PDA

View Full Version : Post Scriptum - Interested Players

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-20-2018, 13:26
Hello Everyone.

We now have Open Beta servers 24/7 for PS (if you have already pre-ordered the game). At the moment it is due for release on August 8/9th.

I am interested in seeing what interest there is in our community for getting a section/sections together at a nominated date time so that we can have a go at this game.

Nothing hard and fast at the moment just judging interest to see if this is feasible.

Just post in this thread if you are interested, which faction and what times might suit. Any constructive input on this is welcome.

Cheers :cheers:

o7 :salute:

Dai-San
Jul-20-2018, 15:02
I'm up for reinstalling it and giving it another go :thumbsup:

Any faction and most evenings from 18:00 BST

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-20-2018, 15:34
Hi Rimmer thanks for responding.

I will keep track of the thread and see how many others are interested.

Check here in a few days and I will hopefully have a few more names for a section. :thumbsup:

9./JG52 gr00ve
Jul-20-2018, 15:59
few of us have game, but sadly until summer is over we probably wont play. Once summer is over, and game gets released we would be definitely interested in some organized play.

ATAG_Pattle
Jul-20-2018, 16:29
Grabbed it a couple of days ago.

Keen Vamps.

How do you get on comms with the guys on. Plenty of Aussies on last night. Wiuld have been good to join those players on comms as it is very hard getting about by oneself.

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-20-2018, 18:04
There is in game VOIP Pat.

Default Key setting:

V = Local Chat (Means you can communicate with any other player near to you in game). BLUE ICON bottom left corner of screen.

B = Section Comms (Comms between members of the same section). GREEN ICON bottom left corner of screen.

G = Command Comms (Section Leaders can talk to the Platoon Commander). RED ICON bottom left corner of screen.

There is a Post Scriptum TS channel in the ATAG TS list. It is some way down the list. Good for comms outside of the game itself. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-20-2018, 19:05
I'm interested as well unfortunately our time zone difference will make for some very late nights for someone. North American Mountain time zone. It's 504 pm right now

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-20-2018, 19:27
I'm interested as well unfortunately our time zone difference will make for some very late nights for someone. North American Mountain time zone. It's 504 pm right now

Vamps is retired... he can just swan about in his undies at 3:42am if he wants.

(I can too.. but aparently I have to pull the cutains)

also.. 504 pm?

man... our clocks only go ot 12... you got an intercooler on that one? :D

SIA_Sp00k
Jul-21-2018, 03:24
What is it I am missing? What is it in PS that isn’t in other similar games? Anything?

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-21-2018, 05:56
Hi Spook!

Well for me it is that it's nothing like most FPS games. It isn't a wall to wall arcade 'shootfest' like some other mainstream games. I cannot cope with those.

It has been developed by a small team of 8 who wanted something with realism, historical accuracy and teamwork. As in real life combat (as far as I know) it has periods where there is no shooting. Then all of a sudden 'hell breaks loose'.

The attention to detail is excellent and you can try your hand at Platoon Commander, Section Leader/rifleman etc, Logistics or armour (tanks/armoured cars). Communication and teamwork appear to be the key to good game play. This is dependent, as with all sims/games, on those taking part.

There are bugs to be sure and things that need addressing but having always had an interest in Operation Market Garden it hits the spot for me. Playing as a team with friends and having fun. Very much like CloD really.

Check out a few of the videos posted on youtube/Twitch and see what you think.

Best regards to all the TWC guys, especially Fatal. :thumbsup:

07 :salute:

ATAG_Marlow
Jul-21-2018, 10:57
Hi Vamps.......I'm definitely interested in this game, too, but I know I'm going to be away from home for much of the next month so need to wait.
I don't even have the game yet and I'm not sure if my computer will run it sufficiently well. Is it a heavy game for a computer to manage?

I like the idea of cooperating with friends in a realistic setting so I'll be giving some serious thought come end of August. Good luck with your first missions. Salute. :thumbsup:

BOO
Jul-21-2018, 11:02
Im volunteering for the Women's Auxiliary Reserve Pot Washing Yeomanry for now. I also have me reserved occupation letter (jam manufacture, more particularly putting the gingham cloth tops on - very skilled) and a white feather in readiness.

