PDA

View Full Version : Hei from Northern Norway

Thaine
Jan-19-2013, 09:11
Hei everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself as well. I'm Thaine from Norway.

Has been a while since I did combat flying. Was flying mostly with FSX lately and started to do all my flights online (VATSIM) a bit over a year ago. Now, after my brother introduced me to the IL-2 series, I got myself Cliffs of Dover and as a consequence I want to fly online as well. The thrill to fly with/against other human players got me.

So I turned up here after some searching and heard only good about the ATAG server. Hope for some advice, fun and maybe a position as a Wingman when online now and then.

Cheers,
Thaine

ATAG_Slipstream
Jan-19-2013, 09:50
Hi Thaine,

Welcome to the forums.

Can't beat some flights with FSX and VATSIM, I fly for a virtual airline, its great fun! but IL2 series is my real baby, I can't get enough of Cliffs of Dover.

See you in the skies :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-19-2013, 10:23
Hi Thaine and, as Slippy said, welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

A few months ago I bought and installed FSX in order to further install A2A's Wings of Power 3 Spitfire 1a/2a. Normally I prefer combat sims, but this was money well spent IMHO simply as an educational device. The detail and research put into this Spittie was phenomenal, plus it has been interesting comparing the flight modelling of the A2A Spitfires to the Clod counterparts.

Please be sure to download and install Teamspeak (detailed here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8105U1WY9ro ) We're a friendly bunch, and dedicating a joystick button for Teamspeak's "push-to-talk" will enhance your flying experience in Cliffs of Dover immensely.Looking forward to joining you in the "friendly" skies over Dover! :D

Snapper

ATAG_Septic
Jan-19-2013, 10:37
Hi Thaine and Welcome to the forum.

As Snapper suggests, Teamspeak is key for getting help and fun, please shout up if you see me online and I'll be whatever help I can.

Good Hunting,

Septic.

LuseKofte
Jan-19-2013, 10:56
Hey I am from Northern Norway too, originally from Narvik but moved up to Tromsoe in 1987
Welcome

Thaine
Jan-20-2013, 05:01
Thanks for the nice welcome. Teamspeak is installed and hopefully I manage to spent some time online soon. I did some offline missions yesterday to get familiar with everything; and I think there's a lot I need to get familiar with. I completely lack situational awarness, the ability to spot enemies and formation flight could be better as well.

Hi Thaine,

Welcome to the forums.

Can't beat some flights with FSX and VATSIM, I fly for a virtual airline, its great fun! but IL2 series is my real baby, I can't get enough of Cliffs of Dover.

See you in the skies :thumbsup:

Cool, what airline are you flying for? I'm a pilot for Virtual Scandinavian, mostly flying in the Bergen, Oslo, Trondheim, Stockholm area. Sometimes I make as well trips to Munich or Innsbruck.

Hey I am from Northern Norway too, originally from Narvik but moved up to Tromsoe in 1987
Welcome

Funny to meet you here. I'm originally from Munich/Germany and moved to Tromsoe in 2009.