PDA

View Full Version : Sweet FX for IL2COD

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-21-2013, 18:02
Sweet FX gives IL2COD a much more natural look along with aiding in the smoothing of edges. Once using it you really can't go back. It looks wonderful.

This attachment is a compilation of settings perfectly tweaked for Cliffs of Dover. To use simply drag all files into the Program Files/steam/IL2-Cliffs of Dover root folder. This is the same location as the launcher.exe

Once all files have been placed into the proper location you are all set. These settings have been painstakingly tweaked by a user at the 1C forums, I believe it was Les (don't quote me though)

Simply hit the scroll-lock key to toggle between on and off while in game.

This can be used both offline and online.

Enjoy :salute:

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-21-2013, 18:14
Thanks for this, Bliss. Will try this later tonight.

I did try the SweetFX GUI which worked great at first. Like everyone, I soon started to booger around with all the settings to see what did what to what. (Scientific terms, bear with me. :D). Soon found that SweetFX no longer gave sweet FX. Apparently in goofing around with all the sliders 'n stuff (more hi-tech terminology. Sorry!) certain files get corrupted and you have to uninstall and reinstall. At this point my head starts hurting, I start massively sweating, the voices start up again, and, unless forcibly restrained, I go running out into the street stark naked yelling "Locusts!" in mid-January.

Think this one will work, though? (No pressure).

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-21-2013, 18:15
Think this one will work, though? (No pressure).

Works like a champ. As they say, place it in your root folder and "Forget about it!"

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-21-2013, 18:19
Works like a champ. As they say, place it in your root folder and "Forget about it!"

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

:)

DK_
Jan-21-2013, 18:33
Please excuse my ignorance but what is SweetFX? Is it a program that needs to be installed and run in the background while these setting are put into CloD?

If it is a program will it affect other games? How does it interact with Nvidia control panel, Vsync and other settings?

Is all that is needed the zip files placed into root directory and it works?

No problems with CloD multiplayer?

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers!

EDIT:::
I found this explanation of SweetFX on the interwebs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v21m_p7d2A4

ATAG_Bliss
Jan-21-2013, 19:09
Yep it's just a simple drag and drop and don't worry about it (at least for me)

Catseye
Jan-21-2013, 21:37
Yep it's just a simple drag and drop and don't worry about it (at least for me)

Hi Bliss,
As you may recall, I had mentioned that my system would hang at various points when using the program. Colander helped me by looking at my dump file and noting that it was a buffers swap issue.

What eventually got it to work for me was that I had to remove the d3d9.dll file. Once that was removed it worked like a charm. I heard this solution somewhere else also where some were having an issue similar to me.

Cheers

DK_
Jan-23-2013, 17:13
As I don't want to mess anything up on my PC I would like to know if the d3d9.dll file in this would cause conflict with the following:

EVGA Precision a gpu fan & clock controller and temp monitor (I think like afterburner)
Antec Chill control, a cpu fan controller and temp monitor.

Thanks

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-23-2013, 18:22
I run EVGA Precision to monitor and control my video card, plus my PSU is an Antec 750 watt. I plonked in the unzipped folder/files that Bliss linked to and experienced no problems whatsoever. I was on the watch for any possible D9D.dll trouble, but all's well. Dang, it is beautiful, I gotta say!

DK_
Jan-23-2013, 18:52
I run EVGA Precision to monitor and control my video card, plus my PSU is an Antec 750 watt. I plonked in the unzipped folder/files that Bliss linked to and experienced no problems whatsoever. I was on the watch for any possible D9D.dll trouble, but all's well. Dang, it is beautiful, I gotta say!

Thanks for the reply.......so you don't have to download and install a SweetFX program? Just drag and drop the files and the On/Off Scroll Lock works?

What if you want to get rid of the files later? Is there an easy way?

Cheers

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-23-2013, 19:11
Thanks for the reply.......so you don't have to download and install a SweetFX program? Just drag and drop the files and the On/Off Scroll Lock works?

What if you want to get rid of the files later? Is there an easy way?

Cheers

Yep! I used 7Zip to unzip the files to a separate location on my hard drive. I then simply did a copy and paste of the unzipped folder + files to the main Clod folder on my C drive. (In my case : C:/Programs(86)/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover).

Easy peasy.

To uninstall simply delete the folder + files you dropped in. That's it.

I never tried the Scroll Lock on/off function. Reason? It looked so damn good, why mess around? Honestly!

BTW, absolutely NO effect on frame rates.

No.54 Ghost (KL-G)
Jan-25-2013, 07:25
i tested it and it seems it just makes everything a bit more dark.
i need a flashlight now to see the instruments haha

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-25-2013, 09:43
Truly a case of YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

Ghost, it may be worth increasing the brightness of your monitor a tad with the SweetFX running. I think you'll be impressed with the richness of the landscape colours (which isn't over-saturated to look unnatural), the slight increase in contrast (better for spotting distant contacts), and what to me seems a lifting of the "haze" that the stock non-SweetFX Clod has.

coolhand3011
Jan-25-2013, 10:45
Is there anyway to keep the Teamspeak overlay working with SweetFX? I've tried before usually but it usually results in my game not launching.

ATAG_Septic
Jan-25-2013, 10:51
Is there anyway to keep the Teamspeak overlay working with SweetFX? I've tried before usually but it usually results in my game not launching.

I had problems with TS Overlay, I don't know whether it was associated with using injected fx but I have TS Notifier working with it fine.

Septic.

