PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Moth Shoot-Up #5

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Mar-07-2019, 19:38
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=38605&d=1552005077

Fight for a chance to get your name engraved into the Moth Cup.

April 6th, ( That's a Saturday! ) come join us for another Tiger Moth Shoot up!!

Starting at 21:00 GMT [16:00 EST]

CUSTOM SKINS!
Winners of the Moth events have a custom badge for their planes.

So if you would like to come and just watch from a spawned in plane, mark down "Spectator" and come see the action first hand over head.

Event Itinerary

- Everyone try and get on TS 15-20 min before start

- @2100GMT we will walk through the start up of the Tiger Moth (can be tricky for some) (5-10min)

- Everyone taxi to their starting spots (5min)

- Run 1vs1 (16 fight's @ 3-5min each) (50-70min)

- Take off at the same time (head to head, or together) then turn and fight to the death over the airfield.

- Team Match! (15-30 min+) If there is enough interest we'll try some 2v2 or 3v3!

- Free-For-All, for the remaining time.(Open to all if we get more than 16) (15-30 min+)

Please comment below if you wish to attend, and identify if you wish to be a pilot or spectator.
[If you show up, you might as well compete as it is a lot of fun]

Pilots;

ATAG_Ribbs
ATAG_Freya
Scones
RAF74_Buzzsaw
Steerpots
TheChristianPilot
ATAG_Highseas
Robo

Spectators;

Lord Wukits
ATAG_yotheguy
DRock

Simply ask, and we'll try to get some training time set up!
Have an idea for a Moth Skin, but don't know where to start‽ Ask/post for help. We are more than happy to assist!
Aiming to keep this going the first Saturday of every month![unless otherwise announced]

Server Password

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Mar-07-2019, 19:42
There was some fantastic ideas brought up at the last shoot-up :thumbsup: . I would love to have them posted here, that we may discuss and refine them for this/future events.

I look forward to seeing new pilots as well as the usual suspects!

ATAG_Ribbs
Mar-07-2019, 22:55
Ill be there!

Bracket style

Winners from round 1 (stay in winners bracket)

Losers from round 1 drop to (losers bracket)

Winners go through and complete their round first. If you lose in the second round you are out. Continue till there is 1 remaining.

Losers battle it out till there is a champion.

Now the winner and the loser winner battle it out.. (loser champion has to beat the winner champion twice in order to be the true champion) :-)

ATAG_Freya
Mar-08-2019, 11:05
How bout after a hare hunt? The 'hare' gets to take off first (with a very slight headstart) at airfield 'A', has to make airfield 'B' whilst the dogs try to stop him. He who makes it the farthest wins. Or something like that..

Either way I'm in for this one!

~S~

ATAG_Scones
Mar-08-2019, 14:33
Count me in as a pilot.

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-08-2019, 17:37
Man....

I can't make this one either!

:grrr:

ATAG_Ribbs
Mar-08-2019, 18:46
Send your 1972 Standard issue talking monkey instead..:-P38616

ATAG_Ribbs
Mar-08-2019, 18:56

DRock
Mar-09-2019, 11:12

DRock
Mar-09-2019, 12:18
There was some fantastic ideas brought up at the last shoot-up :thumbsup: . I would love to have them posted here, that we may discuss and refine them for this/future events.

I look forward to seeing new pilots as well as the usual suspects!

1. Round robin to decide 1st place. (Forget 2nd, 3rd,...)

2. Last man standing. Everyone fights.

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Mar-09-2019, 19:00
How bout after a hare hunt? The 'hare' gets to take off first (with a very slight headstart) at airfield 'A', has to make airfield 'B' whilst the dogs try to stop him. He who makes it the farthest wins. Or something like that..

I love this idea, but would think a slower plane would be needed. Someone with a decent amount of skill I imagine the hunters would just keep pace with them.

Though the su-26 as a chase plane.....