On my hols in a week or so (boating to Gt Yarmouth to lay siege to Laser) but once ive secured capitulation in my Richardson's Schnellboot and returned victorious to receive the adulation of the heaving crowds all along the Brayford, ill boot it all up and come have a looksee.

Being desk-less i really need to find a keyboard and mouse freindly "thing" for my set up (a desk i know but Mrs BOO may have something to say about a desk in the living room) unless by some miricle the x-box controller is properly implemented.

Happy to try any faction and any role (i should say that i see myself as an ideas man more than an acutal "do-er" so if there is less shooty, screamy, dying role available that also perhaps involves pointing at distant things on maps, making tea and staying put that would be super...)

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-21-2018, 11:35
I like the idea of cooperating with friends in a realistic setting

Thats what the rest of us say about you on Monday evenings.... "That Marlow" we say. "He sure does like the idea of cooperating in this realistic setting".

Obviously we dont go on about it when you have joined TS... that would be needlessly sycophantic.

But when you are not on?

We talk of little else.

:D

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-21-2018, 12:44
Hi Vamps.......I'm definitely interested in this game, too, but I know I'm going to be away from home for much of the next month so need to wait.
I don't even have the game yet and I'm not sure if my computer will run it sufficiently well. Is it a heavy game for a computer to manage?

I like the idea of cooperating with friends in a realistic setting so I'll be giving some serious thought come end of August. Good luck with your first missions. Salute. :thumbsup:

Hi mate! Have look below ref system requirements.

Here are the Post Scriptum system requirements (minimum)

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
CPU SPEED: Info
RAM: 8 GB
OS: Windows 7 SP1 (x64), Windows 8 (x64), Windows 10 (x64)
VIDEO CARD: Geforce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon R9 290
SOUND CARD: Yes
FREE DISK SPACE: 35 GB

Post Scriptum Recommended Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU
RAM: 16 GB
VIDEO CARD: Geforce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290

My rig runs it fine and on most maps I get 50 to 60 FPS but my second older computer running a GTX960 struggles and is not really playable.

It would be great if a few of us can form a section and have a bit of fun. Anybody that shares a tank turret with Seas will be put in for an immediate Mention in Dispatches. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-21-2018, 12:51
Im volunteering for the Women's Auxiliary Reserve Pot Washing Yeomanry for now. I also have me reserved occupation letter (jam manufacture, more particularly putting the gingham cloth tops on - very skilled) and a white feather in readiness.

On my hols in a week or so (boating to Gt Yarmouth to lay siege to Laser) but once ive secured capitulation in my Richardson's Schnellboot and returned victorious to receive the adulation of the heaving crowds all along the Brayford, ill boot it all up and come have a looksee.

Being desk-less i really need to find a keyboard and mouse freindly "thing" for my set up (a desk i know but Mrs BOO may have something to say about a desk in the living room) unless by some miricle the x-box controller is properly implemented.

Happy to try any faction and any role (i should say that i see myself as an ideas man more than an acutal "do-er" so if there is less shooty, screamy, dying role available that also perhaps involves pointing at distant things on maps, making tea and staying put that would be super...)

Hello BOO! Thanks for responding.

From what you say you sound like a Logistics Section Leader (max four members). You get to drive around in a couple of trucks and set up mortar positions, MG nests, build emplacements etc. Erect FOBs and Tank repair stations and while you are doing this get to defend yourself from marauding tanks and infantry. Easy really and you can wear a nice 'pinny' while you are doing it. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Marlow
Jul-21-2018, 13:05
Thanks Vamps. That's very useful info. When I get home, I'll check but right now I think I've got and Intel i5 and only a Radeon R9 200 (rather than 290) so I might be down a bit.

I'd love to share a tank turret with 'Seas but it would seriously depend on what he'd eaten for tea the night before!!!!!!!!! ::-P. Salute.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-21-2018, 13:21
Cool... whats my role?

I dont really like other people so medic is probably a bad idea. And i should probably be kept off the radio... :D

I guess that just leaves general cannon fodder....

Quite fancy being a general as it goes...

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-21-2018, 14:12
Cool... whats my role?

I dont really like other people so medic is probably a bad idea. And i should probably be kept off the radio... :D

I guess that just leaves general cannon fodder....

Quite fancy being a general as it goes...

Medic is, from my experience, indispensable in a Section.

However, Seas I think you would fit nicely into a Logistics section with BOO carrying out the vital task of latrine digger. In the 'thick of it' so to speak. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-21-2018, 16:19
Medic is, from my experience, indispensable in a Section.