Fried300
Jan-25-2013, 11:08
OMG!!!!

many thanks to the guy who did that.
many thanks also to cast this thing.

could not believe at first, when you toggle off, it seems the screen has been washed away.:thumbsup:

Dutch
Jan-25-2013, 20:13
Well it's just typical of me to be contrary isn't it? I think it's just too damned dark. Feels like I'm wearing sunglasses.
Very good ones.

TheVino3
Jan-26-2013, 01:42
Really there is no "best" option for sweetfx. Theres way too many variables - monitors/video cards/ambient lighting/etc etc etc etc...
...etc etc

I use FlightFX, which is a simple GUI interface that makes it really easy to change your settings on the fly, and get the best look from your system.

http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34103

It was designed with RoF in mind, but it works very well on every game ive tried it on, including CloD.

Have fun tweaking :thumbsup:
Cheers

DK_
Jan-26-2013, 10:34
Thanks to Bliss for putting up the files and thanks to Snapper for the input.

I have tried it and it is interesting. It instantly puts a more realistic look on the screen(s).

I had no problems with Precision.

Cheers!

6BL-Bird-Dog
Jan-29-2013, 14:50
First Impressions a Definite Thumbs Up,Good Work :thumbsup:

Tonester
Feb-06-2013, 04:35
I tried this a while back and i couldnt get the game to launch...works a treat now!!...Might keep my ATI card a while longer

Tonester
Feb-07-2013, 21:10
Hmmm.....spoke to soon...crashing again...ran some experiments and it doesnt like the TS3 overlay...switch to TSNotifier...all good now!

Mysticpuma
Feb-08-2013, 14:45
Just one question about sweet FX.

I have a 4GB Nvidia 670 card. I have installed the Sweet FX into the correct folder but do I need to set my Nvidia Control panel settings to default? I'm just wondering if having FXAA enabled in the control panel will make a difference? So pretty much my question is, what settings are required in Nvidia Control panel to get the best results from Sweet FX?

Cheers, MP

ATAG_Septic
Feb-08-2013, 14:50
Just one question about sweet FX.

I have a 4GB Nvidia 670 card. I have installed the Sweet FX into the correct folder but do I need to set my Nvidia Control panel settings to default? I'm just wondering if having FXAA enabled in the control panel will make a difference? So pretty much my question is, what settings are required in Nvidia Control panel to get the best results from Sweet FX?

Cheers, MP

Welcome back from your Jollies!

As far as I know your Nvidia driver settings have no bearing on injected SMAA. I run FXAA as well as injected SMAA but don't use any other anti-alaising, which is just a current preference, which is always changing!

Cheers,

Septic.

Chivas
Feb-08-2013, 15:45
I can't get SweetFX to start on one of my copies of my dual boot Windows system. I have two hardrives each with a copy of Windows 7 64bit and COD installed. I can run SweetFX from one but not the other. Of course its the harddrive and copy of windows I want to run it on, that doesn't work. Both copies of windows have the latest Direct X. I even tried copying the SweetFX files from the IL-2 files that work, to the one that doesn't still no joy. At first a log file wouldn't load. Then I finally got the log file to load, but only the path appeared.

It must be Windows related. I run both boots as Admin, and tried setting the file security access the same. I've run out of ideas.:(

Tvrdi
Feb-12-2013, 06:28
I downloaded Sweet FX v1.3 from here (http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html)
After that I copied all the files (except dx9 files I dont need) to my il2 folder. Then I adjusted LumaSharpen (sharpness; it was set to high by default) and vibrance (saturation) I changed to negative value to kill the oversaturated look of the sim. Its perfect now and I dont need high contrast which can be to dark sometimes (depending of the time in the game ofcourse). Ofcourse, FXAA is working great and I have AA turned off in the game gui to save performance. Im very pleased now how the game looks. A small change which makes so much difference.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Feb-20-2013, 22:27
I too think Sweet FX is a nice addition. Toggle it on and off and you can see the differance especially in sharpness without getting too contrasty (is that a word?) I tried loading it manually and windows would not launch the Clod. I went back and deleted the SFX files and used this very simple program that adds Sweet FX to any compatable game with a couple clicks and/or removes it with just a click. :thumbsup:

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/ It's called the Sweet FX Configurator. Download the v1.3.3 installer version >run> add the game .exe you want to add Sweet FX to and hit the save/launch button. and you're good to go.

wowsers
Feb-21-2013, 13:30
I have been using the program for about 3 mo now and the scenery was very good compared to original. My only problem is that when I press scroll lock to change temporarily back to the normal view which is much lighter, I can see planes further away. Because of this I took sweetfx off for now.

Tvrdi
Feb-22-2013, 05:20
I have been using the program for about 3 mo now and the scenery was very good compared to original. My only problem is that when I press scroll lock to change temporarily back to the normal view which is much lighter, I can see planes further away. Because of this I took sweetfx off for now.

Like we said you can adjust settings so the sky isnt too dark and you will see planes. I only lowered a saturation a bit and lowered sharpness a bit (as it was too strong by default in sweetfx settings). Thats enough for me, you really dont need to mess with the contrast as this can darken a pic too much.

Logan
Feb-22-2013, 15:20
Here is my sweetFX before and after
Before, High noon
http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y308/blackwolf_927/Screenshot4089_zpsb223ec9c.png
After
http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y308/blackwolf_927/Screenshot3902_zpsfa35ba0b.png
I messed around with it until it looked good for me on my monitor.
You can try it out if you like. Just drop the txt file in your C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightFX\FX\SweetFX\Presets or where ever you have it installed and select it in the GUI.

Old_Canuck
Feb-27-2013, 00:21
I had problems with TS Overlay, I don't know whether it was associated with using injected fx but I have TS Notifier working with it fine.

Septic.

