PDA

View Full Version : TFS Developer Update - Patch v4.54

Bonkin
Jan-11-2019, 08:17
Hello everybody and a Happy New Year to you all.

This is just a short update to announce that we are releasing a v4.54 patch via Steam today. This is a bug fix and enhancements release (no new content) and although it is a patch, it is a full 8GB download. This is because we are also introducing a new release and patch procedure - which we will use to roll out further patches between now and the release of TF 5.0.

The list of fixes and enhancements is as follows:

Enhanced grass rendering (Fix for the grass popping up).
Fixed parachutes disappearing in the distance.
Fixed steam lobby creation.
Removed “Jump Points“ aka 'Long Grass Traps' on the airfields.

This does not fix the spawn points off the airfields, yet.
Bugtracker: #562, #774, #867, #869

Fixed wrong GUI font messing up cursor position and input fields in chat and Full Mission Builder.
Implemented radiator over-pressure valve for aircraft with pressurised radiators.
Water radiator only vents as long as there's a reserve.
Various changes in Blenheim MkIV top gunner cabin animations.
Separated sight illumination control for multi-crew aircraft.
Smooth lever/switches cockpit animations for Bf110 versions, Blenheim MkIV, BR.20, Tiger Moth, G.50, He 111, Hurricane Mk1, Ju 87B2, Bf 109 versions, Spitfire versions and Su 26.
JU88-A1 turrets B and C must now be unlocked with the "Toggle Park Position" key (as with other turrets).

Bugtracker: #737

If markings were switched off (in plane options), they no longer show in tracks.

Bugtracker: #1009

Smoke tracers.
Hurricane MkI FB bomb switch display error when dropping bombs from external view

Bugtracker: #1021

Bf 109 trim indicator display and range corrected

Bugtracker: #560, #990, #1004

Shaders optimisations

NOTE:

- Please be sure to delete your cache file (in your 'Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' folder) before running the game again.

- Some people who are running AVG or AVAST Anti-Virus are having problems with them blocking the game from running. Solutions: Add an exception for the 64 bit launcher .exe in the main folder. If you still continue to have problems, then you may need to uninstall the Anti-Virus program, (delete all folders after uninstall), then restart your computer, run the game once, then re-install the Anti-Virus and add CoD-Blitz to the exceptions before running the game again.

Launcher .exe is the file with the Blue and Red rondel.

We hope you enjoy it.

For and on behalf of Team Fusion Simulations,

Bonkin.

SamJoDo
Jan-11-2019, 08:22
Great list! Thanks TFS!!

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-11-2019, 08:53
Thanks Bonkin and TFS! :thumbsup:

I've requested our Server Operator to update the ATAG Server accordingly.

:salute:

ATAG_Vampire
Jan-11-2019, 09:24
Thanks Bonkin and TFS! :thumbsup

+1

As a great British entrepreneur used to say........ "Lovely Jubbly". :thumbsup:

o7 :salute:

No.119_Squidly (VK-D)
Jan-11-2019, 10:24
The new tracers look really good. Authentic eye candy...
Have you got any tracers that will let me hit another plane though ? :D

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-11-2019, 11:15
Very good stuff TFS and Bonkin! More excited about the patch releasing procedure! Hopefully it helps make releasing patches quicker and easier for you guys. S!

No.119_Marshy (VK-M)
Jan-11-2019, 11:59
I agree with Squidly, those smoke tracers are "smokin"

Thanks to everyone involved for the patch

archer11
Jan-11-2019, 12:33
Came home after a hard day, fired up steam to play some stuff, get message about a 6GB download.
Took me a while to realise who it was from and what it was for.

So no Naval Action for me tonight. Instead sitting here with a glass of Glenrothes in hand, waiting for the download to finish (will take 3h with the lame stuff available in my neck of the woods...) and then FLYING. Yeah!

Thanks a lot guys! You saved the day, the week, this sim! You're awesome! Cheers!

DUI
Jan-11-2019, 13:38
Thank you TFS!

