PDA

View Full Version : Next Update Poll - Gladiator or CR.42?

ATAG_Pattle
May-05-2019, 01:32
HI All,

The next round of updates will be showcasing the Gladiator and CR.42.

The intent is that they will be full tutorials.

Kicking off a poll to see which one you would like to see first.

Let the vote begin! :-)

Pattle

Mysticpuma
May-05-2019, 01:39
Neither to be honest. Both were showcased months ago and are 'old news'.

Gladiator showcase by Bonkin July 2018 1m 40s:

https://youtu.be/iCk6sA6KGjA?t=103

CR.42 showcase by Bonkin October 2018 3m 8s:

https://youtu.be/JLcrx7czxu0?t=189

How about the Spitfire Vb, Hurricane IID, Wellington or some of the new ground vehicles in action on the desert floor?
Just something new if possible Pattle? Cheers, MP

ATAG_Noofy
May-05-2019, 02:20
The CR.42, the biplane G.50 :kiss::kiss::kiss:

ATAG_Pattle
May-05-2019, 03:00
Will be a sight have the C.202, G50 and CR.42 lined up at an airfield.

A Trifecta of Italian Stallions. Who'd bet of that! :-)

Pattle :salute:

ATAG_Noofy
May-05-2019, 03:12
Will be a sight have the C.202, G50 and CR.42 lined up at an airfield.

A Trifecta of Italian Stallions. Who bet of that! :-)

The C.202, a G.50 with a BF109 engine :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

ATAG_TCP
May-05-2019, 03:20
I gotta vote Gladiator ;)

Mind you, that defense of Malta was fantastic, just two or three Gladiators found in shipping crates fending off the Axis until the RAF got there. Blooming marvelous!

:salute:

ATAG_Scones
May-05-2019, 05:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjh34Hq0Gpg

ATAG_Marlow
May-05-2019, 05:24
I have read so many stories about 'Faith, Hope and Charity' and the defence of Malta that I had to vote 'Gladiator.' There are few more inspiring stories, as The Christian Pilot says....and a 'Full Tutorial' would really give us something to get our teeth into.

When I was over in Malta....chasing the Geoffrey Wellum story of his time in Malta I went swimming in Valetta harbour with my two boys! I just had to....and a huge tanker was leaving the harbour as we swam about! It wasn't called the Ohio, though! When my Mum and I were stranded in Gib due to a mechanical failure at the airport (broken altimeter) we were given the choice of being 'put up' at The Calletta Palace or The Bristol Hotel. I chose the Bristol. Why? Because Geoffrey Wellum stayed there in 1942 on his way out to Malta. Gotta go where the great man went....if I can!

Well done, Pat, and thanks for all your time and effort. Much appreciated............oh, and don't forget to eat now and again!!!!!!! Salute! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Marlow
May-05-2019, 05:30
Hey, hey, hey, Sconesy! Great minds think alike. What a great find! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
May-05-2019, 07:23
I was going to have a bit of a moan.

But then I remembered about fun.

So I decided to have some of that instead.

I'm easy either way Pattle....

'Seas
Having fun since 1972 (tm)

farley
May-05-2019, 09:23

How about the Spitfire Vb, Hurricane IID, Wellington or some of the new ground vehicles in action on the desert floor?

Thanks for posting these old updates MP. I know it wasn't your intent, but I hadn't seen them (realize now that i have missed quite a few updates) and so they were quite exciting to watch; maybe I will go back and have a look at all of the updates to remind me of how far things have moved along and of all the hard work that's been put into this sim.

Certainly seeing all of the new stuff coming out will be exciting as well.

Hawk_Eagle
May-05-2019, 10:59
The best update (that will never come..) from TF should be the clearing of all the big and important basic BUGS that this game suffer: vehicles that don't stay on roads, bridges that can't be crossed, crash of the game in menu, loadout of planes menu messed up, A.I. quite inexistent. But this will never come.

