PDA

View Full Version : Sound section in thr conf.ini

Punch
Jan-24-2013, 08:30
Does anyone know what "Attenuation =" does in the sound section of the conf.ini?
I have trouble hearing others on comms over the engine noise but if I drop the audio level in game to one of a acceptable level as to hear comms, I loose MG sound completely.

Regards,

Punch.

Salmo
Jan-24-2013, 09:21
Does anyone know what "Attenuation =" does in the sound section of the conf.ini?
I have trouble hearing others on comms over the engine noise but if I drop the audio level in game to one of a acceptable level as to hear comms, I loose MG sound completely.

Regards,

Punch.

Try using the Teamspeak 3 volume control (http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/plugins/miscellaneous/Volume-Control-%28Windows-only%29.html) addin. It reduces the volume of other applications when someone is speaking in your channel.

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-24-2013, 11:03
Also, as you found, turning down the sound in-game causes different sounds -- like the machine guns -- to be turned off. Instead, turn the in-game volume up full to activate all sounds, then adjust the overall game volume using Windows Sound Mixer at your Desktop.

ATAG_Septic
Jan-24-2013, 13:16
Also, as you found, turning down the sound in-game causes different sounds -- like the machine guns -- to be turned off. Instead, turn the in-game volume up full to activate all sounds, then adjust the overall game volume using Windows Sound Mixer at your Desktop.

There's no way of making a persistent adjustment is there?

I can't find one. It would be good to have one less thing to alt-tab out for.

It's sometimes several alt-tabs or restarts before I'm in. What with Track IR on, TS on, sound-device to headphones, Target running, JoytoKey running, mash a cuppa, roll a smoke and start my music.

:D

Septic.

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-24-2013, 14:03
I feel your pain, Septic! Like yourself, I have a number of peripherals running in the background which don't always play well together. Even CoD itself can get finicky on startup, so I've learned to automatically do a reboot of my PC before even contemplating going online to MP. Other times everything just fires up perfectly and I'm warming up at Manston within a minute or so. Go figure! :D

Punch
Jan-25-2013, 06:13
The Teamspeak 3 volume control addin. works a treat.................Thanx