I believe TS Overlay uses the scroll lock key to enable moving the window. It freezes the game until the overlay window is re-located. Could be a conflict with Sweet FX for this reason?

RedBeard
Mar-01-2013, 07:04
Hmm, what advantages does this sweetfix give for me?

1lokos
Mar-01-2013, 11:48
RedBear,

A improved AA and color palet.

Sokol1

CIA_DrJet
Mar-06-2013, 08:59
Thanks. It looks much better.

Royraiden
Mar-06-2013, 10:18
Does the steam overlay interfere with it?I see the improvement in exposure and colours but not in the jaggies.

DoolittleRaider
Mar-20-2013, 16:43
Let me see if I understand this....

I should turn OFF COD in-game AA
I should enable a Sweet FX "*settings.txt" file with AA settings enabled.

So far, so good??

But, what should the NVidia AA Settings be?

FXAA on or off??
AA Gamma
AA Mode
AA Setting
AA transparency

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-20-2013, 16:56
Let me see if I understand this....

I should turn OFF COD in-game AA
I should enable a Sweet FX "*settings.txt" file with AA settings enabled.

So far, so good??

But, what should the NVidia AA Settings be?

FXAA on or off??
AA Gamma
AA Mode
AA Setting
AA transparency

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Hi DoolittleRaider,

These are very personal opinions, I don't assert them as fact but they are the result of many hours testing on my rig.

If you are using Sweetfx for AA then I wouldn't mix it with FXAA, I don't use SweetFX anymore though, I don't think it's needed.

AA Gamma is for openGL so not needed.

I use 2xAA in game setting, I don't believe there's any benefit to more (I actually have this from a good authority but again just my humble opinion).

I keep changing my mind about AA transparency.

Sorry I can't give anything more definitive but I'm not convinced by many of the suggested settings that people offer, including mine!

Cheers,

Septic.

P.S. Are you still creating wonderful pictures?

DoolittleRaider
Mar-20-2013, 18:10
Hi DoolittleRaider,

These are very personal opinions...
Sorry I can't give anything more definitive but I'm not convinced by many of the suggested settings that people offer, including mine!

Cheers,
Septic.

P.S. Are you still creating wonderful pictures?

Thanks for the response on AA settngs...

You asked about "pictures"...Are you referring to FlightSim Movies/Videos? Or are you thinking i am someone else who does screenshots/pictures/art stuff?

DR

ATAG_Septic
Mar-20-2013, 18:39
Thanks for the response on AA settngs...

You asked about "pictures"...Are you referring to FlightSim Movies/Videos? Or are you thinking i am someone else who does screenshots/pictures/art stuff?

DR

I think I had you confused with the chap who created the pics in your sig, but now I'm checking out your link to see what's there too :D

Septic.

DoolittleRaider
Mar-20-2013, 18:55
You were thinking of James Dietz, renowned Artist. He painted the works from which i created my avatar (another forum) and sigblock. I have several of his Artist-Proof lithographs hanging on my walls. He is still painting, but I believe only on a By-Commission basis.

Jim is very active in Flight simming...Il-2, ClOD, and Rise of Flight.

Here is his profile at the banana forums:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/member.php?u=3332

Ohms
Mar-20-2013, 19:05
Check out Blitzen's profile you may be surprised!

Ohmie:thumbsup:

DoolittleRaider
Mar-20-2013, 21:53
There you go! I also have multiple Forum identities...sometimes as i browse different forums/websites I forget who I am and have to check my Master Screen name/password document.

Kwiatek
Mar-22-2013, 12:46
Like we said you can adjust settings so the sky isnt too dark and you will see planes. I only lowered a saturation a bit and lowered sharpness a bit (as it was too strong by default in sweetfx settings). Thats enough for me, you really dont need to mess with the contrast as this can darken a pic too much.

HI

Could you wrote your changed settings here Tvrdi? I dont know these soft too good so maby i will use your patent? :salute:

jjohnson241
Mar-22-2013, 16:04
SweetFX or its cousin FlightFX are apparently incompatible with the March Windows updates, specifically KB2670838 and/or the optional IE 10. With either injector in the game, Launcher.exe crashes immediately or after a few minutes flight.
I believe I saw a post from ATAG_Bliss on the SweetFX forum/blog to the author of SweetFX but I've not been back there to see if the post was answered.

CUJO_1970
Apr-11-2013, 23:20
I like the look, but now have a couple of problems...

1. CLOD will not launch from Steam.

2. No screen shots??

Any ideas?

Katdog5
Apr-11-2013, 23:55
I like the look, but now have a couple of problems...

1. CLOD will not launch from Steam.

2. No screen shots??

Any ideas?

"The log.log file will most likely tell you why."

for me, i think i deleted my dx9 file entry and then it worked

also...maybe that windows update
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=39027

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-03-2013, 11:14
Just a head up too..

I reinstalled CoD and SweetFX didn't work for me though it was working fine before I reinstalled the game..

Cut out the d3d9.dll file as mentioned before and SweetFX worked as it should, Il have to see if I get any more phantom crash to desktop though which is the reason why I Reinstalled game

varrattu
Oct-04-2013, 05:06
Try Downsampling. You set up a custom resolution through your graphics card to force rendering at an unusually high res. The graphics card then shrinks that image down to the monitor's output resolution. It reduces aliasing. The GPU is doing the same amount of work it would do if it was actually displaying it at the higher resolution. So you need a GeForce GTX560 2GB / Radeon HD 6950 2GB or higher graphics card.

I use downsampling 2880x1620 @ 1920x1080 (HD). iL2CoD looks amazing.

Regards ~V~

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-04-2013, 07:14
:ilike:

O_Smiladon
Nov-04-2013, 20:05
S! Guys,

Just trying this seetfrx thing out..