Though, as first feedback: My antivirus program "Avast Free Antivirus" identifies the new Launcher64.exe as infected ("IDP.Generic"). I had to add an exception in order to be able to run the game.
As far as I remember the antivirus scan-settings should be the default ones. At least more or less.

ATAG_Jeepy
Jan-11-2019, 14:14
Happy New Year and Thanks a lot to the whole team for another step up on this great simulator!

DRock
Jan-11-2019, 14:15
Great work, Team Fusion.

Thank you.:thumbsup:

farley
Jan-11-2019, 15:01
Fantastic!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the patch TF.:salute:

ATAG_Scones
Jan-11-2019, 15:04
Excellent! :thumbsup:

Thanks Bonkin and TFS!

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-11-2019, 15:37
Loving the new update. TFS! Especially the new, more realistic parachutes!

Hey, hey, hey! So...no more 'ATAG_ Marlow's parachute failed to deploy!'..... messages? Happy days!

Or have I missed something? Please don't say TFS have left Big Hilda still in charge of Parachute Packing!!!!

Gordon Bennet! How could they?

DUI
Jan-11-2019, 16:10
By any chance did the netcode changes made it in the patch?

ATAG_Pattle
Jan-11-2019, 16:54
Thanks TFS for the update and keeping our communities dream alive.

Marlow, Hilda now OIC at armoury. So when we shoot and cant hit a barn door, your know who loaded you up mate!

And Hilda has a twin over in France too!

Pattle :salute:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-11-2019, 16:56
As above !

Cheers fellas.

You truely ROCK !

Startrek66
Jan-11-2019, 18:43
Great update. I really enjoyed the effect of the fumes when shooting with the MG!:thumbsup:
I also noticed that in the Black of death track, a bf109 flies in formation with boiling water..... that smokes white.:salute:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-11-2019, 18:50
Thank you TFS!

Though, as first feedback: My antivirus program "Avast Free Antivirus" identifies the new Launcher64.exe as infected ("IDP.Generic"). I had to add an exception in order to be able to run the game.
As far as I remember the antivirus scan-settings should be the default ones. At least more or less.

I run windows defender

no problems to report.

be interesting to hear from others though.

I ran thrid party AV stuff for years.

then... I didn't.

never had an issue since. I've had plenty of pop up "buy this essential upgrade" scamware notices before.

minded to think that the "free" tools (windows defender accepted) flag up stuff that will drum up custom for the paid for version of whatever super duper "free" AV software you got.

I'm mainly minded that way because of two things:

1: It would be a VERY lucrative business model
2: awww.... you caught me out !! I don't want to repeat myself. See point 1.

and as a third point...

just going with windows defender has been seamless.

:dthumb:

ATAG_Knight
Jan-11-2019, 18:58
Now we've got smoking tracers I might re-load them so I can sneak up on Ezzie behind a smoke screen and his tail gunner won't see me .:recon:

Seriously though . Great work TFS and please keep them coming . Well done guys .:thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-11-2019, 19:02
Now we've got smoking tracers I might re-load them so I can sneak up on Ezzie behind a smoke screen and his tail gunner won't see me .:recon:

Seriously though . Great work TFS and please keep them coming . Well done guys .:thumbsup:

The smoke tracers are awesome !!

ATAG_Ezzie
Jan-11-2019, 19:15

Lol. Kiwi was my gunner earlier and he would still see you Knighty....

The smoking tracers look awesome sitting in my rear cockpit while they are being fired at me and going over my head and into my aircraft etc.

Ezzie

priller26
Jan-11-2019, 19:38
Sweet and good news time to start playing again!:thumbsup:

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-11-2019, 19:45
Marlow, Hilda now OIC at armoury. So when we shoot and can't hit a barn door, your know who loaded you up, mate!

And Hilda has a twin over in France, too!

Pattle :salute:

Dear Red Pilots.........I have to report some very serious intelligence just received from MI6, London.

