PDA

View Full Version : TFS Developer Update 19 June, 2019

ATAG_Pattle
Jun-19-2019, 05:13
Hi All,

As you are aware, TFS have been busy fixing a number of bugs, whether identified by us, and/or by community members.

Our team have also been working on existing sounds,. Where improvements have been identified, work is in progress on improving the sound and quality of a large number of these components.

Below is a list of some of the of the bug fixes and sound improvements we are planning on introducing in 5.0. There will also certainly be further additions.

General

Fixed issue rendering 75% of land vehicle sounds (armoured car, trucks, etc..) inaudible
Fixed distance drop off for above land vehicles
Fixed an issue causing external backfire sounds on certain aircraft to play in an infinite loop.
Fixed missing ground impact sounds.
Fixed missing water impact sounds.
Fixed missing canopy movement sounds
Fixed dynamic blasts (added to explosions and cannons)
Revised Over-stress SFX (Restricted to Spitfires and Bf 109's only for testing)
Revised aircraft buffeting SFX (Restricted to Spitfires and Bf 109's only for testing)
Pneumatic brake hiss (awaiting coding)
New supercharger whistle
Requested klaxon coding (sound already present)
Added dynamic panning to aircraft exterior view (pan slowly around your favourite aircraft to find out
Implemented basic 3D positional audio (It should now be easier to locate a sound source)

Engines

Revised Fiat A-74
Revised Fiat A-80
Revised DB601 series
Revised Jumo211 series
Fixed Merlin sounding idle if throttle was moved under 20%-30%
Replaced MerlinIII-RG-Spitfire/Hurricane events with Merlin I and Merlin II
Revised Merlin early series (I to XII)
Merlin XII Coffman Starter
Merlin XX sound event (with later series sfx)
Merlin 45 sound event
DB601E variant
DB601F variant
DB605A variant (using experimental load sfx)
Alfa-Romeo R.A.1000 R.C.41-I Monsone
Allison V-1710
Hispano Suiza 12Y-45
Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Twin Wasp

Weapons

Browning M2AN
Browning.303 variants (single, x4 and x8)
Vickers 40mm Class S
MAC1934
Revised Hispano
Revised Browning .303s

Props

Curtis Electric CS5315(S) prop
Ratier 1606M prop

Transport

Ship_Horn_03 sound event for larger ships
Ship_Horn_04 sound event for larger ships

Environment

Native bird calls.

Bug tracker

IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, Team Fusion Bug #850 (Resolved): Fiat G.50 engine sound cut out at high rpm when listening from outside
IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, Team Fusion Bug #1099 (Resolved): Bad engine sound above idle in Blitz on He 111 and Ju 88 Aircraft
IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, Team Fusion Bug #952 (Resolved): Merlin engine sounds louder at low revs than at high power
IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, Team Fusion Bug #736 (Resolved): Bf 109: /B variants sound bug
IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, Team Fusion Bug #1062 (Resolved): Beaufighter engine sounds periodic bass pulsing
IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, Team Fusion Bug #547 (Resolved): Fighter 303 sounds cut out

Cheers,

Pattle

farley
Jun-19-2019, 06:57
Sounds good to me!
:)

Thanks for the update Pat, and, as always, hat's off to TF for their ongoing hard work and dedication to this sim.
:thumbsup:
:salute:

ATAG_Vampire
Jun-19-2019, 09:52
Good one Pat!

Thanks mate. :thumbsup:

07 :salute:

Tibsun
Jun-19-2019, 14:24
Sounds awesome.
Can't wait for the new sounds!

Will the "over-stress" engine sound be over-rpm or over-boost related?
And will there be an agressive engine sound that's independently boost (not just rpm) related?

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-19-2019, 15:44
Hi Tibsun

The overstress mentioned is related to the airframe, not the engine.

But yes, engine load effects have been in progress for a while now, however at this stage they are only tied to the DB605A, which is currently an internal engine that is being used as a test bed. Its uncertain whether they will be present in TF5 at this point.

Thanks.

Sounds awesome.
Can't wait for the new sounds!

Will the "over-stress" engine sound be over-rpm or over-boost related?
And will there be an agressive engine sound that's independently boost (not just rpm) related?

farley
Jun-19-2019, 20:24
......The overstress mentioned is related to the airframe, not the engine.

Tibsun, if you are older, as I am, think of it as the sound your knees make when walking up the stairs....
as opposed to the sound of your heart pounding...:)

Bussard
Jun-20-2019, 11:00
I am curious about the .303 sound. More volume or totally different sound?

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-20-2019, 12:12
Its totally different and quite unique. You might say, kin to the sound of heavy fabric tearing. :D

I'll leave it at that for now :thumbsup:

I am curious about the .303 sound. More volume or totally different sound?

ATAG_Flare
Jun-20-2019, 12:47
Its totally different and quite unique. You might say, kin to the sound of heavy fabric tearing. :D

Sounds awesome. If it's more like the 4.3 sound than the downgraded 4.5 sound that would be great. If you guys can go that direction with the radiator venting effects and the smoke plumes as well that would be awesome too!