It does not seem to want to work I load up the game the MOD flash screen comes up ..then black screen hang for a sec. then back to D/top.

I saw that someone was haveing trouble wit D6d9.Dll thing ( not to sure if thats the right name for the Dll file but from memory it looks like that)

So I took that out left the others in there and still no go.

So I took the other dll out and it booted up(I think Dx9x.dll or something like that)

So yeah booted up and it peretty much still looked the same no Diff

Any glues ?

thanks

O_Smiladon

OverDhill
Jan-16-2014, 04:43
Hi guys... just installed CLOD and the Team Fusion MOD and it looks nice. I installed SweetFX (using the files from this thread) and it doesn't seem to be working. The game doesn't crash or anything but when I hit the toggle on/off key (tried a couple different key settings) it doesn't change anything. I have used SweetFX successfully on a number of games including DSC World and have seen nice improvements.

I am running Windows 7 64x with a Nvidia 660 SC

Any ideas as to why SweetFX is not improving anything for my CLOD.

Bando
Jan-19-2014, 10:15
What key do you use to toggle?
In my sims it's either the Scrollock key or the F12.
Also in most sims it works in the menus as well, but I think (dangerous ground here) in CloD you need to be flying in the sim itself.

OverDhill
Jan-19-2014, 18:53
I am using the Scrollock key. Any chance you could zip up your files? There seems to be quite a few versions out there.

Bando
Jan-22-2014, 19:36
Sorry for the late reply OverDhill.
Just go to the first post of this thread on page 1 and download the zip file.
Copy the contend inside the zip to the root of the game dir (for example ..\program files\il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover).
That's it.
You can modify the SweetFX_settings.txt file to your likings, or get some one else's profile and change the profile name in SweetFX_preset.txt. (in between the ")

Hope it helps.

Markie
Jan-23-2014, 22:47
Hi, I really had trouble installing SweetFX but now it is going it was well worth the wait. I went outside today and observed the sun, reflections, sea, grass, trees etc. to recall exactly what they look like. It is currently summer where I live however clouds drifted across sporadically and gave a range of viewpoints. More like a spring day in fact. This is how I remember the landscape when I fiddled with settings a while back. So here I present my tweaked settings, to me on my monitor they are very natural I believe. Dependant on your monitor they may appear very technicolor or very insipid but definitely better than the default. I have not simply increased darkness or contrast but affected a large range of digits (Compare to original). These are the settings used for my TF4 screenshots (Type this in search in ATAG page and look for the contributor named Markie). Those screenshots were not "Photoshopped" but taken as is from normal play. What I found difficult was sometimes clouds are bleached to the left and defined to the right, with the sun in front you cannot see the dials properly and yet from behind in stark contrast and so on. This emulates exactly what happens in real life. So instead of getting a grey median where you can see everything clearly we have a wide range of scenarios. I was very aware of the midrange which often gets missed when we go for an HDR effect and use curves and contrast in too extreme a fashion. I have included here a few screenshots to show the effect.

This one file replaces the one in the main folder of IL2COD, but only if you have already got the SweetFX files already in this folder. Do back up your original file should you hate my settings and wish to burn down my house. Yes, my house is made of wood! Hope you enjoy (My work).

WindWpn
Jan-31-2014, 17:35
I see that SweetFX v1.5.1 is latest, though one at beginning of this thread is 1.3. Anyone upgrade to 1.5.1 successfully? When I tried it would not work (simply did not load) as no log file was created.

~S~
wind

=CAM= Voss
Feb-03-2014, 07:53
I tried the new version 1.5.1, but nothing to do after a few minutes the launcher crashes.

S!

Voss

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-03-2014, 09:33
I tried the new version 1.5.1, but nothing to do after a few minutes the launcher crashes.

S!

Voss

In short: Remove windows update kb2670838 and you should sort out your problems. Google or browse this forum to know more about it.

joker68
Feb-06-2014, 12:57
Anyone running SweetFX in CLOD on Win8.1 x64?
Tried here, all available versions, no luck so far.
ROF and other games are working fine.

Cheers.

zuma75
Feb-06-2014, 15:00
Hi Joker 68. I'm running Windows 8.1 x64 and I can't get it to work either. Game will not launch with it installed.

9./JG52_J-HAT
Feb-06-2014, 15:35
From what I've read, the update we have in Win7 that causes trouble is associated with IE10. And that update is by default in Win8. Anyone correct me, please, if I got it wrong.

But is there a known solution for that?

Bobby
Mar-09-2014, 11:08
~S

Hi guys...

my first try to change SweetFx settings.....

P.S.
Thanks Team Fusion for Keeping the Dream alive !

Bobby out

Incog
May-04-2014, 16:49
sweetfx is amazing, why didn't i find this sooner? :o

what settings affects LOD though? I'm using sweetfx now and I feel as if aircraft aren't being rendered as well as before from afar

Shello
May-10-2014, 17:57
ya anyone figured how to get this working on win 8.1?

Sandhill
May-14-2014, 01:42
In short: Remove windows update kb2670838 and you should sort out your problems. Google or browse this forum to know more about it.

This

Just tried SweetFX using FlightFX and the game was freezing a couple of minutes into a mission. Removed kb2670838, and although removing the update took me back to IE9, SweetFX is working great.

Windows 7/64

:thumbsup:

BENTYx
May-14-2014, 10:46
How do I turn sweetfx on ?

equinox5alpha
May-14-2014, 11:14
How do I turn sweetfx on ?