We have just intercepted a letter, sent to Big Hilda at Lympne, from her sister, Brunhilda, who has been promoted from the Armoury and now works in the Laundry Department at Marquise West. Apparently she is now in charge of all JG 52's smalls! In her letter, Brunhilda boasts that JG 52 are invincible! They cannot be shot down because the Fuhrer has issued them with...........................IRON UNDERPANTS!!!!!!' :stunned:

Experimentation with cannon firing Spitfires has consequently been accelerated and it seems likely the new weapons will be available for the up coming North African Campaign!

Iron underpants.....manufactured by Krupps, deep within the Rhur! This explains everything.....just what will the dreaded 'yellow noses' think of next! Salute! :recon:

ATAG_Slot
Jan-12-2019, 03:32
Excellent start to the new year, many thanks TFS.
Echo all the good comments.

Is it my imagination or are the clouds slightly better?
i haven't seen the dreaded "flat bottom" at a few thousand feet yet.

:thumbsup:

TWC_Fatal_Error
Jan-12-2019, 05:03
Marlow is not to be issued any parachute........Good work TF .......TWC Campaign server testing has been updated but mission server awaits Flugs magic fingers!

DerDa
Jan-12-2019, 05:29
Iron underpants.....manufactured by Krupps, deep within the Rhur! This explains everything.....just what will the dreaded 'yellow noses' think of next! Salute! :recon:

Hush!
It's top secret, but I heard a rumour that the ingenious engineers of FG28 are already experimenting to replace the 303s with squirt guns that will make those metal panties rust!

That will show them!

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-12-2019, 05:59
Is it my imagination or are the clouds slightly better?
I haven't seen the dreaded "flat bottom" at a few thousand feet yet.

....nothing wrong with a 'flat bottom,' Slot. I used to sport one myself! (About 35 years ago!) Salute! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Knight
Jan-12-2019, 06:10
For those not in the know .

I'd like to introduce 'Big Hilda' .

Here she is doing her small's in the parachute packing room . Marlow spends all his spare time there cos it's nice and warm by the fire .

And here she is patiently waiting for her hero to return , bless!

ATAG_Laser
Jan-12-2019, 06:37
Cheers Bonkin for the update, and thank you to all at TFS for bringing these improvements to the community.

Your work is very much appreciated :thumbsup:

ATAG_Scones
Jan-12-2019, 06:58
Dear Red Pilots.........I have to report some very serious intelligence just received from MI6, London.

We have just intercepted a letter, sent to Big Hilda at Lympne, from her sister, Brunhilda, who has been promoted from the Armoury and now works in the Laundry Department at Marquise West. Apparently she is now in charge of all JG 52's smalls! In her letter, Brunhilda boasts that JG 52 are invincible! They cannot be shot down because the Fuhrer has issued them with...........................IRON UNDERPANTS!!!!!!' :stunned:

Experimentation with cannon firing Spitfires has consequently been accelerated and it seems likely the new weapons will be available for the up coming North African Campaign!

Although German manufacturing produces very innovative and highly engineered stuff. Its production is a rather slow process and as a result there aren't enough Iron underpants to go around. However, the pilots of JG52 who have been issued these are often referred to by their fellow pilots as 'Der Unter Clankers'.

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-12-2019, 07:02
By gum! What a fine pair of ........smalls!

Good looking woman, that Hilda! Perhaps JG 52 can sneak into the Laundry at Marquise West and supply a photo of the vaunted Brunhilda? We'll be all AGOG! Smuggle it across on a JU 88! We promise not to tell The Reich Marschall!

(And if she happened to be sporting a pair of iron underpants, Highseas will be forever in a-quiver! :stunned: ) Salute! :thumbsup:

DerDa
Jan-12-2019, 08:37
(And if she happened to be sporting a pair of iron underpants, Highseas will be forever in a-quiver! :stunned: ) Salute! :thumbsup:

There's the latest reconnaisance picture, taken by an intrepid Blennie crew with exteme zoom lenses and wall penetrating x-ray cameras:

http://es-kiz.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2c710f79d48d0690cf3588d022249123.jpg

The secrets of German laundry will be no longer stay sectret!

farley
Jan-12-2019, 09:46
Iron underpants.....manufactured by Krupps.......