However, Seas I think you would fit nicely into a Logistics section with BOO carrying out the vital task of latrine digger. In the 'thick of it' so to speak. :thumbsup:

Digging in the garden?

BRILLIANT!

ATAG_Vortex
Jul-21-2018, 16:29
Count me in Vamps.

Back home tomorrow for the next 4 weeks or so :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-21-2018, 18:19
Count me in Vamps.

Back home tomorrow for the next 4 weeks or so :thumbsup:

Hello Vortex!

Good show. I will give it a couple more days then list the names and see what we can put together.

Time zone coordination is going to need looking at so the Pat, Ribbs and anyone else outside of Europe can join us. Or visa versa. :thumbsup:

69th_Zeb
Jul-21-2018, 22:16
On vacation for two weeks but weekends anytime are always golden.

SIA_Sp00k
Jul-21-2018, 23:04
Appears TWC are going in. Several of us committed now. We're bringing Tanks to the squishy types. We stop for noone!

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-22-2018, 05:13
Appears TWC are going in. Several of us committed now. We're bringing Tanks to the squishy types. We stop for noone!

Well we are all bringing short sections of light weight garden fence to stand behind... so good luck with your plans. :D

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-22-2018, 05:51

That's good news Spook. It would be good to get on the same server together and work together.

Well we are all bringing short sections of light weight garden fence to stand behind... so good luck with your plans. :D

In the latest game model tanks can now go through fences Seas. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-22-2018, 06:46
That's good news Spook. It would be good to get on the same server together and work together.

In the latest game model tanks can now go through fences Seas. :thumbsup:

Oh......

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-22-2018, 08:11
Night maps introduced into Open Beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX6vdqJg-cc

Perhaps not true night but a nice touch all the same. No NVG in 1944. :thumbsup:

BOO
Jul-22-2018, 10:38

having seen you land a Spit mate, I think you'll make a great tank driver! :-)

BOO
Jul-22-2018, 10:42
Night maps introduced into Open Beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX6vdqJg-cc

Perhaps not true night but a nice touch all the same. No NVG in 1944. :thumbsup:

I really like that - seems a pretty well excecuted stab at reproducing a human eyes abilty to see at night whilst "gaming" it slightly to add atmosphere with some retention of playabilty.

9./JG52 Sturm
Jul-22-2018, 12:20
Not convinced I think this is a fun game. Prefer Squad to be honest. :recon:

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-22-2018, 15:38
Not convinced I think this is a fun game. Prefer Squad to be honest. :recon:

I have never played Squad. The modern day setting was never to my liking and I only know of Squad because of Post Scriptums connection to it.

It is all down to personal choice. As they say "You pays your money, you takes your choice". :thumbsup:

Dai-San
Jul-22-2018, 16:29
Dibbs on the Medic slot, I can't shoot for toffee but I fancy poking my finger into bloody holes and asking if it hurts.

Hmmm.... Maybe I should rephrase that sentance. I would be happy to run headlong into enemy fire with gay abandon dispensing pain relief wherever I go and patching wounds.

Not sure I have anything in my medkit for Seas dodgy digestive tract but I'll dish the Rennie and give it a go.

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-22-2018, 18:15
Dibbs on the Medic slot, I can't shoot for toffee but I fancy poking my finger into bloody holes and asking if it hurts.

Hmmm.... Maybe I should rephrase that sentance. I would be happy to run headlong into enemy fire with gay abandon dispensing pain relief wherever I go and patching wounds.

Not sure I have anything in my medkit for Seas dodgy digestive tract but I'll dish the Rennie and give it a go.

Hi Rimmm..., sorry Dai-San!

That's great. I haven't played the Medic role yet but from the game play I have experienced it is vital to have one in the section, preferably two. It makes things flow much better if, when wounded, you get revived by a Medic rather than have to give up and respawn.

I don't think fingers in holes is modeled in game!?####

However, you can stick a bloody great syringe in someones a**e. :D

SharkBait
Jul-23-2018, 10:24
I'd be down to play! My clock is running on US East (UTC -5:00).