Hi BENTYx,

When installed it is on by default. For switching on/off, use the key 'scroll-lock' ('Arret defilement' in french)

BENTYx
May-14-2014, 12:21
Thanks but I search on the internet, and can't find this key on my keyboard. I'm trying lots of keys but didn't notice any differences

Any ideas ?

equinox5alpha
May-14-2014, 12:35
Usually, the 'scroll-lock key' is between 'print screen' and 'pause'

buster_dee
Jun-22-2014, 09:00
I like the environment look, but the planes get more over-saturated. I'm not one who was happy when Ilya was pressured to darken the pits, and I haven't liked the subsequent improvements. That sounds harsher than I mean it. I was just wondering if the SweetFX tweaks can seperate some of these elements (plane/envoronment). I have not played with it much, since my game has been crashing with it. Today, I'll try some of the suggestions in this thread.

As an aside, I thought I would not like the darker skies. I was very much surprised that I found the environment very believable and quickly forgot about the intensity.

Oddly, it reminds me how sad I feel that that madman, Ilya, could not stay on the horse. It I were wealthy, I would lock him in a room, throw money at him, and let him out when his smile stopped growing.

Lawndart Jedi
Jun-25-2014, 16:37
Also running 8.1 and CLoD will not load with it added. Had to delete all added files for it to run again.

implicit A
Jun-29-2014, 15:41
great

javelina
Jul-12-2014, 12:07
Curious if anyone has got this running with Win8.1 as of yet. If so, what did you do?

Continu0
Jul-12-2014, 12:41
Hi Javelina
To my knowledge, there is no version of sweetfx that runs on win 8.0. Would be interessted as well tough!

javelina
Jul-12-2014, 13:59
Hi Javelina
To my knowledge, there is no version of sweetfx that runs on win 8.0. Would be interessted as well tough!

I have it running for DCS, it works great with my A-10C, (and the other mods). Using 1.51 version.

Must be something specific to CoD.

ATAG_((dB))
Aug-08-2014, 09:26
Hi I am a bit lost in translation with all the reply, What do i do with the sweetfx file and witch one exactly I need?

Thanks

Markie
Aug-08-2014, 10:52
Hi, I made some settings and posted to make things easy for somebody wanting to use SweetFx. I spent three days getting the settings to where I felt contrast was good, anti-aliasing was improved and depth of field was heightened. Anyway if you wish to use then type in "markie' in search bar top right of ATAG main menu page. Then look for "New SweetFX settings" In this post go through to find "MarkiesNewSettings1.5.rar" - download, uncompress with WinRAR to empty folder or desktop and follow instructions given in word file. It does not work apparently with Windows 8.0 or 8.1 - I have Windows 7 and it works perfectly. Once there is a new SweetFX I can use with Win 8.0/8.1 I will make a new set. Basically all uncompressed files are put into main files of Cliffs of Dover program. That is it.

ATAG_((dB))
Aug-08-2014, 11:27
Thanks Markie, I put the complete folder MarkiesNewSettings-1.5 on the 1C SoftClub or the other one of steam? Once I put them there. I just start the game that's all?

I mean I don't find any word file in, once I unzip them there is 1 folder that include many other sub folders. I put them all, then what?

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-08-2014, 11:47
Thanks Markie, I put the complete folder MarkiesNewSettings-1.5 on the 1C SoftClub or the other one of steam? Once I put them there. I just start the game that's all?

I mean I don't find any word file in, once I unzip them there is 1 folder that include many other sub folders. I put them all, then what?

You put the files in the IL2 Cliffs of Dover (the root folder) in steam. There is a keyboard key, by default, that enables/disables SweetFX (but I forget which key it is). Run the game, hit the key and you should see the differences instantaneously.

ATAG_((dB))
Aug-08-2014, 12:10
That might be the reason why I don't see any difference. Any change to remember what key I have to press?

Markie
Aug-08-2014, 12:19
Yes, all folders and files uncompressed from WinRAR file I posted go into main folder of game (Where "Launcher.exe" is for example). You restart game and should see a difference straight away. On my keyboard if I push "Scroll Lock" key it switches to original settings.

ATAG_((dB))
Aug-08-2014, 13:25
Nope the game fail to open. Or crash at Ubisoft screen

Markie
Aug-09-2014, 09:05
Unhappy to hear that. Believe me I had endless problems getting SweetFX to work initially and gave up. Please read my post on "New SweetFX Settings" not only from what I have said but also others. The folders are not broken down into files and placed into main folder. All the folders and files once uncompressed go straight over into main folder. I have shown with two attachments what my screen looks like with the files and where they go. With a restart of the game it should then work. Persist, I am sure it will eventually work for you. I have tried to make it as simple as possible. Good luck.

P.S. I have the game on "I" Drive, most people have it on "C" Drive.

ATAG_((dB))
Sep-30-2014, 09:31
I am sorry for the late reply, I couldn't find where the posting went. Thanks to DRock to send me the link. I would very much like to make it to work Markie and thanks for taking the time to help me with that. Can you tell me what I do wrong.
I download the MarkiesNewSettings-1.5 and unzip it on my desktop. It give me a bunch of files and some sub folders with a bunch of files inside. Witch one of those files should I transfer into my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover?

I have looked at your screen shot and my understanding is that I transfer the file that you have from shader.fx like in your screen2.jep screenshot privide into your last posting above?

o7

Markie
Sep-30-2014, 15:34
The folders and files you have unzipped all go into main folder of game. You can check this with the screenshots I posted. Do not break down files within the yellow folders, leave as is and the whole lot go into main folder of game. The main folder is the one with the "Launcher.exe " in it. I made the mistake of breaking down the folders into files and copying over when I first used SweetFX a while ago because I thought it odd to just transfer Folders and files directly into main game folder. It just looked wrong. However if you just unzip everything and cut and paste these directly into main game folder and restart game it should work. Tell me how you go and if there are still problems we will keep going until we get a result. If you do this exactly as written and still a problem it may be you are missing some essential files or game somehow corrupted but for now let's keep it simple. Once running you can check the difference between old and new settings by pressing Scroll Lock button (At least on my keyboard). The old set is light and little contrast. Hope this helps.

