PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Moth Shoot-Up #11

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-03-2019, 00:14
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41071&d=1570075899

Fight for a chance to get your name engraved into the Moth Cup.

October 26th, ( That's a Saturday! ) come join us for another Tiger Moth Shoot up!!

Starting at 21:00 GMT

CUSTOM SKINS!
The theme for this event is Halloween...
So get your sexy moths costumes on!

Winners of the Moth events have a custom badge for their planes.

So if you would like to come and just watch from a spawned in plane, mark down "Spectator" and come see the action first hand over head.

Event Itinerary

- Everyone try and get on TS 15-20 min before start

- @2100GMT we will walk through the start up of the Tiger Moth (can be tricky for some) (5-10min)

- Everyone taxi to their starting spots (5min)

- Run 1vs1 (16 fight's @ 3-5min each) (50-70min)

- Take off at the same time then turn and fight to the death over the airfield.

- Team Match! (15-30 min+)
Find someone to pairup with and we'll see if we can get some team fights!

- Free-For-All, for the remaining time.(Open to all if we get more than 16) (15-30 min+)

Please comment below if you wish to attend, and identify if you wish to be a pilot or spectator.
[If you show up, you might as well compete as it is a lot of fun]

Pilots;

ATAG_TCP
Robo
ATAG_DRock
ATAG_Scones
ATAG_Noofy
ATAG_yotheguy
ATAG_Lord Wukits

Spectators;

Simply ask, and we'll get some training time set up!
Have an idea for a Moth Skin, but don't know where to start‽ Ask/post for help. We are more than happy to assist!
Aiming to keep this going the first Saturday of every month![unless otherwise announced]

Server Password

ATAG_yotheguy
Oct-03-2019, 00:36
I'm going to do my best to make it to this one, but I'm still working on setting up my pc after a win wipe and reinstall. :bricks:

Put my down for spectator for now.

https://i.imgur.com/9ZsExk0.gif

ATAG_Noofy
Oct-03-2019, 06:55
Booooo! Booooo! :thumbsup:
This is going to be a scary one.
I am not missing that one

ATAG_Scones
Oct-03-2019, 17:26
This looks like it's going to be a hair-raising event! Nevertheless, count me in.

:thumbsup:

DRock
Oct-03-2019, 20:54
Oooo, what a treat.:thumbsup:

I'M IN.:recon:

Robo
Oct-04-2019, 10:33
Awesome artwork!
count me in! are we still doing twilight matches?

ATAG_TCP
Oct-04-2019, 14:10
COUNT ME IAAawm probably gonna be down south that weekend...:-)

Hopefully will be a good fight, will make it again one of these days, hopefully number 12 ;)

Interested to see who gets the glow in the dark paint out :-P

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-04-2019, 22:28
Awesome artwork!
count me in! are we still doing twilight matches?

Yes... but I have an issue whereas only the server side person can view the searchlights. Can't seem to get them to visible for the clients in multiplayer.

Robo
Oct-05-2019, 11:04
oh no!
well, maybe you can create the night time map with searchlights and another dusk/twilight one without search lights so we have a choice.. and can try testing it out..

also, if possible, please add spawns at the red fighter base so we can practice there instead of wrecking the bomber base and restarting the server.

ATAG_yotheguy
Oct-05-2019, 14:56
Oh the 26th?

The date was hard to see in the poster, so I thought it was today (the first Saturday of the month)

I don't know if I can make it the 26th. :(

Robo
Oct-05-2019, 15:06
WHOA! i just realised as well!

Damn im not going to be able to make it in 26th! i have my TOEFL on 27th :(
im down to play tonight! anyone wanna join??

ATAG_Scones
Oct-06-2019, 07:20
Oh the 26th?

The date was hard to see in the poster, so I thought it was today (the first Saturday of the month)

I don't know if I can make it the 26th. :(

Well Yo', you may need these for the next TM event to help you with your contact spotting:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnripeMiniatureHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.gif

:)

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-06-2019, 14:27
oh no!
well, maybe you can create the night time map with searchlights and another dusk/twilight one without search lights so we have a choice.. and can try testing it out..

also, if possible, please add spawns at the red fighter base so we can practice there instead of wrecking the bomber base and restarting the server.

HAhahah you crack me up!

I have an issue whereas only the server side person can view the searchlights. Can't seem to get them to visible for the clients in multiplayer.

THe spawn thing is fixed, and we have a newish map.

