aircraft with the "player" bx checked.

Can anyone help me resolve this?
Happy to meet on coms sometime if that's easiest.

Ta.

Are you testing this through the FMB itself? If so, that could be your problem.

For a MP map you need to add "spawn areas" (the object in the FMB) - under properties of that object you can select what planes you want spawnable, red or blue, name of spawn area (airfield), and the planes amount that you are allowing to spawn at a time (must be more than 0 or you can't spawn anything).

But for testing these spawn areas, this must be ran as a MP mission (either through the lobby or dedicated server function) The other thing could be in your realism options (creating planes, groups, switching planes etc.)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Jan-14-2013, 15:34
OK that's solved it! Thanks Bliss.

Just one more question, I am unable to start any of the aircraft once spawned in (and neither could any of the other guys who tried to join).

Do you know why that might be the case?

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-14-2013, 15:45
Hmm - that's strange. I don't understand why they wouldn't start.

thee_oddball
Jan-14-2013, 17:15
IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THIS HAS TO DO WITH HOW YOU SET THERE SPAWN OPTION....caps sorry...to lazy to retype, ...im sorry i cant remember right now, i will open FMB later and tell the option you have to set.