P.S. Unfortunately the "shaderfx" file is highlighted in my screenshot2 but it is all the unzipped folders and files we are talking about.

ATAG_((dB))
Oct-03-2014, 10:29
EUREKA I did it and It's working mon ami.

Thanks a lot

Markie
Oct-04-2014, 19:07
You're welcome.

LLv24_Veccu
Nov-07-2014, 17:11
thanks for sharing. too dark for me....

-veccu-

~S

Hi guys...

my first try to change SweetFx settings.....

P.S.
Thanks Team Fusion for Keeping the Dream alive !

Bobby out

Markie
Nov-08-2014, 05:48
If you type "markie" in search bar top right of this page I have recently posted HD settings for SweetFX as a downloadable file. The colour/contrast settings may suit you.

ReginaldThistleton
Nov-20-2014, 10:19
I copied all the folder to my root CoD folder at C/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover
This is what I get when I try to start the CoD launcher:

I had the same sort of issue trying to install it for RoF. Never had any luck with SweetFX. Is the general consensus that SweetFW doesn't work on Win8 and 8.1 yet?

I'm running an Asus RoG - Windows 8.1 Core i5 @ 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 64 Bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-20-2014, 10:24
Is the general consensus that SweetFW doesn't work on Win8 and 8.1 yet?

Its not consensus, its a fact. Nobody came up with a working solution for Win 8/8.1 users yet, unfortunatly.

I'm running an Asus RoG - Windows 8.1 Core i5 @ 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 64 Bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M

Question: Is your card strong enough to try DSR? (browse forum and search for nvidia+dsr)

ReginaldThistleton
Nov-20-2014, 11:50
According to the Nvidia site driver info page, yes.

ATAG_Lolsav
Nov-20-2014, 11:51
Give it a try then ;)

IIJG27Rich
Nov-30-2014, 07:05
Works great for 20 minutes then the screen feezes. MSI Geforce GTX 770 TI 2 gig

wildcard1
Dec-15-2014, 18:53
I too think Sweet FX is a nice addition. Toggle it on and off and you can see the differance especially in sharpness without getting too contrasty (is that a word?) I tried loading it manually and windows would not launch the Clod. I went back and deleted the SFX files and used this very simple program that adds Sweet FX to any compatable game with a couple clicks and/or removes it with just a click. :thumbsup:

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/ It's called the Sweet FX Configurator. Download the v1.3.3 installer version >run> add the game .exe you want to add Sweet FX to and hit the save/launch button. and you're good to go.

Thank you so much for above link sir,
Went through variations on a theme with sweetfx,yet would never work.Was told all down to windows 8 OS,now thanks to your link,all is well sir....:)

ashikaga
Dec-21-2014, 04:32
Put the game resolution in the downsampling and put less brightness in sweetFX.

Quite a nice result :

BENTYx
Jan-03-2015, 11:38
Hello,

I just get SweetFx and after a while (5 min or 15min playing) CLOD crashes and it said : launcher has stopped working.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-03-2015, 12:35
If you are running windows 7 64 check for this in control panel/updates/viewhistory... then type this in search box:

KB2670838

right click and delete/uninstall and never allow it. Its part of IE 10 and 11 so it will always try to get back in if you allow that to update.

BENTYx
Jan-04-2015, 07:41
I did search but I don't have this update on my computer.
Before formating my PC the game was running smoothly with sweetFX.

What else could it be ?

Mad G
Jan-04-2015, 23:24
I did search but I don't have this update on my computer.
Before formating my PC the game was running smoothly with sweetFX.

What else could it be ?

Try this: After installing SweetFX, reinstall DirectX from main game file redist. Good luck!

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-05-2015, 01:32
Try this: After installing SweetFX, reinstall DirectX from main game file redist. Good luck!

Good point, yes do this and also delete the cache folder in 1csoft/IL2CliffsMOD/

Delete that folder all the time, I delete mine after I'm done playing for the day everyday. Also, look here for more info on some known issues and tips if that above doesn't work.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12159

In the end 4.312 looks good without SweetFX, I actually had it installed since the start of my playing but recently got rid of it and don't miss it. All the TF updates from MP are stock, no sweetFX.

BENTYx
Jan-05-2015, 06:15
Thanks for the help. I'm gonna try this later :)
Just to be sure, I just have to put the folder and files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover ?
There is no software to install right ?

I prefer with sweetfx because the game look darker.
I'll upload a picture

WindWpn
Jan-05-2015, 11:09
Note, when using SweeFX with CLOD, recommend also turning off all AA options both ingame and in Nvidia CP/Insector (if using Nvidia card). Only thing to use with SweetFX is Nvidia FXAA. FXAA with SweetFX's SMAA complement each other quite well and work great all around! This is especially the case for high FPS with great visuals if downsampling (DSR) is not an option in cases such as multi-screen renderings.

~S~
wind

BENTYx
Jan-05-2015, 18:46
Note, when using SweeFX with CLOD, recommend also turning off all AA options both ingame and in Nvidia CP/Insector (if using Nvidia card). Only thing to use with SweetFX is Nvidia FXAA. FXAA with SweetFX's SMAA complement each other quite well and work great all around! This is especially the case for high FPS with great visuals if downsampling (DSR) is not an option in cases such as multi-screen renderings.

