PDA

View Full Version : TFS 5.0 Tank battle test Cruiser MK IVA v PzKpfw III

ATAG_Pattle
Jul-20-2019, 23:03
One of our TFS team has put together a WIP Tank battle scenario, showing landscape undulations.

This is an oasis environment... not full desert.

Paint schemes of playable PzKpfw III and Cruiser MK IVA tanks.

Damage model textures

Featuring Flak37 and QF 3-inch 20 CWT artillery pieces.

Undulating landscape

The North Africa map is still in Alpha. It does not include the new cloud systems and weather, or other details such as rock formations or rocky abuttments, distance views, etc. etc. which will be seen in the final version.
Some are holdovers from CoD and will almost certainly be different in TF 5.0 such as grass/dust etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZw35qJrytw&feature=youtu.be

Hyperus
Jul-21-2019, 06:21
ohohohoho

very gud )

DUI
Jul-21-2019, 13:34
Nice, more and more videos.

Keeping the fingers crossed that everything comes together nicely in a foreseeable future.

TWC_Padre
Jul-21-2019, 14:52
One of our TFS team has put together a WIP Tank battle scenario, showing landscape undulations.

Paint schemes of playable PzKpfw III and Cruiser MK IVA tanks.

I saw this happen in another flight SIM game and suddenly it became more about the tank battles than the plane battles. I hope the same thing doesn't happen here!

Pans
Jul-21-2019, 18:37
I saw this happen in another flight SIM game and suddenly it became more about the tank battles than the plane battles. I hope the same thing doesn't happen here!

Cliffs already has playable tanks and the ability to create AI ground missions. The TWC servers have always made good use of these.

TWC_Padre
Jul-21-2019, 19:10
Well good then, there's nothing to worry about

III./ZG76_Saipan
Jul-21-2019, 23:05
meh..curent version has driveable tanks and it never seemed that popular. if this option is slowing down the overall progress i say put it on hold for now. its not critical.

SamJoDo
Jul-22-2019, 07:17
meh..curent version has driveable tanks and it never seemed that popular. if this option is slowing down the overall progress i say put it on hold for now. its not critical.

Could not agree more with this!

Mysticpuma
Jul-22-2019, 12:31
Don't see this as slowing production. Reskinning tanks is only a small process and this video is just an example of a ground battle o going which mission builders can set up as ongoing targets to be strafed or bombed. TFS have never invested huge amounts of time on tank internals, simply making them functional but not at the detriment of higher priority work in a flight sim.
This is just an example of WIP to keep the community engaged while other work is ongoing :thumbsup:

Cheers, MP

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-22-2019, 14:37
Aircraft will always be the focus of the CLIFFS OF DOVER series, not vehicles or ships.

However, the fact is, the North African campaign was far more about the land campaign than the Battle of Britain.

The ground forces of the opposing sides were in direct contact... with the potential to move the front lines... something which was not possible in the BoB with the channel.

There was far more low level ground attack in North Africa than the BoB.

Vehicles will be easier to spot in TF 5.0 due to dust effects and the lack of trees and vegetation as well as the lack of buildings.

For all the above reasons, we want to improve and add to the complexity of the vehicles in TF 5.0.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Jul-22-2019, 14:44
cool, thanks for the info

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-22-2019, 15:37
Some more details on tanks/vehicles in TF 5.0:

There will be some small changes to the vehicles... we plan to add another position the player can use to drive the vehicle... option to go from the driver's perspective to the commanders perspective. This is more realistic... the commander controlled the movement of the vehicle... and this will give the player a better view of the battlefield. There will be the potential for multiple main gun positions in a tank and, the use of more historical gunsights, with zoom for the gunsights being changed to more accurate reflect the actual vehicles. We may also add opening hatches and views for button down. There will be no interior 3D work... when inside the tank and buttoned up the player sees a main gun/MG gunsight view or potentially a cupola or hatch slit view but no details of the interior.

All of the various bugs with certain vehicles will be fixed, so all the vehicles are usable and the view positions are correct.

Obviously we plan to add new vehicles for the North Africa environment, which should include:

- 1941-42 model Pz Mk III/IV including long 50mm model Mk IIIJ.

- 1941-42 model British Cruiser tanks

- US M3 Stuart

- US M3 Grant Tank

- Italian CV-35 L-3 light Tank

- Italian L-6 40 light Tank

- Italian M-11/39 Medium Tank

- Italian M-13/40 Medium Tank

- Italian Semovente 75/18 Self Propelled Gun

Various other vehicles and artillery pieces from both sides.

We would like to add a human model for the commander when hatch open/unbuttoned... and this model would be subject to being hit and killed by fire with the result this position can no longer be selected.

We would also like to introduce multiple vehicle spawns in Multiplayer so that a player can spawn in as a commander of a platoon of 4 tanks... with the option for the player to control the movement and fire of the tanks in his platoon in the same way a flight leader controls his flight.

Would also like to introduce the remote control of artillery batteries... so they fire indirectly on the command of a player in a vehicle when he goes through a spotting procedure.

We hope to have all Anti-Tank and Artillery pieces as mannable with gunsights.

1lokos
Jul-22-2019, 16:04
One criticism of the CloD tanks is that they are like IL-2:46 tanks, have "health bar", so they are able to destroy each other just with machine gun fire.

IIJG27Rich
Jul-23-2019, 04:10
looks great! :thumbsup: :salute:

Rostic
Jul-23-2019, 04:21
If I remember right, mission menu (tab-4 menu) not accesible for vehicles right now. So if you really plan add more functionallity to vehicles in multiplayer for players, then add possibility to call mission menu (tab-4) for vehicles. This can be useful for mission script writers.

=FI=Murph
Jul-26-2019, 12:20
Does this mean that AI vehicles will be able to use roads and bridges?

Mysticpuma
Jul-27-2019, 11:37

:recon:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-27-2019, 18:09

We are working on fixing that bug.

Mysticpuma
Jul-28-2019, 10:19
We are working on fixing that bug.

Good to read........ but that means it's still there. Really hope the coders can figure this longstanding mission maker frustrating bug out once and for all :sobbing:

jackd
Aug-03-2019, 03:26
Aircraft will always be the focus of the CLIFFS OF DOVER series, not vehicles or ships.

However, the fact is, the North African campaign was far more about the land campaign than the Battle of Britain ... Vehicles will be easier to spot in TF 5.0 due to dust effects and the lack of trees and vegetation as well as the lack of buildings.

For all the above reasons, we want to improve and add to the complexity of the vehicles in TF 5.0.

Now how about torpedoing some Camels ? At least some call them Ship of the Desert.

IIJG27Rich
Aug-03-2019, 04:50
Speaking of camels I remember in IL-2 1946 I use to amuse myself by making little scenes of solders finally find their lost pet camel ...just a skeleton..lying at peace in the sand. The Africa Korp soldier comes up to the dead animal.... screams out in tears..."STEVE!!!!"

ATAG_Ribbs
Aug-03-2019, 10:46
Did u see the animal skeleton in the !09 update?

priller26
Sep-27-2019, 18:00
Very nice!