Bought the game over the weekend and gave it a go. It's my very first shooter game - I thought I'd try it out because of the realism (the importance of team play and communication). Really enjoying the tactical aspect of the game, though I'm still learning how to stay under cover and point and shoot at the enemy when I see them (I usually get killed without ever seeing my killer). Got 2 kills over the entire weekend but died about 50 times. Haha.

So far, I've been enjoying the Medic role and am toying around with the Light Mortar role as well.

9./JG52 Sturm
Jul-23-2018, 13:26
I have never played Squad. The modern day setting was never to my liking and I only know of Squad because of Post Scriptums connection to it.

It is all down to personal choice. As they say "You pays your money, you takes your choice". :thumbsup:

I'll give it a chance, perhaps it's that the meta hasn't been fully established. Though I think something needs to change about the attack/defend as it's normally pretty inevitable to lose as defenders unless the attacking team are totally incompetent; everything has to work in their favour, luck etc otherwise attack roll the map pretty easily. Maybe needs a chance for defenders to retake an objective so the attackers can't immediately bum rush the next objective carefree.

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-24-2018, 08:24
I'd be down to play! My clock is running on US East (UTC -5:00).

Bought the game over the weekend and gave it a go. It's my very first shooter game - I thought I'd try it out because of the realism (the importance of team play and communication). Really enjoying the tactical aspect of the game, though I'm still learning how to stay under cover and point and shoot at the enemy when I see them (I usually get killed without ever seeing my killer). Got 2 kills over the entire weekend but died about 50 times. Haha.

So far, I've been enjoying the Medic role and am toying around with the Light Mortar role as well.

Nice another person in NA! So far 3 i think You Zeb and I. I think Ruff is thinking about it..maybe Freya eventually. I think DRock would enjoy it also.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-24-2018, 09:05
I have been in several time Mainly just attempting to user stand all the aspects of it as there are really not much in tutorials. I did attempt to connect to out "Team Speak" channel and saw that it has a password which I don't have. I will con tin to go ib from time to time to continue familiarization.

im in Arizona son on Pacific time

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-24-2018, 09:56
Managed to get on quite a bit yesterday. Good fun but i have a lot to learn.

Went on a sparsely populated server last night to try and get Vortex up and running and we were joined by Sturm.

At one point I caught nearly a full enemy section across a field with my Bren gun. Getting some kills but dying a lot.

We should be able to work out how we can all get on together both EU and USA/Canada. It happens for events in CloD. Weekends are no doubt better everyone? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-24-2018, 14:18
Nice Knucks! That channel shouldn't be passworded I'll check it out. Not sure why it's so far down the list either. I created it up towards the top so people would notice it and jump in.

SharkBait
Jul-24-2018, 17:31
Nice another person in NA! So far 3 i think You Zeb and I. I think Ruff is thinking about it..maybe Freya eventually. I think DRock would enjoy it also.

Sounds like it could be a great crew! I'm excited to play with you guys as I know being in a section with people who are willing to cooperate and think tactically makes the experience much more enjoyable.

SIA_Sp00k
Jul-25-2018, 03:01
Is there a specific server your using or meeting on TS and going from there?

9./JG52 Sturm
Jul-25-2018, 05:05
Is there a specific server your using or meeting on TS and going from there?

Think it's easiest to meet on TS then use the in-game comms once you all get on server. Stay on TS as if anyone has problems they can still chat to the other guys playing.

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-25-2018, 10:41
Hello everyone!

I have gone through this thread and those who have expressed an interest in forming a Post Scriptum Section(s) are listed below:

ATAG_Vampire.......UK

ATAG_Pattle.......AUS

ATAG_Vortex.......UK

ATAG_Highseas.......UK (or maybe Planet Zonk!!)

ATAG_Ribbs.......USA

ATAG_Knuckles.......USA

ATAG_Marlow.......UK

TWC Spook.......AUS + other TWC

9/JG52 Sturm.......UK

BOO.......UK

Dai-San.......UK

SharkBait.......USA

69th_Zeb.......USA

What I would like to propose is that we agree a date time to meet, very soon, on the ATAG Team Speak channel 'Post Scriptum' so that we can discuss when we can get together and jump on a server and get started. It will also give everyone the chance to ask questions and put out ideas.

I do realise that (unlike myself) most of you have to work, so any get together would probably need to be on a Friday night/Saturday/Sunday and also to accommodate Time Zone differences. See Time Zone Chart below:

In the past some of the CloD/Blitz events have taken place about 20:00/21:00hrs GMT but am always open to suggestions.