ATAG_Ribbs
May-05-2019, 11:41
I voted CR-42..I think ya all know why..:D

But I'm absolutely fine with whatever you come up with Pattle! S!

IIJG27Rich
May-05-2019, 15:16

Would rather see something like this...Spitfire Mk.V fighting an f4 over the desert all in desert camouflage..Or even better make the Allied the P-40!

ATAG_TCP
May-05-2019, 18:51
Aye Farley, my word! I nearly completely forgot, thanks for sharing the update from last year!
That IID looks beautiful :)

Also I think the Gladiator may have just taken the win! Full startup tutorial here we come!:-P

ATAG_Pattle
May-06-2019, 03:39
Guys,

Appreciate those asking for new components of 5.0 to be showcased. When they are available, and I have approval to show, I will get them out there for you all. :thumbsup:

Thanks to those that have voted so far.

Cheers,

Pattle

ATAG_Vampire
May-06-2019, 10:29
It will be worth waiting for. As will everything else in TFS 5.0!

https://youtu.be/HOf3xEVIYuE

07 :salute:

ATAG_Noofy
May-07-2019, 01:37
Also I think the Gladiator may have just taken the win!

Would it be fair to also post this poll in the Italian forum? Just a thought...:D

ATAG_Pattle
May-07-2019, 04:15
Hi Noofy,

Happy for you to share the thread link in the Italian forum. My Italian in non-existent sorry.

Cheers,

Pattle

ATAG_Noofy
May-07-2019, 07:26
Happy for you to share the thread link in the Italian forum.

OK Done.

This being said I am happy with both planes :thumbsup:

ATAG_Highseas
May-07-2019, 17:05
OK Done.

This being said I am happy with both planes :thumbsup:

Bit greedy :D

(Me too !!)

ATAG_Highseas
May-07-2019, 17:11
My Italian in non-existent

:gourmet:

maybe you should eat slower?

:D

rb207
May-09-2019, 04:50
Fiat please.

ATAG_Pattle
May-11-2019, 02:11
Hi All,

Thanks to the 50+ people who took the time to vote.

The winner, and not by a big margin, which was great to see, is the Gladiator.

At this time that will be the next update, BUT, if another element or elements are approved for viewing in the meantime, whether that be video or stills, they could well take precedent. :-)

Cheers,

ATAG_Scones
May-11-2019, 06:21
Yes! I'm so looking forward to flying this aircraft. :thumbsup:

Pernix2
May-11-2019, 09:38
Ciao
Sicuramente il CR 42...manovrabile e veloce….e abbastanza armato.
Sulla manica ed in Africa

HelloSurely the CR 42 ... maneuverable and fast ... and quite armed.
In England and Africa

Pernix

ATAG_Noofy
May-11-2019, 12:37
Hi All,

Thanks to the 50+ people who took the time to vote.

The winner, and not by a big margin, which was great to see, is the Gladiator.

At this time that will be the next update, BUT, if another element or elements are approved for viewing in the meantime, whether that be video or stills, they could well take precedent. :-)

Cheers,

And until such time when the CR42 is ready we’ll take those Gladiators with Tiger Moths :D

ATAG_TCP
May-14-2019, 00:57
Grrr
Sorry for the thumbs down there Pattle, browsing on my mobile and trying to convince myself of my skills by not bothering to zoom in :-P

Good to hear the old Gladiator won though, will be great to get a good look at it :)

(Also is it possible to add a function on the site to undo your dislikes etc? :P )

ATAG_Pattle
May-14-2019, 01:29
Hi Chirstian. No such function mate.

You can now wear the sought after I'madislika :thmbdwn: shirt available at Sea's Empotium, Cnr Fatfumbs Lane and Hupyors Bvld, Brighton.

Store manageress Vipes' will look after ya!