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-06-2019, 14:35
I was trying to keep this near halloween. if you have another date in mind it would help. Let's try to work on posting suggestions for issues :thumbsup:, instead of just stating issues :(

Robo
Oct-07-2019, 01:22
oh, in that case, i'd be really grateful if we can have it on the coming saturday, 12th or on the first saturday of next month, 2nd.
if these dates work for everyone else that is... of course.

unfortunately for me, im approaching the end of my undergrad years and theres a lot of exams, college applications, farewells, and partying in store for me.. i know for sure i wont be able to make it on any other weekend.. :(

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-10-2019, 14:11
oh, in that case, i'd be really grateful if we can have it on the coming saturday, 12th or on the first saturday of next month, 2nd.
if these dates work for everyone else that is... of course.

unfortunately for me, im approaching the end of my undergrad years and theres a lot of exams, college applications, farewells, and partying in store for me.. i know for sure i wont be able to make it on any other weekend.. :(

Fair enough. When are you partying, so we can avoid conflicting with it. :)

Robo
Oct-10-2019, 23:57
okay, so tomorrow im free.
19th i have exams over the weekend. tough ones
26th i have my toefl on the 27th so no way i can play
2nd can do. 3rd is my farewell party. doesnt make a difference if i miss a night's sleep because im going to pass out anyway ;)

Robo
Oct-13-2019, 13:25
hey everyone,

So, since my TOEFL exam is on the 27th.. i will not be able to make it to the tournament if its held on 26th.
for this reason, i wish to postpone the tournament by one week.. to nov 2rd. (first saturday of november)
hopefully this should also give a little extra time for the map makers to add more features..
so,
ATAG_TCP
ATAG_DRock
ATAG_Scones
ATAG_Noofy
ATAG_yotheguy

Please let it be known now if you have a problem with moving the tournament!
I hope your schedules are free and id like all of us to fly together again!

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-13-2019, 19:53
https://youtu.be/DzQjrOWynzk

ATAG_Noofy
Oct-13-2019, 20:35
hey everyone,

So, since my TOEFL exam is on the 27th.. i will not be able to make it to the tournament if its held on 26th.
for this reason, i wish to postpone the tournament by one week.. to nov 2rd. (first saturday of november)
hopefully this should also give a little extra time for the map makers to add more features..
so,
ATAG_TCP
ATAG_DRock
ATAG_Scones
ATAG_Noofy
ATAG_yotheguy

Please let it be known now if you have a problem with moving the tournament!
I hope your schedules are free and id like all of us to fly together again!

For me no problem, but first Saturday in November should be the date of the November TM shoot-up...
This one was postponed to 26 Oct to match Halloween.
Anyway, I'll go with the majority.
PS: You have your TOEFL exam on a Sunday?

ATAG_Noofy
Oct-13-2019, 20:37
https://youtu.be/DzQjrOWynzk

Wow, great video Wukits.
Too bad we can't see the spotlights in multiplayer mode :(

Robo
Oct-14-2019, 11:18
For me no problem, but first Saturday in November should be the date of the November TM shoot-up...
This one was postponed to 26 Oct to match Halloween.
Anyway, I'll go with the majority.
PS: You have your TOEFL exam on a Sunday?

i know! i know! but the map looks soo amazing, id hate to miss the event.
yes, the exam is on sunday 1000h. and the tournament would be on sunday 0230h for me :(

DRock
Oct-14-2019, 14:28
I’m ok with a postponement if necessary.

I’d rather have Robo join us.:salute:

ATAG_Scones
Oct-14-2019, 19:25
I feel the same way as DRock does. I'm sure we all do. I'd rather you join us, Robo.

:salute:

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-14-2019, 19:28
I'm down either way. If Robo cannot make this coming event, the next one would only be a week away. Either way, I'll leave it up to the group to decide.

Also, I'm playing around with making a moth mission for each of the maps available in Clod. Figure I'd roll dice to determine which would be hosted. So this Moth mission would not be limited to just this halloween.

ATAG_Noofy
Oct-14-2019, 21:31
We should add a condition to this, like a minimum TOEFL score of 100?

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-14-2019, 22:42
We should add a condition to this, like a minimum TOEFL score of 100?

Minimum score of 101! :-)

Robo
Oct-14-2019, 23:44
ha! crazy! only if you guys help me with my English lol
thanks a lot for being flexible though! means a lot to me.

just waiting for a response from ATAG_yotheguy.. everyone else seems to be okay with postponement

ATAG_Noofy
Oct-15-2019, 02:10
ha! crazy! only if you guys help me with my English lol
thanks a lot for being flexible though! means a lot to me.

just waiting for a response from ATAG_yotheguy.. everyone else seems to be okay with postponement

You'll send us a copy of your scores.

Anything below 101 will ban you from the postponed event :devilish:

And here’s for your training:

https://youtu.be/vhd1IqNM3M8

ATAG_TCP
Oct-15-2019, 02:58
I don't reckon I would have any unusual difficulties with thr new date, it should be all good chaps ;)

Robo
Oct-17-2019, 02:36
You'll send us a copy of your scores.