I have a pair of those Marlow. Honest!:D

But for some reason they are getting rusty.......:ind:

As i seem to be......:(

:)

dambuster617
Jan-12-2019, 10:58
Hi all,

I've noticed since yesterday a problem with the colour when playing in single player mode. The Menu and title pages are fine but in-game the whole screen is dominated by a yellowness hue. This is when looking inside and outside the cockpit. I've tried messing with in-game video options settings but can't get rid of this. I noticed in the release notes a reference to shades - could this have upset something?

Thanks

diziet
Jan-12-2019, 10:59
Thanks for the update and all your ongoing work TFS. Can't wait for v5. Unfortunately I'm having probs with this latest patch. Whenever I'm near another aircraft I get out of control polygons everwhere. It's like someone's vomitting evil triangles over my screen.... Any ideas?

DUI
Jan-12-2019, 11:09
It might be a good idea to clear your cache (https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30322&p=326964&viewfull=1#post326964). :salute:

ATAG_Slot
Jan-12-2019, 11:10
....nothing wrong with a 'flat bottom,' Slot. I used to sport one myself! (About 35 years ago!) Salute! :thumbsup:

Likewise!

Hope Big Hilda and Brunhilda don't take it personally....

As a red pilot I need my cannons asap.

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-12-2019, 11:16
I have a pair of those Marlow. Honest!:D

But for some reason they are getting rusty.......:ind:

As i seem to be......:(

Commiserations, Farley, dear chap....you're definitely NOT alone! Salute! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Marlow
Jan-12-2019, 11:20
there aren't enough Iron underpants to go around. However, the pilots of JG52 who have been issued these are often referred to by their fellow pilots as 'Der Unter Clankers'.

......BBBBWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

'Der Unter Clankers!' Love it, Sconesy! :D :thumbsup:

carbolicus
Jan-12-2019, 12:35
Fantastic job chaps, many thanks - been longing for realistic smoking tracers for years!

Also great news that we no longer get double markings on customs skins when playing back tracks - so helpful for movie makers and I'm surprised no-one else has cheered this one. Are the great days of CLOD movies now over? Is Barfly no longer making his stunning films??!

Kling
Jan-12-2019, 12:44
so more additional effects in the next patch hopefully! ;)

whurst1
Jan-12-2019, 17:42
I want to say thank you to TF for all your time and effort. The true feeling of flight has been introduced more than ever before in v4.54. I am amazed at the difference and excitedly look forward to 5.0!:salute:

WH

Mysticpuma
Jan-12-2019, 18:09
Really appreciate the update, especially the removal of default skins in replays :photographer:

Really only had a few minutes to run it so I ran the default Black Death trk to see some of the new effects. First thing I see is the white vapour pouring out of the 109, not sure what causes it but it runs through the trk leaking from the aircraft. Interesting effect.
What did stand out for me (again just looking briefly at the effects) is the odd looking explosions on the ground.

So if anyone runs the Black Death track it's the point when the bombs explode on the runway. They sort of explode, the explosion builds and plumes and then the inertia stops. It's really difficult to explain but they explode and then freeze rather than expand? I honestly don't like the effect.

Don't think I don't appreciate the time and effort to remove particles and increase fps, but somewhere in the process the explosions have lost there power/beauty/impressive Ness.... they just look wrong. Hopefully there is a way to bring some beauty back to them?

One point I would hope can be explained is the move to a non Steam patch downloader. The move to Steam was seen as a huge boon for the sim, even as recently as yesterday players were saying how surprised they were to launch Steam and see a new patch downloading. This was the whole point. A unique distribution system which takes away the need for the player to hunt down or proactively try and find a new patch. Should they be unaware that Clod is still being developed, loading Steam will simply update. Simple.