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-09-2019, 19:31
Send your 1972 Standard issue talking monkey instead..:-P38616

Seriously?!

While he's mowing the lawn and running errands?

I'm not MADE of monkeys you know !

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-09-2019, 19:36
I probably sound like a broken record, but will try to show up for the April shootup. :recon:

Had to miss the March one due to the fact I was in a four hour Skype meeting with Jason and another 1C Staffer. :bricks:

But its all good. :getaway: :pcguy:

Steerpots
Mar-10-2019, 06:25
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=38605&d=1552005077

Fight for a chance to get your name engraved into the Moth Cup.

April 6th, ( That's a Saturday! ) come join us for another Tiger Moth Shoot up!!

Starting at 21:00 GMT [16:00 EST]

CUSTOM SKINS!
Winners of the Moth events have a custom badge for their planes.

So if you would like to come and just watch from a spawned in plane, mark down "Spectator" and come see the action first hand over head.

Event Itinerary

- Everyone try and get on TS 15-20 min before start

- @2100GMT we will walk through the start up of the Tiger Moth (can be tricky for some) (5-10min)

- Everyone taxi to their starting spots (5min)

- Run 1vs1 (16 fight's @ 3-5min each) (50-70min)

- Take off at the same time (head to head, or together) then turn and fight to the death over the airfield.

- Team Match! (15-30 min+) If there is enough interest we'll try some 2v2 or 3v3!

- Free-For-All, for the remaining time.(Open to all if we get more than 16) (15-30 min+)

Please comment below if you wish to attend, and identify if you wish to be a pilot or spectator.
[If you show up, you might as well compete as it is a lot of fun]

Pilots;

Lord Wukits
ATAG_Ribbs
ATAG_Freya
TNScones
DRock
TWC_Steerpots

Spectators;

Simply ask, and we'll try to get some training time set up!
Have an idea for a Moth Skin, but don't know where to start‽ Ask/post for help. We are more than happy to assist!
Aiming to keep this going the first Saturday of every month![unless otherwise announced]

Server Password

I'm up for this; might even turn up this time :)
How do I get the server password?

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Mar-15-2019, 09:02
I'm up for this; might even turn up this time :)
How do I get the server password?

It will be posted prior to the event(the day before). Best way to get that information if not updated is the ATAG Team Speak Server. You should see a channel called Tiger Moth Shoot-up.

ATAG_TCP
Mar-17-2019, 21:23
Drop me down as a definite maybe, and why not, I'll pinch a probable pilot's slot ;)
O7

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Mar-19-2019, 12:11
Drop me down as a definite maybe, and why not, I'll pinch a probable pilot's slot ;)
O7

If you need some flight time to get used to the moth, just ask here, and there area few of us that would gladly jump on to assist. I for one am always up for additional practice, and I know there are a few others who will jump at the occasion.

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Mar-28-2019, 20:28
Is anyone interested in getting some training in? If so what time[GMT]?

For those working on skins, we can show them off, and hone our skills!

ATAG_Scones
Mar-29-2019, 09:58
I'm up for some training. I'll get on TS tomorrow 15:00 GMT. But is the map going to be online?

:salute:

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-29-2019, 12:09
I have to go and watch Brighton and Hove Albion kick a bladder around a field.

Business and all that tutt...

So yet again I will miss the Moth Mashup :(

Im in one of the hospitality areas though and the bar is very long and never has a queue and has lots and lots of bar staff...

It's pretty much perfect !

And my seats are on the half way line...

so....

enjoy the flight... I definitley WILL make it to one of thess one day !

ATAG_yotheguy
Mar-29-2019, 13:14
Spectator for me this time please :salute:

DRock
Mar-29-2019, 15:28
Spectator for me this time please :salute:

Whaaaat?

Me too then.

ATAG_Scones
Mar-29-2019, 16:02
Whaaaat?

Me too then.

