PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the U.S.A specifically VERMONT WOOHOO ITS FLIPPIN COLD OUT!

James Lambert
Jan-24-2013, 19:30
Hey Everyone,

My name is Jimmy I'm from Vermont and I love the Cliffs of Dover simulator so much that I've put up with all it's bug and all the problems just to fly and it's amazing..

I'm running Asus Sabertooth 990 fx with AMD 3+ 4100fx cpu, 16gs of ripsaw 1600mhz ram and EVGA geforce 580 with intel 120gb SSD. Overclocked at 4.2 ghz I'm glad to join ATAG and hope in the future I can become a well versed pilot.

My biggest problems right now are I have a hard time seeing the run ways in the fields we take off from.. Actually I can't see the runway at all..

I don't know how to use the course setter or the gyro thingy.. lol

and I'm not familiar with some military terminology. for example "angel 1 points 5" don't know this stuff maybe you great folks can help me.

As far as my piloting skills I can get the plane(spitfire) off the ground and in the air no problem even if I can't see the runway.. I can gather my bearings using geography of the continents.

I'm not very good at formation flying and I need to learn more advanced maneuvers. Other than that I can get my plane trimmed up and flying nice and can read primary flight instruments.

ATAG_Slipstream
Jan-24-2013, 19:37
Welcome to ATAG Jimmy,

Angels 1.5 is 1,500 feet.
Angels 15 is 15000 feet.

Anything below 1000ft is referred to as Cherubs, so Cherubs 5 is 500 feet.

The gyro and course setter is easy to use, Here is a short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9ZRDkt6ODw

You can also use the mini-map to plot a course, I can't find a video for that at the moment but if you jump on ATAG teamspeak someone will run you through it & everything else you need help with.

Regards,

ATAG_Slipstream

James Lambert
Jan-24-2013, 20:15
Great, Thanks for the help!

ATAG_Snapper
Jan-24-2013, 20:36
Just adding a big +1 to what Slippy posted -- he and I fly a lot together.

I extend to you the same invitation as I just did to Geier:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?2827-Progress-Update&p=28578&viewfull=1#post28578

Hope to see you online!

Snapper :D