PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial for New Players - Post Scriptum

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-26-2018, 04:45
A good tutorial, by Mike Risley, for players new to PS and with no previous experience in Squad.

https://youtu.be/ipcWhy-HQ9k

I wish this had been available a few weeks ago when I started in the game.

Covers all the basics to get started. :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-26-2018, 09:19
certainly been waiting for this !!!

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-26-2018, 09:40
Hope you find it useful brother. :thumbsup:

BOO
Jul-26-2018, 09:52
Kudos Vamps for being the Chief co-ordinator and curator of all things PS here.

S!

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-28-2018, 11:03
not sure where to post this as PS is pretty new:

I am using triple monitor. and when I call up the
Map I get this
right in between the screens , any one have any idea how to move this map. wist it was like the map in CloD

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-28-2018, 12:23
Hi Knuckles.

I just saw your post ref map position, on screen, in PS.

As far as I know there is no way to move the map at the moment.

Whether the Devs change that in the future is another matter. Unless anybody knows different?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help brother. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-28-2018, 21:34
Just curious..can you drag it with your mouse like in clod?

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-29-2018, 02:34
Just curious..can you drag it with your mouse like in clod?

I went into game to try exactly that Ribbs.

When you have spawned in if you press 'M' it will bring up the map. This is in the middle of the screen.

For me I have no way of placing the cursor on that map. Therefore I can't move it.

If you hit 'ENTER' it takes you back to the spawn/section select menu screen. I can then use my cursor on the map which is on the left of the screen. But of course cannot move the map.

Anybody know anything different?????? :thumbsup:

SIA_Sp00k
Jul-29-2018, 05:35
You can’t move it ingame. You can zoom in with the “n” key, not that, that helps.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-29-2018, 10:27
Just discovered the "Enter" key that brings up the full size map that I can interact with. still a bunch to learn

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-29-2018, 12:46
New tutorial from Mike Risley (Indy Rizz).

https://youtu.be/Vta0PZyIEb0

I still couldn't hit a barn door at 50 paces!!!!

I never could with a real Lee Enfield and, however tight you get it into your shoulder, after a few rounds your collar bone is so sore.

Hope it helps. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-30-2018, 08:34
Change the map key" m" by default to the enter key and see if that helps. In the tutorial he mentioned that that's a better option for the map key. Maybe you can drag it then? I played the medic role last night, and what a blast that was. Lots of responsibility..but man is it intense. Plus you get binocs which helps alot. Still learning, but what a blast trying to make it to your fallen comrades.. before they bled out. Last night was also the first time I had a good Squad leader that kept us all together and on point. Lots of fun.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-30-2018, 09:34
the enter key works pretty well but still can't drag AND I was in with you last night , same server as I saw your name,as a medic as well , don't think my mike was on correctly so wasn't transmitting, was trying to get to you but was getting shot

ATAG_Ribbs
Jul-30-2018, 09:59
Ahhh sweet Knucks.. the ONE time I was playing..and I WASNT on our TS channel...damn. I was on it earlier..but shut down TS and didn't start it back up. Sorry brotha..wont make that mistake again...haha