I really think we can get a section or two up and running and if we can I think Post Scriptum will be good fun.

Please feel free to PM me with ideas, possible dates times etc. or put it here on the thread. :thumbsup:

o7 Vamps :salute:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-25-2018, 10:54
love that chart I have it printed out. (im always looking up time zone converters)

thanks

thee_oddball
Jul-30-2018, 22:15
plz count me in, most of the BF crowd I run with don't like "sims", sorry if i glanced over this but is there a discord server or is it TS?

Mysticpuma
Jul-31-2018, 07:11
Are there snipers? I fancy being a Sniper.

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-31-2018, 08:07

Me too!

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-31-2018, 08:44
it is one of the many options

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-31-2018, 08:46
plz count me in, most of the BF crowd I run with don't like "sims", sorry if i glanced over this but is there a discord server or is it TS?

P/S has a live voice comm in game, but we are going to discuss using our T/s this Saturday

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-31-2018, 08:58
Our TS will work only if everyone in the squad is on it. We also will have to create a Squad..and then lock it right away. I don't know if they can be passworded or how that works.

DRock
Jul-31-2018, 09:12
Our TS will work only if everyone in the squad is on it. We also will have to create a Squad..and then lock it right away. I don't know if they can be passworded or how that works.

You can add a password to a channel, Ribbs.

If you have problems, PM me channel and password, and I can add it for you.

Cheers

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-31-2018, 09:42
Haha..I was talking about creating a squad in Post Scriptum. Once it's created, it's open to whomever wants to join, unless it's locked like I've seen before. I just didn't know if they used passwords or what.

I seen u replying D..and was all excited to see that you checked it out, and that you were IN! :D

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-31-2018, 11:52
my problem with T/S is its mapped to my joy stick and I would have change it to my keyboard, an idea is perhaps to log into T/S to see which P/S server we are on then just start to use the P/S comms . plus we will also need to communicate with the other squads in P/S

Dai-San
Jul-31-2018, 14:14
my problem with T/S is its mapped to my joy stick and I would have change it to my keyboard, an idea is perhaps to log into T/S to see which P/S server we are on then just start to use the P/S comms . plus we will also need to communicate with the other squads in P/S

You don't have to Unmap your Joystick in TS, just add a Keyboard shortcut too.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-31-2018, 14:34
You don't have to Unmap your Joystick in TS, just add a Keyboard shortcut too.

good to know thanks, assumes it would cancell out my joystick

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-31-2018, 17:28

Hi oddball!

Post Scriptum has in-game VOIP for local, section and section leader to command comms. Different key bindings are used for each channel.

There is within the ATAG Team Speak setup a dedicated channel for Post Scriptum which can be used to communicate outside of the game. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-31-2018, 17:33

Hi MP!

There are snipers with the term 'Marksmen' being used in the game.

It is one of the specialisations available within a section.

From what I have experienced I think there has to be so many in a section to make certain specialisations available. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-31-2018, 17:35
P/S has a live voice comm in game, but we are going to discuss using our T/s this Saturday

The meeting is on the ATAG Team Speak channel for Post Scriptum. :thumbsup:

SIA_Sp00k
Jul-31-2018, 22:52
You can only have 9 per section with the majority in the section being riflemen. So if 3 members wants Stens, you may need to create 3 seperate sections and so on.

Not a problem if working together on external Comms, but will have issues on internal Comms alone as you can’t lock the others out

thee_oddball
Aug-01-2018, 22:13
For those of you new to Post Scriptum here is a video to show you basic tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW2Q0W2V4q0

:) :):):) is there a set time to meet (day/time) is it it just random?

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-01-2018, 23:24
That was a great fight scene!

ATAG_Pattle
Aug-02-2018, 03:08
Vamps and myself used our TS channel and section comms the other night.

Another Cliffs man - Lil head was our Seco, and did a good job too.

Have to be mindful with comms button you press when the action heats up.

Must say, from flying together, to looking around in a dutch ditch to see Vamps next to me was very cool. Particularly later on watching him stalk a tank with his Panzerfaust.

Salute :salute:

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-02-2018, 07:32
Vamps and myself used our TS channel and section comms the other night.

Another Cliffs man - Lil head was our Seco, and did a good job too.

Have to be mindful with comms button you press when the action heats up.