So simply put, why the change?

Cheers, MP

mop
Jan-13-2019, 05:47
Great work guys. Best way to do a developer update :P

Startrek66
Jan-13-2019, 05:58
Really appreciate the update, especially the removal of default skins in replays :photographer:

Really only had a few minutes to run it so I ran the default Black Death trk to see some of the new effects. First thing I see is the white vapour pouring out of the 109, not sure what causes it but it runs through the trk leaking from the aircraft. Interesting effect.
What did stand out for me (again just looking briefly at the effects) is the odd looking explosions on the ground.

So if anyone runs the Black Death track it's the point when the bombs explode on the runway. They sort of explode, the explosion builds and plumes and then the inertia stops. It's really difficult to explain but they explode and then freeze rather than expand? I honestly don't like the effect.

Don't think I don't appreciate the time and effort to remove particles and increase fps, but somewhere in the process the explosions have lost there power/beauty/impressive Ness.... they just look wrong. Hopefully there is a way to bring some beauty back to them?

One point I would hope can be explained is the move to a non Steam patch downloader. The move to Steam was seen as a huge boon for the sim, even as recently as yesterday players were saying how surprised they were to launch Steam and see a new patch downloading. This was the whole point. A unique distribution system which takes away the need for the player to hunt down or proactively try and find a new patch. Should they be unaware that Clod is still being developed, loading Steam will simply update. Simple.

Cheers, MP

The reason why this update was introduced, as read, is also to test a new method of distributing updates. I also liked this update because it did not cause slowdowns in the fluidity of the simulator. I would just like to hope that in the next edition v. 5, the fluidity is preserved that in my case allows me to fly with a frame rate locked at 30.
Best regards

Mysticpuma
Jan-13-2019, 06:47

Cheers, MP

Here's a video of the issue compared to previous versions.

https://youtu.be/UOPSihSLrhM

Mysticpuma
Jan-13-2019, 09:21
One of the features I was really looking forward to, especially as it would allow great tank battle footage is the fix for pop up grass. So I created a quick mission and ran it. Pop up grass isn't fixed by a long shot, here's video I created just. This is a complete fresh install of Blitz with v4.54. Did the fix get included?

https://youtu.be/cRw5KH2T3X8

The very small mission can be downloaded here. Copy it into you
MyDocuments\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single
then just load it from the Single Mission interface. When it starts you may have to hit F2 to get to the vehicle, then you can see the grass pop into view as it always did :(

http://www.mediafire.com/file/853lbhfsdha1dvn/grass.mis/file

Baffin
Jan-13-2019, 10:37
Spitfire Tracer Opinion: The smoke trail tracers are very pretty and I hope they are authentic, but with outboard guns firing tracer every seventh round, I find smoke to be excessive and sometimes disorienting. I have always preferred outboard tracers so that I can perceive convergence at the target as well as divergence during strafing of ground targets... (All bullets are between the impacting tracers).

The new smoky tracers are so pronounced that I found it necessary to switch to tracers on the inboard guns only to avoid these issues. With tracers every seventh round in the inboard and outboard guns, the target frequently became obscured due to the excessive smoke.

My only reference for tracer effect is from gun camera footage in the movies, but it seems to me that CLoD needs to tone it down a little to match these historical film records of gunfire tracers. :shoot:

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-13-2019, 11:02
Always have to ask, did u clear your cashe after 4.54 install?

Little Bill
Jan-13-2019, 11:13
Spitfire Tracer Opinion: The smoke trail tracers are very pretty and I hope they are authentic, but with outboard guns firing tracer every seventh round, I find smoke to be excessive and sometimes disorienting. I have always preferred outboard tracers so that I can perceive convergence at the target as well as divergence during strafing of ground targets... (All bullets are between the impacting tracers).

The new smoky tracers are so pronounced that I found it necessary to switch to tracers on the inboard guns only to avoid these issues. With tracers every seventh round in the inboard and outboard guns, the target frequently became obscured due to the excessive smoke.

