PDA

View Full Version : water radiator in 109 in new patch

QB.Creep
Jan-13-2019, 14:51
something appears to have changed with the way the game provides information about water radiators in 109s with the new patch. since it came out, my virtual cockpit no longer recognizes the water radiator in any of the 109 variants that i have checked. any thoughts as to how i can correct for this?

SOLVED! the issue is that since 4.54, water radiators in 109s return their values using the parameter named "C_WaterRadiator.1"

Thanks to Tibsun for pointing this out.

xoriguer
Jan-13-2019, 16:31
Nothing has changed, how do you get the data?

QB.Creep
Jan-13-2019, 19:43
The param name that used to work is "A_EngineWaterRadiator.1"

Pans
Jan-14-2019, 07:38
The water radiator has changed. It now alters in 5% increments like the oil radiator rather than a smooth "infinite" adjustment. That's probably what is breaking virtual cockpit.

However, one of the joys of the 109 is that you can fly and read the important instruments without needing VC. No daftly placed compasses for us!

QB.Creep
Jan-14-2019, 08:46
I'm just so used to using my virtual cockpit for everything that my eyes immediately go there. Really hoping it's something as simple as changing the parameter name so I can get the radiator data once more.

Tibsun
Jan-14-2019, 09:10
If theres a Spitfire VC, maybe exchange the 109 with the spitfire water reading parameter would help.

TWC_Target
Jan-14-2019, 12:24
"However, one of the joys of the 109 is that you can fly and read the important instruments without needing VC. No daftly placed compasses for us! "

Says who? I can't find the right section on my progressive lens to see the in game panel clearly in any of the planes. Must be a youthful experience you speak of. :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-14-2019, 14:37
"However, one of the joys of the 109 is that you can fly and read the important instruments without needing VC. No daftly placed compasses for us! "

Says who? I can't find the right section on my progressive lens to see the in game panel clearly in any of the planes. Must be a youthful experience you speak of. :salute:

If you work on the computer for any length of time, or if you fly Flight Sims, it is a good investment to get a pair of single vision 'Computer' glasses tailored to the focal distance from a seated person to the computer... helps your gameplay and work immensely. Much more clarity, no need to tilt your head and throw off Track IR, etc.

It does mean you need to switch to your progressives once you get up, but overall if you are spending hours on the box, worth every penny. ;)

TWC_Target
Jan-14-2019, 15:51
Didn't know such a thing existed, good to know. I assume I need to see my eye doctor for a prescription. Not like the drug store magnifying glass reading glasses you can buy off the rack?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jan-14-2019, 17:38
Didn't know such a thing existed, good to know. I assume I need to see my eye doctor for a prescription. Not like the drug store magnifying glass reading glasses you can buy off the rack?

Yes, if you have a mildly incorrect vision you can use the store bought glasses... but if one eye is noticeably different, then you are better off getting a prescription pair... they are usually not expensive... you can order over the internet too listing your prescription.

major_setback
Jan-14-2019, 18:11

Some employers will pay for these monitor glasses. Ask.
At my workplace there is a policy whereby our employer (local health authority) pays for them if we sit at a computer for more than one hour a day. Having said that it has so far only been a theoretical privilege - none of us have yet been offered any glasses. We only just found out about it - hopefully I'll be getting some before too long.

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-14-2019, 19:19
Some employers will pay for these monitor glasses. Ask.
At my workplace there is a policy whereby our employer (local health authority) pays for them if we sit at a computer for more than one hour a day. Having said that it has so far only been a theoretical privilege - none of us have yet been offered any glasses. We only just found out about it - hopefully I'll be getting some before too long.

In the UK your employer must pay for an annual eye test if you regularly use a pc or other monitor / VDU device at work.

(They don't have to buy you the glasses though)

This stuff is important. Get your eyes tested...

give your boss / HR the receipt.

then go buy whatever fancy pants "fashion" glasses you like...

(Not those ones !... they make you look fat... here.. try these cheap ones on... )

Wow! They look amazing! I mean you...

you... ALL... look fantastic!

20 pairs of the "standomatic plasta-octo 3,000s" please

And that's a wrap.

ATAG_Highseas
Jan-14-2019, 19:30
you can order over the internet too listing your prescription.

I don't wear glasses... but Mrs Seas does.

and this is exactly what she does.

Top tip ! :dthumb:

Mastiff
Jan-16-2019, 07:28

When I go see my Eye doc, he gives the reading prescription as well. so I pick up a pair of 1.5 Reading magnification glasses. I sit from a Samsung LC32HG70QQNXZA; 36" (3Ft). Yes I need those glasses. As you get older you lose you're nearsightedness. I began to lose mine at 48.

QB.Creep
Jan-16-2019, 19:35
If theres a Spitfire VC, maybe exchange the 109 with the spitfire water reading parameter would help.

Yep, that did it - using the value "C_WaterRadiator.1" now.

Thanks for pointing this out.