Pattle :thumbsup:

ATAG_TCP
May-14-2019, 04:19
Top stuff, will give it a look-in, always looking for that unique merchandise :-P

ATAG_Noofy
May-14-2019, 07:05
How'bout modelling a Caproni Campini, one of the world's first jet airplanes?

https://youtu.be/bNz1zZSozPA

Karaya
May-14-2019, 07:50
How does that fit into the projected scope of TFS 5.0 and beyond at all?

Without having carried out any research into said aircraft I assume that it:

i) did not see production in any significant numbers.
ii) did not see any service or action during WWII.

The only jet aircraft which would have a right to exist in a historic WWII combat flight sim would be the Me262, He162, Ar234 and Meteor. And even those were a rare sight back then.
There's literally dozens of aircraft which would do a better service to the sim and community. Time, manpower and resources are limited and cant be thrown around aimlessly.

ATAG_Noofy
May-14-2019, 09:01
Yes, you are right. It was merely a prototype that inspired other manufacturers of future jet powered aircraft.
The Me262 definitely has a higher priority. That would be an interesting addition to 5.x when its time comes...

Karaya
May-14-2019, 12:30
The timeframe covered by 5.0 however only goes as far as mid/late 1942 and is centered on North Africa, a theatre that the German Wehrmacht had long retreated from by the time the Me262 entered service. I wouldn't hold my breath for any jets to make an appearance in CloD, just saying.

ATAG_Pattle
May-14-2019, 17:03
Guess you could have asked about this one Noofy. Or not :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ0ZQesixms&feature=youtu.be

This was the next video after watching the one you posted.

Have to say, I've never seen any like this. How it didn't make it to mass production is one of the great mysteries of the world.

Very brave pilots!

ATAG_Noofy
May-14-2019, 17:25
Guess you could have asked about this one Noofy. Or not :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClf5TSLJCg69IWXBNpzeiWQ

This was the next video after watching the one you posted.

Have to say, I've never seen any like this. How it didn't make it to mass production is one of the great mysteries of the world.

Very brave pilots!

You mean this one? https://youtu.be/mQ0ZQesixms
Strange frame and concept...

ATAG_Noofy
May-14-2019, 17:28
The timeframe covered by 5.0 however only goes as far as mid/late 1942 and is centered on North Africa, a theatre that the German Wehrmacht had long retreated from by the time the Me262 entered service. I wouldn't hold my breath for any jets to make an appearance in CloD, just saying.

Schade. Would have been interesting to fly a Me262.
Maybe in 6.0 or 7.0 then...
In the meantime looking forward to the Macchi 202

ATAG_TCP
May-15-2019, 04:53
Oooo, I dunno, that Stipa-Caproni looks like a winner, definitely 6.3 confirmed :-P

Naa, I am looking forward to the next aircraft in the lineup, and maaaaaaybe a Swordfish down the line in a few years :3

But seriously some of those planes are remarkable, simply because of how, or more to the point, why they were made.
That is literally a De Havilland Gipsy engine suspended inside a massive metal cylinder with one of the strangest cockpits ever seen! Also that tailplane is held on by what exactly? Instead of having a perfectly good contact point of decent surface area (Being a standard fuselage or at least a good number of stringers) they go for the "well, three surfaces, three contact points...she'll be right" approach.
:doh: roflmao

I dunno about anyone else, but give me one of those old six winged things from 1910 and I would be less nervous flying it, at least I would be going slow. Honestly almost anything that looks like a real attempt at an aircraft, and not something that appears to have been made out of what seems to be the last toilet roll that was decommissioned yesterday, now combined with some of the card stock in my office cabinet :-P

:)

DerDa
May-15-2019, 07:01
A real aircraft needs to have at least one propellor.
As long as there are so many fascinating piston engine powered aircraft left, you can leave those blow driers alone as far as I'm concerned.

@TheChristianPilot
'Toilet roll with wings' really nails it! :):):)

ATAG_Noofy
May-15-2019, 07:51
A real aircraft needs to have at least one propellor.

Not nice for the gliders :D