My only reference for tracer effect is from gun camera footage in the movies, but it seems to me that CLoD needs to tone it down a little to match these historical film records of gunfire tracers. :shoot:

I am with you on this one. Same observation and problem. I am presently at 6 to 1 on the outboard guns and since you were at 7 to 1 I think I will try 9 to 1 to tone it down some.

Tibsun
Jan-13-2019, 11:26

Cheers, MP

Maybe you want to overthink what's more realistic.
I like it because it looks more realistic to me, watching your video.
Previously you have the brown dust balls floating around the ground and black smoke above it traveling higher.
Now you get squirts of dust and stones thrown up into the sky really fast by the explostion until they stop because of gravity and airdrag.
The higher the expanding speeds, the faster it slows down. And dust is so light, it stopps really fast
After that the black smoke of fuel and fire creeps up above them.
You might be little bit right if you don't want them the dust and smoke freeze that quickly, and want the black smoke creep up faster or be a little higher then the squirts in first place.
Please watch your video again, in the end the black smoke gets above it.
Look at the squirts, they look atleast similar to 4.312, which is much better in my opinion, better than 4.53.
It's not the best, I still don't like the black smoke balls and all teh other "balls", but still it's an improvement to me.

Little Bill
Jan-13-2019, 11:32
I am with you on this one. Same observation and problem. I am presently at 6 to 1 on the outboard guns and since you were at 7 to 1 I think I will try 9 to 1 to tone it down some.

OK, I did some testing and I am wrong here. I had set my loadout for a white tracer every 4 rounds (3 to 1) about a week ago and never changed it back. How that it is set to 7 to 1 I like, no problems with the smoke tracer for me.

Bill

Startrek66
Jan-13-2019, 13:49
Here's a video of the issue compared to previous versions.

https://youtu.be/UOPSihSLrhM

In my opinion it is now more realistic, especially for how the ground is projected.

carbolicus
Jan-13-2019, 13:53
Personally I'd prefer even more marked smoking effects with tracers - there are Battle of Britain camera gun films which show marked tracer smoke from all eight guns but interestingly no sign of glowing tracers. Could these be de Wilde rounds?

There is a reference in Ginger Neil's "Gun Button to Fire" BOB memoirs where he says how much they liked de Wilde because it left a 'nice smoking trace and distinct flash on impact' - implying that the round, whilst not tracer as such, left a distinctive smoke trail.

Artist
Jan-13-2019, 17:15
Concerning the 'grass popup': Unfortunately there will always be a 'popup', because that's the way a visibility bubble works. So we did not say it's gone completly. We said "Enhanced grass rendering (Fix for the grass popping up)."

For comparison:

This is how it looked like on 4.53:
https://vimeo.com/306643091

This is how it looks like in 4.54:
https://vimeo.com/306643186

This does not solve all problems, but we think it is an improvement for the time being.

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-13-2019, 17:18
Less pop up

I'd call that a win

Aussie Pilot
Jan-13-2019, 19:50
Hi Guy's, not sure if mine has updated correctly but I just did an update that was only about 13mb in size, done in no time at all and my game display's Version 4.54 on the in game screen.

Steam mentioned nothing about 6-8 gig updates. Two of the guys that I fly with on line had 6 gig updates.

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-13-2019, 21:10
I had to verify my files to get it to trigger the update

Aussie Pilot
Jan-13-2019, 21:39
I had to verify my files to get it to trigger the update

Thanks, just tried that in steam/Clod Blitz properties and it said all my files are good. Weird aye.

diziet
Jan-15-2019, 15:55
It might be a good idea to clear your cache (https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30322&p=326964&viewfull=1#post326964). :salute:

Thanks, did try this and it worked for a wee while. Problem was back next time I started the game (made sure I cleared the shader folder, as described in your link, that time as well). Should I clear out the entirety of the cache folder?