Must say, from flying together, to looking around in a dutch ditch to see Vamps next to me was very cool. Particularly later on watching him stalk a tank with his Panzerfaust.

Salute :salute:

Yes, really enjoyed that Pat and a pity I couldn't replenish my PIAT ammo to have another go at that Tiger. Anybody know how to do this. We went to a FOB ammo crate, I pressed "Replenish", but nothing happened?

Teamwork and good comms are a must but as you say having a Section Leader who is 'on the ball' is also important. What makes it, of course, is the ability to do it with great like minded friends.

Even if there are only a few of us we should be able to get together and form the main body of a section. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-02-2018, 14:38
I've seen resuply trucks running around..maybe you can replenish you ammo at one of them?

ATAG_Pattle
Aug-02-2018, 16:17
We need to be able to type in <rr :-)

SIA_Sp00k
Aug-03-2018, 03:54
I can’t work out how to mark things on the map in there proper position. I have keymapper the map markers but can’t use the mouse to pinpoint the position of a tank for example on the map.

Any ideas?

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-03-2018, 08:57
I can’t work out how to mark things on the map in there proper position. I have keymapper the map markers but can’t use the mouse to pinpoint the position of a tank for example on the map.

Any ideas?

Hi Sp00k.

As far as I know only the Section Leader can place markers on the map. A Section member can place a marker only his section can see.

To do so you need to go the map in the spawn screen by hitting 'Enter'.

Right click on the area you want to mark and then from the menu select the mark you want to place.

Not been an SL much or used the map marking setup much. Something else to practice.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

thee_oddball
Aug-03-2018, 19:28
FYI, i tried twice looking under "other games" in TS and could not find PS, turns out it's listed all the way at the top with IL2 rooms.

SIA_Sp00k
Aug-04-2018, 05:09
Hi Sp00k.

As far as I know only the Section Leader can place markers on the map. A Section member can place a marker only his section can see.

To do so you need to go the map in the spawn screen by hitting 'Enter'.

Right click on the area you want to mark and then from the menu select the mark you want to place.

Not been an SL much or used the map marking setup much. Something else to practice.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I will give this another go. Thought I had done similar to your post but no luck.
Cheers

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-05-2018, 10:10
ATAG_Vortex, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Ribbs, 69th_Zeb and myself met up on Team Speak last night as advertised.

After a short discussion we felt that any gathering involving players from different time zones would have to be around the 9pm (21:00) GMT.

We went onto a couple of different US servers to see if there were any problems with higher ping numbers for UK/EU or Australia. No one experienced a problem.

Initially we formed an Armoured section (Vampire, Vortex, Ribbs & Zeb) as Pat had yet to join us. So we took a Tiger for a drive. Not fast and vortex was testing the use of a Playstation/X-Box? controller in the drivers position.

Needless to say we didn't get to the front before the map finished and can confirm that the road signs in 1944 Netherlands are very strong.

We played a couple of maps with Pat as section leader in the Infantry role. I for one died a lot but is was good to be in a section (small one anyway) with CloD buddies. Pat did a good job as Section lead, Ribbs was hunting for bear (Wehrmacht) with his Marksmans rifle and Zeb was a silent killer with his Bren gun. Both looked the part!
Vortex was the Medic and laid his virtual life on the line more than once for his section mates.

All in all a good night and I think PS is a good game. Still many glitches and rough edges but well worth the effort.

A must is good comms with a bunch of friends and the teamwork that can bring.

Thanks chaps I enjoyed it and hope we can do it again soon. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Knuckles
Aug-05-2018, 10:15
Sorry I missed yesterday as I certainly planned to attend:
I will be checking that time zone to see if you guys are on

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-05-2018, 10:20
FYI, i tried twice looking under "other games" in TS and could not find PS, turns out it's listed all the way at the top with IL2 rooms.
I placed it at the top for easy identification..when jumping into TS,and to draw attention from possible people wondering what it's about.

BOO
Aug-05-2018, 10:52
Sincere apologues for missing. Sadly my Lab's Cruciate decided to give him hell so ended up nursing a wounded soldier here rather than on some dutch lane. Like Knuckles ill keep a look out for the 9pm slot.

Vamps - again thanks for the efforts on this.

Dai-San
Aug-05-2018, 11:46
By 21:00 I had given up waiting in the PS room on my own and gone to play some DCS. Please post up the next meetings time.

