PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Get the Bombs to Detonate.

Craterman
Mar-25-2019, 13:22
I've been trying to learn the 110, and have figured out the engine management. So, I've added some bombs, and can drop them, but they just don't explode. I dropped them high, and low. Nothing. I made sure they fell at least 2 seconds. I've gone into plane setup and changed the high altitude to low settings in the bombs section (says 14 sec delay), but I get no booms. Any ideas?

DD_FT
Mar-25-2019, 14:13
You have to arm them, before you drop them ...

There's a switch in the center of the cockpit, kinda behind the stick, low... you can click there, or assign a button/key to arm them...

Good Luck, and Have Fun!

Craterman
Mar-25-2019, 14:24
In the 110 there is a row of toggle switches right behind the stick, and those are on. I also set control W to arm bombs, and that also throws the toggle switches.

DD_FT
Mar-25-2019, 15:10
And still no 'BOOM' ?
That's not good ...

Sorry, I have no other suggestions for you to try ...

Craterman
Mar-25-2019, 15:33
And still no 'BOOM' ?
That's not good ...

Sorry, I have no other suggestions for you to try ...

Well, thanks anyway. I'm going to try a re-install.

Tibsun
Mar-25-2019, 15:39
Are you playing online or offline?
If you try to change fuse and ammo belt settings while being on the server you have to rejoin the server.
Not needed for the convergence or gun and bomb type (loadout) changes.

Craterman
Mar-25-2019, 16:59
Are you playing online or offline?
If you try to change fuse and ammo belt settings while being on the server you have to rejoin the server.
Not needed for the convergence or gun and bomb type (loadout) changes.

This is offline.

ATAG_Oskar
Mar-25-2019, 17:22
Do you have one or both lights illuminated on the arming panel? Is your arming switch set to MV Sturz?

Craterman
Mar-25-2019, 20:01
Do you have one or both lights illuminated on the arming panel? Is your arming switch set to MV Sturz?

I will take a look at that. But I switched to heavier bombs (the small ones were not ap either) and the bombs dropped and exploded just fine. All settings were the same. I was only using smaller bombs because I was not very familiar with the 110s flight characteristics, but having fiddled with the bombs for so long, flying is much easier now.
Okay, with smaller bombs, the first set are lights are on, and with the larger bombs the second set of lights are on (from the left). That is the only difference I can see. With both size bombs the selector was set on Wagerecht, which I saw somewhere was for skip bombing.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-25-2019, 21:48
I will take a look at that. But I switched to heavier bombs (the small ones were not ap either) and the bombs dropped and exploded just fine. All settings were the same. I was only using smaller bombs because I was not very familiar with the 110s flight characteristics, but having fiddled with the bombs for so long, flying is much easier now.
Okay, with smaller bombs, the first set are lights are on, and with the larger bombs the second set of lights are on (from the left). That is the only difference I can see. With both size bombs the selector was set on Wagerecht, which I saw somewhere was for skip bombing.

You are aware you have to select the fuse types too?

Craterman
Mar-26-2019, 16:54
You are aware you have to select the fuse types too?

No, I wasn't aware of that. The bigger bombs must default to a better fuse. How do you choose?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Mar-26-2019, 19:40
No, I wasn't aware of that. The bigger bombs must default to a better fuse. How do you choose?

Depends on the altitude you are dropping the bomb from... you tailor the fuse to the altitude of the drop.