What the hell, D' - we can't all be spectators! Get back on that starting line, both of ya!

:D

Tibsun
Mar-29-2019, 16:08
I probably won't make it this time...

ATAG_Highseas
Mar-30-2019, 18:55
I thought this was today...

but it's next week

Can I get a ride still ?

'Splease

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Mar-31-2019, 19:27
I thought this was today...

but it's next week

Can I get a ride still ?

'Splease

We gotcha covered! :salute:

[unofficially we allow everyone even the usual suspect that arrive the day of unannounced. THought that often causes issues with grouping and planning]

Robo
Apr-01-2019, 09:30
1 more entry for a competitor please!

ATAG_Highseas
Apr-01-2019, 14:45
We gotcha covered! :salute:

[unofficially we allow everyone even the usual suspect that arrive the day of unannounced. THought that often causes issues with grouping and planning]

Luckily I'm rubbish and don't stand a chance !

ATAG_Scones
Apr-01-2019, 17:35
Luckily I'm rubbish and don't stand a chance !

She's a beautiful bird, the Tiger Moth but no one flies her worse than I do. :)

ATAG_Highseas
Apr-02-2019, 09:34
She's a beautiful bird, the Tiger Moth but no one flies her worse than I do. :)

Well you have thrown down the gauntlet there. :D

ATAG_Laser
Apr-04-2019, 16:21
Well you have thrown down the gauntlet there. :D
Seas and scones, it's lucky for both of you that I cannot make the moth event because you know that I would woop both your asses in a 'Who's the worst pilot' contest :D

DRock
Apr-04-2019, 18:02
Seas and scones, it's lucky for both of you that I cannot make the moth event because you know that I would woop both your asses in a 'Who's the worst pilot' contest :D

You don’t always need skill, Guys.

Kiwi won on pure luck.:recon:

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Apr-04-2019, 23:52
Glorious Tiger Moth wings, sharp like katana... :flying2:

ATAG_Ribbs
Apr-05-2019, 08:51
What's with all this Spectating crap..get yo ass in the plane and get in line to die!.

ATAG_Scones
Apr-05-2019, 15:41

Hey, Laser!

Since you're not going to be taking part in the contest, I'll be holding on to the title "Worst Pilot of the Tiger Moth Shootup" because I don't think 'Seas is bad enough to claim it! :recon:

JV44Rall
Apr-06-2019, 11:10
I'll be there as a participant. Looking forward to bringing home the "Most Lead Collected" trophy. S!

ATAG_Knight
Apr-06-2019, 13:15
You don’t always need skill, Guys.

Kiwi won on pure luck.:recon:

That's because he flys upside down !:doh:

ATAG_Highseas
Apr-06-2019, 14:05
AHHHHH!

My mum just arrived. She was supposed to be coming next weekend but I'm not going to tell her to go away :D......

I gotta cook some stuff up... I can't see me making it on time AGAIN!

Might get a look in towards the end....... hope so!

ATAG_Scones
Apr-06-2019, 14:44
AHHHHH!

My mum just arrived. She was supposed to be coming next weekend but I'm not going to tell her to go away :D......

I gotta cook some stuff up... I can't see me making it on time AGAIN!

Might get a look in towards the end....... hope so!

Not again!

Just pulling your leg, 'Seas. :)

ATAG_Dave
Apr-06-2019, 15:07
Is this event still happening this evening? Too late to join? Not flown a moth in Clod before but ill happily make up the numbers....

ATAG_Scones
Apr-06-2019, 16:04
Is this event still happening this evening? Too late to join? Not flown a moth in Clod before but ill happily make up the numbers....

Isn't it suppose to be tonight at 21:00 GMT? There's no one around at the mo' 21.03 hrs

ATAG_Dave
Apr-06-2019, 16:24
Isn't it suppose to be tonight at 21:00 GMT? There's no one around at the mo' 21.03 hrs

think its 2100 gmt which is now 2200 uk time :thumbsup:

ATAG_Dave
Apr-06-2019, 18:09
Thanks for putting that on - a lot of fun. Im rusty as hell after so long away but enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully there will be a #6 next month?

