PDA

View Full Version : Spawn inside hangar => blow up

Onno
Jan-30-2013, 04:38
The other day I spawned inside a hanger on one of the fighter fields on the blue side. I think the hangar was put there by the map creator, but I'm not sure. I blew up as soon as I wanted to taxi out. Unfortunately, this happened twice because I respawned on the same spot when I created a new flight.

Edite: oops, this needs to be in the cliffs server missions forum.

Salmo
Feb-21-2013, 22:29
If this happens again, can you try to identify the map, mission (battle), airfield, spawn point (location) on the airfield please. These will help to locate the problem.

Muffin
Apr-03-2013, 22:45
The other day I spawned inside a hanger on one of the fighter fields on the blue side. I think the hangar was put there by the map creator, but I'm not sure. I blew up as soon as I wanted to taxi out. Unfortunately, this happened twice because I respawned on the same spot when I created a new flight.

Edite: oops, this needs to be in the cliffs server missions forum.

This happened to me too! I believe it was in the hangers at Coquelles.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-03-2013, 23:29
Just get in the habit of hitting your brakes as soon as you spawn. Hold down 100% brakes as the engine fires and you should minimize the plane's tendancy to turn.

Muffin
Apr-04-2013, 21:02
Just get in the habit of hitting your brakes as soon as you spawn. Hold down 100% brakes as the engine fires and you should minimize the plane's tendancy to turn.

Hello Keller. Hitting the sides of the hangar is not the cause. When I spawned in, I blew up within seconds of spawning, I didn't even start the engine. I'm not sure what causes it. I will try and get some footage of it in the next few days and I will post it here

Muffin

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-04-2013, 23:47
If that's the case then it is indeed a bad spawn point, like Salmo says; if we know which one it is then it can be removed.

Wolf
Apr-05-2013, 06:18
If that's the case then it is indeed a bad spawn point, like Salmo says; if we know which one it is then it can be removed.

I have seen this topic pop up a bit. You may not be aware. But spawn points in hangars are set in the .msh & him file through 3ds hooks. So you may not be able to remove or move them. Also this. Ties in with the placement of the hangar on the airfield where spawn points are.

Just an FYI as I was reading the core coding for buildings and hangars the other day and this reminded me to post here.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-05-2013, 15:41
Hey Wolf! I think Bliss "eliminates" them by placing a static aircraft in the spot.

E69_pupo
May-25-2013, 19:42
Coquelles airfield:

spawnpoints:
66 68 70 72 74 76 78 79 81 y 82

seam to be problematic, depending on the size of the plane you choose. sometimes even the fighters get stuck with their tails deep inside the hangar walls.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

Salmo
Nov-08-2013, 16:54
Coquelles airfield:

spawnpoints:
66 68 70 72 74 76 78 79 81 y 82

seam to be problematic, depending on the size of the plane you choose. sometimes even the fighters get stuck with their tails deep inside the hangar walls.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

Bad spawns at Coquelles & many other airfields have been corrected by either removing the offending hangars or moving them back slightly so planes don't collide with them when they spawn-in. The fixes will be released as part of the 4.01 mini-patch. Report bad spawns needing fixing HERE (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5889&highlight=bad+spawns)