Anything below 101 will ban you from the postponed event :devilish:

And here’s for your training:

https://youtu.be/vhd1IqNM3M8

aw man, if its a score of 1.01 you want, thats exactly whatll happen :P

ATAG_Noofy
Oct-19-2019, 21:46
aw man, if its a score of 1.01 you want, thats exactly whatll happen :P

Blimey !

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Oct-26-2019, 14:47
The Tiger Moth event has been postponed until proof that Robo has a score of 101 or higher...

or November 2nd... whichever come first.

ATAG_Noofy
Oct-29-2019, 22:02
The Tiger Moth event has been postponed until proof that Robo has a score of 101 or higher...

So Robo, how did the TOEFL go?

Robo
Oct-30-2019, 06:00
oh i had such a wild weekend!
i had 2 job interviews on saturday, and i thought ill start studying for the TOEFL on saturday afternoon.. write my TOEFL on sunday 10:00, study little bit for a class test scheduled on monday, chill w/ family celebrate diwali, and return to college by the night bus, in time for the class test at 8:00 on monday morning.
THIS was the plan. what actually happened:
heavy rains on friday night delayed my bus so i reached bangalore at 10:30 instead of 6:00. my first interview was at 11:00. walked straight into the office in my muddy shorts and slippers, apologized, but fortunately they took my interview anyway. i hadnt even brushed my teeth! second interview got delayed and eventually i reached home only by 19:00. rushed to study for my TOEFL, fell asleep before i could finish studying. but wrote the test anyway! i think it went really well. im confident ill get more than 100.. bought some firecrackers on my way home and started celebrating, with some friends and family.. it was damn fun. my return bus was at 21:30 but it started to rain very heavily so i left home a bit early, boarded the bus in time, but just 10km outside bangalore the bus tyre blew! luckily it was the back tyre and the bus didnt go out of control, and luckily it happened near bangalore and not while descending the western ghats (mountain range with hairpin bends). fortunately another bus was following behind and they could fit everyone in. thats when i realised that i hadnt studied for my class test! so i sat in the bus and made my notes only to walk into class at 8:04. the teacher had just started distributing the questions! i think i did well in that test too..

man i slept like a baby that night.
i found out today that i got through both interviews, now i just have to decide who i want to work for..

Edit: *101, im confident ill get at least 101. although my results will only be out between 6 to 10 days.

ATAG_Noofy
Oct-30-2019, 06:31
Wow, what an adventure :thumbsup:
Well done mate. Congratulations.
We are all proud of you.

ATAG_Scones
Oct-30-2019, 12:54
Good on ya, Robo! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Nov-02-2019, 13:03
Might be an hour late.

ATAG_Noofy
Nov-02-2019, 14:10
By the way are we still aiming for 21:00 GMT?
Now that we are all back to winter time, that would make it one hour earlier than usual...

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Nov-02-2019, 22:11
Congrats to our first Moth Shoot-up ACE [under-review]!

ATAG_Noofy
Nov-03-2019, 04:11
Congrats to our first Moth Shoot-up ACE ROBO!

Well done Tibsun :thumbsup:

Also thanks to all who participated. That was great fun as usual.

And personal apologies for my serial head on crashes last night. First I thought it was due to the low night light, but when it continued after switching to daylight, there must have been another reason. Probably fatigue or lack of sleep...

ATAG_Scones
Nov-03-2019, 06:17
A huge thank you to our host ATAG_Lord Wukits for all his work setting up the map and providing the server. He and all the brilliant contestants have made this the most fun TM event so far!

Congratulations to this month's winner, Tibsun! :thumbsup:

Robo
Nov-04-2019, 01:54
wait a second! i dont remember winning!
im pretty sure it was tibsun who won.
we collided but he landed and i crashed.
i was wayy too sleepy and hungover to play, especially with the delay, the match was from 0330h to 0530h

also, here be the requested evidence :)

ATAG_Scones
Nov-04-2019, 06:25

I wondered why Tibsun was using your Tiger Moth skin!

Could someone please confirm that Tibsun is this month's winner?

ATAG_Noofy
Nov-05-2019, 06:43
i was wayy too sleepy and hungover to play, especially with the delay, the match was from 0330h to 0530h

also, here be the requested evidence :)

Er.. honestly I was not in front of screen when this happened so do not remember exactly, but that rings a bell, yes.
Surely someone has recorded the event?

And reconfirming my congratulations on the TOEFL score :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Nov-06-2019, 18:40
If Robo is sure that Tibsun did win, that's more than sufficient for me.

CONGRATULATION ON TIBSUN BECOMING THE FIRST MOTH CUP ACE!

ATAG_Lord Wukits
Nov-17-2019, 13:27
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31667&p=342398#post342398