DerDa
Jan-15-2019, 16:49
Thanks, did try this and it worked for a wee while. Problem was back next time I started the game (made sure I cleared the shader folder, as described in your link, that time as well). Should I clear out the entirety of the cache folder?

Just delete the whole cache folder every time before starting the game.
Next time it will be there again.

Mastiff
Jan-16-2019, 07:32
love the new patch!

Only grip I have is when, I'm used to flying in VR, and now the damn track I.R is all over the place. not true 1 to 1 feeling and makes it very hard to fly in here now!
I have indicated in the pics, of where I'm seeing this as it does not render in a screen shot.

I'm also seeing Screen tearing.

\Hawk/
Jan-16-2019, 11:32
Heave Ho!

Thank you so much TFS!

carbolicus
Jan-19-2019, 12:22
Just realised that I've been seeing very little tracer smoke as I've been using the old yellow or red tracers. With the white tracer round (presumably new) I really like the effect hugely - more smoke but a less prominent glow.

Seems to me all tastes are catered for - if you want less smoke swap your white tracers for yellow ones!

Personally I'd prefer even more marked smoking effects with tracers - there are Battle of Britain camera gun films which show marked tracer smoke from all eight guns but interestingly no sign of glowing tracers. Could these be de Wilde rounds?

There is a reference in Ginger Neil's "Gun Button to Fire" BOB memoirs where he says how much they liked de Wilde because it left a 'nice smoking trace and distinct flash on impact' - implying that the round, whilst not tracer as such, left a distinctive smoke trail.

Eisenfaustus
Jan-21-2019, 05:46
Great you are rolling out patches before the 5.0 Release! I like the new tracer effects :)

But why aren't you using steam more for marketing your product?

All the monthly updates you are doing now could also be posted on steam news to reach those who are not active on this forum! (btw - you should defnitly include the original manual [or maybe even a new one ;)] in the CLOD Blitz Profile if you want Blitz to be attractive to new Players as well ^^

One quick question concerning bugfixing: Is it planned to fix SP-loadouts and the constant unmapping of joysticks?

FG28_matkenhaus
Jan-21-2019, 06:33
...and the constant unmapping of joysticks?

Hello Eisenfaust,

your problem with unmapped Controller can be fixed by this:

1. Go to Devicemanager (rightklick on Windowsbutton downright at the desktop)
2. switch to USB-Devices
3. rightklick and properties (image 1)
4. go to tab "energy management"
5. untoggle checkbox "Computer can switch of device to save energy" (image 2)
6. repeat for every USB-Device

7. Go to systemcontrol and deactivate "selective powersaving" for USB under energyoptions (image 3)

Sorry for offtopic and my bad english, the points maybe namend different on your Windows and the sample images are in german...

gareth1
Jan-21-2019, 12:30
Is it my imagination that the default spitfire squadron codes and fuselage roundels are larger than before ?

major_setback
Jan-21-2019, 16:51
Is it my imagination that the default spitfire squadron codes and fuselage roundels are larger than before ?

They should't be, as far as I know. Unless someone else in the team altered them.

addict
Jan-21-2019, 17:21
hi, i have a problem with a elevator trim in BF 109. When i have it in position 0 (center axis in joystick) ,in the plane it is in position 3. Almost to the maximum. It just happens to me with this plane.

ATAG_Oskar
Jan-21-2019, 17:53
hi, i have a problem with a elevator trim in BF 109. When i have it in position 0 (center axis in joystick) ,in the plane it is in position 3. Almost to the maximum. It just happens to me with this plane.

That's because the range is from -3 to 7 degrees. I have to set a 0% Deadzone of .5 to get the lever position away from the detent at the zero degree mark for level flight.

