PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Simulations update 7 July, 2019 - Introducing the Bf 109 F4 Trop - WIP

ATAG_Pattle
Jul-07-2019, 04:05
Also showcasing new sounds and the new theater, North Africa.

A more in depth look at the Bf 109 F4 Trop will be released in the near future.

The North Africa map is still in Alpha. It does not include the new cloud systems and weather, or other details such as rock formations or rocky abutments, distance views, etc. etc. which will be seen in the final version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-U2VpWdZWE

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-07-2019, 04:13
Awesome!

ATAG_Vampire
Jul-07-2019, 04:16
The 'Star of Afrika' is rising.

Great stuff Pat. The Jagdwaffe Pilots will be all of a quiver over this update.

Loved the DB engine sounds. Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

07 :salute:

Hyperus
Jul-07-2019, 05:30
The sound is really good, so is the 3d model

I really cant get over noticing the 2k texture tho, especially on the tail "Bitte nicht anfassen" looks a little bot out of focus, I think 4K would do wonders here.

9./JG52_Meyer
Jul-07-2019, 05:30
Our new mount awaits us.
And drop tanks to store Scnapps, suntan cream and leather thongs .Cant wait
however the Staffels priority on arriving in Afrika is to find the best Bordello in
the area, one that can surpass Sanndbag Sadie's in Le Harve which has been the
mainstay of our stay in France..
Manys a young pilot from 9./JG52 has had to visit the unit doc for treatment after a sojourn at Sadies

Hals und beinbruch:flying2:

IIJG27Rich
Jul-07-2019, 05:43
I really do like the sound...Best 109 sound in gaming :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :salute:

Hyperus
Jul-07-2019, 06:13
I really do like the sound...Best 109 sound in gaming :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :salute:

To that i can wholefully agree ^^

DUI
Jul-07-2019, 06:20
*fillinsomewordsofexcitementhere*! :party2:

major_setback
Jul-07-2019, 07:07
The sound is really good, so is the 3d model

I really cant get over noticing the 2k texture tho, especially on the tail "Bitte nicht anfassen" looks a little bot out of focus, I think 4K would do wonders here.

This is to a very great extent due to the original hidden layers on the Bf109 that we inherited from the original game. The writing is blurred from the start, and a lot more so than it could have been.
It is the sharpness, or lack of sharpness on these textures which is the cause of the perceived low quality look of the 2k textures. The warning text is on the same layer as the rivets/panel-lines/simple-wear, so can't be easily edited.
If you look at any of my Ju87 skins (in the download section of the forum) you will see that there is a big difference between the Bf109 and Ju87 where I added the texts myself (as they are not part of the hidden textures as they are with the Bf109).

Here is what the skin text should have looked like from the outset (zoomed 400%), compared with my test text, both being 2k:

It is not the fact that it is 2K that makes it so blurred.
I wanted to change these warning texts, but it is not possible - without destroying the underlying rivets etc.

Cheers

ATAG_SKUD
Jul-07-2019, 07:26
Looking good. I agree with Rich-sounds are very nice. Can't wait to fly this.

:salute:
Skud

Hyperus
Jul-07-2019, 07:37
This is to a very great extent due to the original hidden layers on the Bf109 that we inherited from the original game. The writing is blurred from the start, and a lot more so than it could have been.
It is the sharpness, or lack of sharpness on these textures which is the cause of the perceived low quality look of the 2k textures. The warning text is on the same layer as the rivets/panel-lines/simple-wear, so can't be easily edited.
If you look at any of my Ju87 skins (in the download section of the forum) you will see that there is a big difference between the Bf109 and Ju87 where I added the texts myself (as they are not part of the hidden textures as they are with the Bf109).

Here is what the skin text should have looked like from the outset (zoomed 400%), compared with my test text, both being 2k:

It is not the fact that it is 2K that makes it so blurred.
I wanted to change these warning texts, but it is not possible - without destroying the underlying rivets etc.

Cheers

May i ask why the texts being on the hidden textures was taken to the new 109?

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-07-2019, 08:50
As a diehard Spittie Brylcreme Boy I have only two words to describe the Franzburger:

Uh oh. :recon:

:)

ATAG_Torian
Jul-07-2019, 08:51
:droolingfaceemoji:

major_setback
Jul-07-2019, 08:59
May i ask why the texts being on the hidden textures was taken to the new 109?

