PDA

View Full Version : Any February news?

Mysticpuma
Feb-09-2019, 03:54
Just asking :recon:

SamJoDo
Feb-09-2019, 07:54
Same question. I know we received an update for the patch but its been a while since we received a 5.0 update. Any news is appreciated.

IIJG27Rich
Feb-09-2019, 11:23
+1

carbolicus
Feb-09-2019, 12:29
I hope the delay is because they are implementing VR support - it's becoming a must-have for sims these days!

Even without, though, it's a peach of a flight sim now; the next version should be awesome!

No.119_Bruv
Feb-09-2019, 16:50
I hope the delay is because they are implementing VR support - it's becoming a must-have for sims these days!

Even without, though, it's a peach of a flight sim now; the next version should be awesome!

cant agree more with VR, i have a few friends adamant they can no longer fly with anything else, cant you ask the il2 guys to supply the base code for their VR support, its not like they wouldnt want all il2 series game to include it?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-09-2019, 17:18
cant agree more with VR, i have a few friends adamant they can no longer fly with anything else, cant you ask the il2 guys to supply the base code for their VR support, its not like they wouldnt want all il2 series game to include it?

Two different games... TF has to develop its own VR code.

TF will not be releasing VR with TF 5.0, for the reasons mentioned previously... i.e. there is already impatience in the community about the date of the release and we don't want to delay further to implement VR.

Implementing VR will be the #1 priority on the coding front after TF 5.0.

Regarding promotional updates... we are working on patch 4.55, and there will be information released when it is.... which should be mid February.

FightingSteel1
Feb-09-2019, 20:05

Hey I'm interested in VR myself, and I'm sure it's a great experience with a flight sim, but is it really that big of a deal that getting VR support is a "must-have" for success? I think Steam is up to something like .8 percent of users have a VR headset. I'd love to see how many ATAG members/COD/BoX players actually have one.

Blade_Meister
Feb-10-2019, 19:04
Hey I'm interested in VR myself, and I'm sure it's a great experience with a flight sim, but is it really that big of a deal that getting VR support is a "must-have" for success? I think Steam is up to something like .8 percent of users have a VR headset. I'd love to see how many ATAG members/COD/BoX players actually have one.

While I am definitely interested in VR, IMHO, I can't see where market saturation is so great that it will effect sales that much on this go around.

S!Blade<><

Craterman
Feb-11-2019, 14:02

TF will not be releasing VR with TF 5.0, for the reasons mentioned previously... i.e. there is already impatience in the community about the date of the release and we don't want to delay further to implement VR.

Regarding promotional updates... we are working on patch 4.55, and there will be information released when it is.... which should be mid February.

:) Sweet!

IIJG27Rich
Feb-11-2019, 20:39
Just asking :recon:

"Any February news?"

It's Valentines Day on Thursday MP ...I like white Daisies :) :salute:

Blitzen
Feb-12-2019, 15:31

This really good news! I am delighted that VR is on the to-do list-It will make such a difference.I'm getting a little weary of the Russian Front & would love to be able to fly over England ( & other theaters as well,) in VR!
As to 4.55...well its nearly mid february now.Can I ask what we will be seeing in 4.55 or is it listed elsewhere?:thumbsup:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Feb-12-2019, 17:53
This really good news! I am delighted that VR is on the to-do list-It will make such a difference.I'm getting a little weary of the Russian Front & would love to be able to fly over England ( & other theaters as well,) in VR!
As to 4.55...well its nearly mid february now.Can I ask what we will be seeing in 4.55 or is it listed elsewhere?:thumbsup:

4.55 is a bugfix release... we are doing a whole series of smaller releases which address the code bugs in TF 4.5 Blitz... we prefer to roll these out prior to the release of TF 5.0 so all the fixes have been tested and are working correctly... instead of waiting and including them with TF 5.0 and risking a bug making a mess of the release itself. We want all the bugs addressed before TF 5.0 so the release is all about the new exciting content and everything goes smoothly.

mop
Feb-14-2019, 05:44
4.55 is a bugfix release... we are doing a whole series of smaller releases which address the code bugs in TF 4.5 Blitz... we prefer to roll these out prior to the release of TF 5.0 so all the fixes have been tested and are working correctly... instead of waiting and including them with TF 5.0 and risking a bug making a mess of the release itself. We want all the bugs addressed before TF 5.0 so the release is all about the new exciting content and everything goes smoothly.

Great forward planning Buzzsaw & TF!