Eisenfaustus
Jan-24-2019, 13:09
Hello Eisenfaust,

your problem with unmapped Controller can be fixed by this:

1. Go to Devicemanager (rightklick on Windowsbutton downright at the desktop)
2. switch to USB-Devices
3. rightklick and properties (image 1)
4. go to tab "energy management"
5. untoggle checkbox "Computer can switch of device to save energy" (image 2)
6. repeat for every USB-Device

7. Go to systemcontrol and deactivate "selective powersaving" for USB under energyoptions (image 3)

Sorry for offtopic and my bad english, the points maybe namend different on your Windows and the sample images are in german...

Thanks - I unplugged/replugged the joystick to test wether the controls are unmapped again...

and they were not!

Hope it stays that way :D

And don't worry because of the screenshots - we seem to share the same mothertongue :D

ATAG_Ribbs
Jan-24-2019, 18:38
For safety sake..copy and paste you Conf.ini file to a safe place, so u can just copy and paste it back in if you ever have to remap your joysticks.

TWC_SLAG
Jan-25-2019, 19:04
Hello everybody and a Happy New Year to you all.

This is just a short update to announce that we are releasing a v4.54 patch via Steam today. This is a bug fix and enhancements release (no new content) and although it is a patch, it is a full 8GB download. This is because we are also introducing a new release and patch procedure - which we will use to roll out further patches between now and the release of TF 5.0.

The list of fixes and enhancements is as follows:

Enhanced grass rendering (Fix for the grass popping up).
Fixed parachutes disappearing in the distance.
Fixed steam lobby creation.
Removed “Jump Points“ aka 'Long Grass Traps' on the airfields.

This does not fix the spawn points off the airfields, yet.
Bugtracker: #562, #774, #867, #869

Fixed wrong GUI font messing up cursor position and input fields in chat and Full Mission Builder.
Implemented radiator over-pressure valve for aircraft with pressurised radiators.
Water radiator only vents as long as there's a reserve.
Various changes in Blenheim MkIV top gunner cabin animations.
Separated sight illumination control for multi-crew aircraft.
Smooth lever/switches cockpit animations for Bf110 versions, Blenheim MkIV, BR.20, Tiger Moth, G.50, He 111, Hurricane Mk1, Ju 87B2, Bf 109 versions, Spitfire versions and Su 26.
JU88-A1 turrets B and C must now be unlocked with the "Toggle Park Position" key (as with other turrets).

Bugtracker: #737

If markings were switched off (in plane options), they no longer show in tracks.

Bugtracker: #1009

Smoke tracers.
Hurricane MkI FB bomb switch display error when dropping bombs from external view

Bugtracker: #1021

Bf 109 trim indicator display and range corrected

Bugtracker: #560, #990, #1004

Shaders optimisations

NOTE:

- Please be sure to delete your cache file (in your 'Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' folder) before running the game again.

- Some people who are running AVG or AVAST Anti-Virus are having problems with them blocking the game from running. Solutions: Add an exception for the 64 bit launcher .exe in the main folder. If you still continue to have problems, then you may need to uninstall the Anti-Virus program, (delete all folders after uninstall), then restart your computer, run the game once, then re-install the Anti-Virus and add CoD-Blitz to the exceptions before running the game again.

Launcher .exe is the file with the Blue and Red rondel.

We hope you enjoy it.

For and on behalf of Team Fusion Simulations,

Bonkin.

I d/l to Steam, don’t want it there. Should I delete it, and then d/l to one of my computers drives, or what?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-25-2019, 19:21
I d/l to Steam, don’t want it there. Should I delete it, and then d/l to one of my computers drives, or what?

Not sure I understand what you are asking.

The latest patch is installed through Steam the same way that the CoD-Blitz was.

Open Steam, go to your library of games, select CoD-Blitz and click on play and the game will be automatically updated.

As mentioned:

Please be sure to delete your cache file (in your 'Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' folder) before running the game again.

tedd
Jun-20-2019, 18:39
Hi I'm new to this site. Were can I download the Team Fusion mods? the link is not working.

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-20-2019, 18:51
Hi I'm new to this site. Were can I download the Team Fusion mods? the link is not working.

you no longer need to.

Just update through Steam and you will have Blitz edition.