69th_Zeb
Aug-05-2018, 11:58
Had a good time too. I don't have issue with people taking their time to learn, and I found driving more optimized since recent patches so I'm fine driving next time.

We might have enough guys now for a 2 vehicle tank/scout team. :thumbsup:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36234&d=1533484593
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36235&d=1533484615

thee_oddball
Aug-05-2018, 17:05
Sorry i missed last night, but had 50th wedding anniversary for my cousin and it was also my birthday (52).....So i was naughty with the liquor and pizza :):) every year i get older the hangover last an hour more :( I miss being 20 and partying like a rock star and then jump out of bed at sunrise like nothing happened :)

p.s I really hope they fix the issues like street signs stopping a 50+ tank.

ATAG_Pattle
Aug-05-2018, 20:35
Hey Zeb, is that pic of us in th sections?

Looks like we know what we are doing!

I really hope they introduced the TrackIR edtracker ability.

So much easier to look about like in ARMA.

Thanks again guys, was good fun.

Have to say that when someone close gets hit, you can near feel it, and the animations are full on.

ATAG_Knuckles
Aug-05-2018, 22:06
Hey Zeb, is that pic of us in th sections?

Looks like we know what we are doing!

I really hope they introduced the TrackIR edtracker ability.

So much easier to look about like in ARMA.

Thanks again guys, was good fun.

Have to say that when someone close gets hit, you can near feel it, and the animations are full on.

Cripes if they can incorporate TrackIR that will give mr one handed many more options

69th_Zeb
Aug-05-2018, 23:48
Hey Zeb, is that pic of us in the sections?

Yes indeed. We were getting ready for the assault.

ATAG_Pattle
Aug-06-2018, 04:22
Reminds me of a picture I have from my Army Reserve days in the late 80's crouched down in the bush with my SLR :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-06-2018, 06:53
Reminds me of a picture I have from my Army Reserve days in the late 80's crouched down in the bush with my SLR :thumbsup:

Reminds me of my RAF NCOs cadre course. My webbing and SA80 weighed a 'ton' then we had to wade through a ditch with water up to our chests for I don't know how long.

Trying to get out of the ditch soaking wet, weighed down by everything and 'knackered'. The bank was steep and slimy wet mud. I needed assistance I can tell you.

Oh happy days! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-06-2018, 13:19
By 21:00 I had given up waiting in the PS room on my own and gone to play some DCS. Please post up the next meetings time.

We're u in the right room? I don't think I deleted the other one. But it's way down the list. I figured people would see the one we were in at the top. Sorry for the confusion

ATAG_Monkeynut
Aug-06-2018, 13:52
Just bought PS this weekend, not had a chance to have a go yet, hopefully join up with you soon!

ATAG_Vortex
Aug-06-2018, 15:32
Cripes if they can incorporate TrackIR that will give mr one handed many more options

Just imagine what it would be like with VR enabled!!!! :stunned::stunned::stunned:

thee_oddball
Aug-06-2018, 19:29
Just imagine what it would be like with VR enabled!!!! :stunned::stunned::stunned:

same engine as PS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O-32tjjdkA

SharkBait
Aug-07-2018, 10:13
ATAG_Vortex, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Ribbs, 69th_Zeb and myself met up on Team Speak last night as advertised.

After a short discussion we felt that any gathering involving players from different time zones would have to be around the 9pm (21:00) GMT.

We went onto a couple of different US servers to see if there were any problems with higher ping numbers for UK/EU or Australia. No one experienced a problem.

Initially we formed an Armoured section (Vampire, Vortex, Ribbs & Zeb) as Pat had yet to join us. So we took a Tiger for a drive. Not fast and vortex was testing the use of a Playstation/X-Box? controller in the drivers position.

Needless to say we didn't get to the front before the map finished and can confirm that the road signs in 1944 Netherlands are very strong.

We played a couple of maps with Pat as section leader in the Infantry role. I for one died a lot but is was good to be in a section (small one anyway) with CloD buddies. Pat did a good job as Section lead, Ribbs was hunting for bear (Wehrmacht) with his Marksmans rifle and Zeb was a silent killer with his Bren gun. Both looked the part!
Vortex was the Medic and laid his virtual life on the line more than once for his section mates.

All in all a good night and I think PS is a good game. Still many glitches and rough edges but well worth the effort.