~S~
wind

I did that but it still crash :s

BENTYx
Jan-05-2015, 20:24
Ok I finally managed to get sweetFx working now !
I reset the NVIDIA control panel.

Can someone using sweetFx and having an Nvidia link me a few screenshots of his nvidia control panel ?

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-07-2015, 04:18
Here is this:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6534&highlight=nvidia+control+panel

or

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9491&highlight=Nvidia+settings

SEE POST 22...I know I had SweetFX going then, theres lots of other settings in that thread too.

BENTYx
Jan-07-2015, 05:59
Thanks Mortem

BENTYx
Jan-10-2015, 13:47
Hi

Everything was working fine and then the same old message " launcher has stopped working"

When I play with sweetfx switched off the game does not crash but as I turn it on it will crash in the next1-2 minutes!

It pissing me off. The game is so much beautiful with it!
What can i do? I don't have the IE update running on my computer. I always delete the cache. I have no more ideas :s

Before formating my PC the game was running perfectly with sweetFx

ATAG_Lolsav
Jan-10-2015, 14:35
Hi

Everything was working fine and then the same old message " launcher has stopped working"

When I play with sweetfx switched off the game does not crash but as I turn it on it will crash in the next1-2 minutes!

Hmmm hmm the "doctor" says you have the hideous Microsoft update kb 2670838 installed thats why you crash in that given time. That specific update was to prepare Internet Explorer update, no matter if you have Internet Explorer installed or not, Windows Update throws it there to your computer.

To remove go to Control Panel, look for installed updates and remove that update. Sometimes its require to change views (a button option there) to be able to see that nasty update.

Good luck!

BENTYx
Jan-10-2015, 16:33
I think that this should be the error but when I'm looking for this update I can't find it !
My PC is fully updated so it must be that but how can I find this f****** update :x

Thanks anyway

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jan-10-2015, 16:38
Uninstall IE 10 and 11 if you have them. That update kept sneaking in on me even though I had hid it. The computer would always try to update IE 10 and 11 and thats where it kept coming in at.

Not sure what else to tell you. Got any steam overlays open while in game?

BENTYx
Jan-10-2015, 17:12
Ok so I follow this option :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_7/ie10-and-kb2670838-cant-uninstall-cant-reinstall/6a8d2073-c852-41fe-a6db-6c0cd8c52ff3

By doing this I found the update. So I deleted it and my computer reboot, it was doing something for 15-20 minutes but in fact it was totally freeze (I suppose)
So I did an hard reboot, it did some little updates, I checked again that KB2670838 update was not there. It wasn't. I launched the game, and directly crash on the planes selection on ATAG's :x

What do you mean by overlay ? If I have something else open while playing ?

BENTYx
Jan-10-2015, 18:03
I had CCleaner running at the same time.
I closed it and it seems to work nicely now.

I'll let you know if anything happens.

Anyway If someone is having trouble finding the IE update here is a solution :

How to uninstall KB2670838 :
Start > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2670838) > right click at it click Uninstall.

Volunteer
Jan-16-2015, 19:36
Hi BENTYx,

When installed it is on by default. For switching on/off, use the key 'scroll-lock' ('Arret defilement' in french)

Curiously, scroll lock would not work for me then discovered SHIFT key did! The results are good.

Snacko
Mar-31-2015, 17:47
Man, o man.. I have SweetFX running in DCS with no problems. I also had it working with CLoD a few months ago before I rebuilt my computer. But I've just spent about 3 hours trying everything I can think of and it will not work.

Is CLod a 32 bit game or 64 bit? I have both Sweetfx 32 and 64. I'm using 64 with DCS.
I have...

deleted my 1c cache folder in the My Documents.
Restored all of my nVidia settings for CLoD Launcher.exe.
Changed game folder security permissions.
Changed my game video settings.
Setup my nVidia settings following Mastiffs guide.
Run the game as Admin.
I look at the log.log file and it changes when I run CLod, so it must be loading Sweetfx...

The log says:

full path: C:\My Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\
redirecting CreateDXGIFactory
redirecting D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain
redirecting IDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain

Nothing works? I have 3 different copies of Sweetfx I have downloaded that users have been using with CLoD and none of them work. I have them all set to show a split screen by default so I will immediatly know it's working. But I never get it.

Do I have to be "in flight" to see SweetFX working, or will it show on the main menu?? I am wasting a lot of time flying every time I try a new fix.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:
Dammit, I finally remembered that SFX does NOT LIKE Fraps (and other overlays)..

Dom
May-20-2015, 19:39
Yep! I used 7Zip to unzip the files to a separate location on my hard drive. I then simply did a copy and paste of the unzipped folder + files to the main Clod folder on my C drive. (In my case : C:/Programs(86)/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover).

Easy peasy.

To uninstall simply delete the folder + files you dropped in. That's it.

I never tried the Scroll Lock on/off function. Reason? It looked so damn good, why mess around? Honestly!

BTW, absolutely NO effect on frame rates.

Hi Snapper, In followed this but nothing seems to happen, no change at all when scroll lock hit. I copied and pasted the new folder "sweetfx" i had made which contained the unzipped files into the steam apps common etc...I dont have to copy the files out of the folder and into the il2 folder separately do I?

ATAG_Snapper
May-20-2015, 19:54
Hi Snapper, In followed this but nothing seems to happen, no change at all when scroll lock hit. I copied and pasted the new folder "sweetfx" i had made which contained the unzipped files into the steam apps common etc...I dont have to copy the files out of the folder and into the il2 folder separately do I?