Also, what plane in 5.0 would use a DB605? Is TF up to something special? :recon:

Biggs
Jun-20-2019, 13:39
Sounds awesome. If it's more like the 4.3 sound than the downgraded 4.5 sound that would be great. If you guys can go that direction with the radiator venting effects and the smoke plumes as well that would be awesome too!

Also, what plane in 5.0 would use a DB605? Is TF up to something special? :recon:

Smoke and flame is better now than its ever been. :thumbsup:

Bussard
Jun-20-2019, 16:10

Very intresting

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-20-2019, 16:59
As stated at the time the 4.5 sound was only interim anyway. It would have likely been the same as 4.3 if it wasn't for the fact as a professional modding team we have to verify our sources and a few couldn't be, but the majority were and included in 4.5 so it wasn't actually so much of a downgrade, except a few key sounds were missing.

In fact it was a milestone as it was the first sound engine we could fully manipulate and I think its proven to be robust in 4.5 and a solid foundation for TF5, which should have a few surprises in store for all.

The DB605A is currently un-used, which is why I use it as a canvas and a test bed to avoid messing up working sounds. :)

ATAG_Scones
Jun-20-2019, 17:00
Thanks for the info. Pattle. :thumbsup:

carbolicus
Jun-21-2019, 12:25

Fantastic - the current sound seems too rat-tat-tatty; contemporary accounts speak of a much faster rate of fire sound, like 'calico tearing'...

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-21-2019, 12:31
Fantastic - the current sound seems too rat-tat-tatty; contemporary accounts speak of a much faster rate of fire sound, like 'calico tearing'...

Closer in sound to Snapper’s pants’ seam when he stoops down to pick up a dropped Figgy Duff.

:-)

ATAG_Noofy
Jun-21-2019, 13:10
Closer in sound to Snapper’s pants’ seam when he stoops down to pick up a dropped Figgy Duff.

Now I’m gonna have this image stuck in me every time someone shoots at me with .303s roflmao

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-21-2019, 14:30
Now I’m gonna have this image stuck in me every time someone shoots at me with .303s roflmao

Have I told you about a time long ago when Snapper mistook my Hurricane for a BF109 over Sittingbourne and team killed me with a single 303 burst to the head?

The amazing thing about it, was that the shot was perfectly placed directly through the front pane, which I saw break before lights out. :stunned:

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-21-2019, 15:01
Have I told you about a time long ago when Snapper mistook my Hurricane for a BF109 over Sittingbourne and team killed me with a single 303 burst to the head?

The amazing thing about it, was that the shot was perfectly placed directly through the front pane, which I saw break before lights out. :stunned:

It’s the only time I succeeded in a head on shot! :doh:

ATAG_Highseas
Jun-21-2019, 17:42

Calico?!

DAMN IT !!

I wanted Hessian... or canvas.

I HATE the sound of calico in the morning

:D

ATAG_Slipstream
Jun-21-2019, 20:11
Calico?!

DAMN IT !!

I wanted Hessian... or canvas.

I HATE the sound of calico in the morning

:D

Below is a little preview of the new .303 effects and the video below that shows the effect on the enemy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnkR3CqioPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6_d4n_eTo

ATAG_TCP
Jun-22-2019, 01:35
Top stuff Pattle!

This is a massive update update from the standpoint of emerssion!
Will be 110% looking forward to hearing these changes :)

Good work TFS and good luck with the work

I_B_Spectre
Jun-25-2019, 14:01
Below is a little preview of the new .303 effects and the video below that shows the effect on the enemy :D

Hmmm, the first video I'm seeing is of a still picture of a recorder titled "The Whistler" with a recorder music track. The second video titled "What happens when you play venga boys boom bo..." that looks like cell phone video of street activity with a boom box soundtrack. Did someone hijack the .303 effects and the effects on the enemy videos?

ATAG_Noofy
Jun-25-2019, 14:55
Hmmm, the first video I'm seeing is of a still picture of a recorder titled "The Whistler" with a recorder music track. The second video titled "What happens when you play venga boys boom bo..." that looks like cell phone video of street activity with a boom box soundtrack. Did someone hijack the .303 effects and the effects on the enemy videos?

I think it was intended as a joke...

IIJG27Rich
Jun-25-2019, 15:36
I don't think there is one sim on earth that has got a 109s external sound right yet..Don't overdo that supercharger whistle :doh:

ATAG_TCP
Jun-25-2019, 20:00
Aye, it is all about finding that balance Rich, but I have plenty of faith in the chaps typing the numbers.

I also think Cliffs is the only sim I have actually heard with the supercharger whistle, so that is definitely a bonus. All about the details ;)

Definitely looking forward to all those lovely effects though, really is a massive part in the emmerssion :)

I wonder if a tinsy little sneak "listen" could be arranged over the next couple of months :3

IIJG27Rich
Jun-25-2019, 22:54
Nice to hear :salute:

Blitzen
Jun-26-2019, 11:20
Any new pix or vids available ? Any rough rock &:thumbsup: roll ETA???

ATAG_Headshot
Jun-26-2019, 18:53
it’s the only time i succeeded in a head on shot! :doh:

mwahahahaha