A must is good comms with a bunch of friends and the teamwork that can bring.

Thanks chaps I enjoyed it and hope we can do it again soon. :thumbsup:

Sorry to have missed it! Sounds like good fun. Just like flight sims, I think a game like PS is made even better with good company, so I'm glad that folks like you are jumping in and actively playing together. Please keep us posted if there is another gathering planned for this Saturday! I'm GMT-5:00 so I should be A-OK if I can clear my late afternoon.

ATAG_Laser
Aug-07-2018, 12:49
Hi mate! Have look below ref system requirements.

Here are the Post Scriptum system requirements (minimum)

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
RAM: 8 GB
VIDEO CARD: Geforce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon R9 290

Post Scriptum Recommended Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU
RAM: 16 GB
VIDEO CARD: Geforce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290

My rig runs it fine and on most maps I get 50 to 60 FPS but my second older computer running a GTX960 struggles and is not really playable.

It would be great if a few of us can form a section and have a bit of fun. Anybody that shares a tank turret with Seas will be put in for an immediate Mention in Dispatches. :thumbsup:

Hi Vamps,

I have noticed a growing interest in Post Scriptum among our community.

As for me, I haven't given it much thought, but after a brief conversation with Knighty about PS on comms last night I have just checked it out on steam.

I have to say that it looks interesting, and I will look into it further, but the problem for me is a lack of time for gaming, as flight simming, or more specifically Cliffs of Dover, remains my number 1 focus, and playing PS would mean sacrificing some of my already limited CloD time.

It would seem like PS, like CLoD is pretty demanding on computer specs, possibly more so than CLoD?, so while my rig might just about cope, my laptop certainly wouldn't (I am able to spend more time on the lappy than at my rig)

Still, like I said, I will be finding out more about PS for sure :salute:

ATAG_Monkeynut
Aug-08-2018, 19:27
Having great fun so far in random PUGs, can't wait to play in some proper sections!

SIA_Sp00k
Aug-09-2018, 03:40
I missed the pow wow also. Enjoying the Bren gun, racking up some good kill rates with it. On average, at last, my overall kills are on par with deaths. A far cry from when I started :)

kirby19d
Aug-09-2018, 19:49
Super fun game

ATAG_Septic
Aug-19-2018, 09:03
I might be a bit late to the party chaps but I've decided to give this a go.

Septic.

EDIT. I just read about the foliage settings problem and changed my mind. I really hope they can fix that as it looks great otherwise.

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-20-2018, 06:20
Hi Septic!

Are you referring to where people turn off shadows and run at the lowest settings to gain an advantage?

I have my graphics set to the highest I can to get 50-90 FPS in game as I like the richness of the PS graphics. I know I must have been caught by the 'no shadows/low graphics' brigade but the game is more than them. They will no doubt melt away soon and return to their arcade 'shooters'.

I would give PS a shot brother, particularly if you are interested in Op Market Garden/WW2. A few of us have already tested the water and if you can get onto a good server with like minded individuals and use your comms the fun and immersion is great. There are glitches/problems for sure but these are early days.

I am away from my rig (holiday) at the moment but will gladly jump on with you if you want to give it a go.

To jump out of a C47 Dakota, land and form up with your section before heading into action is brilliant. :thumbsup:

Cheers brother. :cheers:

ATAG_Dave
Aug-22-2018, 10:51
Is it only weekend evenings that youguys get together for this game or is there activity during the week (GMT evenings)?

ATAG_Vampire
Aug-22-2018, 12:15
Hi Dave.

For any across the time zone get together it has to be a Saturday night about 9 pm (USA late morning/early afternoon, Australia Sunday morning early).

However, it has not been restricted to that and Vortex, Dai-San and I were on a few nights ago during the week. Prior to that Pattle and I were on non Weekend.

I am lucky as a retired person so I am flexible in most cases. This I know is not the case for most and work/family/ RL commitments dictate.

I frequently go on during the week both daytime and in the evening.

I am away at the moment but if you want to link up when I am back I am always happy to do that? Maybe we can get a few more of the other interested chaps to join in.

Post Scriptum has real potential from my perspective and the historical accuracy, gameplay style etc leads to a very immersive game /sim. Of course, finding the right server with players having the right attitude and using comms etc is key to it all working. :thumbsup:

Cheers brother. :cheers: