PDA

View Full Version : The Plane That Flies Itself!

Mr. Bin
Jan-26-2013, 01:42
Ah, the Bristol Blenheim, Frank Barnwell designed a truly brilliant bird. Stormbat and I were going after some panzers by Desvres when Ack Ack hit us. Blew out our engines, ripped off our port wing, killed Storm in the cockpit and me in the turret... Yet still the plane managed to land!

StormBat
Jan-26-2013, 02:17
Good times, Good times. Still never found those tanks in m4.5 after taking out the bombers at Oye Plage and the fuel depot at Estree(with help of course) :) Had a blast though, thanks all for flying cap and helping with the runs, much appreciated!

Oersted
Jan-27-2013, 07:48
Good times, Good times. Still never found those tanks in m4.5 after taking out the bombers at Oye Plage and the fuel depot at Estree(with help of course) :) Had a blast though, thanks all for flying cap and helping with the runs, much appreciated!

Not easy to find, they are closely spaced under tarpaulins, but there is a big radio mast and Red Cross tent with the covered tanks that you can look out for. Best way to know you're close is the deadly flak! Level bombing to avoid the worst flak is also difficult because the target is so small, so yeah, a (perhaps bit too) tough nut to crack.

Taff In Exile
Jan-27-2013, 09:29
Good going guys, I have done three sorties to the fuel depot near Estree and hsve been able to find it every time. Can you advise a fellow blennie driver where it is please as I just circle around getting shot at until I get bored and bomb the flak placements :-)

Cheers

StormBat
Jan-29-2013, 11:32
Good going guys, I have done three sorties to the fuel depot near Estree and hsve been able to find it every time. Can you advise a fellow blennie driver where it is please as I just circle around getting shot at until I get bored and bomb the flak placements :-)

Cheers

Ya just follow the river(channel) east up from Le Tourque(SP?). It's not too far up(a few km) and it's located right on the air base(Estree) to your left. You should be able to see the fuel depot on the air base. Good luck.

StormBat
Jan-29-2013, 11:32
Not easy to find, they are closely spaced under tarpaulins, but there is a big radio mast and Red Cross tent with the covered tanks that you can look out for. Best way to know you're close is the deadly flak! Level bombing to avoid the worst flak is also difficult because the target is so small, so yeah, a (perhaps bit too) tough nut to crack.

Can find it no problem now, thanks.

Taff In Exile
Jan-30-2013, 05:41
Cheers Stormbat, I'll have to have a sortie that way.