PDA

View Full Version : My Avatar

ATAG_Laser
Nov-28-2018, 15:53
As some of you will have spotted, I recently changed my Avatar to a picture of a Great war soldier to mark the 100th anniversary of the ending of the conflict.

The soldier is my Great Grandfather, Private Robert Smith,who was killed at Ypres on 21st March 1918.

I have just been sent this by a family member, which gives a bit more information about him.

Just thought I would share with you all, and I would be interested to know of any of your ancestors who fought in any of the conflicts of the 20th century.

We will remember them

ATAG_Lewis
Nov-28-2018, 15:57
A Tribute to Those Who Served (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8382)

Perfect Lase...~S~

No.119_Marshy (VK-M)
Dec-07-2018, 10:06
great grandfather drove ambulances during WWI, after which he set up a taxi service during the inter-war period. He knew every pub in the South of England!
both grandfathers served in the RAF in WWII. One serviced Dakotas and Hurricanes in India and Burma, whilst the other one was a radio message interceptor at a Y station (Chicksands Priory in Bedforshire) working on mainly Italian intercepts.

ATAG_Laser
Dec-09-2018, 13:48
Thanks for the reply's.

I will link this thread in with Lewis's 'Those that served'. Didn't know there was a similar thread to this one already out there