It is all a question of what gets priority. We do not have unlimited time or resources.

Anyway, the point is that 2k can look good. Most user-skinners do work which does not use 2k to it's best advantages. People are asking for 4k textures when they are not using the 2k skins to anywhere near the maximum of their potential.

Cheers

DerDa
Jul-07-2019, 12:28
Great sounds!
But, as a red pilot I really, really dislike this 109 F!
I just hope that lots of blue pilots will use those drop tanks and forget to jettison them in combat ...

And who left this camel's carcass rotting in the scrub?
:-)

ATAG_Scones
Jul-07-2019, 12:40
Awesome!

:thumbsup:

ATAG_Flare
Jul-07-2019, 12:51
Damn that looks like a beast! Going to be fun to fly, not so fun to fight against!

With all these updates coming out recently I hope we get to see the Wellington in one of them..... or the P-40!

ATAG_Laser
Jul-07-2019, 12:56
Another great Update, thanks. :thumbsup:

The 109 F4 Trop sure looks an awesome beast

Ohms
Jul-07-2019, 13:07
WOW just WOW. Looks and sounds fantastic. Thanks again for all your hard work!

9./JG52_Meyer
Jul-07-2019, 14:15
Great sounds!
But, as a red pilot I really, really dislike this 109 F!
I just hope that lots of blue pilots will use those drop tanks and forget to jettison them in combat ...

Lol i thought it was a fish like you see in Top Cat cartoons

Hals und beinbruch

IIJG27Rich
Jul-07-2019, 15:02
One more thing..I always did some much better with the one 20mm firing straight ahead rather than the two converging at a certain distance

ATAG_Noofy
Jul-07-2019, 16:04
Fanbloodytastic!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IIJG27Rich
Jul-08-2019, 00:29
Will we be notified if any twitch streams happen?

ATAG_Knight
Jul-08-2019, 02:47
Scary . Very scary indeed :recon:

DerDa
Jul-08-2019, 05:22
Lol i thought it was a fish like you see in Top Cat cartoons

Hals und beinbruch

Not too many fish in sandy deserts usually.
Or do you think they will give us new weather including sharknados???

I can already see the message appearing on the screen: 'DerDa's Hurricane collided with a great white during take-off' :)

ATAG_Noofy
Jul-08-2019, 06:07
Not too many fish in sandy deserts usually.
Or do you think they will give us new weather including sharknados???

I can already see the message appearing on the screen: 'DerDa's Hurricane collided with a great white during take-off' :)

I would double-check my assumptions if I were you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt1r9zDKYjU

ATAG_Highseas
Jul-08-2019, 13:16

I probably shouldn't say this. But.....

I have on every other occasion laid the blame squarely with one man....

So.... what harm can it do eh?

(Drum roll......)

I can confirm with no doubt in my mind at all.... its was

MARLOW. !

:D

ATAG_TCP
Jul-08-2019, 18:36
Okay, just a few things.

First of all:
Tracers are looking amazing

Secondly:
Engine sounds on the schmitt are 99.9% spot on with the increase and decrease in pitch with the flypast. Supercharger whistle is also sounding pretty neat

Thirdly, and finally, I wont have to lecture you guys on this again:
That fire effect looks like absolute complete and total success! I hardly think there is anything else to be done to it, it simply looks realistic.

That is all I am going to say on that!
:ind:

Top fried eggs flippin' work TFS!
:)

ATAG_Marlow
Jul-11-2019, 17:03
I probably shouldn't say this. But.....

I have on every other occasion laid the blame squarely with one man....

So.... what harm can it do eh?

(Drum roll......)

I can confirm with no doubt in my mind at all.... its was

MARLOW. !

:D

...Bbbwwwaaaaaaaggghhhhh!

..........but it couldn't have been me! I don't even like camels....more of a donkey/ horse man, myself! And I didn't visit that belly dancing den when I was last in Tunisia either! The wife insisted I attend the 'all you can eat and drink' Tunisian Folk Evening' instead! Dancing on tables and breaking plates......total rubbish that was! Salute! :D

Rapier07
Aug-03-2019, 20:38
Great work. I agree the sound is outstanding. Always like North Afrika in lL2 1946. 109 F4 simply is my fav 109. Can't wait to hear "Achtung. Target Tobruk."