Hmmm, I posted that over two years ago when I had Windows 7 on an earlier PC, and unfortunately SweetFX doesn't work on my current PC with Win 8 which I've had since late '13. Crikey, I honestly can't remember but I'm hoping someone here that's using SweetFX can jump in and answer you properly. I do apologize, Dom.

:salute:

Dom
May-20-2015, 20:35
Wow, talk about fast reply:) no need to apologize bro. all good Ill try downloading the reshade/ sweetfx from the site and have a play
but if anyone has any info then please jump in. I'm running win7 ultimate 64bit
cheers all

Otto_Bann
May-31-2015, 12:52
Hi,

With my settings (click on small picture for get real size). No Paint Shop job.

http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/vignettes/15514_Sans_titre_2.jpg (http://www.heberger-image.fr/images/15514_Sans_titre_2.jpg.html)

http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/vignettes/33564_Sans_titre_1.jpg (http://www.heberger-image.fr/images/33564_Sans_titre_1.jpg.html)

Winger
Jun-06-2015, 07:05
hi guys. Still not possible to run Sweet FX under Windows 8.1 64 bit?
Would love to have even more eyecandy.

Markie
Jun-14-2015, 06:41
Hi Dom, I did a couple of posts on SweetFX you should look at if you haven't already:

New SweetFX Settings

SweetFX - New and Improved Settings HD

Type in search bar and read all. Obviously the second post is better and more up to date but my instructions and comments by others in both posts are useful.
It should work OK on Windows 7 - 64bit but not Windows 8.

The most important part is a. where you put the files b. The zipped file is unzipped straight into main COD program files. i.e. you will have single files and folders - do not unzip folders any more!

I have not looked at this recently so I will not say anything in case I am wrong, the answers will be in these two posts.

Good Luck! If done correctly you can see the difference once playing by clicking on "Scroll Lock" key, original colours are dilute while new colours are strong.

King-Dingeling
Jun-14-2015, 07:28
In windows 7 there was a problem with this Update KB2670838

Whizkid
Jun-14-2015, 17:59
In windows 7 there was a problem with this Update KB2670838

It seems that Bentyx has a solution, KD.

"How to uninstall KB2670838 :
Start > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2670838) > right click at it click Uninstall"

Good luck.

Michael88
Nov-16-2015, 11:54
Hi, here is my own sweetfx-setting for cod. 10% performance hit, a little bit corruptet menu-buttons but it looks nice....i hope. Tested with windows 10 64-bit.

fxalt.rar (http://www.file-upload.net/download-11048382/fxalt.rar.html)

2 screenshots: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9357&p=210616&viewfull=1#post210616

edit

short description of my 4 values:

-smaa (smaa lol)
-vibrance @ 0.3 (intensity of colors)
-curves @ 0.33 (contrast)
-bloomthreshold @ 23.25
bloompower @ 3.2 (glare-effect horizont, clouds)
bloomwidth @ 0.0142

Baaz
Dec-19-2015, 00:21
Hi,

I cannot utilize sweetFX with COD.... The dxgi.dll file is the culprit...

When I launch COD with sweetFX, the game fails to launch and I get the following error message
"The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\windows\system32\d3d11.dll"

Anyone knows a fix???

Core I5 4460
8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX750Ti OC 2GB
Windows 10

BOO
Dec-19-2015, 05:04
Im no expert Bazz but if you have used one of the existing SFX set ups linked in this thread, have you pasted them into the root folder as described? Thats the main folder found in the X86/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/IL2 Cliffs of Dover. Chances are that you have given the problem but i thought id ask.

In my set up there is a Sweet FX folder i copied there there but also a number of files that had to be put into the main folder as well.

I have to say that, for me, SFX only really darkens the image. Sometimes that is nice, sometimes it stops me spotting thing on the deck so i tend not to use it anymore. I never noticed any graphical improvement in terms of it smoothing edges.

I also talked to a few people around here who dont seem to think it makes so much difference given the work TF have put in.

Sorry, probably not very helpful but i thought id mention it.

=FI=Murph
Dec-19-2015, 20:55
In windows 10 it causes a weird graphics anomaly in the online map that makes it pretty much impossible to choose an airfield. Not worth it IMHO.

Baaz
Dec-21-2015, 09:00
Im no expert Bazz but if you have used one of the existing SFX set ups linked in this thread, have you pasted them into the root folder as described? Thats the main folder found in the X86/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/IL2 Cliffs of Dover. Chances are that you have given the problem but i thought id ask.

In my set up there is a Sweet FX folder i copied there there but also a number of files that had to be put into the main folder as well.

I have to say that, for me, SFX only really darkens the image. Sometimes that is nice, sometimes it stops me spotting thing on the deck so i tend not to use it anymore. I never noticed any graphical improvement in terms of it smoothing edges.

I also talked to a few people around here who dont seem to think it makes so much difference given the work TF have put in.

Sorry, probably not very helpful but i thought id mention it.

I know how sweetFx works as I am using it with several other games...But with COD, I get error.

Barone
Apr-30-2016, 05:40
I have win 10. With every game I can run sweetfx without a problem. I also tried reshade but Clod is the only one where they doesn't work... Does anyone has a solution?

Dai-San
Apr-30-2016, 05:52
Download the latest version, I remember reading somewhere there were some fixes implemented.

Aha, here we go found the Link (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12159)

Might solve you issue, worth a shot.

Barone
Apr-30-2016, 07:47
Yeah reshade last version works but... My antivirus detect it as a trojan...

Dai-San
Apr-30-2016, 08:18
Yeah reshade last version works but... My antivirus detect it as a trojan...

I can assure you it isn't (if you got it from there). Just add an exception.

Mastiff
Sep-21-2016, 10:58
it works for other games on Windows 10, just not with CLOD..