PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick race track map

ATAG_Flare
Feb-03-2019, 17:11
Hey guys,

I was wondering if the Gatwick racetrack map is available for download anywhere. I want to put it into singleplayer and try and set some fast lap times - maybe we can do another race event sometime in the future?

ATAG_yotheguy
Feb-03-2019, 19:50
:thumbsup:

https://i.imgur.com/aZNxra5.gif

https://i.imgur.com/f1T2aiV.gif

BOO
Feb-04-2019, 14:31
didnt the collidable trees (regardless of whether you can see them or not) put pay to this work of art?

ATAG_Ribbs
Feb-04-2019, 18:20
Good point Boo.. it might have to be reworked.maybe..put along the coastline Red bull style..

BOO
Feb-05-2019, 17:33
The beauty of the first map was how the circuit exploited the contours of the land and just how well it matched the Su26 - everything was just possible and the best could exploit the aircraft to get tiny advantages here and there. The sections were relentless with very little time to ease off in between the major hits. It really was a work of great skill and dedication. If you ever flew with the forests on you'll have seen that it probably couldnt be done anywhere to that standard now without a tree ruining the flow at some point or having protracted linking sections especially now the trees have increased.

A sad casualty of progress but unavoidable.

ATAG_Flare
Feb-05-2019, 20:34
Yeah, the track was really good.

I wonder if a new one could be designed, taking advantage of say some roads, railways, places to fly through that don't have trees. Then maybe levitate the static lighthouses in the air by 10 feet or so and just fly right over the treetops. Would be a little more realistic at least, the only thing is that hangar flythroughs might have to be more carefully placed as trees in the hangars would be a disaster.

If I find some free time in the next while maybe I can try and make a track.

ATAG_Ribbs
Feb-13-2019, 14:47
I agree that the first one was awesome..but I think with some creativity..another could be built. Remember with the Z offset..nothing " has" to be placed on the ground. River ways and roads could create some natural tracks with openings in the treelines used to deviate from obstacle to obstacle. :thumbsup:

Edit..didn't read Flares last post before posting. Great ideas!

ATAG_Freya
Feb-20-2019, 20:34
It really was a work of great skill and dedication.

HAHA! Had one of you fooled...

I'm in the process of getting my backups onto my "new to me" POS computer.. ITs taking some time but I could find the object set and make it available eventually. But yes, the collidable trees. Collidable. colidable. The crashing into trees - thats a problem. I'm sure it could be done, but by the time I'm up and running(flying) I doubt I'd attempt the FMB after so long away. I'm sure someone out there has the means...I'd be down for some carnage!

See you soon, fellers.

~S~