'Grats to ATAG_Ribbs :salute:

S!

ATAG_Scones
Apr-06-2019, 18:42
I'd like to thank everyone involved in putting this together. It's a fantastic event and it was great to see some new contestants.

Congratulations, Ribbs!

ATAG_TCP
Apr-06-2019, 19:07
Forwarding my apologies for my lack of attendance. Would have loved to have made it, but had a fairly intense hike/climb yesterday, so will use this as an excuse to say that I needed to be up at 6am and therefore upon hearing the alarm, promptly fell asleep again until forcing myself to get up at about 0845.

Hope everyone had a great time though! Good work Ribbs!
Anyone get any good screenshots by any chance? O.o

O7

ATAG_Ribbs
Apr-06-2019, 19:28
Thanks guys..was some good battles! S!:salute:

ATAG_Noofy
Apr-06-2019, 19:41
This was my first participation.
Lots of fun!
Many many thanks to the organizers and to the participants.
I can only encourage everyone to join future sessions.
Congrats Ribbs :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Apr-07-2019, 10:59
Give a couple of days, and I'll get the next one posted!

I only ask that if you are interested you post in the forum so we can gauge how much interest there is to keep it all going.

Keep looking back, and I'll post in the chat box above as well

Glad to see everyone had a blast!

ATAG_Knight
Apr-07-2019, 10:59
Thanks guys..was some good battles! S!:salute:

Congratulations Ribbs :thumbsup:

ATAG_Vampire
Apr-07-2019, 12:34
Did you win Ribbs?

Well done mate! :thumbsup:

07 :salute:

ATAG_yotheguy
Apr-07-2019, 13:10
Congrats Ribbs!! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Ribbs
Apr-08-2019, 11:42
Thanks guys..and Yo for the trophy! I've seemed to have lost my acceptance speech...had it somewhere.... First I would like to congratulate Freya for putting up a great fight in his first ever TM Shootup! I always have a great time at these events. Thanks Yo and Wukits for putting them on. S!

ATAG_Freya
Apr-08-2019, 12:58
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/013/974/clap.gif

:thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
Apr-08-2019, 13:44
Thanks guys..and Yo for the trophy! I've seemed to have lost my acceptance speech...had it somewhere.... First I would like to congratulate Freya for putting up a great fight in his first ever TM Shootup! I always have a great time at these events. Thanks Yo and Wukits for putting them on. S!

I think you might be forgetting about something.

you know.... goggle wise?

:roflmao:

ATAG_Ribbs
Apr-08-2019, 16:22
Oh yes yes... excuse me..give me back that mic... Lastly but not least I would like to thank my personal tailor and stylist! Without his creative eye for fashion..I would just be a naked snowman... S! Seas!

ATAG_Pattle
Apr-08-2019, 16:32
Congrats Ribbs.

Well done LW on putting another event in the calendar.

Brilliant stuff:thumbsup:

Pattle :salute:

ATAG_Highseas
Apr-08-2019, 18:57
Oh yes yes... excuse me..give me back that mic... Lastly but not least I would like to thank my personal tailor and stylist! Without his creative eye for fashion..I would just be a naked snowman... S! Seas!

Well thank you Ribbs.

You know....

I have to say it has been a pleasure mentoring ATAG-Ribbs these last few seconds.

It's been a journey. One that I would like to share with all you fine people gathered here tonight.

When I first met Ribbs back in...... mumble mumble TV station tunes out and normal programming resumes

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Apr-14-2019, 09:07
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=38843&d=1555246641

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30779&p=331782#post331782

ATAG_Scones
Apr-14-2019, 09:25
Congratulations on your tags, ATAG_Lord Wukits!